You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 84.
#2451 7 years ago

Does Aerosmith have adult language in the game?

#2452 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Does Aerosmith have adult language in the game?

Yes, with a setting to turn it off if you wish

#2453 7 years ago

Attempting to update my AS pro and I keep getting an error on the machine.
I have tried two different jump drives that are empty other than the update file.
BTW the file is just over 3G so you need a larger drive than for say GB.

Thanks
Robert

#2454 7 years ago

Sorry if this has already been brought up - any owners who have updated to 1.03, are you guys seeing smart missiles? I don't think I've seen any since we updated our machine.

#2455 7 years ago

I think Smart Missles are a random mystery award and don't see them very often. If there's a shot that will give them please let me know

#2456 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Attempting to update my AS pro and I keep getting an error on the machine.
I have tried two different jump drives that are empty other than the update file.
BTW the file is just over 3G so you need a larger drive than for say GB.
Thanks
Robert

I read that the drive has to be set to store as FAT32 type directory , and if an apple computer , some stuff needs to done differently also. I know I messed up the terms, I'm no computer guy, but trying to help. I think in properties you can check to see if thumb drive was formatted to FAT32.....what ever that means. Also, make sure you unzip the files and only have the 2 files on the thumb drive. Stop laughing at me , I did my best to help
JP

#2457 7 years ago

Had a pinhead friend come over and get to play AS for the first time tonight. He said AS is the most fun he has had with a pin in a long time and he is lining up getting one.

Play this game folks. It is ok to like it.

#2458 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Had a pinhead friend come over and get to play AS for the first time tonight. He said AS is the most fun he has had with a pin in a long time and he is lining up getting one.
Play this game folks. It is ok to like it.

Getting a Pro tomorrow! I thought it was gonna be about a month but some unexpected stuff happened and it's tomorrow....can't wait!

#2459 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting a Pro tomorrow! I thought it was gonna be about a month but some unexpected stuff happened and it's tomorrow....can't wait!

Dude! It is the most fun I have had on a pin from the beginning ever. Acdc, IM, LOTR all I was not sure how good they were for a little while. AS is just plain fun. Funny as heck. Look at all the details - best art ever.

I will tell you what - I will give GB one more very good shot since I just don't like it as of now. I hope it will turn for me because I want to like it. AS was easy and quick. Maybe good things will come in time with GB.

#2460 7 years ago

Just installed mirror blades on this bad boy as well as the two instruction cards from this thread.
Also have a Modfather candy apple shooter rod on the way.

IMG_3655 (resized).JPGIMG_3655 (resized).JPG
IMG_3656 (resized).JPGIMG_3656 (resized).JPG
IMG_3654 (resized).JPGIMG_3654 (resized).JPG

#2461 7 years ago

Dude! It is the most fun I have had on a pin from the beginning ever. Acdc, IM, LOTR all I was not sure how good they were for a little while. AS is just plain fun. Funny as heck. Look at all the details - best art ever.
I will tell you what - I will give GB one more very good shot since I just don't like it as of now. I hope it will turn for me because I want to like it. AS was easy and quick. Maybe good things will come in time with GB.

I don't think it's going to be able to beat my GB Premium but if it's even anywhere close I will love it. I really love my GB though lol.

#2462 7 years ago

Just got mine today. Set it up on location at our league spot. Cabinet and playfield look great. Beauty of a clear coat! And I love the Dirty Donny side blades. 20170412_142040 (resized).jpg20170412_142040 (resized).jpg

20170412_164308 (resized).jpg20170412_164308 (resized).jpg

#2463 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just got mine today. Set it up on location at our league spot. Cabinet and playfield look great. Beauty of a clear coat! And I love the Dirty Donny side blades.

Looks fantastic! How do you like it so far?

#2464 7 years ago

Just got mine today. Set it up on location at our league spot. Cabinet and playfield look great. Beauty of a clear coat! And I love the Dirty Donny side blades.

Clearcoat is nice. I like how the toybox shuts with a nice rubber pounding thud. It shuts like it is solid and heavy and not cheap plastic. It may be early, but I feel like Stern tried harder to make sure things go right with this pin. Hope I am right.

It should be a good earner. Let us know how it does.

#2465 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks fantastic! How do you like it so far?

Only put 3-4 games on it so far, but happy to share first impressions. It's fun. Not a dud. The new display is a revelation. Animations get an "A". Sound quality is noticeably better. Top notch art package, better than Metallica. Plays fast, especially the scoop kick out and the ramps. Great ramps. Right ramp is tight, just like Kiss and TFTC, which I like, and you can backhand it. The lock shot is a little tight as well, but is gifted to you on occasion from the pops. No cheap drains except occasional magnet toss SDTM. Magnets are random by nature, so I see no problem there. Somewhat forgiving with a right outlane ball save. Ball lock, toy box and multiball start are excellent. Default Replay and Extra Ball settings are too easy I think. I'll be adjusting them upward. Looks and plays like Met and Kiss had a baby, but plays better than Kiss and no wood chopping like Metallica. Don't know yet if it has depth and legs like Metallica. Easier and more approachable than GB and TWD, but not as long-playing as SM. I'd say "just right" in that department. All-in-all very positive first impression. It will overtake SMVE as my new best earner, I'm sure. The only thing I can't tell yet is if I'll get bored of it after 50-100 plays, or if I'll keep wanting more. For now I am definitely wanting more. The first paid customer, a league player, was still going after 10 games straight, which is a good sign.

P.s. The clown's face paint is UV reactive and looks spooky and bad ass under black light! Some of the inserts are UV reactive as well.

Hope that info is helpful.

#2466 7 years ago

Only put 3-4 games on it so far, but happy to share first impressions. It's fun. Not a dud. The new display is a revelation. Animations get an "A". Sound quality is noticeably better. Top notch art package, better than Metallica. Plays fast, especially the scoop kick out and the ramps. Great ramps. Right ramp is tight, just like Kiss and TFTC, which I like, and you can backhand it. The lock shot is a little tight as well, but is gifted to you on occasion from the pops. No cheap drains except occasional magnet toss SDTM. Magnets are random by nature, so I see no problem there. Somewhat forgiving with a right outlane ball save. Ball lock, toy box and multiball start are excellent. Default Replay and Extra Ball settings are too easy I think. I'll be adjusting them upward. Looks and plays like Met and Kiss had a baby, but plays better than Kiss and no wood chopping like Metallica. Don't know yet if it has depth and legs like Metallica. Easier and more approachable than GB and TWD, but not as long-playing as SM. I'd say "just right" in that department. All-in-all very positive first impression. It will overtake SMVE as my new best earner, I'm sure. The only thing I can't tell yet is if I'll get bored of it after 50-100 plays, or if I'll keep wanting more. For now I am definitely wanting more. The first paid customer, a league player, was still going after 10 games straight, which is a good sign.
P.s. The clown's face paint is UV reactive and looks spooky and bad ass under black light! Some of the inserts are UV reactive as well.
Hope that info is helpful.

Great review .......thank you!

#2467 7 years ago

Ordering a Premium today! This wasn't on my radar, but got a chance to play the Pro and really enjoyed it. Was surprised, as when this was first announced I was a definite 'no order'. My collection is mostly music pins so I should've been a Day 1 guy, but held off due to issues with playfields, etc. Hoping the cabinet issue doesn't bite me on my order.

#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Ordering a Premium today! This wasn't on my radar, but got a chance to play the Pro and really enjoyed it. Was surprised, as when this was first announced I was a definite 'no order'. My collection is mostly music pins so I should've been a Day 1 guy, but held off due to issues with playfields, etc. Hoping the cabinet issue doesn't bite me on my order.

Same here, I thought this pin would be worse than WWE! What a pleasant surprise.

#2469 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, I thought this pin would be worse than WWE! What a pleasant surprise.

Why would you think it would be worse than WWE ? Not even close with any part of the design. Layout , artwork , shots...etc

#2470 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Why would you think it would be worse than WWE ? Not even close with any part of the design. Layout , artwork , shots...etc

Because I had no idea what the design and layout and artwork was going to be like when they first announced the game and I thought it was a weak theme.

#2471 7 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

AS would look awesome next to your Kiss, MET and GnR. Wow!!

#2472 7 years ago

Crazy thought.... think anyone would trade an AS LE for an AC/DC premium?

#2473 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

AS being new may be hard to find someone looking to trade right now but maybe later on you could find someone possibly?

#2474 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS being new may be hard to find someone looking to trade right now but maybe later on you could find someone possibly?

Funny, I'm contemplating trading my ACDC Prem for an AS pro and some cash............ very tempting.

#2475 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I'm contemplating trading my ACDC Prem for an AS pro and some cash

I think our AC/DC days are numbered... Plenty of time to figure things out though.

#2476 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Funny, I'm contemplating trading my ACDC Prem for an AS pro and some cash............ very tempting.

I did the same, sold my ACDC Premium & bought the AS pro ... oh, & put the extra $1200. I got for the AC/DC back into AS mods, including custom armour, Joe Perry mini guitars, shooter rod, shaker & upgraded Flipper Fidelity speakers. This ones a keeper. Best decision I ever made!

#2477 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I did the same, sold my ACDC Premium & bought the AS pro ... oh, & put the extra $1200. I got for the AC/DC back into AS mods, including custom armour, Joe Perry mini guitars, shooter rod, shaker & upgraded Flipper Fidelity speakers. This ones a keeper. Best decision I ever made!

Really? I thought AC/DC was suppose to be like Sterns best ever? Are you saying that you like AS better than AC/DC Premium? I'm getting my AS today...can't wait.

#2478 7 years ago

OK, so two node boards, one solenoid, one roll over connector repair later, and my new AE PRO is finally playing 100%. It is no longer a shinny paper weight in my game room. Whoop Whoop! So far a really fun game. No second thoughts on getting this one. I can't complain about Stern's Customer Support, though it was frustrating to have so many out-of-the-box component failures.

Hey btw, regarding Aerosmith, they still get a LOT of airplay/exposure through the Rock N Roller Coaster at Disney. That's some heavy PR that makes them appealable to the subsequent generations. I don't think this was lost on Stern when they moved the Aerosmith project forward.

Cy

#2479 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really? I thought AC/DC was suppose to be like Sterns best ever? Are you saying that you like AS better than AC/DC Premium? I'm getting my AS today...can't wait.

I have both and can safely say AC/DC is still king in that realm. AS is fun but would need a WHOLE lot more code wise to be better than AC/DC. Layout of both are good but AC/DC is classic fan layout and works to perfection.

#2480 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I have both and can safely say AC/DC is still king in that realm. AS is fun but would need a WHOLE lot more code wise to be better than AC/DC. Layout of both are good but AC/DC is classic fan layout and works to perfection.

Ive always heard great things about AC/DC Premium but never had the chance to play one. I did get to play one game on a Pro once and it was sweet.

#2481 7 years ago

Me to. Sold my ACDC Prem and got AS Pro and have no regrets at all. I had Acdc for a year and a half and enjoyed it but it was time with the bump in price to them in the past 6 months. Acdc was good but I had the same type of game on it again and again. AS is more fun to me. $2500 is in my pocket for the next game.

#2482 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

don't get me wrong, I really like AC/DC & kinda already miss it, but heard Stern's coming out with a VE edition in 2019, so I'll wait for the new LCD version & layout. And ... absolutely, IMHO if would say, hands f'en down, AS is way more fun! The shear thrill of working up to get a 6-ball multi-ball with that killer Jacky toy box feature, blows any feature on AC/DC all day long.

#2483 7 years ago

Yeah AC/DC is by far no Aerosmith; the biggest difference being the shots on Aerosmith are way better where as ACDC is just a retooled T2

#2484 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Don't think it will ever happen and I own both.

ASLE is VERY,VERY,VERY FUN!!!

#2485 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

The shear thrill of working up to get a 6-ball multi-ball with that killer Jacky toy box feature, blows any feature on AC/DC all day long.

Sort of the same risk/reward as holding off starting Tour, Jam and Album multiball until all are lit. But no doubt that is a cool feature of Aerosmith, and the more balls the better.

#2486 7 years ago

AS pro been in the house for a week now , gotta say that after 24 years of collecting pins, it's the most fun I've ever had playing a pin . I am the collector that enjoys refurbishing pins as much or more than playing. I don't participate in tournaments or take playing too seriously. All the talk about code doesn't really appeal to me, I just want to drink a beer and try to beat my wife's high scores that she puts up on the games . I try to complete modes and such but not obsessive with the game strategy . I typically play a half dozen games a week in my game room, and go through spells where I play more , and sometimes might not play for a few weeks . Aerosmith is by far the most fun game I've ever had. I can't tell you how I will feel in a year about the same songs over and over, but the shots and gameplay will probably still have me interested in this game. I'm still not tired of golden earrings' twilight zone song after 18 years with my TZ . Stern hit it out of the park with this game, the art, the design, the light show, the toys, and the new display is all superb , way to go stern! BTW, I'm an a automotive clearcoat technical sales rep , and the clear finish on this pf is excellent, way better than my expectations, thank God, cause I was concerned about that . Time will tell, but for now I could not be happier. If your on the fence , find one to play , pretty sure you will be making a phone call to a stern dist.
Let's hope the new electronics hold up like my 30 year old WMS games
PS :The back box is frigging empty . I mean , funny looking , could fit it all in a lunch box
JP

#2487 7 years ago

Stern, if your listening , move the damn switch back to where it belongs ! My pins ,like many others ,are crammed together an inch apart, if I squeeze in to power it on my belt buckle will scratch the cabinet if not careful and is a pain in the ass to get to anyways. Other than that - good job !
JP

#2488 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah AC/DC is by far no Aerosmith; the biggest difference being the shots on Aerosmith are way better where as ACDC is just a retooled T2

absolutely, the ramps just feel way smoother on AS. Awesome making the back-hand shot to "lock" balls.

I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive, ordering AS Pro back in January, sight unseen. However, it's been here for 3 weeks now & I just cannot stop playing it! I wasn't even like that when I got my MET Premium. Just a killer pin! Anyone on the fence about buying AS ... go for it, worth every penny!

#2489 7 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Stern, if your listening , move the damn switch back to where it belongs ! My pins ,like many others ,are crammed together an inch apart, if I squeeze in to power it on my belt buckle will scratch the cabinet if not careful and is a pain in the ass to get to anyways. Other than that - good job !
JP

Agree, it is a dumb cost savings move. It's already hard to stomach today's NIB prices but hey lets make it worse by making it difficult to turn the game on, lol.

#2490 7 years ago

JP

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree, it is a dumb cost savings move. It's already hard to stomach today's NIB prices but hey lets make it worse by making it difficult to turn the game on, lol.

Yup,crappy move Stern !

#2491 7 years ago

Got my game set up and got to spend some time on it. The game is gorgeous, definitely one of Sterns best looking pins ever. The lcd is awesome as is the sound and light show too. Dont know exactly what im doing yet but its fun trying to complete the modes but im not having much luck at it because you dont get much time to make all the shots and it seems like it doesn't save your progress and makes you start all over? Im not on the new code yet, it shipped with the original code so I have to update that. Does anyone know what the new update added?

Maybe its just me but does anyone else think the clear coat on this pin is superior to recent playfields? It sure looks that way to me. So far im having fun and it is addictive and has some very nice feeling shots. I dont think this pin is going to be as good as my TWD, GB Premium, or probably even my GOT, but its fun as hell and I believe its going to be a keeper for sure! It gives my lineup something a little different seems like and that's a good thing. Everything worked great right out of the box and the game is beautiful, props to Stern on making yet another great game!

#2492 7 years ago

Are the premiums shipping? Looking for reviews of the artwork on the premium compared to the pro and LE.

#2493 7 years ago

JP

I would try to stand in front of the game and lean over the lockdown bar. I think most should be able to reach the switch that way.

#2494 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Got my game set up and got to spend some time on it. The game is gorgeous, definitely one of Sterns best looking pins ever. The lcd is awesome as is the sound and light show too. Dont know exactly what im doing yet but its fun trying to complete the modes but im not having much luck at it because you dont get much time to make all the shots and it seems like it doesn't save your progress and makes you start all over? Im not on the new code yet, it shipped with the original code so I have to update that. Does anyone know what the new update added?
Maybe its just me but does anyone else think the clear coat on this pin is superior to recent playfields? It sure looks that way to me. So far im having fun and it is addictive and has some very nice feeling shots. I dont think this pin is going to be as good as my TWD, GB Premium, or probably even my GOT, but its fun as hell and I believe its going to be a keeper for sure! It gives my lineup something a little different seems like and that's a good thing. Everything worked great right out of the box and the game is beautiful, props to Stern on making yet another great game!

I purposely don't dig into rules and strategies on day one. I like to have the basics and then slowly learn rules and strategies over time. Just me.

I do know that Crank it Up will give you more time on the modes if you hit the scoop while it is lit.

#2495 7 years ago

I purposely don't dig into rules and strategies on day one. I like to have the basics and then slowly learn rules and strategies over time. Just me.
I do know that Crank it Up will give you more time on the modes if you hit the scoop while it is lit.

Yes I noticed that too about crank it up. Kinda looks like you can do it one time per mode maybe. Trying to complete the modes is challenging and fun, Im just not having much success yet at doing it. The game is really nice though for sure.

#2496 7 years ago

if you never seem to complete a mode you can increase mode times in settings. Factory is 30 seconds. 40 seconds didn't seem to help me at all but I really stink at pinball.

#2497 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

if you never seem to complete a mode you can increase mode times in settings. Factory is 30 seconds. 40 seconds didn't seem to help me at all but I really stink at pinball.

Lol I guess I stink too because I'm not completing many either.

#2498 7 years ago

I've had my LE about 1 week. I haven't had a machine at home for about 5-6 years. Last machines I had were Family Guy, POTC, Sopranos, WPT, and a few others along the way. Had to sell the collection because the wife demanded the living room back. Well, I just finished the basement and couldnt think of a better pin to christen the new game room. My feelings on this game echo most of the positive reviews here so I won't rehash what others have already said. Needless to say I am loving this machine. Installed a few mods, plastic protectors, trough light, stern topper, plunger, side art, pin cup, and a few others. No issues so far, couldn't be happier with this pin. Sorry for the picture quality, havent had a chance to take the glass off use my Nikon.

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0724 (resized).JPGIMG_0724 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPGIMG_0725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0726 (resized).JPGIMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0727 (resized).JPGIMG_0727 (resized).JPG

#2499 7 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

I've had my LE about 1 week. I haven't had a machine at home for about 5-6 years. Last machines I had were Family Guy, POTC, Sopranos, WPT, and a few others along the way. Had to sell the collection because the wife demanded the living room back. Well, I just finished the basement and couldnt think of a better pin to christen the new game room. My feelings on this game echo most of the positive reviews here so I won't rehash what others have already said. Needless to say I am loving this machine. Installed a few mods, plastic protectors, trough light, stern topper, plunger, side art, pin cup, and a few others. No issues so far, couldn't be happier with this pin. Sorry for the picture quality, havent had a chance to take the glass off use my Nikon.

Question.... The custom shooter rod, isn't it difficult to gauge the skill shop with an odd shaped rod end like the Aerosmith one?

#2500 7 years ago

Is this the first game where stern went with a surface mounted start button?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 12.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/50?hl=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.