You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 84.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Has AS alo a magnet to pull the ball?

No, it doesn't. Something people should keep in mind too is that many times the lock ball launch will miss the toy box on purpose because there are already too many balls in there. The game knows how many balls are locked regardless of whether or not they make it into the toy box and that is the most important thing to me.

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

As for Beastie Boys, they had like one good record & done.

"user ignored"

JK

but for real

"user ignored"

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wtf? You mean one commercial album.

He lacks Gratitude. And that's riiiight

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, it doesn't. Something people should keep in mind too is that many times the lock ball launch will miss the toy box on purpose because there are already too many balls in there. The game knows how many balls are locked regardless of whether or not they make it into the toy box and that is the most important thing to me.

This is something that really slowed the game down and I wasn't a fan. I understand the intent behind it, give a little show with Jackie saying something then getting smacked in the face; it was cute, but it did seem weird as a player and slowed the game down. I think it should just spit the ball right back into play. It felt strange sometimes when jacky would open the box, close the box, open the box, and sometimes when the ball was in play and just the lock light lit.

Maybe just me, but didn't feel right. keep the box closed until it needs to open and don't smack jacky in the face with a 15 sec scene of it.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from daywalker993:

My Aerosmith Pro arrived on last week on friday added with some Moddings:
Convolux ( yellow )
Stern Sideart Blades
Transparent Rubbers
Superband Posts
Very nice machine. Very good code at this time. Lot of fun
Best regards from the oldest town in germany ( Trier )
Christoph

Love the Stay Puft for your GB topper! Where can I find one at?

#2056 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get these custom rails for AS? I'd like to powder coat them in the exact same blue as the Pro. Prefer not to buy them from directly from Stern, however, I did not even see them on Stern's site.

AS-Pro1 (resized).jpg

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Does anyone know where I can get these custom rails for AS? I'd like to powder coat them in the exact same blue as the Pro. Prefer not to buy them from directly from Stern, however, I did not even see them on Stern's site.

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6200733

#2058 3 years ago

Thanks. I guess I have no choice, I gotta buy them from Stern. This custom side armour for AS is by far the best laser cut armour I've seen for any pin thus far.

#2059 3 years ago

New Aerosmith game code up on Stern's site!

#2060 3 years ago

Here's the readme. Small update, but progress is good.

- added speech/sounds to double scoring start.
- added an adjustment to save progress during Elevator Multiball, default is ON.
- right eject now holds the ball for the Toys in the Attic Multiball double super jackpot award.
- added increase pop bumper value to mystery award.
- fixed a bug where mystery was awarding super scoring but displaying double scoring as the award.
- increase spinner value as a mystery award was not working correctly, this has been fixed.
- added audits for mystery awards (spinner, pop bumpers).
- fixed/added speech and sound f/x to Toys in the Attic Multiball awards.
- added new display effects to Toys in the Attic Multiball.
- Super mode background display effects were showing score values without commas, this has been fixed.
- Add new VIP advance, lit, award sound f/x.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Thanks. I guess I have no choice, I gotta buy them from Stern. This custom side armour for AS is by far the best laser cut armour I've seen for any pin thus far.

http://cointaker.com/products/aerosmith-side-armor

Cointaker has them...

Phoebe

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

added an adjustment to save progress during Elevator Multiball, default is ON.

Yes.

#2063 3 years ago

Was that the roadblock thingy?

#2065 3 years ago

Wow Aerosmith code is already shaping up while Gomez has made a lot of false promises it seems with batman 66; wonder why he did promise code updates every 2 weeks and that code is way behind Aerosmith

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Wow Aerosmith code is already shaping up while Gomez has made a lot of false promises it seems with batman 66; wonder why he did promise code updates every 2 weeks and that code is way behind Aerosmith

They are still hoping to sell a bunch of AS while they have probably sold most of the 66's they will sell. So guess where the attention is going!

#2067 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

They are still hoping to sell a bunch of AS while they have probably sold most of the 66's they will sell. So guess where the attention is going!

Plus AS is Stern proper, while Batman'66 is boutique Kapow.

#2068 3 years ago

Beastie Boys !!! I would pre-order the LE ... !!!

Played AS Pro today. Nice, fun and fast. Way better than Kiss.
We (team of 2) kept on playing for almost 4 hours and wanted to come back each time. When the code will be polished, will be a good game.
Not my theme, but well executed.
Display-graphics are not my style neither.

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Played AS Pro today. Nice, fun and fast. Way better than Kiss.
We (team of 2) kept on playing for almost 4 hours and wanted to come back each time. When the code will be polished, will be a good game.

It's a Lonnie game, so the best you can hope for is mostly complete. It will likely never be polished, given his extensive history with not really doing the polish step on his games.

#2070 3 years ago

Picked my Aerosmith up today. Added a shaker,Inside decals,spike power splitter board. Need to update code now

IMG_8476 (resized).JPG

IMG_8478 (resized).JPG

IMG_8477 (resized).JPG

IMG_8479 (resized).JPG

IMG_8480 (resized).JPG

IMG_8481 (resized).JPG

IMG_8482 (resized).JPG

IMG_8471 (resized).JPG

#2071 3 years ago

Can't wait until I pick mine up at the TPF...excited

#2072 3 years ago

Nice to see a fellow pinsider got #266864. I got the somewhat older #266863. Installing tomorrow.

20170317_065554 (resized).jpg

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's a Lonnie game, so the best you can hope for is mostly complete. It will likely never be polished, given his extensive history with not really doing the polish step on his games.

We'll see. It's currently in a far better state, by most accounts, than almost any of their big titles of recent years have been even 12 months after launch.

Hopefully they continue to add to it.

Sell through on the Pros could be very high IMO if physical problems are fewer than recent titles and code keeps getting better.

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

We'll see. It's currently in a far better state, by most accounts, than almost any of their big titles of recent years have been even 12 months after launch.
Hopefully they continue to add to it.
Sell through on the Pros could be very high IMO if physical problems are fewer than recent titles and code keeps getting better.

Yes indeed. V1.0.0 gives me the impression that all features are implemented. Some minor bugfixing, balancing out and that's it. Done! Already 2 updates are available in 14 days. Polishing for me is not extra stacking and new enhanced rulesets. Everything "added" from now on will be a bonus.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Yes indeed. V1.0.0 gives me the impression that all features are implemented. Some minor bugfixing, balancing out and that's it. Done! Already 2 updates are available in 14 days. Polishing for me is not extra stacking and new enhanced rulesets. Everything "added" from now on will be a bonus.

I think the majority of reasonably involved home buyers would disagree.

Would Metallica have sold a fraction of what it has in the last 2 years if, after 12-18 months post release, it was left 'complete' ?

Hell no.

Aerosmith has a lot going for it if they can keep adding to rules & features and polishing it, and potentially great sales going forward.

If this is pretty much it, despite being a much better package than other recent games, I think sales will die off very quickly.

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If this is pretty much it, despite being a much better package than other recent games, I think sales will die off very quickly.

Like KISS?

#2077 3 years ago

WORSE, because I can see those Jacky callouts getting super grating in home use.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Aerosmith game design has been complete for months. It just got moved back in the production schedule for various reasons. That is why the software is so complete compared to the majority of new releases.

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think the majority of reasonably involved home buyers would disagree.

Probably, but Stern is calling the shots, if and when there will be updates. Hope I'm wrong, but I got a feeling Stern will call it done.
And hoping for an update after a year ... that sounds like some programmers are willing tot go above and beyond, when it's not actually the choice of the company.

#2080 3 years ago

Just had a pretty good game at expo. Got the medley wizard mode but choked hard on it. Couldn't tell what song was playing for it either unfortunately cause background games were too loud.

Game is getting a lot of praise. The animations really are amazing and sweet. Anyone who doesn't like the LCD and animations on this game are either in denial or on crack.

I definitely enjoyed the games I got in on it tonight. Much more than the other AS I played on location the other week.

IMG_0049 (resized).JPG

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just had a pretty good game at expo. Got the medley wizard mode but choked hard on it. Couldn't tell what song was playing for it either unfortunately cause background games were too loud.
Game is getting a lot of praise. The animations really are amazing and sweet. Anyone who doesn't like the LCD and animations on this game are either in denial or on crack.
I definitely enjoyed the games I got in on it tonight. Much more than the other AS I played on location the other week.

You were there? so was I. bummer I would have liked to have met you.. the game was really fun for me. Liked it a lot. Batman not so much..

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

You were there? so was I. bummer I would have liked to have met you.. the game was really fun for me. Liked it a lot. Batman not so much..

Oh dam meeting up would have been great. I just ran into the Ayce Gogi guys lol. Yea, BM66 isn't winning too many ppl over that Ive talked to and there's quite a few to play.

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Would Metallica have sold a fraction of what it has in the last 2 years if, after 12-18 months post release, it was left 'complete' ?

We understand this, but the bean counters at Stern do not - or don't care. Great code sells games and shit code kills sales. MET and KISS are the poster children for these 2 opposite ends of the spectrum. You can even see it in the Stern facebook videos that there's very little KISS being built, but sure a lot of MET.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Aerosmith has a lot going for it if they can keep adding to rules & features and polishing it, and potentially great sales going forward.

I'm going to say I think AS is 98% done. Expecting more on top of what already is there is just going to set you up for disappointment. Look at how simple of a game IMVE is and there was never anything added like a super skill shot or extra ball rule. People have asked over and over for that for the past few years and it just hasn't happened.

Rob

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Look at how simple of a game IMVE is and there was never anything added like a super skill shot or extra ball rule. People have asked over and over for that for the past few years and it just hasn't happened.
Rob

Yeah, that was really surprising on IM. Making Extra Ball a random award like that machine does is lame. Wonder why they went that route?

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Great code sells games and shit code kills sales. MET and KISS are the poster children for these 2 opposite ends of the spectrum

MET and KISS are the opposite ends of the spectrum KISS is the boy band of hard rock and MET is hard rock even with perfect code KISS would have never live up to MET

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

super grating in home use

Like selfie mode

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

We understand this, but the bean counters at Stern do not - or don't care.

Misdirected imo. Stern puts out multiple machines and they need to have multiple programmers to do such. And by no means are all coders created equal in such an artistic endeavor. Stern can't have Lyman do every pin. The other coders are what they are, and outside of pinside many people don't freak out over coding. Frankly coding is never a given for anyone and the Pinside obsession with needing epic code everywhere is massively overblown and unrealistic. Lyman is a gold standard, but he isn't perfect either and can have misses. As well, while the other coders aren't at Lyman level, they have had some reasonable programming success over the years on some pins. Even good pins are being trashed by some people now because they aren't epic pins. There is no magic formula that can be followed to make an epic pin over and over again.

Some things could be done better for sure. But it is always a balancing act between code and pin production. Sometimes one wins, sometimes the other. I call it life.

I'm happy to see Stern with multiple programmers developing multiple pins. I'd rather have triple the pin offerings and a variety of coders than wait and wait for the odd release that is bottlenecked through a single programmer.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm going to say I think AS is 98% done. Expecting more on top of what already is there is just going to set you up for disappointment. Rob

That totally makes reasonable, basic and common sense based on previous history, experience and information. There are a few members here with quite a history of ignoring facts and common sense in their pin and coding purchases, and then bitching about it over and over, and over and over. The best predictor of future experience is past experience. Occam's razor people, basic principles. But instead, some want to blame others and whine incessantly because what they hoped for, against historical experience, shockingly ( ) didn't happen.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, that was really surprising on IM. Making Extra Ball a random award like that machine does is lame. Wonder why they went that route?

I think every game should have an extra ball that you can earn. Even Transformers has one and the awards on that game are all over the place.

#2089 3 years ago

Good chance of getting to see some live Aerosmith streaming at the IFPA Pin-Masters in Dallas. Today and tomorrow.
https://www.twitch.tv/batcitypinballclub

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Collect EB on IMVE by collecting two full sets of shields on the same ball (rollovers, then War Machine), then hit the ramp shot.

#2091 3 years ago

I've just played my AS a few times but I really like the screen size over WOZ. You should be a fan of Aerosmith or not even consider this pin. The playfield is pretty much wide open which I like but if the upper playfield of GB is what you prefer buy something else. I'm very pleased with AS but its not for everyone.

#2092 3 years ago

AS was a hit at expo when I was there yesterday. I enjoy way more than GB and BM66. It'll be interesting to see how it matures, but I think it's a fun game overall. They did annice job with this pin.

#2093 3 years ago

Can't wait to play at TPF! It's in between AS or Elvira 3 for my NIB $$$.

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Collect EB on IMVE by collecting two full sets of shields on the same ball (rollovers, then War Machine), then hit the ramp shot.

That sounds tough to do.

Rob

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

So it's not random? I knew it was connected to the shields, but I always thought the award was random. I would always milk the shields for awards, and it seems like it would take more than two before EB would light on the left ramp.

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

So it's not random? I knew it was connected to the shields, but I always thought the award was random. I would always milk the shields for awards, and it seems like it would take more than two before EB would light on the left ramp.

Not random if you have it set up with factory settings. It's tough to get the EB but doable.
I'm always going for Bogey though, so there are plenty of ramp shots and rollovers to light the shields.

The first collect during Bogey is 30 seconds more time. The second shield collect after that is EB. You don't have to have Bogey running.

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my Aerosmith up today. Added a shaker,Inside decals,spike power splitter board. Need to update code now

Starting to think about this one as an option...you've had it a few days now....how is it holding up?

What do you think, compared to something like AC/DC. ( I like Aerosmith, and like playing pinball to integrated music, if its good pinball....KISS did nothing for me, for example)

#2098 3 years ago

Pinball Gallery launch party & tournament is being streamed live. Details below.

image (resized).png

image (resized).png

#2099 3 years ago

Just put my name on a pro! Can't wait!

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from mattbot:

Just put my name on a pro! Can't wait!

You won't regret it; it's a killer game it hits on all cylinders

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Pollock Pines, CA
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside