You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 84.
#1751 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there even a wizard mode?

Well according to Stern, yes. I called Stern about 2 weeks ago and they confirmed a wizard mode and also stayed code wasn't finished. But they wouldn't say what song was tied to wizard mode.

#1752 7 years ago

Super pops, super ramps, super spinner...why does this seem familiar

#1753 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It all seems super generic and bland. I would be a target customer for this pin since I bought 2 Sterns NIB in the past plus unlike most people Aerosmith isn't a total turnoff. The problem for me is that this game is just the same fan layout that's been recycled a ton of different times with the same slightly modified rules and slightly modified toys. The LCD is pretty sweet but the game itself just doesn't have it so far, it has this been there, done that look and feel to it from the videos. Only 8 or 9 songs is going to get old pretty quick, and like mentioned above, without Lyman on the code, the track record of Stern games isn't very good. Any game where the LE doesn't sell out right away it's a big warning sign to the future value of the game too, WWE and Mustang don't have good resell value at all.

#1754 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It all seems super generic and bland. I would be a target customer for this pin since I bought 2 Sterns NIB in the past plus unlike most people Aerosmith isn't a total turnoff. The problem for me is that this game is just the same fan layout that's been recycled a ton of different times with the same slightly modified rules and slightly modified toys. The LCD is pretty sweet but the game itself just doesn't have it so far, it has this been there, done that look and feel to it from the videos. Only 8 or 9 songs is going to get old pretty quick, and like mentioned above, without Lyman on the code, the track record of Stern games isn't very good. Any game where the LE doesn't sell out right away it's a big warning sign to the future value of the game too, WWE and Mustang don't have good resell value at all.

I always laugh at the "fan layout" comments. Fan layouts work. The flippers are angled, and a fan layout often works really really well.... You want an oddball clunkfest? I have a Gottlieb Victory waiting for you.

#1755 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I thought it was a drag Dolly Parton all this time
(also, I quite enjoyed the WOF discussion. that game is really awesome and definitely different.)

I have been waiting for someone to say they thought it was Lucille Ball. All of the guesses are funny!!

#1756 7 years ago

It does feel a little bit like a mix-and-match of their other music pins.

Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I have been waiting for someone to say they thought it was Lucille Ball. All of the guesses are funny!!

Ball, Parton, and Blanche (drag or not) are all awesome ladies so I'm glad my icon is being viewed in a good light.

#1757 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I always laugh at the "fan layout" comments. Fan layouts work. The flippers are angled, and a fan layout often works really really well.... You want an oddball clunkfest? I have a Gottlieb Victory waiting for you.

I like waffle crisp for breakfast, it just works for me. But that doesn't mean I want to eat it every day forever. Same with this, I'm sure it will shoot fine but I feel like stern is just recycling stuff too much.

#1758 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

simply linked to Lonnie "way of coding", lots of his games are very similar from an overall point of view
not a critic, as not saying his coding is bad, but most of the time got the feeling (from a "player" point of view) he's just having a "base code" ready from time, and just putting this in a pin with just the few needed adaptation or change

#1759 7 years ago

Are the LEs still slated for March, or has that been pushed back?

#1760 7 years ago

I ALMOST forgot just now unbearable Jody is... Terrible song selection. LCD looks fine. Sparky Jr isn't as annoying as I figured it would be, but I don't really see too much humor in this, even compared to Met. Game looks like it could be fun though. Not a game I would consider owning, but will definitely play it a lot on location.

#1761 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I ALMOST forgot just now unbearable Jody is... Terrible song selection. LCD looks fine. Sparky Jr isn't as annoying as I figured it would be, but I don't really see too much humor in this, even compared to Met. Game looks like it could be fun though. Not a game I would consider owning, but will definitely play it a lot on location.

If it looks fun to you and you would play it "a lot" on location then why wouldn't you consider owning it?

#1762 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I ALMOST forgot just now unbearable Jody is

IMG_20170215_232315 (resized).jpgIMG_20170215_232315 (resized).jpg

#1763 7 years ago

In Jody's defense, he hasn't been too bad the last couple of streams. Only time he bothered me was in the GB stream, I think he forgot to take his Riddelin that day or something. He's probably an ok guy.

#1764 7 years ago

Watch his shirt, hint hint hint.

Starwars..........

#1765 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Watch his shirt, hint hint hint.
Starwars..........

Yep I'd say you are right unfortunately

#1766 7 years ago

I played a quick game tonight at my local league where the game has just been sited. It looks great. Sounds great. I enjoyed playing and look forward to digging deeper in the next week to see what it's all about.

#1767 7 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I played a quick game tonight at my local league where the game has just been sighted. It looks great. Sounds great. I enjoyed playing and look forward to digging deeper in the next week to see what it's all about.

Yeah, I'm going to camp down at the Diggers on it all next week if I can, haha. What time do they open?

#1768 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, I'm going to camp down at the Diggers on it all next week if I can, haha. What time do they open?

11am. The Pinball Marathon starts next week but I don't expect too many there during the day.

#1769 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If it looks fun to you and you would play it "a lot" on location then why wouldn't you consider owning it?

Theme can kill a game no mater what the price DI is not for me

#1770 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Theme can kill a game no mater what the price DI is not for me

True I guess. Just like Star Wars, even if its fun as heck I hate the theme and wouldn't want it in my house probably.

#1771 7 years ago

I don't really have a prob w/Jody. There are worse pinball personalities here on Pinside (myself included ha)

But... During the next live stream we should ask Jody why they aren't replacing defective PF's

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-playfield-restoration-begins

#1772 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't really have a prob w/Jody. There are worse pinball personalities here on Pinside (myself included ha)
But... During the next live stream we should ask Jody why they aren't replacing defective PF's
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-playfield-restoration-begins

That would probably definitely shut him up and keep him from talking lol. What a great idea!

#1773 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

In Jody's defense, he hasn't been too bad the last couple of streams. Only time he bothered me was in the GB stream, I think he forgot to take his Riddelin that day or something. He's probably an ok guy.

I personally met Jody on a tour. He is an upstanding guy. Very fun to be around.

#1774 7 years ago

I don't mind Jody. I'm glad he's setting up these streams so we can see the games in action early on.

#1775 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I personally met Jody on a tour. He is an upstanding guy. Very fun to be around.

I don't doubt that. He drove me nuts on the GB stream because he wouldn't shut up and I couldn't enjoy the stream because of it, then he kinda went off on someone using a KPG screen name which was very unprofessional

I'll give him a pass though, we've all been douche bags at one time or another in our lives. As long as you learn from it that's all that matters. Those who don't stay douche bags their entire life.

#1776 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't doubt that. He drove me nuts on the GB stream because he wouldn't shut up and I couldn't enjoy the stream because of it, then he kinda went off on someone using a KPG screen name which was very unprofessional
I'll give him a pass though, we've all been douche bags at one time or another in our lives. As long as you learn from it that's all that matters. Those who don't stay douche bags their entire life.

Best Saturday Night Live ever.....original cast:

Announcing: Lord and Lady Douche Bag..."Whats that new invention your sitting on Douche Bag?"

Belushi as The Earl of Sandwich.......Still cant stop laughing at that 40 years later....

#1777 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's a fact. lol. If you ever get a chance and you're visiting chicagoland. Look up Jody and try to get a tour scheduled.

#1778 7 years ago

Does anyone know when the pre-order Pro's are shipping to the US customers?

#1779 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Does anyone know when the pre-order Pro's are shipping to the US customers?

There is no need to pre pay for a pro myself it is a dream theme but I am waiting for the fall and more code to drop

#1780 7 years ago

During the next live stream we can make our screen names something meaningful like

"CHIP"
"180GRIT"
"GREED"
"CLEARCOAT"
"SANDPAPER"
"AREYOUSERIOUS"
"WOFWIZARD"
"GHOSTEDINSERT"
"FIXTHEPF's"
"CODEKISS"
"GOTORBIT"
"CHANGE.ORG"
"KPGPLAYFIELD"
"TWDHORDERESET"
"STRESET"

#1781 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

During the next live stream we can make our screen names something meaningful like
"CHIP"
"GREED"
"CLEARCOAT"
"SANDPAPER"
"AREYOUSERIOUS"
"WOFWIZARD"
"GHOSTEDINSERT"
"FIXTHEPF's"
"CODEKISS"
"GOTORBIT"
"CHANGE.ORG"
"KPGPLAYFIELD"
"TWDHORDERESET"
"STRESET"

Love it. Would like to add...

GOTCODE

Has 2 meanings

#1782 7 years ago

Looking for some confirmations from anyone who's played and/or knows the rules:

LE upper playfield: how long does double scoring last? And if you complete the upper playfield while double scoring is active, does it bump up to triple scoring? Or does it reset the double scoring timer?

Pro: how is double scoring activated.

#1783 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Filler modes...copy and paste. I don't have a problem with them as long as there's other unique modes that require a player to work the entire playfield.

#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

God that was bad. All the posting on that stream was totally out of control though...it was actually the best part.
The KPG thing was pretty damn funny...and all the kenada talk. Shit...that was actually a good time now that I think of it.

#1785 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God that was bad. All the posting on that stream was totally out of control though...it was actually the best part.
The KPG thing was pretty damn funny...and all the kenada talk. Shit...that was actually a good time now that I think of it.

Lol that's funny. Just wasn't funny at the time because I was trying to pay attention to a game that I was interested in. My GB Premium arrives tomorrow actually. ....feels like Christmas in February!!!

#1786 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My GB Premium arrives tomorrow

You bought a NIB Stern during 2016/2017?

CORNHOLE (resized).jpgCORNHOLE (resized).jpg

#1787 7 years ago

bug code ?

ok, as a player i've watched the DEAD FLIP stream to already learn rules & gameplay (which again is really Lonnie classic)
now, my son get a ask, i may have missed an explanation :

about the lock & the box, while playing with more than 1 player :

we logically understand that box will close to (not) get the jump-ball if there's already a ball locked in the box (by a previous player), and this until number of lock will be OK with number of balls already in the box...

question :

let's admit player 1 will lock 5 balls (and didnt "takes" his multiball), than ball drain...
up to player 2 : this player lock 1 ball (which than dont go in the box), than lock ball 2 (same), than lock ball 3 (same), than he choose to start his multiball 3-balls... he will than get 1 ball already on the playfield, and as its a real lock in the box, the 5 balls already locked in it, thats 6 balls on the playfield...

HOUSTON, we have a problem !?

#1788 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

bug code ?
ok, as a player i've watched the DEAD FLIP stream to already learn rules & gameplay (which again is really Lonnie classic)
now, my son get a ask, i may have missed an explanation :
about the lock & the box, while playing with more than 1 player :
we logically understand that box will close to (not) get the jump-ball if there's already a ball locked in the box (by a previous player), and this until number of lock will be OK with number of balls already in the box...
question :
let's admit player 1 will lock 5 balls (and didnt "takes" his multiball), than ball drain...
up to player 2 : this player lock 1 ball (which than dont go in the box), than lock ball 2 (same), than lock ball 3 (same), than he choose to start his multiball 3-balls... he will than get 1 ball already on the playfield, and as its a real lock in the box, the 5 balls already locked in it, thats 6 balls on the playfield...
HOUSTON, we have a problem !?

In a multi player game, they probably never let more than 2 balls in the box at a time and auto launch the rest. Or what would be better yet if player 1 locked in 5 but didn't start multi-ball, you could steal their locked balls for yourself if your next up and can start a multiball and you would go from a 3 to 6 ball multi-ball b/c they failed to start it.

#1789 7 years ago

heu no... as from what i've seen, they've locked more than 2 balls in that box

the solution could be to NOT authorize a player to start a multiball with less than the "number of balls +1" already in the box, but than not fair in a 1 VS 1 game

or more simple, add a multiplayer set-up to disable the real-lock and than only count balls with a virtual lock

#1790 7 years ago

lol you've changed your answer while i was replying...

than OK its funny if you steal his balls, but can't go like that in tournament
and its not because he "failed", but because tacticaly he choose to go for a 6 balls MB (as in Mustang)

#1791 7 years ago

I would think any player starting multiball would have to lock 'at minimum' the number of balls in the box before being allowed to start multiball. This would make for an interesting multiplayer battle.

And i would also think that if player A does take all the toy box multiballs; player B does not have to start over locking balls as they can just be plunged into play.

So no ball lock stealing persay, but a ball lock limit bar would be in effect for multiplayer.

#1792 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol that's funny. Just wasn't funny at the time because I was trying to pay attention to a game that I was interested in. My GB Premium arrives tomorrow actually. ....feels like Christmas in February!!!

GBLE is a keeper. Wife pleaser. A ton of fun!!! Turn off screaming women mode with kids/family...

#1793 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You bought a NIB Stern during 2016/2017?

I actually bought 2 last year and they are both fine with no issues and then I wanted a GB but wouldn't get one because of all the problems at first. I've decided now it is a little safer and I'm getting one tomorrow. I think it will be fine, we will see. I'm not going to get all cocky about it and then jinx myself, but I feel confident that it will be ok. A friend of mine has one with an October playfield and it's perfect shape. I also haven't heard of near as many problems lately as there was when GB first came out. May not be the smartest thing to do but I want a GB so bad you wouldn't believe it so I'm getting one.

#1794 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

GBLE is a keeper. Wife pleaser. A ton of fun!!! Turn off screaming women mode with kids/family...

Yes I'm turning off the screaming crap for sure. I'm getting the Premium model, can't wait. It's such a great game.

#1795 7 years ago

IMG_7090 (resized).PNGIMG_7090 (resized).PNG

IMG_7089 (resized).JPGIMG_7089 (resized).JPG

#1796 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I would think any player starting multiball would have to lock 'at minimum' the number of balls in the box before being allowed to start multiball. This would make for an interesting multiplayer battle.

And i would also think that if player A does take all the toy box multiballs; player B does not have to start over locking balls as they can just be plunged into play.
So no ball lock stealing persay, but a ball lock limit bar would be in effect for multiplayer.

yep, my son & i also think about that possible rule, inovative, but again will not work in tournament...

and of course i agree for not needing to lock all other again

#1797 7 years ago

Why does he have a ballsack hanging under his chin?

#1798 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Why does he have a ballsack hanging under his chin?

Because he's a family guy?

#1799 7 years ago

Any more news of Pro models arriving in the states?
So far I have only heard of an Arcade in California and Logan's in Chicago.
But Logan's is just a test place and does not really count.

#1800 7 years ago

The 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' mode seems fun... It's amusing to see the silhouette reveals and it's usually a guy, but the odd time it's a woman too. Kudos to Lonnie for something imaginative like that!

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/36?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.