You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 84.
#201 4 years ago

I'm interested in Aerosmith pin idea. If they include an lcd display then it really opens it up. Aerosmith being an old school band has lots of good albums rather than single songs. If they did modes for albums and changed the color scheme to match the album art work. That would be cool. Plus play the best selections off that album. Of course skip draw the line and done with mirrors. No live shit. And I really like to see music off nine life's and get a grip album. Just push play has a few good tracks.
Time to drop the needle on some vinyl.
Since my wife has a Aerosmith tat as long as it's good I'm probably in.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Prince memorial pinball

For one penny less than twenty dollars there’s already a CD available with all of Prince’s greatest hits and best songs, so you can party like it’s $19.99

#203 4 years ago

Maybe Aerosmith with LCD will be like Wrestlemania on Spike? A game to test new tech.

#204 4 years ago

Im in for an Aerosmith Pin!

1 month later
#205 3 years ago

I heard that Aerosmith will have an elevator mech to coincide with "Love in an Elevator" song. Once you lock two balls the elevator will descend under the play field while a magnet draws the two balls towards each other and then away in three pulses (to coincide with the song). Multiball will start after the elevator goes under the play field and then ejects them out of a scoop hole towards the player.

Okay, I didn't hear that. But I bet neither did many of the others who keep posting they know so I wanted to join in on the game.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Maybe Aerosmith with LCD will be like Wrestlemania on Spike? A game to test new tech.

If it is a deal breaker would be boing but concert footage. Seen them live a few times but still like the original recordings the best. Hate live and rerecorded hits albums.
FortyTwo

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

If it is a deal breaker would be boing but concert footage. Seen them live a few times but still like the original recordings the best. Hate live and rerecorded hits albums.
FortyTwo

Really? Live music is on the only way to experience it IMO.

#208 3 years ago

The last great Aerosmith album was draw the line. I have seen Aerosmith in concert a few times and I wasn't impressed. I really dont' see how this is going to to be a good machine.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I hope it replaces the DMD and looks similar to TBL.

#210 3 years ago

I saw Aerosmith once and thought they were pretty good. Would they make a good pinball theme? IMO no!

#211 3 years ago

I think people may be making the mistake of under estimating this game. I remember when Metallica was a rumor and people were looking past it and thinking it would be another geriatric band theme with photoshopped art and looking forward to Star Trek which was supposed to blow everyone away with its technology and Steve Ritchie design. It's a similar year with SR supposedly designing Star Wars. Aerosmith has the same exact team as Metallica. It wouldn't surprise me if this game was basically a sequel to Metallica and feautured similar art and characters including Sparky. It would basically be like Scared Stiff in relation to Party Monsters. The band is secondary and serves as the soundtrack for the game just as Metallica did on their game. Aerosmith also has the advantage of having an LCD display. With all this being said I could be totally wrong and it could just be a lame geriatric band pin but I think after the success of Metallica Stern hopefully learned a thing or two and will stick to that formula.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think people may be making the mistake of ...

... spending so much time posting on a thread when we haven't even seen any details of the actual game?

Some of you need to get a grip.

#213 3 years ago

I agree MikeS.

People here have REALLY short memories. Nobody gave a rat's ass about Metallica... until they saw it.

Aerosmith - with trippy 70's Dirty Donnie art and the first LCD - would have all the haters whipping out their wallets.

#214 3 years ago

I couldn't have an Aerosmith pin in my home. theyre too cheesy.

#215 3 years ago

Individual tastes in music, like all art, will always be subjective. There are a ton of subjective lists out there that rank Aerosmith in the top of whatever topic they are talking about. There's also some objective things to look at when considering a band. By almost any objective measure, Aerosmith has been one of the most successful bands of all time...either in the studio with album sales, or touring live.

Here's a few examples:

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/entertainment/10-highest-earning-bands-of-all-time/

Top touring artists since 1990

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6099232/top-live-artists-touring-grosses-rolling-stones

This is my opinion. You generally don't last as long as they have and built the following they have, without being a great live band and putting out lots of music over decades that people love. You may not care for their sound, but they do what they do really well. Stephen Tyler is considered by many to have one of the best rock voices ever and be one of the best frontmen of all time. Joe Perry has influenced a ton of guitar players.

It's blues based rock and roll. It's Chuck Berry turned up to 11. It's one of the best American Rock bands of all time. In my opinion, their music fits pinball perfectly.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I couldn't have an Aerosmith pin in my home. theyre too cheesy.

If I had a dollar for everyone that's mentioned that they bought Metallica despite not liking the band I'd probably be at least a hundred aire by now! I think the same thing will apply to Aerosmith. When people see great artwork, a feature packed playfield and stellar rules they will be willing to overlook not liking the band and buy one.

#217 3 years ago

This could be the greatest year of Pinball in the history of Mankind...
1) Ghostbusters
2) Aerosmith?
3) Back to the Future?

*Personal Opinions*

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

People here have REALLY short memories. Nobody gave a rat's ass about Metallica... until they saw it.

A lot of people also already had a huge hatred for the band (constant fighting between members, had to hire a counselor just to keep the band touring... NAPSTER). Oh wait, colorful art, metal ramps, lots to shoot for including a bobblehead? I'm in!

#219 3 years ago

The being a bobble head for recording studios for napster is what turned me off the band.
But Aerosmith I have seen 4 times in concert twice during their 9 life's tour. How many bands can have successfull album and tours for decades.

Cheesy. Ha. Ha. Don't make me laugh. About three months ago I read a forum about the new possibily ghostbusters pin. To quote "I watched the movies with my child and was embarrassed by it. I had to apologize". Apparently cheesy done and tacky. Where is this guy now. Who knows. Playing his new ghostbusters...

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I agree MikeS.
Aerosmith - with trippy 70's Dirty Donnie art and the first LCD - would have all the haters whipping out their wallets.

And Borg and Lyman

#221 3 years ago

Same team that brought us Metallica Lyman, Borg and dirty Donnie my bet is Aerosmith kicks azz

#222 3 years ago
#223 3 years ago

The more I think about it, if they stick with mostly Get Your Wings, Toys in The Attic, and Rocks, then it might be the most listenable track list of any of the music pins they have done recently. Even though old and outdated, still no more than any of the others.

If it's heavy on that 80s "Lets make some money while we still can" stuff, it won't be very good IMO.

#224 3 years ago

We don't even know if this is the next title. But this topic is still a great commentary and analysis on people's thoughts regarding pinball theme choices.

Like 'em or hate 'em, Aerosmith is one of those bands where if you hear a song, you know immediately that it's them. For whatever reason, their music is very popular in movie soundtracks and advertisements. The average person on the street is going to recognize more Aerosmith songs in general than they would KISS, Metallica or Iron Maiden.

#225 3 years ago

I like Aerosmith but next Stern is Motley crue with dirty donny Art .

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I like Aerosmith but next Stern is Motley crue with dirty donny Art .

And I would be cheering. Motley Crue - codenamed Aerosmith. Haha

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We don't even know if this is the next title.

Yeah. it's supposed to be announced the day after Hendrix and Maiden.

#228 3 years ago

It'd be great if they made a game with people that can actually play their instruments, I vote for Motorhead. R.I.P. Lemmy.

#229 3 years ago

Aerosmith pin will turn out to be a good game for another Maiden project!

#230 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#231 3 years ago

She needs better fitting underwear. She has split her arse curtains.

#232 3 years ago

So does anybody really know what the next title will be in the Stern grandpas of rock series?

#233 3 years ago

From this pic stern posted Its Motley crue for sûre !

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So does anybody really know what the next title will be in the Stern grandpas of rock series?

Grandpas of rock? I'm guessing you'd like to see Justin Bieber?

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Grandpas of rock? I'm guessing you'd like to see Justin Bieber?

Not quite. You guys with your analogies crack me up. There was bubble gum pop when the grandpas were rocking too.

In Canada don't they let you listen to any modern rock? Or is Bieber all you got.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In Canada don't they let you listen to any modern rock? Or is Bieber all you got.

We sent Beiber to the US... Sorry no refunds

#237 3 years ago

Darn.

2 weeks later
#238 3 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

We sent Beiber to the US... Sorry no refunds

We don't want a refund. We just want to give him back. We have enough real thugs without your little pussy wannabe

#239 3 years ago

This is funny....U.S guys are certain that the next game is Aerosmith and the Aussie guys keep saying it's Iron Maiden. Very interesting!

#240 3 years ago

I'm sure it's been said but love in a elevator would be a cool ball lock going up and down like the snake ball lock in Metallica

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I'm sure it's been said but love in a elevator would be a cool ball lock going up and down like the snake ball lock in Metallica

I'm just looking forward to Steven Tyler's big mouth in glorious colour. The rest is icing on the cake. Isn't that what we all want? Guys? Guys......?

#242 3 years ago

Come on. Everyone knows it's going to be Neil Diamond. Gary Stern is not only a huge fan of his music, but also his hair style.

Screenshot_20160621-082228_(resized).png

Screenshot_20160621-082404_(resized).png

#243 3 years ago

Steve Tyler announced Aerosmith farewell tour on howard stern show per blabermouth.net today. Starts in 2017 but no end date go figure.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Only if there is a glory hole in the coin box.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Only if there is a glory hole in the coin box.

On the bright side, it could be re-themed as Steel Panther.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

This is funny....U.S guys are certain that the next game is Aerosmith and the Aussie guys keep saying it's Iron Maiden. Very interesting!

I do not belive it's Aerosmith

US Guy here

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Steve Tyler announced Aerosmith farewell tour on howard stern show per blabermouth.net today. Starts in 2017 but no end date go figure.

Joe Perry clarified things a bit after Stevens comments saying they had talked about that for 5 years but nothing has been decided and they might go into the studio and record more as well. A farewell tour would certainly qualify as a big event to release a pin with.

#248 3 years ago

Who cares what it is as long as it is fun to play...

Personally, I try not to have to many "theme hang-ups". I see those who dismiss based on theme as shallow thinkers. Pinball is so much more than a theme. But as always...to each their own....

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Who cares what it is as long as it is fun to play...
Personally, I try not to have to many "theme hang-ups". I see those who dismiss based on theme as shallow thinkers. Pinball is so much more than a theme. But as always...to each their own....

Sometimes. For me GOT was a theme game killer. I don't even play it for free and can't tell you the shots. I hate constantly being asked what "house" I want. Not knowing what they mean and always stopping game play. In a noisy show I stand there for a few seconds waiting for a ball to launch. Because you don't hear the audio as easily.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Joe Perry clarified things a bit after Stevens comments saying they had talked about that for 5 years but nothing has been decided and they might go into the studio and record more as well. A farewell tour would certainly qualify as a big event to release a pin with.

That was the first time he said it, this is now the second time it come up. As long as it's a hit. I still think it's Motley Crue followed by Iron Maiden next year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside