You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 84.
#1901 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just found out ours is shipping out on Friday.
So of course it will most likely arrive when we are at nationals is Dallas. lol.

Such a hard knock life.

#1902 7 years ago

I just put some time on one at Logan Arcade. It is a cool game. The pro looks and plays great. I don't see a need for the upper playfield. Orbit shots are important in this game as is the Crank it up shot both tough end of the flipper shots. Left ramp can be made over and over off the left flipper. The animations are great and fit each song mode perfectly. Definitely more fun than BM66. That game is a dog compared to AS. Find one out in the wild and play it.

#1903 7 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this game. Mine will hopefully arrive this weekend. The wait is killer.

#1904 7 years ago

Are they shipping anything but pro's yet?

#1905 7 years ago

There will be one on location in Florida real soon!

#1906 7 years ago

Just pros I think for now

#1907 7 years ago

I like this pin a lot!!

#1909 7 years ago

Must say the pro looks excellent with the rgb inserts, toys , lcd, spinner, scoops, lockbar button and the rules look like a mix of star trek, acdc. Met and mustang. Looks like a great pin already

#1910 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Must say the pro looks excellent with the rgb inserts, toys , lcd, spinner, scoops, lockbar button and the rules look like a mix of star trek, acdc. Met and mustang. Looks like a great pin already

For sure, I went from thinking this game would be horrible to maybe considering owning one.

#1911 7 years ago

grimley (resized).jpggrimley (resized).jpg

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For sure, I went from thinking this game would be horrible to maybe considering owning one.

Funny how that is eh?

I just don't like how super modes end though. I think they should last for the entire ball.

Rob

#1913 7 years ago

Had a chance to try out a Pro at M-Brew last Friday, and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. I'm not a great player, so I can't speak to the depths of the code, but there was a good flow to the shots and I really love the artwork. I can't see myself buying it anytime soon, but once I've added a few must-haves to my collection, I would consider it.

#1914 7 years ago

For those that have seen a pro, does the left scoop have a cliffy on it? The pro flyer shows a cliffy on that scoop. Just wondering if they come from the factory that way now.

#1915 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

For those that have seen a pro, does the left scoop have a cliffy on it? The pro flyer shows a cliffy on that scoop. Just wondering if they come from the factory that way now.

The one I played had the cliffy straight from the factory.

#1916 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just don't like how super modes end though. I think they should last for the entire ball.

That's a terrible idea. Why would you do anything but go for super ramps and then just repeat the center shot a MILLION times?

#1917 7 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

The one I played at Logan Arcade has a factory Cliffy. Should it be called a "Sterny"?

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

The one I played at Logan Arcade has a factory Cliffy. Should it be called a "Sterny"?

It should be called a "ripoff." I'm sure Cliff's getting zero out of his idea from them.

#1919 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It should be called a "ripoff."

Get the jackpot!

ripley (resized).jpgripley (resized).jpg

#1920 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It should be called a "ripoff." I'm sure Cliff's getting zero out of his idea from them.

Cliffy did not invent the idea of an edge protector.

#1921 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a terrible idea. Why would you do anything but go for super ramps and then just repeat the center shot a MILLION times?

It hasn't stopped other games from having semi-lucrative shots that can be hit a million times. Like the spinners in ACDC and GoT for example. But, I meant having them available for the whole ball, but not in a way they can be abused either.

Rob

#1922 7 years ago

Scheduled to receive mine down here In Tampa Bay per my distributer next Wednesday! Can't wait for the Pro!

#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Cliffy did not invent the idea of an edge protector.

What games had them before he made them for pinball machines? I can't think of any.

#1924 7 years ago

Over an hour of Pro gameplay courtesy of Timballs @ Rock Fantasy:

Also available to watch on Twitch at:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127198782

#1925 7 years ago

I go to some time on an Aerosmith pro today. Played for about 1-2 hours and did manage a HS#2 on the machine. Here's my not so mini-mini initial impression review.

First off, clarification. I finally answered the question of whether double/triple scoring is available on the pro and the answer is NO. There is, however, double scoring during Toys mb by getting a ball in the toy box. But it was stated earlier in this thread that spelling AEROSMITH is what activates double scoring on the pro when in fact spelling AEROSMITH lights pf multipliers and your next shot locks in that multiplier for the remainder of the ball.

That said, here we go! The machine I played was not set up good; it leaned to the right making the brutal right outlanes even more brutal - simple inlane post bounces that would typically go in the inlane easily shot down the outlane. The volume was very low; so much, that the video games attract sound and other arcade ambient sound easily muffled out the sound. This was surprising with Aerosmith being both a new featured pin and a music themed pin at that; it was a bummer I couldn't hear much.

Shots:
All shots felt good and were signature Borg.
The ramps felt exceptionally good, though the right ramp is tight and tough. It's no gimmie ramp.
The left orbit was a little rough too and got a lot of rejects, but it still felt good when shots hit. I'm sure a better setup or tweaking could reduce the rejects. Right orbit was spot on and a fun shot.
Lock shot: from videos and other description reviews, I was concerned about this shot. But, it has a metal rail that gives the shot a tight bend to the right and hitting it felt really really good. Other reviews of not being able to hit it straight on were false, at least on this machine. Hitting it straight on felt great, it whipped the ball around the metal guide and eventually finding its home in the saucer.
Elevator shot: felt really really good and fun to hit.
Targets: targets were good overall. The very bottom left target -A- is in a pretty peculiar spot and I always found that was the one letter I needed to light my multipliers.
Pops: about 75% of my games and balls even were fine exiting the pops. It wasn't til my last few games that I kept getting sdtm and venomous right outlanes drains from the pops.

Display:
Display overall is bad ass. Stern nailed it with the animations. Way better than the BM66 display (at this point in time). There was a lot of room for improvement still such as It took me awhile, like an hour lol, til I actually saw where my balls remaining were. The game is also missing lots and lots of instruction text or text showing what you just did and why - something Lyman &a Dwight are so good at.

Rules/code:
Toys mb and jacky in general was great. Nailed it. Fun rules, great code, lots of scoring elements from building up 3-6 multiball to double scoring during the mb, to other elements I couldn't grasp in my limited time such as one game I was going so good I saw something on the display like super quick scoring activated or fast scoring...something like that, memory is fuzzy maybe someone can correct me.

Elevator lock rules and multiball rules were excellent.

Stern nailed the rules and code for the multiballs.

Now for some bad news. The song modes felt very lackluster, muggy, and overall rushed. I could tell they used elements from Star Trek level 1 missions for the modes. For instance, shoot a shot, light CIU (I.e. ST shoot a shot light away team). And, here's 30 seconds for the song...GO! Same as ST level 1. Unfortunately, in ST you can hit a dozen shots with ease in 30 secs. On AERO, it felt like jacky was rushing me before I even got a couple flips in. Modes felt like they were ending as fast as they started. CIU certainly helped giving a generous bank of time. The problem was it still felt rushed and didn't have time to enjoy the music element of the pin (granted this could have been because of how low the volume settings are).

The other issue is the game wasn't very good at letting me know how I was doing or if I completed the mode. Whether you complete the mode or not, time still ticks away. Everytime time ran out I felt like I didn't complete the song, but sure enough I was then reward with a super award, even if I only hit a couple shots and felt like I shouldn't have completed it. There was a pie chart around the timer that I think represents completion and benefits for the super award - so verdict is still out on some of this.

I did like the element of building a super award and continue playing out the timer to build that value a lot. But, I think having the light song scoop light when you complete so you can cash out and move on with progression or continue to build up values would be a good idea. Heck, even take the timer out and let me keep on building my super award values for an infinite amount of time til I hit the scoop or drain - risk/reward. I think this game could do away with timers altogether and implement that kind of strategy. Let the players overall play dictate progression and scoring. Although that probably won't happen cause wizard mode 1 is based on just playing all songs (not completing)

I was on the last song before doing the wizard mode and drained! Sorry, no wizard mode reviews or updates folks

Overall: game was fun and had that one more game vibe about it. The game and LCD looked gorgeous and the first thing I noticed stepping up to the game is how dated the GB pro next to it looked. Aerosmith will definitely remain on my radar and I'd be happy to have one in my collection, but I'm not gonna go sell a pin to make room for it yet ; i definitely want to see what kind of code support they give it, if any, and how it matures.

I'm still leaning towards my initial gut feeling that the PREM/LE is the way to go. While I haven't played the LE, the fact that you can get up to 6x scoring + multipliers vs only 2x + multipliers on the pro has me thinking the LE will have more dynamic scoring and strategies. And despite what people say about the upper pf, I like what I see from it because the ramps and orbits still flow like the pro, and the upper pf has quick simple play/rules which means you're not playing it very long or very often but just enough to add scoring elements. But I still reserve right for final impressions of that vs argument for when I play one.

#1926 7 years ago

One thing I forgot to mention. The super awards had awesome lighting and effects associated with them. Felt really good to have these awards going.

And, the pops lighting was cool. I could tell there were some important rules associated with the pops lighting but I didn't pick up on it in my limited play.

Lastly, scoring seems unbalanced in the fact that all the points are in TIA mb. So giving players more time to build super award values could equate to big stacks? I dunno. Still fresh on the rules. More to come....if/when I play again

#1927 7 years ago

Thanks, @eskaybee. I share in a lot of your synopsis from the couple hours I spent on it earlier this week.

Minor corrections: you CAN get 2x scoring on Pro... It's a mystery award.

I agree that scoring can be unbalanced from Toys MB, but it's not so much the MB jackpot scoring, but the 2x (plus ... hint, hint) scoring that applies to ALL shot values, including the song mode and Supers you brought into that MB.

Did you get to experience the joy of Optismith Prime? Aka Elevator MB? Sadly, no progress memory, and qualifying each lock of EMB once you're on your second or third MB gets TEDIOUS. I was in loops hell. I had all other songs completed, so no song modes to play or enjoy, and the only thing I could do was play yet another EMB, which meant trying to survive pops feeds from loop shots. Ugh.

I'm reading that Aero's CIU does more than add time and making your mode shots more valuable (similar to ST GAT), but also doubles the "coins" you collect, which ratchets up the value of the corresponding Super Mode once you finish the song you just "cranked up."

The mini wizard mode is also fun. It's multi-level with add a ball when you complete each level. So it's go that going for it.

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks, eskaybee. I share in a lot of your synopsis from the couple hours I spent on it earlier this week.
I agree that scoring can be unbalanced from Toys MB, but it's not so much the MB jackpot scoring, but the 2x (plus ... hint, hint) scoring that applies to ALL shot values, including the song mode and Supers you brought into that MB.
Did you get to experience the joy of Optismith Prime? Aka Elevator MB? Sadly, no progress memory, and qualifying each lock of EMB once you're on your second or third MB gets TEDIOUS. I was in loops hell. I had all other songs completed, so no song modes to play or enjoy, and the only thing I could do was play yet another EMB, which meant trying to survive pops feeds from loop shots. Ugh.
I'm reading that Aero's CIU does more than add time and making your mode shots more valuable (similar to ST GAT), but also doubles the "coins" you collect, which ratchets up the value of the corresponding Super Mode once you finish the song you just "cranked up."
The mini wizard mode is also fun. It's multi-level with add a ball when you complete each level. So it's go that going for it.

so no additional music included in the wizard modes?

#1929 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The game and LCD looked gorgeous and the first thing I noticed stepping up to the game is how dated the GB pro next to it looked

BUT...

GASP...

YOU DONT PLAY THE DISPLAY!

THE GAME IS UNDER THE GLASS!

ALL HAIL THE DMD!

LONG LIVE THE DOTS!

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Over an hour of Pro gameplay courtesy of Timballs @ Rock Fantasy:
» YouTube video
Also available to watch on Twitch at:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127198782

OK... Who are you guys in the video? The first two. I know you guys are here...

Every time I see a dude with long blonde hair & a stocking cap I think of Jay & Silent Bob

Man... I wish the first dude would have said "Morris Day and the mother fucking time" after draining lol

#1931 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks, eskaybee. I share in a lot of your synopsis from the couple hours I spent on it earlier this week.

Ah good call on the mystery 2x scoring!

Didn't notice the optismith prime (lol) roadblock. Is it necessary to complete it for the main wizard mode? That's a bummer. Plus you have to complete sweet emotion in one try. Too many roadblocks

#1932 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it necessary to complete it for the main wizard mode? That's a bummer.

Yes. Both Toys in the Attic and Love in an Elevator are part of the collection of Song inserts that must be COMPLETED to qualify the main wizard mode.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Plus you have to complete sweet emotion in one try.

Is this confirmed? I didn't notice it, and was able to complete it multiple times.

#1933 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Yes. Both Toys in the Attic and Love in an Elevator are part of the collection of Song inserts that must be COMPLETED to qualify the main wizard mode.

Is this confirmed? I didn't notice it, and was able to complete it multiple times.

Not confirmed. That's what was reported by others.

#1934 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

The Sweet Emotion details were mentioned in this video by one of the Stern guys who was helping work on the code (starts at the 11 minute, 51 second mark):

It's possible that they have made some mode adjustments since then.

#1935 7 years ago

My pro is being shipped Friday. I had purchased a premium but don't really care for mini playfields.
What's the best way to upgrade the sound, hopefully buying all the necessary stuff from one place?

#1936 7 years ago

I haven't seen anyone do war machine all day in a LOOOOOONG time. I'm pretty sure I've managed to convince everyone within a 200 mile radius of me that Thunderstruck is where the points are at....and if not...I hope they continue to enjoy losing.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

upgrade the sound

It doesn't need an upgrade, IMO.

Quoted from Snailman:

I share in a lot of your synopsis from the couple hours I spent on it earlier this week.

Yeah, speaking of that.... don't expect those scores to stay on there long, you filthy motherf... :Þ I already took off two of em. That 6 ball toys is ridiculous, and apparently, if you load up 5, then start Elevator, you get a 6 ball elevator as well, and it saves all the locked toys!?!

#1937 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

ther reviews of not being able to hit it straight on were false, at least on this machine.

Yeah, I was wrong. So sue me. You can use my name, you know. I was able to make it a bunch of times straight on.

#1938 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, I was wrong. So sue me. You can use my name, you know. I was able to make it a bunch of times straight on.

Lol I only mentioned it cause it was one of the shots that concerned me the most. After playing, the thing that concerns me the most are song modes and road blocks. KME's write up on collecting coins and stacking supers with pf multipliers and double scoring and such leaves promise with the song modes. Now the Lonnie roadblocks, well....there's still hope for some rules changing code updates right?

#1939 7 years ago

I wouldn't count on it. They never did fix that aspect of Transformers, did they?

#1940 7 years ago

I may go back today and play some more. But that game leaning to the right is kind of turning me off to making the drive. I'll see if I can find the op that services that machine and pm him.

#1941 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I wouldn't count on it. They never did fix that aspect of Transformers, did they?

I think after 2 years of complaints they finally did. Or was it 3 years? I just know I sold my game before that time came.

#1942 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I may go back today and play some more. But that game leaning to the right is kind of turning me off to making the drive. I'll see if I can find the op that services that machine and pm him.

Just turn the adjustable feet when no one is looking

#1943 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Just turn the adjustable feet when no one is looking

I was thinking the same thing. I have leveled lots of location games. Lol.
But I understand not everyone wants to crawl under a game all the time.

#1944 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I was thinking the same thing. I have leveled lots of location games. Lol.
But I understand not everyone wants to crawl under a game all the time.

Just lift the thing with your knee and bend over and twist the leg levelers. If they come ask what you're doing just say "I'm tying my shoe"

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Just lift the thing with your knee and bend over and twist the leg levelers. If they come ask what you're doing just say "I'm tying my shoe"

Or, I'm looking for some gum...gimme a break I'm hungry.

#1946 7 years ago

I've releveled locations in the long long past, but no more. my backs too fragile to spend on a location game.

#1947 7 years ago

We're unboxing a AERO Pro next Thursday at Arcade Expo 3.0 in California. Marco Specialites will have one on DEMO (and for sale $4700). I'll be helping with the setup and testing.

Any special advice for an AERO Pro setup or just the standard stuff? Any ramp adjustments? Anything?

#1948 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

We're unboxing a AERO Pro next Thursday at Arcade Expo 3.0 in California. Marco Specialites will have one on DEMO (and for sale $4700). I'll be helping with the setup and testing.
Any special advice for an AERO Pro setup or just the standard stuff? Any ramp adjustments? Anything?

So far it has not been like Ghostbusters with a million fixes necessary. lol
Everyone I have heard about so far has been plug and play.

#1949 7 years ago

Heading to Dallas Texas on Tuesday is there anywhere that has this machine on location?

#1950 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Heading to Dallas Texas on Tuesday is there anywhere that has this machine on location?

Nickelrama Arcade in Garland TX

1238 Belt Line
Garland TX

Website is www.nickelrama.com

Marcus

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 10.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.