You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 84.
#2801 2 years ago

Wife received shipment 1 hr ago

Heading home in a bit for the launch!

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Distributors are moving a ton of AS's. Also, some shipments might be delayed because people who have ordered Pro's are getting Premiums instead(like me). I just hope the guy who ordered a Premium doesn't receive a Pro

AS pinblades are OOS until the end of May, too.

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

AS pinblades are OOS until the end of May, too.

You can get these ones from PBL. I just installed mine, they look great!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4574

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wife received shipment 1 hr ago
Heading home in a bit for the launch!

Gonna be some serious beer drinking tonight at your place I'm guessing!

#2805 2 years ago

We are all waiting for a review Iceman and we expect one sometime tonight!

I hope your cabinet didn't fall apart already!

#2806 2 years ago

Intermission review is F YEAH!!!!

Cab is great. Pin is awesome.

Drinking beer and taking a taco break

I'm bricking the crap out of the right ramp but starting to get what's going on

Wow F ing factor

The LCD, lighting and sound is amazing

Welcome to the new world of pinball and I love it!!!!

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow F ing factor

PinStadium UV lights will make the art really pop. I've seen them at the Ohio and PATZ shows on AS. Really good.

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

PinStadium UV lights will make the art really pop. I've seen them at the Ohio and PATZ shows on AS. Really good.

Looks like an interesting product for sure. Like to get a photo or video of that on AS. Anyone?

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Looks like an interesting product for sure. Like to get a photo or video of that on AS. Anyone?

pinstadium ???

#2810 2 years ago

Saw a video on YouTube. Like to see lights during play.

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

What has happened to Stern AS production? I ordered one from our distributor 4 weeks ago and still may not get it for another 2 weeks...
...patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...

I waited 6 months for my GB. 6 weeks is nothing. Watched every weeks build video to see if they were building them. Sucked. Actually I never want to order a NIB stern again. The money tied up and nothing to enjoy. Meanwhile the next game was announced before I got mine ordered weeks after announcement.

#2812 2 years ago

I mean isn't it smart to buy from a dist that has the pin in stock? Just sayin

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

You can get these ones from PBL. I just installed mine, they look great!
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4574

PBL's search sucks. I searched and that didn't come up, only Batman blades. Crazy.

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Isn't that just basically two strips of LED lights that go beneath the glass channel with a shield over them so they don't hit you in the eyes? Seems pretty basic.

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

PBL's search sucks. I searched and that didn't come up, only Batman blades. Crazy.

I have always found the interface and engine one of the best out there. Did you try to perform a game-specific search?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=513&pg=1

Brad

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I have always found the interface and engine one of the best out there. Did you try to perform a game-specific search?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=513&pg=1
Brad

Huh. It's all coming up now. Maybe their server was under maintenance in the middle of the night when I checked...

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow F ing factor

And here's the thing Iceman, one week from today after you get more familiar with the rules and shots of the game, you are going to be loving this game ten times more than you are right now. This game really grows on you big time the more you play it. I've owned mine for about a week and a half and I can already declare this pin a keeper for life!! It's that F'ing good!

#2818 2 years ago

Wish I could order AS with the pro cabinet (blue) and premium playfield.

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And here's the thing Iceman, one week from today after you get more familiar with the rules and shots of the game, you are going to be loving this game ten times more than you are right now. This game really grows on you big time the more you play it. I've owned mine for about a week and a half and I can already declare this pin a keeper for life!! It's that F'ing good!

That's what I love about a Borg pin.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Wish I could order AS with the pro cabinet (blue) and premium playfield.

I'm the other way around. I'd prefer the purple cabinet but want the pro.

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm the other way around. I'd prefer the purple cabinet but want the pro.

Umm. I smell a solution here

#2822 2 years ago

What's the general consensus on pro vs premium?

I've played the pro and like it, just wondering the the premium is worth the $$ jump.

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What's the general consensus on pro vs premium?
I've played the pro and like it, just wondering the the premium is worth the $$ jump.

Premium has some nice extras like additional RGB inserts, etc, but that mini-playfield is a near total waste.

After playing it for a few days, I have no idea why people are so in love with it when they give KISS non-stop grief. Toybox aside, it's essentially a slightly crappier-playing version of KISS. Has the same "shoot for the lit arrows" gameplay with different arrow progressions for different songs...just like KISS. But the song timer thing is crappier than KISS. Has one additional playfield shot over KISS. And I think the KISS levitating ball is cooler than the AS toybox launch - plus the levitation works EVERY TIME, unlike the toybox. I think once the honeymoon is over people will be just as restless with AS as they are with KISS.

It will be really interesting to see if AS earns as well as KISS (which earns great) on route.

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I think once the honeymoon is over people will be just as restless with AS as they are with KISS

People love a new toy, man ...

Shall we start a sweepstakes on when the "where's the AS Code?" thread will start?

I'll kick it off ... 60 days from now. Let's say 25th June. Actually I think that is a bit too long, now I think about it. But I'll stick with that!

rd

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

People love a new toy, man ...
Shall we start a sweepstakes on when the "where's the AS Code?" thread will start?
I'll kick it off ... 60 days from now. Let's say 25th June. Actually I think that is a bit too long, now I think about it. But I'll stick with that!
rd

you heard it first right here

#2826 2 years ago

Code is already pretty damn good.

Btw, the back glass, real thing, is gorgeous.

#2827 2 years ago

I own AS and really like Kiss and always have. The way I see it, it seems like Kiss owners are a little annoyed because AS feels similar to Kiss and they wonder why Stern can't just put a little more time on Kiss code in between the time they come out with a new similar game? I can see that, but Borg is Borg and Stern is Stern I guess?

I like AS because it shoots like Kiss. AS just worked out better for me, but I really hope Kiss gets the update it deserves. I dig both games and hope Kiss owners don't feel this is a AS vs Kiss thing at all. It is not for me at all. I dig them both.

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I like AS because it shoots like Kiss.

That said, I think it shoots a little worse than KISS. Moving the scoop killed the ability to backhand with any regularity and didn't add anything. Adding the elevator shot to the right of the center ramp didn't really add anything, and the magnet in front of the Toybox has less action than the Star area most of the time. I'm pretty sure we'll see KISS-like whining before the year is out. It's a very basic game that doesn't add much over KISS (and doesn't it have a lot less multiball modes than KISS, too?).

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm pretty sure we'll see KISS-like whining before the year is out

Before the end of the year??

More like the end of the month!!

I like KISS, similar to Transformers in a lot of ways, except with tighter shots.

KISS maybe seems a little tougher than AS gameplay wise in my opinion. I found all the shots pretty easy on AS vs very tight left orbit and right ramp on KISS. Consistently hitting Starchild area can be a mission on KISS, whereas I have no problem hitting the lock lane on AS.

Funnily enough, if/when I do get an Aerosmith, it'll sit right next to KISS Pro and Transformers LE, so you'll have 3 pins in a row with basically the same rulesets. The Ropp Row! Hahaha

rd

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Before the end of the year??
More like the end of the month!!
I like KISS, similar to Transformers in a lot of ways, except with tighter shots.
KISS maybe seems a little tougher than AS gameplay wise in my opinion. I found all the shots pretty easy on AS vs very tight left orbit and right ramp on KISS. Consistently hitting Starchild area can be a mission on KISS, whereas I have no problem hitting the lock lane on AS.
Funnily enough, if/when I do get an Aerosmith, it'll sit right next to KISS Pro and Transformers LE, so you'll have 3 pins in a row with basically the same rulesets. The Ropp Row! Hahaha
rd

I'm apparently one of the few that's overall pretty happy with KISS (though I would like a wrap-up update to fix the bugs and add a some polish to RC and KA multiballs). Aerosmith plays similarly enough that I wouldn't own it AND KISS. Given the choice, I'd still buy a KISS over an AS. Plus I don't know what it is, but AS music they chose for the pin doesn't really pump me up like the KISS music (and I'm no KISS music fan). It seems like AS needed more uptempo songs. Dunno.

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Plus I don't know what it is, but AS music they chose for the pin doesn't really pump me up like the KISS music (and I'm no KISS music fan). It seems like AS needed more uptempo songs. Dunno.

I'm a rock/metal guy, and I played in the NZ KISS tribute band, so I'm down with the KISS.

But after a day playing Aerosmith Pro at Pinmasters, everyone was humming Rats in the Cellar, I can tell you that.

Live Bootleg is a great AS album. You can keep the 90s stuff though. I'm so happy they went the musical direction they did with AS. It could have been awwwwful.

rd

#2832 2 years ago

What mods have you guy put on I just ordered the shaker kit and the green slim plastic mirror blades will be next

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

What mods have you guy put on I just ordered the shaker kit and the green slim plastic mirror blades will be next

Get some lollipop rails on there, stat, if you have a Pro or Prem.

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Code is already pretty damn good.
Btw, the back glass, real thing, is gorgeous.

If they never updated the code I doubt that I would complain. I don't see anything that needs improving yet. If there is anything though that needs improving, I'd like to see it fixed of course.

#2835 2 years ago

What is the AS pin songlist?

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

What is the AS pin songlist?

Toys in the attic
Love in an elevator
Rats in the cellar
Dude looks like a lady
Back in the saddle
Sweet emotion
Walk this way
Same old song & dance
Last child

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they never updated the code I doubt that I would complain. I don't see anything that needs improving yet. If there is anything though that needs improving, I'd like to see it fixed of course.

The timer for double points not being paused while it plays the unskippable 10 second or more extra ball animation NEEDS to be fixed. Really ticked me off. Was having a great game, great multiball, double scoring, hit the scoop, and the Extra Ball animation stole the rest of my clock and could not be skipped.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The timer for double points not being paused while it plays the unskippable 10 second or more extra ball animation NEEDS to be fixed. Really ticked me off. Was having a great game, great multiball, double scoring, hit the scoop, and the Extra Ball animation stole the rest of my clock and could not be skipped.

I wasn't aware of that. That should be changed for sure then. I'm sure we are going to see an update or two but I'd also say that the code is pretty much complete too. That's a good thing. I would like to see the spotlight turned to light up Jester when it's getting ready to start into multi ball and the toy box is shaking. It's a cool feature that needs to be seen and it's really dark when that is going on.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wasn't aware of that. That should be changed for sure then. I'm sure we are going to see an update or two but I'd also say that the code is pretty much complete too. That's a good thing. I would like to see the spotlight turned to light up Jester when it's getting ready to start into multi ball and the toy box is shaking. It's a cool feature that needs to be seen and it's really dark when that is going on.

ALL the animations should be skippable with both flipper buttons pressed. That's pretty standard. I was surprised they aren't already.

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

ALL the animations should be skippable with both flipper buttons pressed. That's pretty standard. I was surprised they aren't already.

I'm not talking about the animations, I'm talking about the actual box on the playfield. All the lights go out when you are going into multiball. They could turn the light on in front of the toy box so you could see it shaking. The animations don't really bother me personally and I don't feel like they are long or drawn out. I could watch the opening of love in an elevator multi ball a million times and never get tired of it. I love it!

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm not talking about the animations, I'm talking about the actual box on the playfield. All the lights go out when you are going into multiball. They could turn the light on in front of the toy box so you could see it shaking. The animations don't really bother me personally and I don't feel like they are long or drawn out. I could watch the opening of love in an elevator multi ball a million times and never get tired of it. I love it!

But if they're not pausing timers, I'll take skipping an animation over losing bonus multipliers any day. Right now, there is no option, you just can't skip anything and lose time when they happen.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But if they're not pausing timers, I'll take skipping an animation over losing bonus multipliers any day. Right now, there is no option, you just can't skip anything and lose time when they happen.

I agree, the timers should absolutely pause.

#2843 2 years ago

Bug.report (at) sternpinball.com

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Typical JJP fan Saying peoples opinions don't mean shit but there opinion is different it is valid

It saddens me, that some people have to use strawman arguments and sweeping generalizations about others instead of addressing points head on.

Let me clarify this for you.... Everybody has an opinion. Everybody has bias. The question is, when someone expresses an opinion, whether they provide enough information to make the opinion useful. Nobody is saying anybody isn't entitled to like/dislike a game. The question is, WHY?

If someone says, "xxx sucks" without much detail, that's not helpful. Pointing that out isn't an "attack." It's indicating, hey, if you want to be helpful, provide more information.

I think pinball reviews are like movie reviews. Some people like certain types of movies, some people don't. If you like a movie, but don't explain why, your review doesn't really help people decide if their tastes align with your own.

This seems to be the ever constant battle on pinside. People get their feelings hurt because someone doesn't agree with them. It's time for us all to be adults and not get butthurt, and not feel a need to marginalize others simply because we disagree. Oh, I must be a "JJP fan" because I said something unfavorable about a Stern game? So childish, and inaccurate.

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

It saddens me, that some people have to use strawman arguments and sweeping generalizations about others instead of addressing points head on.
Let me clarify this for you.... Everybody has an opinion. Everybody has bias. The question is, when someone expresses an opinion, whether they provide enough information to make the opinion useful. Nobody is saying anybody isn't entitled to like/dislike a game. The question is, WHY?
If someone says, "xxx sucks" without much detail, that's not helpful. Pointing that out isn't an "attack." It's indicating, hey, if you want to be helpful, provide more information.
I think pinball reviews are like movie reviews. Some people like certain types of movies, some people don't. If you like a movie, but don't explain why, your review doesn't really help people decide if their tastes align with your own.
This seems to be the ever constant battle on pinside. People get their feelings hurt because someone doesn't agree with them. It's time for us all to be adults and not get butthurt, and not feel a need to marginalize others simply because we disagree. Oh, I must be a "JJP fan" because I said something unfavorable about a Stern game? So childish, and inaccurate.

I disagree.

IMG_2939 (resized).PNG

#2846 2 years ago

lol... I respect your right to disagree.

#2847 2 years ago

OK so I need some help. Some how my grand plan about the Ghostbusters Prem being a big hit with the family has been a flop. I LOVE the game but it's too hard for the rest of the family. I'm completely addicted to the "one more game" challenge of GB, but I'm more addicted to my family having fun together and GB has failed me there. My question is, and anyone who owns both and could weigh in would be greatly appreciated, will this game be fun for the family and satisfy my constant 10-12 games a night? My kids really like RS and Tommy. p.s. I love 1974-1979 Aerosmith.

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

OK so I need some help. Some how my grand plan about the Ghostbusters Prem being a big hit with the family has been a flop. I LOVE the game but it's too hard for the rest of the family. I'm completely addicted to the "one more game" challenge of GB, but I'm more addicted to my family having fun together and GB has failed me there. My question is, and anyone who owns both and could weigh in would be greatly appreciated, will this game be fun for the family and satisfy my constant 10-12 games a night? My kids really like RS and Tommy. p.s. I love 1974-1979 Aerosmith.

Why don't you first make the game easier by closing up the outlane posts, installing "carrot" flippers, and/or installing an aftermarket center post? Boost ball save to 10 seconds. As everybody gets better at the game, you may want to start removing one or two.

I'm just saying that the game is great fun once a novice player gets a chance to experience it.

#2849 2 years ago

So, I decided to keep Congo after all, after realizing its the only pin I have left with a 3rd flipper (and a very unique Trudeau layout. I also think there are gonna be a lot of AS in local collections for me to play. I will definitely be watching for "last chance to buy" on this title, though!

Quoted from swampfire:

Really enjoyed playing AS at my friend's house. I've had about 50 pins come through the basement, so I'm usually jaded about new pins, but this one is really fun! The Dirty Donny art is awesome too. I'm even thinking of selling my cherished Congo to raise some funds and make room.

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Personally, in that situation I would mod the Ghostbusters to be less punishing so your family enjoys it. You're going to be bored with AS before too long.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fleetwood, PA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside