You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 84.
#3051 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Gomez was VERY animated in the discussion of cities at his TPF chat. He went out of his way to say that the cities were only ever meant to change the callouts, and "the internet" had decided they were supposed to be something else. There's probably footage of it on YouTube, check it out.

Could easily be true.
But why not just tell everyone that once the issue got so huge?
They have known forever now that it was a big point of contention.
Why they let everyone bash them over something they can fix in two seconds is beyond me.

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I said that was what the cities were for on day one. You can hear the callouts change. "hello Deeeeetroit!!"
Some people assumed that the cities were something else.
I couldn't see how you could make the cities something else. There are like 8 songs (?) and 6 cities (?). If every song mode was changed by the city, that would be 48 different modes to complete the game. Seeing how most players can't even complete two songs on factory settings, having 48 modes to work through didn't make any sense. Plus, you'd have to have coding for 48 scenarios. Seeing as they can't finish the code for 8 scenarios, why would they set themselves up to code 48?
Gomez was VERY animated in the discussion of cities at his TPF chat. He went out of his way to say that the cities were only ever meant to change the callouts, and "the internet" had decided they were supposed to be something else. There's probably footage of it on YouTube, check it out.
So yes, I totally believe him for the reasons stated above.
rd

If you made each city enable a perk, kind of like Ghostbusters, that would work fine. You could choose your perk at the beginning of the ball.

#3053 6 years ago

Hi gang ... I put together a gameplay vid for my AeroPro. It doesn't cover everything (as I am still learning the game) but in case you're bored:

#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The issue is that people expected the cities to do something gameplay wise ... and they don't. All they do is change the callouts to "personalise" the game for the player.
Gomez confirmed at TPF this is what the cities were always meant to do. Nothing more, nothing less.
If Stern had announced that FROM DAY ONE, instead of saying "stay tuned" every 5 minutes, then you wouldn't have people freaking out. They dug their own hole, to a large extent, by lack of communication.
rd

That's a complete crock. So stern says more is coming. But once everyone knows more is not coming all of the sudden it was supposed to be like that from day one? I like Gomez, but that is nothing more then protecting the company bs.

#3055 6 years ago

Let's keep this thread on track...the animation for double super JP is hilarious

#3056 6 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I had no problem saving a custom message on my LE. However, when I tried to lower the scores needed to get on the leader board, those lower scores wouldn't take. Same with trying to lower the number of combos needed. Strange...

Mine did the same thing. I could reset the scores either. Message and scores wouldn't save, but volume and other settings saved no problem.

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's a complete crock. So stern says more is coming. But once everyone knows more is not coming all of the sudden it was supposed to be like that from day one? I like Gomez, but that is nothing more then protecting the company bs.

I don't think it is. I think the cities are how they were designed to be.

Anyway, that's for the KISS thread.

Back to KISS PART TWO errrr Aerosmith.

rd

#3058 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hi gang ... I put together a gameplay vid for my AeroPro. It doesn't cover everything (as I am still learning the game) but in case you're bored:
» YouTube video

Amazingly well done as always.
Keep these coming.

#3059 6 years ago

This proves Kiss and Aerosmith can get along nicely. The concert I saw Kiss opened.

IMG_5422 (resized).JPGIMG_5422 (resized).JPG

#3060 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I had no problem saving a custom message on my LE. However, when I tried to lower the scores needed to get on the leader board, those lower scores wouldn't take. Same with trying to lower the number of combos needed. Strange...

If you lower the scores, make sure you reset the high scores after you've lowered them and then it worked for me.

Bingo! That was the trick. Thanks SilverballNut!

#3061 6 years ago

Still getting used to the game, but I got a super jackpot the other night and on the animations it had the same type of doll as the movie 9 come out and rapid fire punch Jakey 100 times and knock him out?! Pretty funny.

#3062 6 years ago

Premium arrived today! Looking forward to getting this one set up, and start playing. Big thanks to JJ @ Game Xchange for a smooth transaction.

IMG_0388 (resized).JPGIMG_0388 (resized).JPG

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I think what I am missing is how to extend the time in the modes, they time out quickly on me.

Other already covered the time extension from Crank It Up and also from a Mystery award.
The other way you extend time that isn't obvious, is that the timer briefly pauses on a successful mode shot. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but the most glaring instance of this is on WTW. If you keep hitting the next ramp in combo without missing, the timer doesn't seem to decrease at all until you finally miss a shot. Massive scores for Ramp This Way ensue.

#3064 6 years ago

You can increase times of each mode in settings. They are set from factory for 30 seconds

#3065 6 years ago

whats a typical street price on a pro?

#3066 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can increase times of each mode in settings. They are set from factory for 30 seconds

If you set the mode times to 5 seconds, can you get to the wizard mode in 45 secs?

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you set the mode times to 5 seconds, can you get to the wizard mode in 45 secs?

There's actually some truth to that.

#3069 6 years ago

AS Prem in the house, 2 weeks old, 98 plays, and lost node 8. Got a bit flaky with flippers and lights going dead and back on for the last few games, and now no feature lights or coils (Node 8 and all the downstream 8a, 8b, etc).

Have folks had node 8 board failures still going bad frequently? I saw problems posted on GoT LE about a year ago with node 8 failing quite often, but that seemed to have died down. I have a Got LE with 500 plays and never had a problem.

Node 8 seem to get flaky after turning down the throwing coil from 220 to 210. Not sure how that would even matter - but there it is.

I will call Stern Monday, but it sucks going into a party for the weekend to have it fail Friday at 6pm.

#3070 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

AS Prem in the house, 2 weeks old, 98 plays, and lost node 8. Got a bit flaky with flippers and lights going dead and back on for the last few games, and now no feature lights or coils (Node 8 and all the downstream 8a, 8b, etc).
Have folks had node 8 board failures still going bad frequently? I saw problems posted on GoT LE about a year ago with node 8 failing quite often, but that seemed to have died down. I have a Got LE with 500 plays and never had a problem.
Node 8 seem to get flaky after turning down the throwing coil from 220 to 210. Not sure how that would even matter - but there it is.
I will call Stern Monday, but it sucks going into a party for the weekend to have it fail Friday at 6pm.

I have a premium with 600 plays. No issues.

#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"I'll never buy an Aerosmith pin!"
(sees game with Dirty Donnie artwork and an LCD)
"SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONIES!"

I'm a regular Nostradamus.

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Try reseating the GI cables. Stern told me that Spike game flippers are affected by GI.

#3073 6 years ago

Anyone noticed you can turn Elevator Multiball into a 5 or 6 ball multiball like Toy box multiball? If you've got 4 or 5 balls already locked in the toy box, then start Elevator multiball, the game has no choice but to dump out all 4/5 balls so it can start (because there are is only 1 or 0 balls left in the trough). So including the ball you shot Elevator, youll end up with a 5 or 6 ball multiball.

And then toy box multiball will still be available for 4 or 5 ball multiball because it will just use the trough balls instead of the locked toy box ones.

#3074 6 years ago

I know this is going to come across as being a crybaby, but I find my AS pro to be infuriating. I don't think I have ever owned a game that gets me as irritated.

I like AS a lot, and prefer fast difficult games. Not really sure why this one in particular gets to me?

I have a very hard time comboing anything with any consistency.

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I know this is going to come across as being a crybaby, but I find my AS pro to be infuriating. I don't think I have ever owned a game that gets me as irritated.
I like AS a lot, and prefer fast difficult games. Not really sure why this one in particular gets to me?

Brick, brick, hit (Jacky laugh), brick, brick.

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

If it bugs you that much, I'll happily come down to FL and remove it from your home.

I won't even charge you

#3077 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Elevator, toy launch and right ramp are all tight shots, though the ramp seems easier than it was on KISS. You have to be more accurate on the right-side shots, for sure. I'd rather play KISS (and do) with the better rules and a similar layout. The LCD and toybox launch aren't enough to make it "fun" for me, but I have to say the Elevator Multiball start is great. I never skip it. Best part of the whole game, IMO.

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Try reseating the GI cables. Stern told me that Spike game flippers are affected by GI.

Thanks for passing along the GI connector- The only set of connectors I didn't reseat - b/c all the GI worked, even in the lower PF where the node 8 and downstream 8a-8e were flaky. Spike must allow GI to work, while still creating an error in the bus chain.

Here's all the other diagnosis steps I tried, so others might avoid these trail/error attempts.
I switched node 8 and 9 (same boards) and didn't change behavior, reseated all the connectors on the nodes and feature lights board. Still nothing.

Then... it suddenly started working again, but seems to be a bit intermittent and slings/flippers /feature lights die, sometimes for 1 sec sometimes for 5.

The feature lights and flashers in the lower section kind of ghosted/pulsed, so I knew the Node 8 5v was ok, the chain was connected among the 8's, and the node 8 was getting network communication (the node 8 board has solid red at the power connector for v, and a flashing yellow on any node board indicates read/write with the CPU.) I hate diagnosing "almost" working - I'd rather have the LED's completely out, rather than "sort of" out.

#3079 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Yea, when you take one of the flowiest games ever made in Star Trek, and put its rules in another game it sometimes doesn't work out great. I've always been suspect of the song mode rules in AS, 30 secs can pass by in an instant with only 1 or 2 shot attempts on this layout. Still a fun game and it's cool to work up the super modes and cash them in, but I wonder what the modes could have been with a little more originality

#3080 6 years ago

All the hype in this thread is tempting me to pull the trigger on an AS LE. I'm currently searching for a MET MOPLE, but AS would definitely look good next to it and Luci. Plus I want to make Joe and Steven proud Music pins rock!

IMG_2237 (resized).JPGIMG_2237 (resized).JPG

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

All the hype in this thread is tempting me to pull the trigger on an AS LE. I'm currently searching for a MET MOPLE, but AS would definitely look good next to it and Luci. Plus I want to make Joe and Steven proud Music pins rock!

Metallica with a color LCD is a much better choice than Aerosmith. Much. Aerosmith is not a great game. Flashy? Yeah. Great? No. And there's no guarantee it will ever BE a great game given its pedigree. Metallica Prem/LE is a GREAT game NOW. I've spent a lot of time on Metallica Prem, KISS LE, and Aerosmith Prem, and of those three, AS would be my last recommendation. Once people get past the new toy honeymoon and the LCD/Jacky aren't so novel anymore, I think you'll start to see more realistic assessments of its flaws.

#3082 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Metallica with a color LCD is a much better choice than Aerosmith. Much. Aerosmith is not a great game. Flashy? Yeah. Great? No. And there's no guarantee it will ever BE a great game given its pedigree. Metallica Prem/LE is a GREAT game NOW. I've spent a lot of time on Metallica Prem, KISS LE, and Aerosmith Prem, and of those three, AS would be my last recommendation. Once people get past the new toy honeymoon and the LCD/Jacky aren't so novel anymore, I think you'll start to see more realistic assessments of its flaws.

I think people are blown away by how good the game is...I think it's safe to say that everyone was expecting a turd with Lonnie on code and the layout basically being a rehash of KISS.

I'm shocked that I took such a strong liking to the game. I swore off all Lonnie games after Star Trek & KISS, but I have to admit, he did step it up on this one.

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think people are blown away by how good the game is...I think it's safe to say that everyone was expecting a turd with Lonnie on code and the layout basically being a rehash of KISS.
I'm shocked that I took such a strong liking to the game. I swore off all Lonnie games after Star Trek & KISS, but I have to admit, he did step it up on this one.

It's a awesome that you're blown away by it, but that's not a universal opinion. The song modes play out more or less like KISS, but they have that crappy 30 second time limit, which is RETARDED for a music game. KISS you get the song you choose until you finish the song (or the bug pops up that lets you pick a new song when you're not supposed to). Also, the song selection is even more meh than KISS. I'm not a fan of KISS, but I ended up liking all but two of the songs. I KNOW all the AS songs, but I don't like most of the ones they chose (and no, I'm not changing the firmware to songs I like because the integration with the video is even tighter than KISS).

#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, when you take one of the flowiest games ever made in Star Trek, and put its rules in another game it sometimes doesn't work out great. I've always been suspect of the song mode rules in AS, 30 secs can pass by in an instant with only 1 or 2 shot attempts on this layout. Still a fun game and it's cool to work up the super modes and cash them in, but I wonder what the modes could have been with a little more originality

Are you saying the ruleset is same as star trek? Just curious and probably good to know.

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS you get the song you choose until you finish the song (or the bug pops up that lets you pick a new song when you're not supposed to)

Don't know if that's a bug or not. You can only change the song of you have completed x amount of it. Seems to be pretty consistant across all songs, so I would think it is by design.

rd

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't know if that's a bug or not. You can only change the song of you have completed x amount of it. Seems to be pretty consistant across all songs, so I would think it is by design.
rd

It always seemed like a bug, but the way you explain it (complete x amount of song) makes it make more sense. I'll have to pay closer attention to see if I can narrow down the rules for when that happens.

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It always seemed like a bug, but the way you explain it (complete x amount of song) makes it make more sense. I'll have to pay closer attention to see if I can narrow down the rules for when that happens.

My guestimate would be if you have completed half the mode (or more), then drain, you can choose a new song. Of course, if you do choose a new song, you don't complete the current song and you don't get any progress towards the 2x playfield scoring etc etc.

rd

#3088 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My guestimate would be if you have completed half the mode (or more), then drain, you can choose a new song. Of course, if you do choose a new song, you don't complete the current song and you don't get any progress towards the 2x playfield scoring etc etc.
rd

But it saves your progress, so if you pick that song again, you have less to do to finish it the second time.

#3089 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a awesome that you're blown away by it, but that's not a universal opinion. The song modes play out more or less like KISS, but they have that crappy 30 second time limit, which is RETARDED for a music game. KISS you get the song you choose until you finish the song (or the bug pops up that lets you pick a new song when you're not supposed to). Also, the song selection is even more meh than KISS. I'm not a fan of KISS, but I ended up liking all but two of the songs. I KNOW all the AS songs, but I don't like most of the ones they chose (and no, I'm not changing the firmware to songs I like because the integration with the video is even tighter than KISS).

The song modes in Aerosmith are closer to Tron. If you start all songs, you get to Medley, which is like sea of simulation. Once you complete all the modes, you get to World Tour (I think that's the title of it), which is like portal.

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've always been suspect of the song mode rules in AS, 30 secs can pass by in an instant with only 1 or 2 shot attempts on this layout.

All the songs have different difficulty to complete. Some require only a few shots to complete, others you need all shots in the pie, but progress is saved, so you can just restart it at the scoop. Only Sweet Emotion requires you to complete all shots in the pie in one go, and doesn't save progress. So you need to get crank it up and realky need to stack it with a multiball.

#3091 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a awesome that you're blown away by it, but that's not a universal opinion.

Actually, it IS much more of a universal opinion that Aerosmith is super fun. You're definitely in the minority Vic

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Actually, it IS much more of a universal opinion that Aerosmith is super fun. You're definitely in the minority Vic

No questiin AS is fun. Regardless of rules, it's fun just playing it because it looks so good - art, fantastic use of colored LED's and great animations. And the music works for pinball (and I really don't like Aerosmith).

But rulewise, AS is as deep or as shallow as you want to play it. You can just go for toy box multiball all day, which is one of the best toys and multiball starts in pinball, or you can concentrate on completing modes or you can concentrate scoring by building up supers, stacking with shot multipliers, playfield multipliers (premium/Le) and 6 ball multiball.

#3093 6 years ago

Regarding Supers, once you finish a song and its' Super is qualified, it doesn't last for the rest of the game, but does seem to carry over to new balls. Anyone know what's going on? Are they timed?

#3094 6 years ago

The Making of Aerosmith ...

rd

#3095 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Regarding Supers, once you finish a song and its' Super is qualified, it doesn't last for the rest of the game, but does seem to carry over to new balls. Anyone know what's going on? Are they timed?

You get a specific number of hits.

#3096 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, all are custom callouts for the Jacky toy.

This is the main thing keeping me from buying AS. Jacky is a little too close to Gilbert Gottfried, if you remember him. Having said that, every time I play AS I'm transported back to this awesome ride from the 70's:

IMG_1236 (resized).JPGIMG_1236 (resized).JPG

#3097 6 years ago

Owning AS makes me want to get MET also.

#3098 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Owning AS makes me want to get MET also.

Funny.
Owning Metallica, made me want to get Aerosmith.
Hey, two great pins that go great together.

#3099 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I didn't say I wasn't. You're quoting an "alternative fact." I SAID "but that's not a universal opinion."

There's no such thing as "more" of "universal." It's universal or it's not. I simply said that the fawning adulation for Aerosmith is not a universal opinion. I'm not a huge fan of it, and others have stated similar opinions. I'm not saying people can't like it, if they do, great.

#3100 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Are you saying the ruleset is same as star trek? Just curious and probably good to know.

Yes, the song modes aRe very familiar to the level 1 missions. Basically the mode starts off by going for the main shots, make one and you can shoot CIU (aka away team) which boosts the mode shot scoring and makes the objective for the mode shots change. What AS does good is take it to the next level and adds in a super mode for each song mode. So basically each song mode has 3 tiers; first is basic, second is CIU with increased time and scoring; and third is a super mode which can carry over to the next song or multiball. The other thing that AS does better is double scoring and multipliers actually stack for a specific shot whereas in Star Trek, whether it's a combo with a multiplier or a combo without a multiplier it will not stack that shot.

Other rules for AS; Toys MB = Mustang MB. Elevator mb = megatron or Optimus prime (forgot which one) multiball.

It's just rehashed rules, a 'Lonnie's greatest hits' so to speak. It works very well for AS even though I'm still a little cautious and suspect of the song modes - but I think the super mode stacking beyond each song mode is its saving grace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/62?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.