You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 84.
#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Pro has reduced scoring potential due to the missing upper playfield that triggers the double scoring that I'm pretty sure isn't implemented another way on the Pro.

Yeh, that is a big omission from the Pro. I can't imagine Stern ignoring that and would expect that shows up in future code updates - just a different trigger. (Maybe a certain amount of right ramp shots, or a few VIP targets then activated by right ramp).

#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, that is a big omission from the Pro. I can't imagine Stern ignoring that and would expect that shows up in future code updates - just a different trigger. (Maybe a certain amount of right ramp shots, or a few VIP targets then activated by right ramp).

I dunno. Given that Aerosmith is pretty complete as-is, I'm not looking for many updates, and I doubt they would add something like that to the Pro. Besides there really is no analog to Elevator multiball where you have a ball up in the mini-playfield you're trying to keep there while you keep the others alive down below. I don't think they could make that work in an equivalent was for scoring on a Pro, which is probably why it's not there and likely never will be.

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That may be an opinion, but it's not a fact. The Pro has reduced scoring potential due to the missing upper playfield that triggers the double scoring that I'm pretty sure isn't implemented another way on the Pro. So it IS missing that.

Big F'ing deal, so the Premium gets double scoring so what? I'm not going to argue Pro vs Premium. I was simply trying to help the guy in his decision to buy an AS and letting him know that the Pro is a killer game as well as the Premium model is also. I honestly don't see the point of your post unless it's to just try and start another argument with someone which seems to be what you do best on here. If you are going to butt in on a post, at least say something intelligent.

#3404 6 years ago

Both are great games. Premium/le owners are going to say it is the one. Pro owners are going to say they got the best value and a game that's just as good. Neither are wrong.

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah after letting my Acdc go and getting the surprise out of nowhere pin AS after playing it at TPF, I think I would like to get MET, get a ACDC back and would consider trading out my AS Pro for an AS Prem or LE???!!
Damn! It is getting complicated.

Bought the you realized ac/dc shouldn't have left

#3406 6 years ago

After 5 months, how is everyone liking the game?

#3407 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

After 5 months, how is everyone liking the game?

I love mine. Aerosmith is a keeper for sure.

#3408 6 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

The ball gets stuck in the middle. Then the machine stops and goes to ball search mode. The only way to get it out is to take the glass off and lift the play field.

I had this issue too. Ball from upper playfield going down elevator shaft for the lock doesnt ever get to the lock. I used a magnet rod and found it eventually. A second ball however wouldnt spring that ball loose, they both got stuck.

#3409 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

id take the mini PF off and se what could be causing the ball to get hung up. Removing the Mini PF is actually quite easy its just 3 connectors under the play field and about 5 screws that hold the mini PF in place. I had to do this to install a plastic to keep the ball from getting wedged into the upper flipper mech on hard shots to the lock.

I was wondering if anyone else was having the problem with the ball getting stuck in the lock. It's happening far too often. It goes in there and vanishes. Only way to get it out is to lift up the pf vertical. Can you elaborate on the plastic piece you put in?

#3410 6 years ago

That is one nice thing about the Pro - there's less stuff to go wrong. Probably the best choice for a location. I've come to love the upper playfield on my GOTLE, but it was a pain getting it to work 100%. It's the hidden "premium tax".

#3411 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I was wondering if anyone else was having the problem with the ball getting stuck in the lock. It's happening far too often. It goes in there and vanishes. Only way to get it out is to lift up the pf vertical. Can you elaborate on the plastic piece you put in?

Here is what I did to my machine. The ball would catch air from the ridge in the Playfield and the one way gate and would get wedged in tight where the flipper coil assembly is. Hasn't happened since I added the plastic piece.

IMG_1892 (resized).JPGIMG_1892 (resized).JPG

IMG_1893 (resized).JPGIMG_1893 (resized).JPG

#3412 6 years ago

I really like AS as a game and the LCD is awesome..... but I actually prefer KISS and think it shoots smoother as right ramp is a bit easier.

If I had room I would have both despite obvious similarities.

#3413 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I really like AS as a game and the LCD is awesome..... but I actually prefer KISS and think it shoots smoother as right ramp is a bit easier.

I think the right ramp is exactly the same. The big improvement for me over KISS is the code is better, the toys are better, and the scoop is much improved. I enjoyed my Kiss while I had it, but nothing about it is better the AS in my opinion other then the cool foil decals on the LE.

#3414 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have both and feel Kiss is a smoother playing machine, however the right ramp is just the opposite on mine. its much easier on my AS. While the layout is similar on the machines the game play is very different. I'd compare AS more to ST with touches of Metallica and Tron. Scoring is a lot more balanced on Kiss and the Playfiled multipliers are blast to earn/play.

#3415 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I have both and feel Kiss is a smoother playing machine, however the right ramp is just the opposite on mine. its much easier on my AS. While the layout is similar on the machines the game play is very different. I'd compare AS more to ST with touches of Metallica and Tron. Scoring is a lot more balanced on Kiss and the Playfiled multipliers are blast to earn/play.

Left ramp is much easier to hit on Kiss cause of the ball guide that help make the shot where as Aerosmith has post rubbers on each entrance.

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Big F'ing deal, so the Premium gets double scoring so what? I'm not going to argue Pro vs Premium. I was simply trying to help the guy in his decision to buy an AS and letting him know that the Pro is a killer game as well as the Premium model is also. I honestly don't see the point of your post unless it's to just try and start another argument with someone which seems to be what you do best on here. If you are going to butt in on a post, at least say something intelligent.

You said "The Pro is outstanding though and not lacking anything IMO."

It IS lacking scoring features that the Premium has. I was just pointing out that your statement was misleading for someone considering both models. The Pro IS missing important things the Premium has that affect scoring.

That's all.

#3417 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That is one nice thing about the Pro - there's less stuff to go wrong. Probably the best choice for a location. I've come to love the upper playfield on my GOTLE, but it was a pain getting it to work 100%. It's the hidden "premium tax".

Zero problems with the Premium AS I maintain on location. No problems with any of the Stern Premiums on location except Metallica.

AS Premium is a dog for earnings so far on location, though. XMEN LE out earns it consistently.

#3418 6 years ago

What about the Smart button , i feel it does not do much it's already there so Stern needs to make it worth it, right ?

I keep watching video that you guys make , Thanks. I like what i see but not sold on the codes yet, anyone writing
some rule sheet ?

#3419 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

What about the Smart button , i feel it does not do much it's already there so Stern needs to make it worth it, right ?
I keep watching video that you guys make , Thanks. I like what i see but not sold on the codes yet, anyone writing
some rule sheet ?

All the button currently does is launch the ball, abort multiball, and launch smart missiles. Unfortunately, getting a smart missile is a random award and so rare I've only seen it 2 or 3 times. So, yeah, the button is definitely under-utilized.

#3420 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

some rule sheet ?

I have not even seen a smart missile yet so I have no idea what they even are. I can't tell you this though, the game is great fun and the code is pretty damn solid.

#3421 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Pro has reduced scoring potential due to the missing upper playfield that triggers the double scoring that I'm pretty sure isn't implemented another way on the Pro. So it IS missing that.

FYI: The Pro actually DOES have "2X Playfield Scoring" in the code.

I was able to get it as a mystery award from the scoop.

#3422 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Hardly the same thing since you can start 2x scoring multiple times on the premium/LE and when you decide you want too, not by some random occurrence from the mystery scoop.

#3423 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

But that's different than "Double Scoring." I've gotten random 2X scoring on the scoop, but that's worded differently than double scoring from the upper playfield. It may even be stackable on the Prem/LE. And that aside, even if they were the same (which they aren't) a random award isn't the same as a skill award you can do on demand. So, yeah, there's still a handicap to scoring on the Pro.

#3424 6 years ago

Doesn't spelling Aerosmith on the pro start 2x scoring?

#3425 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Doesn't spelling Aerosmith on the pro start 2x scoring?

No it lights the "x" multiplier shots and lights the mystery scoop.

#3426 6 years ago

2x scoring on the upper playfield adds some strategy and higher scores on the premium, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

When I play against someone or my own high score, it's on the same machine, so as long s the rules are the same it's fine. Why would I compare pro scores to prem scores anyway?

#3427 6 years ago

You can get 2x and 3x scoring on the Pro during multiball by locking balls back in the toybox. I believe it ends though when multiball ends. Pick mine up next week, can't wait!!!

#3428 6 years ago

How do you start 2x scoring the premium?

#3429 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

How do you start 2x scoring the premium?

Pretty sure 2x scoring is the same on all. It's double scoring which is only on the Pre/LE that you start by lighting all the targets on the mini-pf then hitting the upper orbit.

#3430 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure 2x scoring is the same on all. It's double scoring which is only on the Pre/LE that you start by lighting all the targets on the mini-pf then hitting the upper orbit.

What's the difference between 2x and double?

#3431 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

#3432 6 years ago

Just had a good game were I got just below 600 mil and made it to medley. That is a really cool wizard mode. My only complaint right now is that they need to make the progress on sweet emotion saved. It's way too hard compared to the other songs. I had a huge walk this way score were I got 2x going and made 5 straight alternating ramp shots shot 4 was 20+ mil and shot five was almost 40 mil. Had everything completed except elevator mb and sweet emotion. By far the furthest I've made it in the game.

Great game that just needs a few minor polishes. I would also like to see song high scores recorded. Man does it have a tough lay out. The orbits and right ramp are some tough shots.

#3433 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just had a good game were I got just below 600 mil and made it to medley. That is a really cool wizard mode. My only complaint right now is that they need to make the progress on sweet emotion saved. It's way too hard compared to the other songs. I had a huge walk this way score were I got 2x going and made 5 straight alternating ramp shots shot 4 was 20+ mil and shot five was almost 40 mil. Had everything completed except elevator mb and sweet emotion. By far the furthest I've made it in the game.
Great game that just needs a few minor polishes. I would also like to see song high scores recorded. Man does it have a tough lay out. The orbits and right ramp are some tough shots.

Aerosmith is great fun for sure. The shots are hard but once you get the feel of them you can make them pretty easily seems like and they are smooth as butter.......if your aim is on that is. The game is addictive and makes you want to keep playing. I almost had the first wizard mode last night, I was one song away.

#3434 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

My only complaint right now is that they need to make the progress on sweet emotion saved.

Ive thought about that, but i think one of those songs needs to be hard - I see Sweet Emotion as kind of a mini wizard mode. I like the way all the songs difficulty varies from easy to hard.

Personally I think a couple of songs are too easy (is it Rats that only needs one hit and a final shot to complete?)

I also like that Sweet Emotion is probably the best track and because its hard I dont play it all the time, meaning I dont get sick of it.

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

You can't stack 2x and 2x. You can stack 2x and double.

#3436 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ive thought about that, but i think one of those songs needs to be hard - I see Sweet Emotion as kind of a mini wizard mode. I like the way all the songs difficulty varies from easy to hard.
Personally I think a couple of songs are too easy (is it Rats that only needs one hit and a final shot to complete?)
I also like that Sweet Emotion is probably the best track and because its hard I dont play it all the time, meaning I dont get sick of it.

All they need to do is have progress carry over. I don't think all of the songs should be equal in difficulty. But most players are going to beat sweet emotion about 1 out of 100+ tries which means it's really unbalanced. Requiring that many shots on a timed mode is not reasonable.

#3437 6 years ago

How do you make the flipper button feel "stronger"?
I have an AS Premium & the left flipper button feels very sensitive, hardly any resistance when pressed

#3438 6 years ago

Anyone with a serial number off a recent Aerosmith pro? I'm getting one just want to see the difference in the serial numbers when it gets here.

#3439 6 years ago

Concerning Sweet Emotion, I thought I read somewhere if you hit something maybe the scoop you get more time to complete the mode.

Anyway I was one who said no interest due to theme and probably will eat my words, due to gameplay. Also, no doubt the game/art is amazing.

#3440 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Concerning Sweet Emotion, I thought I read somewhere if you hit something maybe the scoop you get more time to complete the mode.
Anyway I was one who said no interest due to theme and probably will eat my words, due to gameplay.

Crank it Up gives you more time on all the songs if you hit the scoop when lit. Mystery awards also give more time at the scoop if they come up.

#3441 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Anyway I was one who said no interest due to theme and probably will eat my words, due to gameplay.

Yes, you can add more time but it still is a crazy number of shots to complete with both orbits and the right ramp being hard to hit consistently for most players. Good players are going to consistently find it is a road block to the final wizard mode. The only time I have completed it was when it was combing with my best toy box multiball and even then I was lucky to hit the last shot with 2 seconds remaining.

I'm not an Aerosmith fan and thought the theme sucked when announced. I like good pinball though and this is good pinball.

#3442 6 years ago

That is the trick on sweet emotion you want to stack it with a multiball to help you complete it, I have no issue with the way it is now and regularly complete it that way. I have my game set up on no ball saves, no extra ball, and setup as tough as it can get and can still hit medley multiball on a really good game. Hitting final tour thou is almost impossible on these kind of settings, but it is the super wizard mode it should be really tough to get to. Why don't you just add extra balls for replay or play 5 ball if you goal is to hit the super wizard mode all the time. There may also be extra settings within the game setting to make things a little easier as well, like adding timer time, etc...

Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, you can add more time but it still is a crazy number of shots to complete with both orbits and the right ramp being hard to hit consistently for most players. Good players are going to consistently find it is a road block to the final wizard mode. The only time I have completed it was when it was combing with my best toy box multiball and even then I was lucky to hit the last shot with 2 seconds remaining.
I'm not an Aerosmith fan and thought the theme sucked when announced. I like good pinball though and this is good pinball.

#3443 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

That is the trick on sweet emotion you want to stack it with a multiball to help you complete it, I have no issue with the way it is now and regularly complete it that way. I have my game set up on no ball saves, no extra ball, and setup as tough as it can get and can still hit medley multiball on a really good game. Hitting final tour thou is almost impossible on these kind of settings, but it is the super wizard mode it should be really tough to get to. Why don't you just add extra balls for replay or play 5 ball if you goal is to hit the super wizard mode all the time. There may also be extra settings within the game setting to make things a little easier as well, like adding timer time, etc...

It's not really my goal to always get there, I'd definitely like to see it at some point but I have plenty of games like AC/DC were that is not a possibility for me. I'm mainly going for score, not really mode completion. I just see it as pretty unbalanced compared to the other modes. I'm fine with it being harder, it just doesn't make sense to have the hardest non multi ball mode that requires that many shots not have progress carry over when others do.

#3444 6 years ago

For ACDC in the settings you can try to lower it to 6 song completions it actually makes the game a little more fun, used to own one... Your right encore is super tough...

Quoted from jgentry:

It's not really my goal to always get there, I'd definitely like to see it at some point but I have plenty of games like AC/DC were that is not a possibility for me. I'm mainly going for score, not really mode completion. I just see it as pretty unbalanced compared to the other modes. I'm fine with it being harder, it just doesn't make sense to have the hardest non multi ball mode that requires that many shots not have progress carry over when others do.

#3445 6 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

Well my good friend we have a problem. My last post did not seem to go through. The ball is getting jammed on the elevator going down from the upper play field on my premium. I was on the phone today with tech support and I was the 4 th call. They are going to meet with Borg to figure out the problem next week thankfully. It's playable but I can't hit a ball down the elevator shaft or it jams the game. Here's to hoping for a quick solution.

I had this happen early on when I got my LE. The ball seemed to be getting hung up in the plastic guide under the mini playfield. It would happen in multiballs usually. I haven't seen it since so I'm guessing it's a minor clearance issue.

Let us know what they actually find out.

#3446 6 years ago

Any news of Stern adding "Dream on" in there somewhere?

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Any news of Stern adding "Dream on" in there somewhere?

Dream on should be the Sweet Emotion mode, as in never gonna get it

Really getting into scoring strategies now. Working on X multipliers. What a blast to play

#3448 6 years ago

What do you guys think? Red with white or purplish blue ? This mod / lighting upgrade works with sterns side armor.
Www.hookedonpinball.com will be shown at #sfge 2017 and whichever is more popular will be offered in july.

Photo_20170605_213245 (resized).jpgPhoto_20170605_213245 (resized).jpg

Photo_20170605_213147 (resized).jpgPhoto_20170605_213147 (resized).jpg

#3449 6 years ago

Dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but there's actually a grace period on the song timer when it runs out. If you hit the scoop when the cowbell clangs, you're usually SOL, no CiU.

However, IF you have mystery lit, you CAN get extra time even after the timer is out, and then it immediately awards you CiU, too! So the mystery award bridges a grace period into the song timer that is not there for regular CiU.

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

What do you guys think? Red with white or purplish blue ? This mod / lighting upgrade works with sterns side armor.
http://Www.hookedonpinball.com will be shown at #sfge 2017 and whichever is more popular will be offered in july.

combine both to make red/white/almost blue. I'd go with the red/white - the red feather tips are sharp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/69?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.