You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 84.
#2401 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sorry but they play way different and don't feel anything alike

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you think its a keeper for the home environment? Also do you think its as good as MET?

That I dont know yet. I had planned on buying making mods then letting it go for star wars or iron maiden but the game is solid and the music reminds me of high school days...we will see. It might find a spot on my rock wall...acdc gnr met elvis aerosmith ...humm

#2402 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wow musketd , you are just so obsessed with this pin. That's ok as we each have our own tastes. I agree with the others that have posted for months here that it is extremely similar to the KISS layout in many ways, KISS base code, similarities in some of the multi-ball code ideas to Mustang, some other similarities to MET. Does AS do the entire package better than those? Definitely better than KISS and Mustang IMO. Yes, we have played AS. My wife and I might buy either an AS or MET, but definitely not both as they are too similar too each other. AS is a good, fun game and so is MET. I'm watching reviews on AS to see if it will hold interest (longevity) with owners other than those that are obsessed with it. The reviews that just bash it I ignore. AS may win out for the purchase as we like the music and LCD better than MET.

The only games I currently have are Met and AS (owned several modern Sterns in the past) and they compliment each other very well. I don't feel like they are the same game at all. Met is a little deeper, but I actually think AS is more fun to play. I'm very happy with both games and neither will be going anywhere for a while. It would be a tough choice if I had to choose, but right now I'd lean toward AS. It could be the new factor, but time will tell. My family also seems to appreciate AS more, which is a plus.

It's just a great package overall, especially the Pro model.

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just postulating openly...
Rob

Whatever. Point is that almost all of Borg's Stern games are kind of similar. That doesn't make them a "re-theme". SMVE was a re-theme. Shrek was a re-theme. AS is similar to a lot of Borg's games. Shrug.

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I don't feel like they are the same game at all.

I totally agree with this. I own a MET pro and it's not going anywhere. Just ordered a AS pro, and plan on keeping them together for quite a while. Time will tell on the AS. I have only played an AS a few times, but I definitely don't think they play the same, very different rules.

#2405 2 years ago

Code idea:

I'd like to see another mini-wizard mode added associated with the x multipliers. It could start once you get all of them. Maybe the mode could involve hitting a specific x multiplier shot then that lights the lock a ball in the chest going all the way up to six.

Stern make it happen!!!!

#2406 2 years ago

It definitely needs something more. I really hope there is more code to come. That's the only thing that worries me at this point. It's pretty linear as it stands now.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

It definitely needs something more. I really hope there is more code to come. That's the only thing that worries me at this point. It's pretty linear as it stands now.

You should be worried. History is not on the side of AS for updates. I don't think this is a home game for any kind of decent player, but I bet it earns really well on route, just like KISS. Almost tempted to talk the OP I help into putting one out.

#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You should be worried

Well, I am NOT that worried. It would be nice if there was more coming, but if it was never updated again, I would still like it. Besides, if I don't care for it after a while, I will just sell it. No big deal.

#2409 2 years ago

Was at my buddies place today playing his AS Pro. Question. I noticed when trying to cycle the lights between the middle left inlane, the one to the right of it, and the right inlane, the lights don't cycle through to light up the letters. It only cycles on the left side. Seems odd to me.

#2410 2 years ago

Got to play AS at PAPA a few times and absolutely loved it. Toybox feature and large color display are winners. I love the "dude looks like a lady" individual dancing animations as well. Good fun.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was at my buddies place today playing his AS Pro. Question. I noticed when trying to cycle the lights between the middle left inlane, the one to the right of it, and the right inlane, the lights don't cycle through to light up the letters. It only cycles on the left side. Seems odd to me.

Yeah, that's normal. It doesn't cycle all the lane inserts like a typical game.

#2412 2 years ago

The LCD is a game changer for Stern.

They have done a great job with the display.

#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

That's right, the left and right side are separate. I like it that way, a little tougher to get bonus multipliers.

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Thanks Skill!

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

2. The ramp setup have you played either title?

I owned a KISS pro.

Quoted from musketd:

6. Comparing the star child area to the toybox is just plain dumb. Starchild area just flat out sucks and well the toybox is probably the coolest toy ever that stern has ever put in one of its titles.

It's in the same area - that was my ONLY comparison. Yes, I agree the toybox lock is more fun than the starchild area.

Quoted from musketd:

As far as time and budget constraints really Aerosmith is the best pro stern has put out since Metallica

It's a good game, no denying that. But, you seemed to take my comments as if it wasn't a good game and that wasn't my intent.

Rob

#2416 2 years ago

I played this game at MGC... I had very low expectations and figured that I would not even want to finish the first game.... Boy was I wrong. This game is a blast especially in the Pro version. That mini playfield on the Prem just seems awkward. I had a blast playing this game and would consider picking one up. I put several games in on the Pro and one on the Prem (I'll pass in that case). That toy chest trick is super cool and the LCD animations are top notch.

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD is a game changer for Stern.
They have done a great job with the display.

And putting color changing LED's on the pro model also is a game changer IMO.

#2418 2 years ago

Great changes indeed and I love it but I will be waiting 6 months or more ,there is no rush cause for me
Playing rules ( codes ) is the most important for a home game.

#2419 2 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

That's right, the left and right side are separate. I like it that way, a little tougher to get bonus multipliers.

Same as Transformers ?

#2420 2 years ago

Anyone print the rule cards that McLean posted in this thread yet?
If so what program did you use and what settings to get them to size?
I am used to the ones that are a .pdf that print actual size. These do not.

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Anyone print the rule cards that McLean posted in this thread yet?
If so what program did you use and what settings to get them to size?
I am used to the ones that are a .pdf that print actual size. These do not.

I had to put the file into Photoshop and resize it.

#2422 2 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

Could you post the finished and correct size?

#2423 2 years ago

I don't know, never played a Transformers.

#2425 2 years ago

Tomorrow is the day I pick my Pro up! Cant wait!

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Wow musketd , you are just so obsessed with this pin.

He rated TOM a 9.6, and WOZ a 6.3.

Hard to take his analysis seriously.

I was seriously interested in ordering this machine, but anybody who thinks TOM is better than WOZ, that makes me re-think such a decision.

#2427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

He rated ToM a 9.6, and WOZ a 6.3.
Hard to take his analysis seriously.

The WoZ I can agree with. TOM is almost as bad though.

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I sold my acdc and AS is the surprise replacement after I played it a lot at TPF. So what are you thinking?

#2429 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I sold my acdc and AS is the surprise replacement after I played it a lot at TPF. So what are you thinking?

I'm just getting back a little money out of my collection. I might replace the ACDC Premium with a Gottlieb Dodge City and use the leftover cash for things outside of pinball.

#2430 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This really underlines the importance of having "pinball 'movie critics'" that people can align their tastes with.

Because if you think WOZ is as bad as TOM, your taste in pinball does NOT jive with my own.

Me personally, all I care about is gameplay. The theme is secondary to whether or not the game is interesting, challenging and fun to play. If it's a good theme, that's a cherry on top. If people can't get past the theme to appreciate the gameplay, that's not pinball..... that's advertising and marketing.

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

This really underlines the importance of having "pinball 'movie critics'" that people can align their tastes with.
Because if you think WOZ is as bad as TOM, your taste in pinball does NOT jive with my own.

Both of those games are great. Why would anyone use "as bad as" to describe either one.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Both of those games are great. Why would anyone use "as bad as" to describe either one.

They are great games in entirely different ways. (TOM is a great game in the context of 1995 when it was made). Which further confounds the notion that anybody would say they both suck.

But in the area of depth and gameplay, WOZ is light years ahead of TOM. TOM is a very shallow, repetitive game. It has nice flow and a great theme and art set, but it's not very challenging from a pinball play standpoint. WOZ is not only a work of art, but a very well balanced and challenging game with a lot going on. It's hard to take anybody seriously who doesn't recognize the value of that game in the pinball pantheon. If anybody can explain to be why the game sucks in any rational way, I'd be interested in hearing it.

#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

If people can't get past the theme to appreciate the gameplay, that's not pinball..... that's advertising and marketing.

Its the clunky playfield and no satisfying shots that make the gameplay boring to me and doesn't drag me back. The terrible theme is just the turd on the top. For TOM, I actually like the theme. I have owned almost all of the 90s WMS games and that one was near the bottom. Not a big Jpop fan in general.

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Its the clunky playfield and no satisfying shots that make the gameplay boring to me and doesn't drag me back. The terrible theme is just the turd on the top. For TOM, I actually like the theme. I have owned almost all of the 90s WMS games and that one was near the bottom. Not a big Jpop fan in general.

That's all personal feels. Not based on any objective evaluation. Hard to really qualify the value of that kind of review unless you're talking to the John_I fan club. I think this is an endemic problem with Pinside in general. Everybody has an opinion. And for some, the only justification they need is how they feel. That's one way to look at it, but it doesn't really allow anybody else to connect with your analysis and leave with any useful information, because we're not you.

When I say TOM is shallow compared to WOZ, that's more than just my opinion. It's based on empirical evidence. The ruleset for WOZ is extensive compared to TOM. The technology is much more advanced. The art package is just as good. The build quality, the creativity of toys and mechanisms, all as good if not superior to TOM. I don't feel a need to comment much on what shots I find personally satisfying, but I could list plenty on WOZ like the crystal ball, the throne room, the left orbit, the HOADC shot, the castle, the monkey lock shot, the witch hurry-up, etc...

I guess, it's hard to figure out what a game is like from various peoples' opinions because everybody's mind works differently.

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

That's all personal feels. Not based on any objective evaluation. Hard to really qualify the value of that kind of review unless you're talking to the John_I fan club. I think this is an endemic problem with Pinside in general. Everybody has an opinion. And for some, the only justification they need is how they feel. That's one way to look at it, but it doesn't really allow anybody else to connect with your analysis and leave with any useful information, because we're not you.
When I say TOM is shallow compared to WOZ, that's more than just my opinion. It's based on empirical evidence. The ruleset for WOZ is extensive compared to TOM. The technology is much more advanced. The art package is just as good. The build quality, the creativity of toys and mechanisms, all as good if not superior to TOM. I don't feel a need to comment much on what shots I find personally satisfying, but I could list plenty on WOZ like the crystal ball, the throne room, the left orbit, the HOADC shot, the castle, the monkey lock shot, the witch hurry-up, etc...
I guess, it's hard to figure out what a game is like from various peoples' opinions because everybody's mind works differently.

Man you guys are all so harsh. I really like both of those games for completely different reasons. I love the theme and theme integration on TOM... also I love the trapdoor shot. WOZ as you say is very deep. I've only come close to beating it once. Also that house loop is fantastic. Both enjoyable games, just for completely different reasons.

#2436 2 years ago

I

Quoted from Blu:Man you guys are all so harsh. I really like both of those games for completely different reasons. I love the theme and theme integration on TOM... also I love the trapdoor shot. WOZ as you say is very deep. I've only come close to beating it once. Also that house loop is fantastic. Both enjoyable games, just for completely different reasons.

Agreed there much more to a pin than deep rules..... i got rid of all my deep ruled pins for games like mm, afm, mb , ss bc well .....they are just more fun to play especially if you dont like playing for 30 -45 minutes just to see a third of the game.

#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

I only have "Paint" that will resize.
Really like the cards posted here but I don't want to waste a ton of ink guessing the settings.
Anyone have them in a PDF to size already?

#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

That's all personal feels.

I buy games for me, so if I've played one more than enough to form my own opinion I really don't care what anyone else thinks. To each his own, that is what is great about pinball. Your opinion by the way is all personal feels too, just a little more detail. I could go into nauseating detail into why I don't like WOZ from the clunky playfield, horrible theme, sounds, inept GI lighting, stupid left and right outlane ball saves and even the terrible reliability and hardware design. I've had one in my gameroom for three years now and my feelings have not changed each of the many times I have tried to like it. It is owned by a friend of mine who keeps it here or it would be long gone and replaced by something me and my friends actually enjoy playing.

But I digress, because of your condescending tone... We all have our reasons for liking a game and this is an Aerosmith thread, so I figured a brief thumbs down was more appropriate than rehashing old reviews. Just to bring things back on track, I still really love Aerosmith and think it is Stern's best offering in a long while. My neighbor has been interested in picking up his first pinball for a while and wants to go NIB. I contacted him recently and let him know that AS Pro is a game he would love. Hopefully he picks one up.

#2439 2 years ago

Tomorrow is the day I pick my Pro up! Cant wait!

I expect a full report! Im 99% sure that im going to add a AS Pro to my collection also.

#2440 2 years ago

I'm getting pretty good at scaling in Gimp and then dropping the file into Microsoft publisher. Once in there you can use the rulers to make absolute sure the cards are the right size and then save as a pdf.

Print the attached at "actual size". Don't print out of the browser. Save the file and use Acrobat if possible.

Aerosmith1.pdf

#2441 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm getting pretty good at scaling in Gimp and then dropping the file into Microsoft publisher. Once in there you can use the rulers to make absolute sure the cards are the right size and then save as a pdf.
Print the attached at "actual size". Don't print out of the browser. Save the file and use Acrobat if possible.

Thanks. That worked great.

#2442 2 years ago

tom is way better then woz; for this reason alone it shoots much better then woz which is very slow and lethargic

#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

tom is way better then woz; for this reason alone it shoots much better then woz which is very slow and lethargic

Different kinds of games. ToM is a flow game. WoZ is stop and go. You can't really compare them directly as a result, but for gameplay experience, WoZ is a much better game. MUCH. ToM is just too shallow and easy to complete in a collection. I've had ToM a couple times, even making a pristine one (pictured) that I sold not long after finishing it.

ballview (resized).jpg

rollovers (resized).jpg

IMG_3683 (resized).JPG

#2444 2 years ago

Well at least we can all agree that TOM and WOZ are both great games that I personally have no desire to play anytime soon and will never own.

Bring on AS!

#2445 2 years ago
Quoted from Sanfordpk:

sorry, the original hi-res file I designed the rules cards in is way too large to send as .pdf
however, sounds like you can resize it in Gimp, so sounds like you're good to go!

#2446 2 years ago

I saw a tutorial vid w/tim sexton stating the right ramp on AS is backhandable (everytime?) even though it isn't on KISS. Can anybody tell me how this affects the game goals/strategy?

#2447 2 years ago

Yes it is backandable. But it's easier to go center ramp to left flipper then to right ramp. Not sure of any reason to backhand unless out of time on a mode. But again center ramp shot is really fast.

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I saw a tutorial vid w/tim sexton stating the right ramp on AS is backhandable (everytime?) even though it isn't on KISS. Can anybody tell me how this affects the game goals/strategy?

Right ramp is backhandable on KISS, too. Hard, but not impossible.

#2449 2 years ago

Picked up my Pro today and after a first group of plays it reminds me of a lighter, more fun Borg game. I have IM and like Borg games, but I generally battle them when I play. I get oissed at them sometimes for sure. AS is not an easy game, but I don't feel like I am in a fist fight like TWD or IM, so that is what I mean by more fun. AS doesn't piss me off. The humor could have something to do with it also. The animations are edgy but funny enough where the humor does not go to far, as in to much humor. The Jester is evil, but not really and not annoying at all. I like how he interacts with you throughout the game. Seems like Sparky that talks more. I like him.

The shots feel good on the ramps and he ball lock is great. Everyone loves the lock! Like you feel like you get rewarded seeing the ball do a trick when you lock instead of the pin just saying - "Ball 2 locked". The game plays fast. Like really fast. Learning strategies now so can't go into scoring and strategy.

The art is quite amazing and AS could have the best art of any pin ever made. Like MeT and GB are really good, some older games like Fathom are sick, but AS is better. IMHO. Once you really look at the game up close all the little details come out. Like on the translite there is a Shogun Warriors Godzilla I had as a kid with his fire tounge stuck out. Cool! The LCD is absolutely great. The animations get better as you get deeper in the game. I will not miss buying $400 color DMDs. This LCD is a lot better than a color dmd also. The music is good Pin playing music. I am 45 and had the red GH album like everyone did growing up and like Permanent Vaction and Pump and all the Alicia Silverstone videos. This pin brings me back a little. Oh and wifes seem to really like Steven Tyler and Aerosmith. The dude was on American Idol?!

Really the game just plays fun. I know I keep going back to this, but that what this pin is to me. I am liking fun pins more and more over hard or challenging and deep rules lately. And this game works for that.

Just my two cents. Give it a shot. I went into The Texas Pinfest with a ho hum attitude about AS and wanted to play the other newer games, but AS won me over. So far so good.

Oh also no issues out of the box, but I will keep an eye out. Sorry no drama. Thank goodness!

#2450 2 years ago

Picked up my Pro today and after a first group of plays it reminds me of a lighter, more fun Borg game. I have IM and like Borg games, but I generally battle them when I play. I get oissed at them sometimes for sure. AS is not an easy game, but I don't feel like I am in a fist fight like TWD or IM, so that is what I mean by more fun. AS doesn't piss me off. The humor could have something to do with it also. The animations are edgy but funny enough where the humor does not go to far, as in to much humor. The Jester is evil, but not really and not annoying at all. I like how he interacts with you throughout the game. Seems like Sparky that talks more. I like him.
The shots feel good on the ramps and he ball lock is great. Everyone loves the lock! Like you feel like you get rewarded seeing the ball do a trick when you lock instead of the pin just saying - "Ball 2 locked". The game plays fast. Like really fast. Learning strategies now so can't go into scoring and strategy.
The art is quite amazing and AS could have the best art of any pin ever made. Like MeT and GB are really good, some older games like Fathom are sick, but AS is better. IMHO. Once you really look at the game up close all the little details come out. Like on the translite there is a Shogun Warriors Godzilla I had as a kid with his fire tounge stuck out. Cool! The LCD is absolutely great. The animations get better as you get deeper in the game. I will not miss buying $400 color DMDs. This LCD is a lot better than a color dmd also. The music is good Pin playing music. I am 45 and had the red GH album like everyone did growing up and like Permanent Vaction and Pump and all the Alicia Silverstone videos. This pin brings me back a little. Oh and wifes seem to really like Steven Tyler and Aerosmith. The dude was on American Idol?!
Really the game just plays fun. I know I keep going back to this, but that what this pin is to me. I am liking fun pins more and more over hard or challenging and deep rules lately. And this game works for that.
Just my two cents. Give it a shot. I went into The Texas Pinfest with a ho hum attitude about AS and wanted to play the other newer games, but AS won me over. So far so good.
Oh also no issues out of the box, but I will keep an eye out. Sorry no drama. Thank goodness!

Glad you like you're new machine, congrats! Keep us updated on how you're liking it please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
4,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.75
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside