You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 84.
#3301 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The animations in that song are cool. For some reason the love in a elevator multiball animation never gets old to me. I get a kick out of it every time I see Steven Tyler inside the elevator when the doors open. Have you got to the first mini wizard mode yet? I'm still trying to get that.

Not yet, I'm just having fun with it right now. I haven't gotten into hard core beat it mode yet like i did with TWD.

In exploring all the little details mode right now.

Quoted from cooked71:

I'm thinking those Dudes are Stern staff.

Yeah that's a scary thought!

#3302 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm thinking those Dudes are Stern staff.

That's possible lol. They should have put Gary in a dress!

#3303 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've only played 6 or 7 different copies. Not one of them was tweaked enough to make it play good. I'll agree that theoretically it is possible to fix all the issues, but I've never seen anyone accomplish it. I've relegated it to a "secondary" level game. Games that require so much work to get to play OK just don't cut it with me. If even one of those had been good, I might have a different opinion.

yep, i know, i've read lots of bad things before decide myself to buy that pin, also getting than all infos i will need to fix (tanx pinside)

well, as i got 2 left hands (dont know if this expression exist in english !? it means that i'm really bad in for that thing), it was more than easy with mine...

the few guys playing my pin were stuned how it is easy to climb/pass that BW ramp (this should be the biggest prob, as its simply implayable, talking about code & game advance, if you can't do that ramp)

ok, back to AS

#3304 6 years ago

Is there an option to reduce the ball trough eject power?
I see you can reduce the scoops, and toy box etc, but didn't see one for the ball trough.
Thx.

#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is there an option to reduce the ball trough eject power?
I see you can reduce the scoops, and toy box etc, but didn't see one for the ball trough.
Thx.

Im not sure on AS. Ive never looked for it because mine ejects pretty softly already. There is one on Ghostbusters though and its a good thing because it ejects way too hard with the factory settings.

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

110% my friend.
Though I haven't moved the outlane posts... yet.

I have. Do it. Makes the game more enjoyable.

Edit: Kiss had the same problem. Waited months before I closed those. Should have done it earlier.

#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

110% my friend.
Though I haven't moved the outlane posts... yet.

HA!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!

#3308 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That 2x loop shot is frustrating and fun!

I actually thought it was from my machine not being leveled correctly! I'm glad to be on Pinside to get feedback and realize all of the things I'm clueless about in this world of pinball.

#3309 6 years ago

Jacky's nerdy announcement for Elevator Multiball = hilarious!

I think there is an adjustment for the trough eject power. Thought I saw it?

#3310 6 years ago

Feature adjustment 28 in the Aerosmith options...
Dead Shot Rule difficulty

Anyone?

#3311 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Feature adjustment 28 in the Aerosmith options...
Dead Shot Rule difficulty
Anyone?

Could that be the unlit jackypot shots?

#3312 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Could that be the unlit jackypot shots?

Excellent point. In guess that would make sense.
It would be great to have full rules explained to see the differences in various option settings.
In time, I expect.

#3313 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Excellent point. In guess that would make sense.
It would be great to have full rules explained to see the differences in various option settings.
In time, I expect.

Rule 1: don't drain
Rule 2: aim for blinky lights
Rule 3: underpants

#3314 6 years ago

Just talked with somebody today who is looking for his first NIB. He has it down to AS or MET. Met is just great and proven and AS is the fresh title with the LCD and the toy box. I dont want to start a back and forth bash fest, but I think it is a toss up between the two with no losers. Now that I have AS I would like MET right next to it in my house, so yeah!

I said he can come to my house to play my AS one more time and can see if one of my MET buddies can let him try at their house, so he can decide. It is like a date with two awesome girls with big.......personalities to decide on one. How awesome is that!

#3315 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Wrestlemania....Avengers....cough cough

Love my hulk avengers. Enjoy everything about it. You should get that cough checked out.

#3316 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

What's Sterns code name for Aerosmith?

Per some of the stickers on the wire harnesses.... "Toy"

#3317 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Just talked with somebody today who is looking for his first NIB. He has it down to AS or MET. Met is just great and proven and AS is the fresh title with the LCD and the toy box. I dont want to start a back and forth bash fest, but I think it is a toss up between the two with no losers. Now that I have AS I would like MET right next to it in my house, so yeah!
I said he can come to my house to play my AS one more time and can see if one of my MET buddies can let him try at their house, so he can decide. It is like a date with two awesome girls with big.......personalities to decide on one. How awesome is that!

I would say go with the one that he likes the music the most. They are both great games and he'd probably be thrilled with either one. I have played MET a few times but for some reason I just am not seeing its greatness. Personally. Its probably a combination of me not knowing the rules and not being a fan of the band. I'm sure its a good game though because too many people love it for it not to be.

#3318 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would say go with the one that he likes the music the most. They are both great games and he'd probably be thrilled with either one. I have played MET a few times but for some reason I just am not seeing its greatness. Personally. Its probably a combination of me not knowing the rules and not being a fan of the band. I'm sure its a good game though because too many people love it for it not to be.

I'm in the minority on Met too. All things being equal I'd take the AS with the LCD. I love it, a game changer for me.

#3319 6 years ago

Just ordered my AS Pro today from awesome distributor Cointaker just 80 miles from me, and it will be delivered on Sunday. Really looking forward to it, after playing the game (an LE) at PAPA and reading this thread. And the manual says that the Pro weighs just 210 pounds--finally a machine that weighs less than I do!

Still have $200 in my AS budget, so I'm looking for suggestions for or against mods and protectors. Any input welcome.

#3320 6 years ago

I like MET but the music on AS is much better for pinball. It's upbeat and gets you reved up.

I do like Metallica as a band but it is too dark for pinball.

As I've said before AS is fun and the music has a lot to do tlwith it.

#3321 6 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just ordered my AS Pro today from awesome distributor Cointaker just 80 miles from me, and it will be delivered on Sunday. Really looking forward to it, after playing the game (an LE) at PAPA and reading this thread. And the manual says that the Pro weighs just 210 pounds--finally a machine that weighs less than I do!
Still have $200 in my AS budget, so I'm looking for suggestions for or against mods and protectors. Any input welcome.

Def recommend the Laseriffic plastic protectors and a shaker.

#3322 6 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Def recommend the Laseriffic plastic protectors and a shaker.

Thanks. I'm considering the Laseriffic topper--I've been very happy with Joe's toppers before--but that would eat up my whole budget. Appreciate the reply.

#3323 6 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE your new AS Pro!!!

#3324 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE your new AS Pro!!!

Thanks. It's been calling me ever since I played it. The color LCD and Jacky-in-the-box are mesmerizing.

#3325 6 years ago

Got the topper. Smaller than expected, but cool integration with the game.

#3326 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Got the topper. Smaller than expected, but cool integration with the game.

Thanks. Can someone tell me what the "remote operation" reference means in relation to the topper? Does the topper come on every time the game boots or does it have to be started separately?

#3327 6 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks. Can someone tell me what the "remote operation" reference means in relation to the topper? Does the topper come on every time the game boots or does it have to be started separately?

It starts when you turn on the game and has an animation when not in play. Not sure about remote operation.

#3328 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

It starts when you turn on the game and has an animation when not in play. Not sure about remote operation.

Cool. Thanks!

#3329 6 years ago

Remove the Star post between the pops = FREE mod!

#3330 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Remove the Star post between the pops = FREE mod!

LOL--thanks!

#3331 6 years ago

Is anyone making speaker light kits yet for the newer LCD games? I think AS looks awesome, but I don't like the large plain black speaker area.

#3332 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is anyone making speaker light kits yet for the newer LCD games? I think AS looks awesome, but I don't like the large plain black speaker area.

I believe they are in the works here... http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

Phoebe

#3333 6 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I got the Laserific plastic protectors (orange and blue ones), the air ball protector (clear one by the double stand up target) and the green ooze plastic by the toy box. All look great, especially the green ooze... it really pops. I also installed the shaker. It's pretty good at this point. Hopefully updates will utilize it more. Purchased everything from Pinball Life. Still undecided if I should get the "decal" side blades or the the metal ones. Wish the official topper was cheaper, so a no go on that.

#3334 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I got the Laserific plastic protectors (orange and blue ones), the air ball protector (clear one by the double stand up target) and the green ooze plastic by the toy box. All look great, especially the green ooze... it really pops. I also installed the shaker. It's pretty good at this point. Hopefully updates will utilize it more. Purchased everything from Pinball Life. Still undecided if I should get the "decal" side blades or the the metal ones. Wish the official topper was cheaper, so a no go on that.

Great suggestions and detail--thanks. I didn't know about the air ball protector.

#3335 6 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Great suggestions and detail--thanks. I didn't know about the air ball protector.

Ive never heard of air ball protectors either and didnt realize there was a need for one? My game doesn't have any bad air balls that im aware of?

#3336 6 years ago

Now appearing in my living room. Thanks to Cointaker for a great price and to Cointaker's Derrick and Erica for free delivery and setup. My wife and I have been rockin' this game all day. We absolutely love it.

IMG_0757 (resized).JPGIMG_0757 (resized).JPG

#3337 6 years ago

Just finished a lighting upgrade...would not call LEDs a mod really.
Check it out...will be on my site in a few weeks when they get assembled.
Shooting for a price point under $50 bucks and they will work with all color changing pops on other machines too.

#3338 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Shooting for a price point under $50 bucks and they will work with all color changing pops on other machines too.
» YouTube video

If you or another vendor can get these dialed in with custom color tables instead of the default these come with from China (that have some color combinations in the rotation list that aren't really that awesome and/or clash with various translite art), it will really be something.

#3339 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

» YouTube video

Nice

#3340 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you or another vendor can get these dialed in with custom color tables instead of the default these come with from China (that have some color combinations in the rotation list that aren't really that awesome and/or clash with various translite art), it will really be something.

Maybe I am missing something. These are color fading and match the pop bumper colors exactly so what more would you be looking for? For example in attract mode they roll through all colors ...when the game starts they are off until the pops are lit on the playfield. Colors on both back box and back of playfield repeat whats being commanded at pops.

#3341 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Maybe I am missing something. These are color fading and match the pop bumper colors exactly so what more would you be looking for? For example in attract mode they roll through all colors ...when the game starts they are off until the pops are lit on the playfield. Colors on both back box and back of playfield repeat whats being commanded at pops.

Yeah, I was talking about the rotation in attract mode. Some of the color sets don't really work with the logo.

#3342 6 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Now appearing in my living room. Thanks to Cointaker for a great price and to Cointaker's Derrick and Erica for free delivery and setup. My wife and I have been rockin' this game all day. We absolutely love it.

Congrats on your new pin, you made a great choice! Aerosmith is a sleeper and a keeper!

#3343 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats on your new pin, you made a great choice! Aerosmith is a sleeper and a keeper!

Thanks. The first time I looked at it online I thought it was too "cartoonish." Then once I played it, heard it, and saw that toybox work I was hooked. An exciting, amusing, campy pin.

#3344 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I was talking about the rotation in attract mode. Some of the color sets don't really work with the logo.

What are you talking about? Mod looks great and its coordinated

#3345 6 years ago

Now that the premiums have been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the pro vs premium debate?

Struggling with deciding!

#3346 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that the premiums have been out for a bit, what is the consensus on the pro vs premium debate?

Premium, for sure. Upper playfield aside, you get the actual playfield slide brackets (instead of those crappy support rods Stern is trying to sell as "traditional") and more RGB inserts on the playfield for better light show. I also kind of like the purple cab better than the blue one on the pro.

#3347 6 years ago

Anyone got problem with toybox coil gettin too hot??

#3348 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For me there was no debate...Premium all the way!

Phoebe

#3349 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My pro is awesome and I'm not a fan of upper playfields so I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. No regrets here at all.

#3350 6 years ago

LE version here.
I always like the little extras like added playfields.
Are they worth the money? I wouldn't say they're "good value" per say, but then either is a $9000 box of lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
$ 24.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/67?hl=ajax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.