You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 84.
#2651 7 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

I would start by contacting Stern or my distributor.

Definitely ask Chas about this. 800-KICKERS

#2652 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I may sound like an idiot now but how can I fix this?

I'd start with Stern or your distributor. Stern may have failed to ground all the items properly, so they can tell you what to check.

Since this isn't the only pin you have, I'm assuming your house is wired properly, so it's not that.

#2653 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(no idea why Stern doesn't demand this in the power supply spec from their supplier).

No idea?$?$?$?$

Really?$?$?$?$?$

#2654 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

No idea?$?$?$?$
Really?$?$?$?$?$

The cost is a wash or literally pennies. At retail the fans (current vs quiet) are the same price. This has to be a case where Stern just can't be bothered to take care of something really annoying (especially in a home environment) that would cost nothing or next to nothing to change.

#2655 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The cost is a wash or literally pennies. At retail the fans (current vs quiet) are the same price. This has to be a case where Stern just can't be bothered to take care of something really annoying (especially in a home environment) that would cost nothing or next to nothing to change.

I guess that's why the fan in my WOZ is so loud. I can hear it before even entering the room. Unfortunately it is also a pain in the butt to get to compared to the Stern fan or I would have replaced it by now. There is also a very noticeable static through the speakers on that game that gets louder and quieter as the LEDs come on and off.

#2656 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I guess that's why the fan in my WOZ is so loud. I can hear it before even entering the room. Unfortunately it is also a pain in the butt to get to compared to the Stern fan or I would have replaced it by now. There is also a very noticeable static through the speakers on that game that gets louder and quieter as the LEDs come on and off.

Yeah, the WoZ fan is loud, but it's nothing compared to the fans on those Spike power supplies.

Put a ground isolation device on the sound output from the motherboard and it takes care of that static on the speakers.

#2657 7 years ago

I ordered a ground isolator. Hopefully that works. I need to yank out the fan to find a decent replacement.

With the Stern power supply, the fan is temperature controlled. You can either replace that fan itself or buy a quiet external fan and blow it at the power supply to keep it cool and prevent the fan from coming on.

#2658 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Does ST and GB also have this problem?

yes only if you play it ALL day with your buddys when you first get it

#2659 7 years ago

I don't know how good AS is selling but if it's not really good people are nuts because this is one fun ass game that just makes me want to keep coming back for more. For anyone who's on the fence about buying AS just go buy it. It's fun as hell and it will be the best looking game in your collection!

#2660 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

it will be the best looking game in your collection!

Now I'm convinced.

#2661 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now I'm convinced.

O-din do you ever sleep? Go to bed!!

#2662 7 years ago

Is there a nice video out there to see how the upper playfield plays on the premium/LE?
I looked for it but I didn't find any......
But so far I love what I have seen!

#2663 7 years ago
Quoted from Woidhauser:

Is there a nice video out there to see how the upper playfield plays on the premium/LE?

I believe there is a video by Dead Flip at the Stern factory on YouTube.

#2664 7 years ago
Quoted from Woidhauser:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I believe there is a video by Dead Flip at the Stern factory on YouTube.

Yep. I think this was on launch, so not sure how different the code is now...

Very tempted.

#2665 7 years ago

Thanks a lot!

#2666 7 years ago

Warning......if you watch this you will be calling your distributor tomorrow and your bank account is going to go to sh*t!

#2667 7 years ago

What's the go with walk this way mode? I finish the shots in time and it just keeps counting down. Code bug?

#2668 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

What's the go with walk this way mode? I finish the shots in time and it just keeps counting down. Code bug?

I'm almost positive that after you complete the mode, additional shot build the super awards for the mode. So for example, if you completed the mode and made 1 additional shot super ramps would give you 1.1m instead of 1m

#2669 7 years ago

I don't think there is an upper limit to WTW shots it is timed. Only the ramps are active after hitting CIU. Keep hitting shots to build the Super Ramps value.

Once the time expires, all shots are turned on and you have to hit one to activate super ramps. If you drain between time ending and the closing shot, you get credit for WTW, but no super ramps.

Not sure how many shots you have to make to 'qualify' WTW, but its not many.

#2670 7 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I'm almost positive that after you complete the mode, additional shot build the super awards for the mode. So for example, if you completed the mode and made 1 additional shot super ramps would give you 1.1m instead of 1m

Are all the modes like this? If you complete them, timer goes away and you can either build the super award or hit scoop and change songs. That would be pretty cool.

#2671 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

O-din do you ever sleep?

Not enough, apparently.

#2672 7 years ago

Really enjoyed playing AS at my friend's house. I've had about 50 pins come through the basement, so I'm usually jaded about new pins, but this one is really fun! The Dirty Donny art is awesome too. I'm even thinking of selling my cherished Congo to raise some funds and make room.

#2673 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Really enjoyed playing AS at my friend's house. I've had about 50 pins come through the basement, so I'm usually jaded about new pins, but this one is really fun! The Dirty Donny art is awesome too. I'm even thinking of selling my cherished Congo to raise some funds and make room.

I dare you. Do it!

Don't feel bad about having fun playing a pinball machine.

You can still play my AS anytime in the mean time.

#2674 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd start with Stern or your distributor. Stern may have failed to ground all the items properly, so they can tell you what to check.
Since this isn't the only pin you have, I'm assuming your house is wired properly, so it's not that.

Thanks. I contacted Stern.
I was told to contact my distributor so they can setup an advance replacement for my CPU board. Hopefully that will do it.
But until then….I'll play the crap out of it because the game is awesome fun. I really like how it looks and how it plays. I'm not hearing the noise while I am playing so I am just having fun anyways.

IMG_1302 (resized).JPGIMG_1302 (resized).JPG

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

IMG_1301 (resized).JPGIMG_1301 (resized).JPG

#2675 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Thanks. I contacted Stern.
I was told to contact my distributor so they can setup an advance replacement for my CPU board. Hopefully that will do it.
But until then….I'll play the crap out of it because the game is awesome fun. I really like how it looks and how it plays. I'm not hearing the noise while I am playing so I am just having fun anyways.

You got some nice pins Rom!

#2676 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are all the modes like this? If you complete them, timer goes away and you can either build the super award or hit scoop and change songs. That would be pretty cool.

Don't think so, they are all a little different and I haven't figured them out yet.

Dude is easy too, gives you super lanes. The shots move each time you make one.

Sweet Emotion seems like the hardest. Its a two tiered mode, clear the 4 targets, then all the arrows light up and you get some more time. I've only completed it a couple of times. Someone else mentioned its good to stack with Multi-ball.

#2677 7 years ago

I've got problems with the 2 front speakers cutting in and out. The distro has explained a new SD card will fix the issue. Doesn't cut in Or out while the game is on, it either comes on with power up or sometimes doesn't. More often it doesn't. Just a small hiss through the fronts with no sound, sub is always fine. Thoughts?

#2678 7 years ago

At MGC I got to play both the pro and premium side by side.
I am leaning pro. But as a friend noted it seem lit a bit harsher than the premium. After further comparison. I see they used colored LEDs for the GI in some places.
Does anyone know what style brand would be comparable? Anyone mapped out what color is where?

#2679 7 years ago

My Pro is set to be delivered today!

#2680 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

At MGC I got to play both the pro and premium side by side.
I am leaning pro. But as a friend noted it seem lit a bit harsher than the premium. After further comparison. I see they used colored LEDs for the GI in some places.
Does anyone know what style brand would be comparable? Anyone mapped out what color is where?

Purples and red with the whites gives the pro an Le look with gi

#2681 7 years ago

Has anyone written up the rules for each song yet? I'm trying to figure it out as I go but it would be nice to read though some rules. Like Sweet Emotion has 4 lit shots to start and once they are hit then 8 more shots light and needs to be completed within the timer or you have to start all over. If you drain, the timer and shots carry over to the next ball. I've tried following other songs but things seem to change. Like Rats in the cellar doesn't always start with the same shot. Some songs the bumpers move the shot. A few basically take one shot to finish. Dude Looks like a lady appears to move the 2 shots left. Then if you hit one they move back to the right and so on.

#2682 7 years ago

Rom : tout beau

#2683 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My Pro is set to be delivered today!

Just in time to bring to Allentown!

#2684 7 years ago

Like some others have done already we removed the stupid post between the pop bumpers that keeps the ball from getting out of the left orbit area.
Game play is much better without that post.
Loving this game.
Now if we can just get some more good code that adds some skill shots, and some deeper rules like Metallica, this game will be over the top.

#2685 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Like some others have done already we removed the stupid post between the pop bumpers that keeps the ball from getting out of the left orbit area.
Game play is much better without that post.
Loving this game.
Now if we can just get some more good code that adds some skill shots, and some deeper rules like Metallica, this game will be over the top.

Possibly something more with the skillshot and maybe another mb. Aside from that the more simplistic rules is what makes this game fun. I couldn't think of anything worse for this game than turning it into another Met woodchopping fest. Most fun 90's b/w games that everyone raves about don't have super deep rules. Sometimes a deep ruleset just doesn't fit the game.

Some like that post out. Personally I think it makes it too easy to farm out toybox multiballs all day. Keeping the ball in that lane longer can assist elevator mb and complete the saddle super. It's just adding in one area and taking away from another imo.

#2686 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Some like that post out. Personally I think it makes it too easy to farm out toybox multiballs all day.

To each his own.
We have played the game for two weeks now with the post out and have not noticed any easier Toybox multiballs.
In fact now the ball can go back into the left orbit now instead of always popping back into the toy box area all the time.

#2687 7 years ago

There is a skillshot (soft plunge into the back of the toybox lane). Are you wanting more options like GB?

#2688 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

There is a skillshot (soft plunge into the back of the toybox lane). Are you wanting more options like GB?

Plus the controlled plunge to hold in the orbit long enough to get the orbit shots to register after the plunge delay.
And then if it comes back down the right orbit, the skill nudge to get the ball to clear the lock back door.
In fact, every auto launch should be intercepted and controlled plunged to try and pick up the orbit shots.

#2689 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

To each his own.
We have played the game for two weeks now with the post out and have not noticed any easier Toybox multiballs.
In fact now the ball can go back into the left orbit now instead of always popping back into the toy box area all the time.

Just don't brag about any high scores if you have altered the factory settings!

#2690 7 years ago

By the way folks we have a new member of the Aerosmith club! He gets his machine Tuesday...it's an LE. I'm not going to say who it is because I don't want to spoil the surprise for him so I'll let him announce it himself. He's a cool guy though and will be good to have in the club!

#2691 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just don't brag about any high scores if you have altered the factory settings!

We (My family), like the fine folks at Papa, make our games as hard as we can.
We routinely remove things like the center post on our Spiderman, the left outlane post on TZ and raise all our outlane post to the upper most position. We also turn off all extra balls.
If someone gets a high score on our games they deserve to brag all day long.
Not that we ever would though. Except to have fun with our friends.
I stand by my comment that Aerosmith is a much better playing game without that post.

#2692 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

To each his own.

Yeah it's all personal preference and I see what your saying but when I've removed it it really doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe it's my games pitch. Most guys on here though who have removed say it makes it easier to go in the lock.

#2693 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We (My family), like the fine folks at Papa, make our games as hard as we can.
We routinely remove things like the center post on our Spiderman, the left outlane post on TZ and raise all our outlane post to the upper most position. We also turn off all extra balls.
If someone gets a high score on our games they deserve to brag all day long.
Not that we ever would though. Except to have fun with our friends.
I stand by my comment that Aerosmith is a much better playing game without that post.

I've heard that it's pretty cool if you remove that post but I'm weird about changing factory settings. I shouldn't be that way but I want to play it the way it was designed to be played.

#2694 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've heard that it's pretty cool if you remove that post but I'm weird about changing factory settings. I shouldn't be that way but I want to play it the way it was designed to be played.

It's all cool.
By all means leave it in.
We host a lot of tournaments. And as long as everyone is playing the same game it really does not matter.

#2695 7 years ago

Skill shot into the lock when lock is not lit doesn't award anything, right?

#2696 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Skill shot into the lock when lock is not lit doesn't award anything, right?

Correct. I think you get something like 5000 or 15,000 points.

#2697 7 years ago

Pulling the trigger today on an LE without playing one. Looks fantastic.

#2698 7 years ago

Yes sir Who Dey, couldn't let you guys have all the fun! Thx for reviews

LE arriving Tuesday

Watched a lot of the Danger stream, and listened to you guys

I still love my man Odiner and respect his opinion

Never planned on buying this one because of Lonnie but it looks like great start so far

#2699 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes sir Who Dey, couldn't let you guys have all the fun! Thx for reviews
LE arriving Tuesday
Watched a lot of the Danger stream, and listened to you guys
I still love my man Odiner and respect his opinion
Never planned on buying this one because of Lonnie but it looks like great start so far

You made a great choice believe me! Just play more than 2 balls before you make a decision on whether you like it or not.
The first few games I played on mine I was kinda thinking.....meh it's ok, good but nothing great or anything. After probably 25-30 games and learning a few things about it I was addicted and still am. Its a fun game.

#2700 7 years ago

Brought home an LE on Thursday. Was sitting on the fence between the Pro or the LE, given the lack of many positive comments on the upper playfield. Had a lot of time on my buddies pro, so was hesitant spending that much on the added features of the LE. But, because I'm a gotta have it now guy, I bit the bullet, called my local distributor. They had LE's in stock, end of story.

No regrets, loving this pin!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/54?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.