You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 84.
#301 7 years ago

Is that Robin Trower's James Dewar?

Talk about a ripping show, Trower...

#302 7 years ago

He still brings it

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is that Robin Trower's James Dewar?

Yes, RIP

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He still brings it
» YouTube video

Yep, Robin Trower was everything SRV always wanted to be, but more.

#305 7 years ago

I saw Trower in about 1979. He tore that place apart.

#306 7 years ago

And you know who else? Alvin Lee when he was with Ten Years Later promoting Rocket Fuel. That guy was amazing!

#307 7 years ago

Lucky me, I also got to see this guitar genius before he passed on

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The musicals I think would make great games are Little Shop of Horrors (the AudreyII toys basically create themselves), Rocky Horror Picture Show, or Nightmare Before Christmas.

"Something Rotten" would be cool, it kind of covers many other musicals satirically. I'd love a new Phantom of the Opra, would be awesome. Wicked would also be need, a rethemed WOZ.

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Changing things up a bit even with an older punk band like the DKs would breathe some fresh air into this hobby. Just like when punk first arrived on the scene. At that time those old rock bands seemed like such a thing of the past until much later when metal started coming back.

The DKs are from 1978. Not exactly "fresh"

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

The DKs are from 1978. Not exactly "fresh"

You got any better ideas? We'll probably all be dead and burried by the time Stern makes it into this century music wise.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You got any better ideas? We'll probably all be dead and burried by the time Stern makes it into this century music wise.

I do!

183842_128303763909927_4049763_n_(resized).jpg183842_128303763909927_4049763_n_(resized).jpg

13445746_10157036217935230_7438694090217675595_n_(resized).jpg13445746_10157036217935230_7438694090217675595_n_(resized).jpg

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Get real, how many people would buy it? 5 tops?
PS: Don't get me wrong, I like the DK but o-din is trippin'again

Man, that prediction brings back memories of a similar prediction made by another Pinsider back in early 2015. Lemme see if I can find it. Oh, here it is...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm just gonna weigh in with: RZ is a horrible, horrible idea for a theme. Great if we want Stern to go bankrupt. They'd sell like 10 of these.
Any thread-starter post that starts with "now hear me out" you just know is gonna be a horrible idea.

#313 7 years ago

Unfortunately he was wrong! RZ is a GREAT theme!

Dead who???

#314 7 years ago

First. Joe "mother f$&@ing" perry is from Aerosmith. Not Boston.
Second since this thread has been nothing about an Aerosmith pin for 50 posts. I'm out.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lucky me, I also got to see this guitar genius before he passed on
» YouTube video

Saw Rory twice in small clubs, Robin once in an arena, SRV once outdoors at a medium-sized venue--all in their heyday. Really not sure I could pick between any of them--all were fantastic. However, Rory did it all with his hands--that has to count for something. Now if you were to add Jeff Beck to the mix...

#316 7 years ago

If RZ can be a successful theme for pinball then surely DK can as well.
DK is far more interesting and appealing to me than RZ.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Now if you were to add Jeff Beck to the mix...

There and Back tour at the Greek theatre around 1980. Have you ever seen a show at the Greek? Pretty awesome...

#318 7 years ago

But since this is an Aerosmith thread I did see them once. Along with a half a million other people. They were in pretty bad shape by then. Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush stole the show at Cal Jam II IMO.

#319 7 years ago

No leaked pictures yet?

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

No leaked pictures yet?

No official confirmation either.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

No leaked pictures yet?

You gotta be in the good ol' boys club to get the leaks. Just like with Ghostbusters, they were passing around pics for months before release.

#322 7 years ago

Despite all of the negativity that some have for Aerosmith, I still want my Aerosmith LE.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hate to say it, but if a company like stern was to do a "punk" (emphasis on the quotes here) would be someone like Green Day. It would never happen as they are too smal, but I would personally would love a Teenage Bottlerocket pin, just so I can play "Bigger than Kiss" on a pinball.

Jello would never sign off a corporate pinball anyway.

I also think Daft Punk has a lot of potential.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

Hate to say it, but if a company like stern was to do a "punk" (emphasis on the quotes here) would be someone like Green Day. It would never happen as they are too smal, but I would personally would love a Teenage Bottlerocket pin, just so I can play "Bigger than Kiss" on a pinball.

I've long advocated for a duel theme'd "battle of the bands" style music pin. Have two bands featured on the same pin battling it out Autobots vs Decepticons style.

Who wouldn't be into a Pearl Jam vs Nirvana theme'd pin? Two different LE versions to sell out. Would be amazing.

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've long advocated for a duel theme'd "battle of the bands" style music pin. Have two bands featured on the same pin battling it out Autobots vs Decepticons style.
Who wouldn't be into a Pearl Jam vs Nirvana theme'd pin? Two different LE versions to sell out. Would be amazing.

Who wouldn't be into that? Probably the license holders for both Nirvana and Pearl Jam? Haha

I'd like to see a generic rock themed pin where I could add my own songs, video clips and then swap out translite and cabinet decals without too much effort. I've thought about doing it with my AC/DC, but AC/DC would still be on the playfield and DMD.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes! That would be perfect for Van Halen. Left flipper button to select Diamond Dave and right flipper button to select Hagar.

#327 7 years ago

Better yet: Megadeth vs. Metallica.... oh wait, this isn't a fair fight! MEGADETH >>>>>>>>> metallica.....

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Who wouldn't be into that? Probably the license holders for both Nirvana and Pearl Jam? Haha

Good point. Would not be easy to work out the rights, exceedingly challenging for Nirvana sadly. Stern could reach out and give it a shot though.

Another idea I've always had is to do a mixed theme'd machine that was a music / sci fi game. Offspring battles aliens from outer space. Led Zepplan blasted to Middle Ages and must fight through time. Michael Jackson vs Zombies to save the world.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good point. Would not be easy to work out the rights, exceedingly challenging for Nirvana sadly. Stern could reach out and give it a shot though.
Another idea I've always had is to do a mixed theme'd machine that was a music / sci fi game. Offspring battles aliens from outer space. Led Zepplan blasted to Middle Ages and must fight through time. Michael Jackson vs Zombies to save the world.

... or MJ vs. Ten-year old boys!

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

... or MJ vs. Ten-year old boys!

In that perfect Mortal Combat voice -----" Finish Him !!!! "

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No official confirmation either.

July is near and so is a new pinball hopefully

#332 7 years ago

Stern should just wait a bit on the next title and focus on pumping out the pins that are on back order.

#333 7 years ago

Headphone kits always do good on music pins... I can't understand why

#334 7 years ago

I keep thinking of the skittles commercial......dream on....dream on....

I hope they get the guys to do lots of custom call outs.....even better, if it is LCD, custom VIDEO clips for the pin.... that could be fun...

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:Stern should just wait a bit on the next title and focus on pumping out the pins that are on back order.

and get some quality back into their machines.

1 month later
#336 7 years ago

A little news of of replay fx. Lyman didn't confirm the title, but said he had more time to code this game than any other pre release and he said he thought the game was going to be awesome. Of course, I wouldn't expect him to say it was terrible, but Lyman is my favorite person coding games and it's great to know he's had a lot of time on the game already.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

A little news of of replay fx. Lyman didn't confirm the title, but said he had more time to code this game than any other pre release and he said he thought the game was going to be awesome. Of course, I wouldn't expect him to say it was terrible, but Lyman is my favorite person coding games and it's great to know he's had a lot of time on the game already.

Since Lyman is coding, the style of the artwork along with whether Stern fixes the playfield ghosting problems will decide whether this game sells at all. Nobody wants a bunch of hand drawn or clip art of androgynous shriveled old men.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Since Lyman is coding, the artwork along with whether Stern fixes the playfield ghosting problems will decide whether this game sells at all.

I think they'll have the ghosting issues fixed by the time the next game releases. They've done the right thing in delaying production until they could get a handle on things. I expect them to announce Aerosmith around Expo time.

I think this game will do well and have legs to sell for the long haul based on the Borg/Lyman team. When Lyman is the one on the code from the beginning...really good things usually happen. Their recent track record of MET and TWD is very strong. Those are two of the greatest pins of all time in my opinion.

#339 7 years ago

I like to pop in here every month and remind people that nobody, and I mean NOBODY gave a crap about Metallica... until they saw it.

Aerosmith - regardless of quality - is a much more mainstream band with very well known songs.

If rumors are true and this is Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie and first color Stern display, a lot of haters are going to be whipping out their wallets.

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like to pop in here every month and remind people that nobody, and I mean NOBODY gave a crap about Metallica... until they saw it.
Aerosmith - regardless of quality - is a much more mainstream band with very well known songs.
If rumors are true and this is Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie and first color Stern display, a lot of haters are going to be whipping out their wallets.

It just seems that metal heads are more boisterous in the pinball hobby than other types of rock. More mainstream forms of rock don't seem to get much hype in the pinball community, at least not on Pinside.

A combination of Aerosmith, Borg, Lyman, Dirty Donnie and first color Stern display may get me to buy eventually only if the playfields are not defective and the gameplay is good.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

NOBODY gave a crap about Metallica... until they saw it.

Even Ed Robertson from bare naked ladies says "not my favorite band, my FAVORITE pinball machine"

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

+1000

If that's the combo I'm probably in and I like Aerosmith.

#343 7 years ago

I'm not a big Aerosmith fan but with Stern's A team working on it I certainly wouldn't count it out. I have a feeling it will surprise a lot of people. I was planning to pick up a GB but with all the delays and issues I may just hold off and wait and see what Aerosmith looks like before making a decision either way.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I may just hold off and wait and see what Aerosmith looks like

Here, this will save you the wait.

aerosmith_getty_2_0_1464008205_(resized).jpgaerosmith_getty_2_0_1464008205_(resized).jpg

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here, this will save you the wait.

Lol. If it looks like that it's a pass even if the software and layout is awesome. Hoping with DD on art it is more similar to PBR Can Crusher or Metallica with the band being a secondary element on the pin and more inspired by 70s style artwork.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Lol. If it looks like that it's a pass even if the software and layout is awesome.

Looking at that it's already a pass as far as I'm concerned. No $8000 tribute to has been rock stars in my house.

I just put my Toys in the Attic CD back in cold storage where it will probably stay for the next 20 years.

#347 7 years ago

Art could be decent if done right….

f3f9458f025486f8dbdf6073f6781f6a_(resized).jpgf3f9458f025486f8dbdf6073f6781f6a_(resized).jpg

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looking at that it's already a pass as far as I'm concerned. No $8000 tribute to has been rock stars in my house.

$8k LE is out of the question for me but a $5k Pro with color LCD could be tempting if done right. The game could end up being a sequel to Metallica. Wouldn't be surprised if it feautured a return of Sparky.

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

$8k LE is out of the question for me but a $5k Pro with color LCD could be tempting if done right.

I'll make you a copy of Get Your Wings for $5. Pretty tempting eh?

#350 7 years ago

Give me a Roger Creager, Pat Green and Robert Earl Keen combo and I'll take 3 pins, one for each location.

I don't expect you head bangers to get it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.