You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 84.
#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Unfortunately, It's not a big difference in current code. I like the reward vs risk of Mustang Gears MB much better. This feedback has been provided to Stern,and I hope they tweak it.
3-ball jackpot starting value: 500K
6-ball value: 1M.
And sadly the Super Jackpot base value seems fixed regardless of # of balls.
But you have the benefit of more balls bashing the toy box and the AEROSMITH targets while ball save is running.
The downside of doing two 3-ball MB instead of one 6-ball is that the 2nd Toys MB locks are twice as hard to lite locks.

I'm sure that some people would bash Stern for just copying the rules from Mustang Gears MB, but I think that's exactly what they should do. When I first played and saw that you could cancel out of starting MB, the rules for Gears MB from Mustang was the first thing that popped in my mind.

#2152 7 years ago

If Dream on gets added, Im in on a pro. Well, i might still be in on a pro anyways!

#2153 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

If Dream on gets added, Im in on a pro. Well, i might still be in on a pro anyways!

I think I am in for one also

#2154 7 years ago

Been playing Aerosmith on location and trying to bust 200M and haven't done it yet. GC on the game is 199M(not mine) and my best score so far is 180M. Anyone want to share some big scores?

#2155 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Been playing Aerosmith on location and trying to bust 200M and haven't done it yet. GC on the game is 199M(not mine) and my best score so far is 180M. Anyone want to share some big scores?

Aim for the blinking lights

In all seriousness, I was able to GC the Aerosmith at expo last weekend. I think my final score was around 197 million, I took a picture but he didn't have the score on it LOL. I had about 20 million points going in the ball three, then started the five or six ball toys in the attic multi-ball and for the most part ignored the song objectives. If the ramps made cool sounds, And they were really cool sounds, I would shoot the ramps. If the spinner make cool sounds, I shot the spinner.

I did get an extra ball which helped me get into the medley tour wizard mode. True story, when I realized I was on my last song to qualify the wizard mode I purposely avoided crank it up as I did not want to add time, In fact I avoided crank it up a lot near the end of the ball to avoid added time. But, on the last song the ball found its way into crank it up, and I yelled damn! Then, Medley tour multi-ball started and I hear Rob T say, oh yeah damn I hate when that happens IMG_0049 (resized).JPGIMG_0049 (resized).JPG

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I think the lack of Dream On is the single biggest miss on this game, I think because it's widely viewed as one of their top three songs with Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion, and because it would be perfect for the wizard mode. My biggest question on the game right now is staying power, when I hear people are getting to the wizard mode in the first week after getting the game, I get concerned that the game might become stale or average game times get too long eventually. I don't know if there's any validity to that though, just past experience I guess.

#2157 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

My biggest question on the game right now is staying power, when I hear people are getting to the wizard mode in the first week after getting the game, I get concerned that the game might become stale or average game times get too long eventually. I don't know if there's any validity to that though, just past experience I guess.

Completely valid concern and certainly one that Eskaybee and I discussed after he got to the Medley MB Wizard mode.

But I will say that I am pretty sure that was not the ultimate wizard mode on the pin. I know that he did not beat/complete all the modes, he just started them. So I think this was a mini wizard mode, and the main wizard mode would be for beating/completing all of the modes. The center inserts had ones that were solid and others that were blinking.

This *seems* to be similar to the Mustang rules re mini and main wizard modes.

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think the lack of Dream On is the single biggest miss on this game, I think because it's widely viewed as one of their top three songs with Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion, and because it would be perfect for the wizard mode. My biggest question on the game right now is staying power, when I hear people are getting to the wizard mode in the first week after getting the game, I get concerned that the game might become stale or average game times get too long eventually. I don't know if there's any validity to that though, just past experience I guess.

I still think this is a fairly repetitive pin that's better for a route, but being able to get to the Wizard mode early on doesn't really mean anything. I remember playing Spiderman on location with pretty early code, not really knowing what I was doing and getting to Super Hero that first time ever playing it. That is something it took me years to do again once all the "game" was in the machine. So, yeah, wizard mode will likely be more challenging to reach over time.

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I agree with RobT. And I'm in the boat now where I don't want to play a marathon game just to get to a mini wizard mode (ala TF, Avengers, etc...). Having attainable mini wizard modes is great! Especially if there's diversity and good rules support that allows it to sometimes blow up the score and game or other times where you completely fail miserably as I did when I played it.

EDIT: Lonnies mini wizard modes are typically epic and fun (ala Mustang drift mode, XMEN danger room, and even TRON SOS - though I'm not sure how much of that was Lonnie or Lyman, but I've heard Lonnie did a lot of code for it).

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone want to share some big scores?

I put up 485M in my first session of playing a Pro version. Earned at least 2 EB's. Got around 100-150M of that from Medley. Don't know the breakdown of the rest of it, but I completed all the songs except Elevator.

#2161 7 years ago

AS is great IMO, and after playing at the launch party here in Chicago and talking with a couple Stern guys re: pro v. premium, decided to buy a Premium. I've skipped buying any games since GoT (I have nearby friends w/ MET and GB). The code on AS is excellent and for recent games, only slighly behind Lyman's MET rules. AS, has the combo, 2x, 3x strategy for SJP and the stacks of ToyBox and Elevator MB (Pdxmonkey 4 ball toy then start Elevator is good advice!). I love the clean / better fidelity sound too - I understand the file sizes are bigger for data content to gain "cleaner" music tracks - its noticable in person. The LCD integration and original content is just a fun 70s cartoon look. Agree with all the comments about art package Dirty Donny work - the PF is just jammed with detail, but isn't too busy. I strongly recommend pingraffix do powerblades similar to the MET stuff.

#2162 7 years ago

Anyone have some cool rule cards?

#2163 7 years ago

So there is just 9 songs correct? And can Pinball Browser be used on this to change songs? Is Pro the way to go (I'm normally a Premium guy but this seems like its so similar)

#2164 7 years ago

I might have missed it, but does anyone know the length of each song?

#2165 7 years ago

The song you pick keeps playing unless you change it after your time runs out. If you get toys or elevator multiball
It plays Toys or Love in Elevator until you loose the balls then reverts to the original song picked. It you complete all the
Targets of a song and don't change it when select track lights it will change for you at next ball.

#2166 7 years ago

If someone can take a picture of the trough kickout for Aerosmith and post it here, I would appreciate it. Need to figure out which cliffy to order. Also, has anyone played an Aerosmith with a shaker motor in it? How was it? Thanks, Jason

#2167 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

If someone can take a picture of the trough kickout for Aerosmith and post it here, I would appreciate it. Need to figure out which cliffy to order. Also, has anyone played an Aerosmith with a shaker motor in it? How was it? Thanks, Jason</blockquote
I have a shaker in mine and it's definitely worth it I have a pro

#2168 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone have some cool rule cards?

I posted them a few pages ago, rules courtesy from Xerico.

919-AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg919-AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg

#2169 7 years ago

Has anyone been able to add a color LED inside the toy box yet? That might be a cool mod.

#2170 7 years ago

Anyone know what the coins do?

#2171 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I've never inspected a Spike game that closely ... do the various node and mechanism boards have fuses?

Not on the node board. No fuses. Stern was pretty concerned and they sent me a label to overnight back to them the board and toy box lid solenoid. They told me I will have the replacement parts on Monday. So for now my AS Pro continues to be a really fancy looking paper weight in my game room. Stern customer support has been very good, to include calls from a Stern engineer to confirm the wiring in that circuit.

#2172 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Not on the node board. No fuses. Stern was pretty concerned and they sent me a label to overnight back to them the board and toy box lid solenoid. They told me I will have the replacement parts on Monday. So for now my AS Pro continues to be a really fancy looking paper weight in my game room. Stern customer support has been very good, to include calls from a Stern engineer to confirm the wiring in that circuit.

So what fuses does the game have and where are they?

They should be concerned. Could have resulted in a major fire and ultimately death.

#2173 7 years ago

Do the ramp exits drop right onto the inlane switches? Looks like they do from the pics. Getting ready to place my Cliffy order.

#2174 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Anyone know what the coins do?

Courtesy of KME:
You earn coins based upon how well you do on a mode. Hitting shots in combo are worth more coins. Crank it up is like "away team" (in Star Trek) as the mode gets harder but the shots become worth more and double the coins. The more coins you earn the more valuable the super modes are.

More tips here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

#2175 7 years ago

Anybody know what the pro/premium and LE pricing is?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody know what the pro/premium and LE pricing is?

5200, 7000, 8300

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

5200, 7000, 8300

The pro seems like a decent "deal" for what it comes with but $1800 more to get a premium that only offers an upper playfield that honestly is very limited in terms of what it can do? Then another $1300 for different artwork going from the premium to LE for baked on enamel armor and a tiny LE plaque? Really Stern, just wow.

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

5200, 7000, 8300

Thx!

LCD clinches it for me along with Borg and excellent code. Happy for Lonnie on this one

#2179 7 years ago

Could someone please PM me with a contact for a Stern distributor who:

1. returns calls in a timely fashion during the week (24 hours)
2. returns emails in a timely fashion during the week (24 hours)

I've tried on two occasions to place an order for this machine with no luck. Thanks in advance!

#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I've tried on two occasions to place an order for this machine with no luck. Thanks in advance!

I've had a great experience thus far with cointaker... they've responded to all my questions and contacts very quickly and professionally.

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I wish I could double-upvote

#2182 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Yeah Melissa at Cointaker is usually very prompt and great to talk to...

#2183 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Also consider JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado. He has become my go-to and provides excellent post-sale service for any issues.

#2184 7 years ago

Any word on when LEs are shipping?

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

5200, 7000, 8300

snif, as west europe pricing seems to be

6200, 8300, 10000...

#2186 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

She answers her phone if she is free, and calls back if she isn't free. She supports her customers if there is an issue with the game. And she responds to email. Huge vote for Melissa @ Cointaker.

(And none of that is hearsay. I had a big issue with a game, and I was very happy with her handling of the problems. Top notch, stand up person. They are the only people I'd buy from now.)

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The pro seems like a decent "deal" for what it comes with but $1800 more to get a premium that only offers an upper playfield that honestly is very limited in terms of what it can do? Then another $1300 for different artwork going from the premium to LE for baked on enamel armor and a tiny LE plaque? Really Stern, just wow.

Funny stuff for $8000 Jack is striping goods from the game not putting in

#2188 7 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I posted them a few pages ago, rules courtesy from Xerico.

Those are killer cards.
Will be printing some later

#2189 7 years ago

Did anyone hear at TPF or elsewhere if Aerosmith will be receiving more code updates that expand on gameplay?

#2190 7 years ago

Hey everybody. Just a quick update. Last Monday I posted that my new AE PRO was DOA. The No. 9 Node board (center bottom of the PF) smoked when I turned it on. A key transistor burned right off.

I got the new parts this morning to include the node board and a new (toy box lid) solenoid. Installed the board (took loads of photos before I disassembled the old board and solenoid) and then soldered on the connector for the solenoid. Got everything in, turned on the game, and got an error that said the node board was not recognized. Pulled out the Stern circuit diagram card and immediately traced it to a sip switch that was set incorrectly on the new node board. The dip switches were so small I didn't even notice the board even had them. Turned the dip switch to "On" and everything played great.

I think the board was damaged when it was installed. The center mounting screw is right up against the key-transistor that burned off. I think the installer bent it down to access the screw and this either weakened or broke the solder joint. So, hopefully mine was the only one to have this issue but with this being the beginning run of the production, you never know.

Finally got to play and the game is a blast.

Best, Cyrus

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The song you pick keeps playing unless you change it after your time runs out. If you get toys or elevator multiball
It plays Toys or Love in Elevator until you loose the balls then reverts to the original song picked. It you complete all the
Targets of a song and don't change it when select track lights it will change for you at next ball.

Oh good, so it has at least 11 songs in it. I was disappointed that they would drop from 12 (13 if you include wizard) in AC/DC down to 9.
The more tunes the better!

#2192 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I guess these businesses are too busy making money had over fist to take yours...

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Oh good, so it has at least 11 songs in it. I was disappointed that they would drop from 12 (13 if you include wizard) in AC/DC down to 9.

Toys and Elevator are included in the 9 playfield song title inserts. What are the 10th and 11th songs?

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

pm sent

#2195 7 years ago

I like that even the Pro comes with hole protectors from the factory. AS is an impressively complete package for sure. Can't wait to try a Premium/LE.

as (resized).jpgas (resized).jpg

#2196 7 years ago

I'm not into music pins, but I am seriously considering getting this one.

#2197 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe, i left a message today hoping to find out about delivery on my machine still waiting on a call back.

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

It does not have 11 songs.

There are only 7 selectable songs and 1 for each multiball for a grand total of 9.

Hopefully they add one to the final wizard mode with a code update.

Kind of cheap to have to listen to the same music when reaching the final wizard mode, could they throw us a bone here please?

#2199 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It does not have 11 songs.
There are only 7 selectable songs and 1 for each multiball for a grand total of 9.
Hopefully they add one to the final wizard mode with a code update.
Kind of cheap to have to listen to the same music when reaching the final wizard mode, could they throw us a bone here please?

Didn't get a special Wizard Mode song for Rock City on KISS. Same song you already heard a lot of if/when you get there. I assume Aerosmith is the same.

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Going to re-use the same joke I used before. "Dream On"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/44?hl=lewisd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.