You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 84.
#2601 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, I've been holding it in for two days now and finally decided to express my honest opinion. If you are so convinced I actually liked it the wouldn't I have brought it home with me?
I mean I have been known to bring home machines new and old that I express my enthusiasm with. This one just leaves me cold. Honestly.

You just don't like the theme at all and it's obvious which is ok and I understand. As far as the gameplay and the shots, you don't know because you've only played two balls. As far as you saying it's an ugly pin, I don't even know what to say other than put the crack pipe down because I don't see how anybody could say Aerosmith is an ugly game artwork wise.

#2602 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I try them all, but most of the newer ones I've bought didn't last very long for sure. They aren't making any dream themes for me.

Uh, hello? Thunderbirds? Looks like a perfect fit.

#2603 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uh, hello? Thunderbirds? Looks like a perfect fit.

As much as I like the idea, and I'm sure it will be a great game from what he has shown, I'm having doubts about actually owning it. This retro theme game thing is not for me.

From a guy that sold his Batman66 after a few short months. Unlike most I thought it was a great playing machine, and I have patience waiting for code, but it's just not me. I've got enough old machines to remind me of the past.

#2604 7 years ago

Selling SST and a Xenon to make funds. Hope to be able to get a AS by mid summer.

#2605 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

All details are in the attached flyer. The full address is 147 Paysan Lane, Magnolia DE 19962. 7pm until whenever???
Please RSVP if you want to join the fun!

#2606 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm curious
For those of you who sold a game to open up room/funds for Aerosmith... what did you sell?

POTC + $ for AS Prem.

#2607 7 years ago

Sold Kiss LE to fund AS. Anyone who bought a BM66 and prefers that to AS is someone that has completely different tastes than me! Gimme Love In an Elevator all day!!

#2608 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

POTC + $ for AS Prem.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sold Kiss LE to fund AS. Anyone who bought a BM66 and prefers that to AS is someone that has completely different tastes than me! Gimme Love In an Elevator all day!!

Good decisions!

#2609 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't care about the rules. To me rules can't overpower an ugly ass looking machine playing music I don't care to hear. The shots weren't that great either.

Be honest - you've been bagging on Aerosmith endlessly as soon as it was announced. You had NO IDEA what it looked like, played like or anything, but kept saying it would suck because it was Aerosmith. You're opinion was locked in, with absolutely no info. That's why you're opinion on AS doesn't really matter since it has nothing to do with the actual game - just the theme!

#2610 7 years ago

One thing is for sure

O-Din *IS* high

Thanks to prop 64

Anyway I think Aerosmith looks beautiful & that LCD is fire!

Different Strokes for different folks. Hey Stern should do a Different Strokes themed game.

#2611 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Different Strokes for different folks. Hey Stern should do a Different Strokes themed game.

What you talkin' bout?

#2612 7 years ago

@O-din: I for one can relate to what you are saying. Not regarding AS by the way, but I really do not like a number of machines that everybody is always raving about. And then I mean for instance LOTR or AF or MET. I have had those, some even twice or MET even three times, but I just do not like them. Then when I used to come onto the forums I thought: what am I missing with these machines ???

After a while I came to the conclusion that I am looking for other things in a Pinball machines than the majority and that I not get influenced by the opinions of others. Have to make my own mind up and live with that

#2613 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Be honest - you've been bagging on Aerosmith endlessly as soon as it was announced. You had NO IDEA what it looked like, played like or anything, but kept saying it would suck because it was Aerosmith. You're opinion was locked in, with absolutely no info. That's why you're opinion on AS doesn't really matter since it has nothing to do with the actual game - just the theme!

You have just defined what a troll is.

#2614 7 years ago

AS Premium arrived yesterday! Better than I expected.

#2615 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

LOL. Beauty must be in the eye of the beholder I guess.
Everybody has the right to like what they like and not like what they don't like and express their own opinion and that is mine, and I'll probably never press play on one again. That's why I don't do tournaments. Don't want to have to play something I have no desire to play.

Jeez...that is pretty harsh...why did you even buy it in the first place?

#2616 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't care about the rules. To me rules can't overpower an ugly ass looking machine playing music I don't care to hear. The shots weren't that great either.

"ugly ass looking machine"? say what? meanwhile, it's probably one of the best looking machines out there. Who is this clown?

#2617 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

AS Premium arrived yesterday! Better than I expected.

Let's see some premium pics. Thanks.

#2618 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

why did you even buy it in the first place?

Buy what? It didn't even cost me a quarter.

#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You have just defined what a troll is.

If somebody farted and the smell offended you, you'd call him a troll. Get over yourself dude.

#2620 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

you're opinion on AS doesn't really matter

It matters to me. Which is all that really matters to me.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

I am looking for other things in a Pinball machines than the majority and that I not get influenced by the opinions of others.

Somebody gets it.

#2621 7 years ago

So what things do you look for? What games are your favorites? List please.

#2622 7 years ago

O-din you seem like a good guy, but i think the 2 ball thing is what makes no sense. I have played some pins that i thought i would hate but just had to put more time on it to like it.

#2623 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What games are your favorites?

As far as semi modern games I am hooked on BSD right now. Can't get enough...

#2624 7 years ago

I'll post on here guys we can't all like the same pins; I for one think ghostbusters is horrible and shoots really bad, but now that is my opinion after hours of play; there is no way in my mind you can a judge a game of pinball over 2 balls, but like I said before we are all entitled our opinion I would urge all of you to go try out Aerosmith because I love to
Play pinball and it is just pure fun that is all

#2625 7 years ago

Well, if the look and theme, and sounds don't draw you in, it can be hard to really want to like something.

I was open minded as my first post in this thread showed a list of songs that might work on this machine, and I did wait until I actually saw one and played it before giving my initial response. At the same time I don't feel the need to like something because other people tell me I should. Not my style.

Just as if someone told me BSD sucks, has ugly art and music, I'd just say, oh well. that doesn't bother me one bit. Different strokes for different folks. I don't know why some feel the need to overly defend an inanimate object like a pinball machine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2626 7 years ago

Got a serious question, have other people with Aerosmith noticed dimpling on playfield?

#2627 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Got a serious question, have other people with Aerosmith noticed dimpling on playfield?

Everyone that plays it.

#2628 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Everyone that plays it.

Does ST and GB also have this problem?

#2629 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Everyone that plays it.

Seems like something changed with either the wood or clear coat Stern is now using as their playfields are dimpling more severely then ever. I've heard this from a few people. At least the insert ghosting issues are resolved.

Below is a pic of a newer Batman 66 Premium on route....

20170415_175948 (resized).jpg20170415_175948 (resized).jpg

#2630 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

One thing is for sure
O-Din *IS* high
Thanks to prop 64
Anyway I think Aerosmith looks beautiful & that LCD is fire!

Given the proclivities (and eventual missteps) of its cast members, an 'After Party' mode on a DS pin could get interesting

#2631 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

All playfields dimple and its normal. The more you play it the better it will look. Play it and have fun and dont worry about it. There are numerous threads on dimpling on here if you want to read about it. Its no big deal for real.

#2632 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Does ST and GB also have this problem?

My ST had dimples all over. AS had some now. No big deal. Play it and it will smooth out.

#2633 7 years ago

Alright just wondering if maybe i got a soft playfield.

#2634 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Alright just wondering if maybe i got a soft playfield.

Yes you did get a soft playfield in a way. Its softer than the steel ball that is jumping around all over it and the steel ball is putting dents in the wood.

#2635 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes you did get a soft playfield in a way. Its softer than the steel ball that is jumping around all over it and the steel ball is putting dents in the wood.

Funny shit! First new Stern for me so i did'nt know this was normal. My Stern Elvis has no dimples.

#2636 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Funny shit! First new Stern for me so i did'nt know this was normal. My Stern Elvis has no dimples.

I didnt know either until I read what other people were saying about it (especially Vid) and it makes sense what they are saying about it. It doesn't bother me because you cant even see them unless you bend down and get in perfect lighting and really look for them. Im extremely picky also so if it doesn't bother me it shouldn't bother anyone probably lol.

#2637 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

No matter what people say, dimpling does seem more pronounced in the last few years. Probably softer/cheaper ply.

#2638 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No matter what people say, dimpling does seem more pronounced in the last few years. Probably softer/cheaper ply.

I think it is more of a function of faster play and bigger multiballs which leads to more airballs. All playfileds have always dimpled.

I just restored a Meteor and it's funny because all of the areas of wood protected under plastics are actually higher than the rest of the playfield. The entire playfield was all dimpled down and smoothed out from years of play.

#2639 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Even if thats true they will still smooth out and it doesnt affect gameplay in the least.

#2640 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I think it is more of a function of faster play and bigger multiballs which leads to more airballs. All playfileds have always dimpled.
I just restored a Meteor and it's funny because all of the areas of wood protected under plastics are actually higher than the rest of the playfield. The entire playfield was all dimpled down and smoothed out from years of play.

Bingo

Has zero to do with the wood based on what I've read.

Faster, ramps, MBs etc, and faster can lead to more airballs

Worried about dimples? Pinball isn't for you. You can put down a PF protector and you will still get some dimples

#2641 7 years ago

Just went to get my AS PRO today. I love it so far but I may have an issue with my speakers and I don't know where to start to maybe fix the problem myself. I have a constant electromechanical noise coming from both speakers.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this?

I put a video on youtube because noise is always difficult to describe:

#2642 7 years ago

I think it's fan noise.

#2643 7 years ago

Sounds like the cooling fan they added to spike machines.

Does it cycle on and off? Open the head and see i it sounds he same with the speakers down.

#2644 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Just went to get my AS PRO today. I love it so far but I may have an issue with my speakers and I don't know where to start to maybe fix the problem myself. I have a constant electromechanical noise coming from both speakers.
Does anybody have an idea what could cause this?
I put a video on youtube because noise is always difficult to describe:
» YouTube video

Replace the power supply fan with a quiet one (no idea why Stern doesn't demand this in the power supply spec from their supplier). The stock fan is ANNOYINGLY loud on all the Spike machines.

#2645 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Replace the power supply fan with a quiet one (no idea why Stern doesn't demand this in the power supply spec from their supplier). The stock fan is ANNOYINGLY loud on all the Spike machines.

It is not the fan. It comes 100% sure out of the speakers themselves. I opened the back box and took the speakers out of the back box then put my ear on them to be sure.

#2646 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm curious
For those of you who sold a game to open up room/funds for Aerosmith... what did you sell?

Dumped my HUO Ripley's It did go to a good home and I can eventually get it back if I wanted to

#2647 7 years ago

Just unplugged the speakers and the noise is gone.
Hopefully not one of those electromecanical noises.

IMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPG

#2648 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Just unplugged the speakers and the noise is gone.
Hopefully not one of those electromecanical noises.

So probably a ground issue, then.

#2649 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So probably a ground issue, then.

I may sound like an idiot now but how can I fix this?

#2650 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I may sound like an idiot now but how can I fix this?

I would start by contacting Stern or my distributor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/53?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.