You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 84.
#2252 3 years ago

I got some time on AS Prem at the Ohio show. I thought I would not like it that much, but I do. I like it better than the BM66 right next to it. It played pretty good ... still some toy box misses with the box wide open, but most hit it correctly. The upper playfield was ... ok ... something more to shoot for. The playfield was a little empty in middle. Would have been better with some roll overs or a magnet target ... or something. The game play is good and I "might" buy one sometime later this year. I'll give a pro a try first and see if it fells like there is something good missing.

#2253 3 years ago

Played my friends tonight after playing a bunch of times in TX last weekend. This is a really fun game.

I think I want one.

#2254 3 years ago

Seems like the release of this game being put back has really helped it in the long run. Launching with (mostly) complete code has seen this game get an almost universal positive reaction. Perhaps a lesson to be learnt here ?

#2255 3 years ago

Never been an Aerosmith fan, thought their music was decent but ive never even bought one of their CD's.......thought this pin was a horrible theme and was going to suck......even called Steven Tyler a few bad things too

Anyway, this pin is surprisingly good and its sparked my interest a little.......ok ALOT maybe. Im also a big big 80's and classic rock fan but just always thought Aerosmith was kinda meh. So anyways sitting around having a few tonight and thought I'd check out some live Aerosmith footage on youtube and I gotta say that ive been pretty wrong all along about Steven Tyler as a singer. The dude was actually pretty bad ass and has a great set of pipes on him. I even watched some live footage from 2015-2016 and he was like 67-68 i believe and the guy is still pretty damn good.....nothing like the old days but he doesn't embarrass himself by any means on stage still today.

With how good this pin is, the killer artwork and killer light show, and the music, and the fact that the Pro model really kicks ass and is a great value.....and my new respect for Aerosmith and Steven Tyler, I dont see how I cannot add this gem to my collection! Ive definitely got some serious thinking to do folks because this is one pretty bas ass pin!

Im also going to give some credit to Stern since they get alot of sh*t from alot of people. You guys knocked it out of the mother effin park on this one guys.......job well done and thank you Gary Stern for what you have done for pinball! Yeah im buzzed but thats not the beer talking, thats real words!

Oh yeah, and chuckwurt I already know that im gonna wake up to a text today with you giving me sh*t and calling me crazy. Thats ok flame away Azzhole because I can take anything you throw at me!

#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Never been an Aerosmith fan, thought their music was decent but ive never even bought one of their CD's.......thought this pin was a horrible theme and was going to suck......even called Steven Tyler a few bad things too
Anyway, this pin is surprisingly good and its sparked my interest a little.......ok ALOT maybe.

Same here. AS was not on my radar at all, until I got to play it on TPF last week. For me it was a big surprise, because the gameplay on the videos of the machine looked nothing special and also the theme is not really for me. But the gameplay is fantastic! Also the artwork is magnificent in real life. It helps that I do not dislike the music and also my wife was an Aerosmith fan in the days, so who knows

All things said I called my distributor and there were a few LE's left. After playing the Pro and the Premium I think the upper playfield does add to the gameplay so I decided to buy an LE as the pricejump from Premium to LE is not that much and I think the artwork is so good that I wanted mirrored backglass and purple metal.

#2257 3 years ago

The ball missing the toy box is due to too high a standard setting from Stern. It can be dialed down and makes it every time.
Regardless, you get credit for the ball even if it misses.

#2258 3 years ago

I only took two set up photos.
We all had events to attend last night so we had to set it up pretty late.
But wow, this game is stunning.
The code out the box was 1.0
I had 1.03 downloaded but have not installed it yet.
The few games we played on the older code played great. Only encountered one bug where the screen got stuck on a bonus count and would not change until the next player drained a ball.
We will be streaming this game live Sunday night on our Twitch Stream. 9-11 CST.
Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

IMG_3617 (resized).JPG

IMG_3619 (resized).JPG

#2259 3 years ago

Game looks like a lot of fun but the latest code update makes it seem like gameplay won't expand much more beyohd what is already in the game. I'm just concerned that the game won't have enough staying power long term.

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks like a lot of fun but the latest code update makes it seem like gameplay won't expand much more beyohd what is already in the game. I'm just concerned that the game won't have enough staying power long term.

Just because they put out a small code update doesn't mean anything regarding future updates. The previous update was only a couple weeks ago. They probably just wanted to get the topper code out there.

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Three code updates first months yet you still bitch .Stern could have made people wait instead they put out several small updates Panzer would you like some cheese with that wine

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Three code updates first months yet you still bitch .Stern could have made people wait instead they put out several small updates Panzer would you like some cheese with that wine

Yup! There's a big difference between a bug fix update and a substantial update. I'm considering purchasing the game and therefore code support is factored into my decesion. Stern also released a small update for KISS that added topper support and then barely supported the game after that. I hope AS is different.

#2263 3 years ago

I hope they address the scoring and ball count fonts & Colors. They really get lost in the animations and seeing your score sky rocket after hitting a few key super jackpots is what i love about pinball.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hope they address the scoring and ball count fonts & Colors. They really get lost in the animations and seeing your score sky rocket after hitting a few key super jackpots is what i love about pinball.

The fonts definitely need a little adjustment, maybe let us pick from 3 or 4 different fonts in the settings, i find them hard to read when standing back away from the machine during a multi player game.

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Congrats!

I like that you make it a family affair opening a NIB, including grandma. That is awesome and I do the same thing when I open a NIB-the whole family is invited. I also like the color purple you choose for your GB, it is different and looks good. Got me thinking that a pearl turquoise with flake might be a good color for powder trim on AS Pro.

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

But wow, this game is stunning.
The code out the box was 1.0
I had 1.03 downloaded but have not installed it yet.
The few games we played on the older code played great. Only encountered one bug where the screen got stuck on a bonus count and would not change until the next player drained a ball.
We will be streaming this game live Sunday night on our Twitch Stream. 9-11 CST.
Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

Congrats. When is the next live stream?

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup! There's a big difference between a bug fix update and a substantial update. I'm considering purchasing the game and therefore code support is factored into my decesion. Stern also released a small update for KISS that added topper support and then barely supported the game after that. I hope AS is different.

I'm with you 100%. I actually assumed that the small update meant that they were putting the finishing touches on the code, and that that implied they were mostly done. Hope I'm wrong in that regard.
I've been watching some videos to see all the fuss is about. Artwork's awesome all around. The music is ok (though I like it much more than Metallica and I learned to love that game). The new monitor looks "good", but I'm no so much a fan of the graphics/style they decided to use.
In the end, I'm on the fence trying to decide whether to buy one or not.
Can one of you guys tell me a little more about the modes and shots? I get that you select a song, and each song has related shots to make. The videos I've watched don't seem to go into much detail on those though.
The main thing holding me back right now is that all I can see is that you hit the toy box, lock a ball, start a 3/4/5/6 ball multiball, and repeat. I do also understand that loops qualify locks for elevator multiball.

Can anyone help me understand what makes this pin fun? Cause it seems to be getting great reviews from anyone who's played it. I do like the open-ness of the playfield for a change.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm with you 100%. I actually assumed that the small update meant that they were putting the finishing touches on the code, and that that implied they were mostly done. Hope I'm wrong in that regard.
I've been watching some videos to see all the fuss is about. Artwork's awesome all around. The music is ok (though I like it much more than Metallica and I learned to love that game). The new monitor looks "good", but I'm no so much a fan of the graphics/style they decided to use.
In the end, I'm on the fence trying to decide whether to buy one or not.
Can one of you guys tell me a little more about the modes and shots? I get that you select a song, and each song has related shots to make. The videos I've watched don't seem to go into much detail on those though.
The main thing holding me back right now is that all I can see is that you hit the toy box, lock a ball, start a 3/4/5/6 ball multiball, and repeat. I do also understand that loops qualify locks for elevator multiball.
Can anyone help me understand what makes this pin fun? Cause it seems to be getting great reviews from anyone who's played it. I do like the open-ness of the playfield for a change.

It kicks serious ass and is pure fun I have an entire review up on another thread too

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It kicks serious ass and is pure fun I have an entire review up on another thread too

I see that you're still loving you're new Aerosmith....that's great. Now that you've played it a lot, do you think its going to be a keeper for life?

#2270 3 years ago

LE owners .... is the backglass a real mirrored screen printed backglass or more like a mirrored translite?

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I see that you're still loving you're new Aerosmith....that's great. Now that you've played it a lot, do you think its going to be a keeper for life?

It's not going anywhere it's bolted to the floor

#2272 3 years ago

Hey Musketd I see you have AC/DC and MET also, how do you rate AS compared to them? I think I remember you saying that you liked it better than AC/DC but how about AS compared to MET? I'm not talking about the music obviously, but the gameplay itself.....shots, code, fun factor etc.

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey Musketd I see you have AC/DC and MET also, how do you rate AS compared to them? I think I remember you saying that you liked it better than AC/DC but how about AS compared to MET? I'm not talking about the music obviously, but the gameplay itself.....shots, code, fun factor etc.

Gameplay it's a tie between Metallica and Aerosmith
Flow-Metallica
Toys-Aerosmith
Shots-tie
Aerosmith has some real kick ass ramps just like Metallica, but much tighter shots
The lower scoop got on Aerosmith is amazing tough shot and killer rewards.
The orbits on Aerosmith kick ass too
The TOY BOX is AMAZING as is the code it's not extremely deep but yes has a ton of stuff to do and it all flows great together

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gameplay it's a tie between Metallica and Aerosmith
Flow-Metallica
Toys-Aerosmith
Shots-tie
Aerosmith has some real kick ass ramps just like Metallica, but much tighter shots
The lower scoop got on Aerosmith is amazing tough shot and killer rewards.
The orbits on Aerosmith kick ass too
The TOY BOX is AMAZING as is the code it's not extremely deep but yes has a ton of stuff to do and it all flows great together

Agree (almost), plus the art is a seemingly impossible step up from Metallica but DD did it. Only thing slightly better on Met is in lines. Other than that AS wipes the floor with that game imho. AS is pure fun Met.... well it's a bit of a wood chopper and is missing That fun factor of Aerosmith. Met is the 1st nib I ever owned but I still don't see all the fuss behind that game.

#2275 3 years ago

Took the post out between pops. Plays so much better.added clear rubbers and colored posts.

IMG_8620 (resized).JPG

IMG_8622 (resized).JPG

IMG_8621 (resized).JPG

IMG_8623 (resized).JPG

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Took the post out between pops. Plays so much better.added clear rubbers and colored posts.

We were just looking at that post between the pops today and wondering why it was even there. lol

By the way, has anyone gotten to KISS Army Multiball on this game yet?

IMG_3620 (resized).JPG

#2277 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We were just looking at that post between the pops today and wondering why it was even there. lol
By the way, has anyone gotten to KISS Army Multiball on this game yet?

That reinforces that Aerosmith is a light reskin of KISS (completely obviously from the layout), and also explains how the code had a headstart to be so far along.

And the post that was removed between the pop bumpers is there for KISS, too.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That reinforces that Aerosmith is a light reskin of KISS (completely obviously from the layout), and also explains how the code had a headstart to be so far along.
And the post that was removed between the pop bumpers is there for KISS, too.

I have owned bot and Aerosmith rules are way better then kiss it's not even close

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have owned bot and Aerosmith rules are way better then kiss it's not even close

Something I was wondering and thinking about, were people raving about how good Kiss was when it first came out like people are about Aerosmith? It seems like most people are complaining about Kiss now, just wonder if Aerosmith could turn into the same thing? I hear the playfield layout is similar? I don't know anything about Kiss really. I've only played it a few times and it didn't appeal to me much (first impressions) but I'm not saying it's a bad game because I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm sure if I spent more time on it I'd probably like it.

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Just because they put out a small code update doesn't mean anything regarding future updates. The previous update was only a couple weeks ago. They probably just wanted to get the topper code out there.

I remember the topper code release for KISS was like the 'KISS Of Death' for that game. It was a long time before another update was made available. So when I saw that this was basically a topper code release, I wondered.....

Rob

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Something I was wondering and thinking about, were people raving about how good Kiss was when it first came out like people are about Aerosmith? It seems like most people are complaining about Kiss now, just wonder if Aerosmith could turn into the same thing? I hear the playfield layout is similar? I don't know anything about Kiss really. I've only played it a few times and it didn't appeal to me much (first impressions) but I'm not saying it's a bad game because I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm sure if I spent more time on it I'd probably like it.

The toybox is a thousand times more fun looking than any of the toys on KISS. Not having a big Gene head is also a plus.. One of the areas where AS totally destroys KISS is in the display. KISS never had good dots and some don't seem quite finished.

Rob

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am very hard on code for stern and I'm usually on their case; not with this game it is awesome right out of the gate. Really their best game in a long long time; probably since Metallica.
Toy Box multiball is awesome get 6 balls going and then start hitting your shots and then ohh wait let's re lock 2 balls back in the toy box for triple scoring then get your multipliers lit for 2 x shot and go for the super jackpot to really get your score rocking. Hopefully you just cranked up a mode like walk this way too before you got that toybox rocking ohh wait your not done because you can also get a super mode lit too in the process; that's how bad azz the rules are in Aerosmith; it really is LONNIES MASTERPIECE
Love in elevator mball is well just very slick and bad azz also and pretty hard to get too.
This game is SICK at the price point too it is way better then all the other overpriced stuff out there.

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am very hard on code for stern and I'm usually on their case; not with this game it is awesome right out of the gate. Really their best game in a long long time; probably since Metallica.
Toy Box multiball is awesome get 6 balls going and then start hitting your shots and then ohh wait let's re lock 2 balls back in the toy box for triple scoring then get your multipliers lit for 2 x shot and go for the super jackpot to really get your score rocking. Hopefully you just cranked up a mode like walk this way too before you got that toybox rocking ohh wait your not done because you can also get a super mode lit too in the process; that's how bad azz the rules are in Aerosmith; it really is LONNIES MASTERPIECE
Love in elevator mball is well just very slick and bad azz also and pretty hard to get too.
This game is SICK at the price point too it is way better then all the other overpriced stuff out there.

I'm watching some gameplay from the Canadian arcade on YouTube and the game is just awesome looking and seems to be a blast. I haven't personally played one as nobody near me has one, but I've watched a lot of video and read a lot of reviews and I think I want this game in my collection.

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Have to agree that at the price point, there is zero competition. And if I were buying any pro this would be it due to the display being a million times better than red dots.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Keeper for life. Lol... This is Derek we're talking about. Great guy but I'd put the over/under at 3 months or whenever Star Wars comes out and becomes the next new best pin ever!

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Keeper for life. Lol... This is Derek we're talking about. Great guy but I'd put the over/under at 3 months or whenever Star Wars comes out and becomes the next new best pin ever!

I don't know man, he said it was bolted to the floor! Lol

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I'm still working mine out. So can you clarify the advantage to locking more balls for toys multiball and also the multipliers. Cheers

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm still working mine out. So can you clarify the advantage to locking more balls for toys multiball and also the multipliers. Cheers

When I went from 3 ball to 4 ball multiball (Jackie pronounces "Mul - Tye - Ball") my scores went up a lot. I had said earlier in a post I'd rather have 2 x 3 multiball rather than 1 x 6 multiball but I was wrong. My guess is scores are multiplied more with more balls. Good strategy to go for at least 4 ball multiball over 3 ball unless you're on you're last ball.

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Normally I would agree with you and yes I used to love every new game, but not the past couple of years. I have changed my tune and certain titles like ghostbusters who everybody else loves and I can't really stand. So yes Aerosmith is that good, but hey don't take my word for it. Just push start on an Aerosmith and you'll see what I mean. As the question to the multipliers you light them by spelling Aerosmith. Which will light your shots for double value. And yes if you lock more balls; then your multiball will be worth way more; my other fav about this game is the single ball modes too, because they are all very cool and unique.

#2290 3 years ago

I have ASLE and I can't believe how well it played out of box.

Code is very playable and I don't remember tweaking anything???

#2291 3 years ago

we will be merging the as code thread with the where's the kiss code thread in a few months.
i would rather burn my money at a strip club right now than order a new stern.

#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

When I went from 3 ball to 4 ball multiball (Jackie pronounces "Mul - Tye - Ball") my scores went up a lot. I had said earlier in a post I'd rather have 2 x 3 multiball rather than 1 x 6 multiball but I was wrong. My guess is scores are multiplied more with more balls. Good strategy to go for at least 4 ball multiball over 3 ball unless you're on you're last ball.

Cool thanks. So a definite point increase like mustang. What about locking back in the box during tb multiball does that throw into action jackpot shot multipliers?

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Cool thanks. So a definite point increase like mustang. What about locking back in the box during tb multiball does that throw in to action jackpot shot multipliers?

Yes if you relock one ball then scores are doubled and if you Relock 3 balls then scores are tripled

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yes if you relock one ball then scores are doubled and if you Relock 3 balls then scores are tripled

That is pretty darn cool. By the way AS iscnothing like KISS

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

How is the gameplay different with no post between the pops?

#2296 3 years ago

I'm not sure if it's the freshness of the game, but I have a hard time deciding to play my Met over AS. The game is just a pure blast to play. I like choosing my mode right off the bat, which makes it seem really varied. Metallica, I feel like I'm going after the four main targets over and over again. Toy box And elevator mb are really fun and I also enjoy the animations tied to each mode. I like when you hit a shot on Walk This Way, a girl walks across the stage.

I'm not really sure I need much additional code updates as the game plays very well as is. I recently owned GB and I think this game blows that one away, especially in the code department (fun factor). This game is a great deal overall, especially the pro model. I give credit to Stern for making me love a game I had zero interest in prior to its release. I thought it was just a terrrible terrible theme. I find myself enjoying the music and the entire package with great art and awesome animations. Well done Stern.

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

...By the way, has anyone gotten to KISS Army Multiball on this game yet?

and than as i said already, Lonnie seems to have a "sample/master tree code", he's using for lots of games, while taking some routines frome one or another game and just adaptating in the next one... not saying its bad, just my feeling when i play the pins he has coded, for sure there're more than lots of similitudes

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Well, when you start with a good base (KISS) and spend almost two years polishing it, that's not surprising.

The system settings slipup is just confirmation of what everyone suspected. If you've spent time with KISS, the overall similarities are overwhelming.

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, when you start with a good base and spend almost two years polishing it, that's not surprising.

I couldn't agree more this game had more development time and it shows

#2300 3 years ago

Background - I sold addc Prem. It was a good game. I had it for almost 2 years and had played it enough and it was time for a change. Prices went crazy also on acdc also?! I was looking strongly at MET as the next pin. One thing is though I don't really like MET the Band and neither does my wife. I have one Borg game, IM, which is pretty much bolted to the floor but man is it hard! One more game! I thought AS looked interesting. I like Aerosmith and if they are on the radio or XM I don't change it, but go to band? Not really. Played it at TXPF and started to like it more and more. I went two nights ago and played AS at a friend's house again also. Really love the animations also.

To me AS is better than Kiss. I really like Kiss the pin actually, but just could not deal with Kiss the band long term. I DO NOT think that AS is necessarily better then MET as an all round player, BUT it is more fun for me. When I told my wife I was looking at getting MET she cringed. When I told her I may get AS she was like "ok, I like Aerosmith." Like for Borg games my wife likes IM as do I, but if I brought in MET or TWD she or would be like "I hate them!"

So to sum it up for me - Aerosmith pin is better then Kiss, a little short of MET overall, but more tolerable, like IM, for folks across the board than other great Borg games like TWD and MET and more fun to play than all the above titles and adds great LCD screen animations into the mix.

Just talking it through over a couple hours of beers. Or maybe a few.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Pollock Pines, CA
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside