You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 84.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Premium, for sure. Upper playfield aside, you get the actual playfield slide brackets (instead of those crappy support rods Stern is trying to sell as "traditional") and more RGB inserts on the playfield for better light show. I also kind of like the purple cab better than the blue one on the pro.

You mean the $50 brackets that aren't too hard to install?

That aside; I say premium for the RGB, added drop target and rules for qualifying elevator mb, + double/triple scoring rules. But still, hard to justify $6900 vs other $~6900 pins. $5200 is a great value for this pro.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You mean the $50 brackets that aren't too hard to install?
That aside; I say premium for the RGB, added drop target and rules for qualifying elevator mb, + double/triple scoring rules. But still, hard to justify $6900 vs other $~6900 pins. $5200 is a great value for this pro.

I didn't say JUST the brackets. It's the combination of items the Premium has over the Pro that makes it worth recommending.

#3353 3 years ago

Have any of you guys ever turned your AS on and the game didn't boot up? I've had this happen two times now. All I have to do is turn the machine off and back on and it boots up and is ready to play but I'm just curious why this might be happening? None of my other games do this. When this has happened, the game was in the process of booting up but it just gets stuck or something while in the process and won't boot up all the way.

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have any of you guys ever turned your AS on and the game didn't boot up? I've had this happen two times now. All I have to do is turn the machine off and back on and it boots up and is ready to play but I'm just curious why this might be happening? None of my other games do this. When this has happened, the game was in the process of booting up but it just gets stuck or something while in the process and won't boot up all the way.

Happened to me once on B'66 and once on AS. Assuming it's a timing issue that will be addressed with a firmware update.

#3355 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Happened to me once on B'66 and once on AS. Assuming it's a timing issue that will be addressed with a firmware update.

Thanks, hopefully thats all it is. I know iceman had a node board burn up on start up I think. Hopefully its nothing like that going bad.

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks, hopefully thats all it is. I know iceman had a node board burn up on start up I think. Hopefully its nothing like that going bad.

Shoot an email to Chas or Patrick, or your distributor. They may be able to give you feedback on if it's a faulty node board or whether the firmware is the cause.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that the premiums have been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the pro vs premium debate?
Struggling with deciding!

I bought the Pro b4 playing either version because I thought the upper playfield looked lame. I just played the Premium at Pinagogo and sure enough the upper playfield was lame. And I'm a fan of upper playfields. I wouldn't kick the Premium out of bed, but I'm convinced I chose wisely with the Pro on this one.

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Happened on Ghostbusters today for the first time, too. I'm 99.99% sure it's just a timing issue specific to the new Spike/Spike2 hardware. Likely correctable in firmware.

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Happened on Ghostbusters today for the first time, too. I'm 99.99% sure it's just a timing issue specific to the new Spike/Spike2 hardware. Likely correctable in firmware.

I hope so. My GB or my GOT has never done this though. Probably not a big deal but concerning a little.

#3360 3 years ago

IMG_1631 (resized).PNG

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would open a repair ticket with Stern.

#3362 3 years ago

Well with AS, ACDC rerun and SW this could be one great year for Stern and pinball players.

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that the premiums have been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the pro vs premium debate?
Struggling with deciding!

Like all Pro/Premium debates youre going to get 1\2 vehemently debating Pro is better (because thats likely what they own) and 1\2 vehemently debating Pre is better (because thats likely what they own).

Personally I see the upper PF as the extra interactive toy thats missing on the Pro. I have no idea what people expect out of any upper/lower Pf's on any game, because ive never heard anything positive about any of them. But this one is as good as any of them. And it enables playfield multipliers.

Whether that + drop target + colour changing inserts are worth the difference in price is completely subjective.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Like all Pro/Premium debates youre going to get 1\2 vehemently debating Pro is better (because thats likely what they own) and 1\2 vehemently debating Pre is better (because thats likely what they own).
Personally I see the upper PF as the extra interactive toy thats missing on the Pro. I have no idea what people expect out of any upper/lower Pf's on any game, because ive never heard anything positive about any of them. But this one is as good as any of them. And it enables playfield multipliers.
Whether that + drop target + colour changing inserts are worth the difference in price is completely subjective.

I have a LE at home & a Pro on location. The pro is a very fun game but the Elevator shot & mini PF on the Pre/LE really add quite a bit to the gameplay. If money isn't a huge concern for someone on the fence i'd go Premium/LE. If you are on a bit of a budget grab the Pro and enjoy it.

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I have a LE at home & a Pro on location. The pro is a very fun game but the Elevator shot & mini PF on the Pre/LE really add quite a bit to the gameplay. If money isn't a huge concern for someone on the fence i'd go Premium/LE. If you are on a bit of a budget grab the Pro and enjoy it.

What does the elevator shot do on the prem/LE? It's kind of lame on the pro where it just shoots it back at you.

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What does the elevator shot do on the prem/LE? It's kind of lame on the pro where it just shoots it back at you.

It takes the ball to the upper PF. Like an actual elevator i guess.

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is a drop target that protects the shot. Hitting it will advance towards the Elevator locks so you don't have to shoot the loops (after the 1st elevator MB it takes more hits & then eventually makes you shoot the loops too light future locks). When the lock it lit or the drop target is down the elevator shot feeds the mini PF where you can start 2x & eventually 3x scoring when its coded in. You can also lock balls by shooting the elevator shot if Lock is Lit. The lock shot is a much better feeling shot on the Pre/LE then the pro also.

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I bought the Pro b4 playing either version because I thought the upper playfield looked lame. I just played the Premium at Pinagogo and sure enough the upper playfield was lame. And I'm a fan of upper playfields. I wouldn't kick the Premium out of bed, but I'm convinced I chose wisely with the Pro on this one.

Of course both pins are fun, but premium is worth the extra $. Right ramp shot is so sweet, not so much on pro. Upper playfield shot to opening allows you to lock another ball in toy box if lit. Upper playfield is fun, and completes game. I usually go for pros at home or route, not this time. LCD is welcome change, and well done on this pin.

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My premium locked up at PAGG Saturday night. Screen stuck on "ball save" image. No ball in shooter etc. Walked up to it in this state around 11:40pm. It didn't boot once at home, cycled switch and it booted. Need to call Stern early in the AM.....im assuming its software.

#3370 3 years ago

What are the serial numbers on the newest pros coming from stern?

#3371 3 years ago

Completed Toy Box Multiball for the first time this morning. Hit the Super Jackpot to finish it which I'm pretty sure was the Lock shot, which I happened to have 2X multiplyer on and I think I had 2x PF multi going as well. That one shot was 160ML !!!!! Almost half my total score. What a blast.

Shame I could only get 3 other songs finished. Its going to take one hell of a game to finish this game with both multiballs and all songs complete.

IMG_8040 (resized).JPG

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I agree with a portion of what you've said, but the upper pf on family Guy is fantastic.

Wpt has a purpose and works well.

Got pre/le works (but I think it's too big)

Others out there with one flipper are usually not as awesome as people expect.

Tspp is boring, but has a purpose and works better because the ball drain crosses the whole playfield (top left to bottom right flipper)

#3373 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I think the pro is a great value game and it definitely plays good. But you loose a lot of strategy with the pro. At first look and play I also thought the upper playfield was extremely lame. After understanding it and playing it more I would never be able to go back to a pro. You have the drop target which gives you and extra shot for lighting elevator locks. You have a unique and not overly easy way of starting 2x. You have a chance to lock a ball or complete a mode shot if the lock shot is lit during the mode. You can also save your 2x once lit by just not shooting the loop until it times up best with a mode or multiball. Often times I'll intentionally not shoot the loop so that I can change to a better song or start a multiball. Then I go back and shoot the ramp to start 2x. I also really like how the ramp shot does not feed the upper playfield. You also get some really interesting and hard play on the multiballs as you try to play 2 different playfields at once. No way the PRO elevator multiball can compete with it.

The upper playfield is surprisingly well implemented in this game. Much more so then on GOT which has it as the main feature.

#3375 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just finished a lighting upgrade...would not call LEDs a mod really.
Check it out...will be on my site in a few weeks when they get assembled.
Shooting for a price point under $50 bucks and they will work with all color changing pops on other machines too.
ยป YouTube video

This is excellent - me want.

#3376 3 years ago

Dang where is the love for AS Pro?? At one time everybody was saying the Pro was the way to go and now nobody seems to be saying that, WTF? You guys are making it sound like the Pro is a Dog and it's giving me a complex bad!

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang where is the love for AS Pro?? At one time everybody was saying the Pro was the way to go and now nobody seems to be saying that, WTF? You guys are making it sound like the Pro is a Dog and it's giving me a complex bad!

The pro is not a bad dog. It is a less expensive, great looking dog that does one less trick.

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not a dog at all, really good value game in my opinion. I just like the added features of the premium model and wouldn't personally want to not have them. Other then Met I'm not sure $5200 will get you a better NIB pinball machine.

I think the upper playfield on the premium initially was looked at as pretty silly and not needed. I thought that when I saw it. After playing it more it's a vital part of the game and really gives the elevator shot and elevator multiball a lot of life. It also adds a more code and strategy making the game not quite as straight forward in approach for scoring.

#3379 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not a dog at all, really good value game in my opinion. I just like the added features of the premium model and wouldn't personally want to not have them. Other then Met I'm not sure $5200 will get you a better NIB pinball machine.
I think the upper playfield on the premium initially was looked at as pretty silly and not needed. I thought that when I saw it. After playing it more it's a vital part of the game and really gives the elevator shot and elevator multiball a lot of life. It also adds a more code and strategy making the game not quite as straight forward in approach for scoring.

Id like to play a premium someday and see the difference for myself. I really love my Pro and I am extremely happy with it so far. It is bolted to the floor and not going anywhere.

#3380 2 years ago

Has the game depth kept everyone's interest still now that it's been out a while, or has it become at all stale? Just curious as I was waiting for star wars, but I keep thinking of AS.

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Has the game depth kept everyone's interest still now that it's been out a while, or has it become at all stale? Just curious as I was waiting for star wars, but I keep thinking of AS.

Not stale. Still exciting and frustrating each and every time. Got my machine 4/22, has over 800 plays on it. It's part of a 7 game collection for what it's worth.

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not stale. Still exciting and frustrating each and every time. Got my machine 4/22, has over 800 plays on it. It's part of a 7 game collection for what it's worth.

The Promium is legendary.

#3383 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Good to hear. I really want both, but can only do one. AS looks fantastic, but I was worried about the depth and lastability. Such a beautiful machine all models.

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good to hear. I really want both, but can only do one. AS looks fantastic, but I was worried about the depth and lastability. Such a beautiful machine all models.

It's got long term staying power no doubt. I absolutely love it.

BUT, it's no TWD. Not the same depth but it's still pretty damn good. Hopefully Lonnie will give us another update with a mini wizard.

It's my second favorite pin behind TWD although I'll put GB in there too as 2b.

#3385 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The Promium is legendary.

Well my good friend we have a problem. My last post did not seem to go through. The ball is getting jammed on the elevator going down from the upper play field on my premium. I was on the phone today with tech support and I was the 4 th call. They are going to meet with Borg to figure out the problem next week thankfully. It's playable but I can't hit a ball down the elevator shaft or it jams the game. Here's to hoping for a quick solution.

#3386 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's got long term staying power no doubt. I absolutely love it.
BUT, it's no TWD. Not the same depth but it's still pretty damn good. Hopefully Lonnie will give us another update with a mini wizard.
It's my second favorite pin behind TWD although I'll put GB in there too as 2b.

I have both machines. Dare I say I still am obsessed with my ghostbusters?!!!!

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

Well my good friend we have a problem. My last post did not seem to go through. The ball is getting jammed on the elevator going down from the upper play field on my premium. I was on the phone today with tech support and I was the 4 th call. They are going to meet with Borg to figure out the problem next week thankfully. It's playable but I can't hit a ball down the elevator shaft or it jams the game. Here's to hoping for a quick solution.

Oh man that stinks. When it falls down the shaft, there's just dead space? No vuk?

#3388 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Oh man that stinks. When it falls down the shaft, there's just dead space? No vuk?

The ball gets stuck in the middle. Then the machine stops and goes to ball search mode. The only way to get it out is to take the glass off and lift the play field.

#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajax:

id take the mini PF off and se what could be causing the ball to get hung up. Removing the Mini PF is actually quite easy its just 3 connectors under the play field and about 5 screws that hold the mini PF in place. I had to do this to install a plastic to keep the ball from getting wedged into the upper flipper mech on hard shots to the lock.

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

id take the mini PF off and se what could be causing the ball to get hung up. Removing the Mini PF is actually quite easy its just 3 connectors under the play field and about 5 screws that hold the mini PF in place. I had to do this to install a plastic to keep the ball from getting wedged into the upper flipper mech on hard shots to the lock.

I'm guessing it's the wires that connect to the upper pf are in the wrong spot and obstructing the ball. Similar thing happened to a friend - should be an easy fix.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Sold Acdc and got AS and no regrets. May get MET down down the line soon. Been leaning more Borg lately over Ritchie.

If you add AS to your ACDC and MET that is one heck of a line up. So do it!

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you add AS to your ACDC and MET that is one heck of a line up. So do it!

I am thinking about adding AS to my lineup. I played the game at Allentown and it was what I thought the best new game. I just cant decide on Premium or Pro.

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am thinking about adding AS to my lineup. I played the game at Allentown and it was what I thought the best new game. I just cant decide on Premium or Pro.

Premium, easily for this machine. The potential scoring bump alone is worth it.

#3394 2 years ago

Yeah after letting my Acdc go and getting the surprise out of nowhere pin AS after playing it at TPF, I think I would like to get MET, get a ACDC back and would consider trading out my AS Pro for an AS Prem or LE???!!

Damn! It is getting complicated.

#3395 2 years ago

Yeah after letting my Acdc go and getting the surprise out of nowhere pin AS after playing it at TPF, I think I would like to get MET, get a ACDC back and would consider trading out my AS Pro for an AS Prem or LE???!!
Damn! It is getting complicated.

Great problems to have. Loving my Aerosmith. Not getting much better at making shots though!

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Great problems to have. Loving my Aerosmith. Not getting much better at making shots though!

My life is hard. I was planning on volunteering to pick up Dirty Donnie at the airport Thursday and bring him to SFGE, but my wife just told me she is out of town and I need to stay home with the kids that night.

I still plan on partying with him though.

#3397 2 years ago

My life is hard. I was planning on volunteering to pick up Dirty Donnie at the airport Thursday and bring him to SFGE, but my wife just told me she is out of town and I need to stay home with the kids that night.

Dude, I sure hope your wife isn't planning on going out that night to pick up Dirty Donnie at the airport and take him to SFGE!

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Dude, I sure hope your wife isn't planning on going out that night to pick up Dirty Donnie at the airport and take him to SFGE!

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

They are both obviously outstanding games. If money is a factor I can tell you to definitely do not be afraid of the Pro model because its a great great game. I just got done playing my Pro and im absolutely in love with it and enjoy it tremendously. If money isnt a factor id probably go for the Premium I guess. The Pro is outstanding though and not lacking anything IMO.

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Pro is outstanding though and not lacking anything IMO.

That may be an opinion, but it's not a fact. The Pro has reduced scoring potential due to the missing upper playfield that triggers the double scoring that I'm pretty sure isn't implemented another way on the Pro. So it IS missing that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside