You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 84.
#1601 3 years ago

The game looks great. The right ramp is really nice and the toy box is super cool!

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Very KISS-y. Very.

At least the sound effects have been changed for the better. It doesn't sound like KISS any more.

Rob

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Looks great.... watching the stream now.. little disappointed neither designer nor developer are present to offer some insight and feedback during the event. Oh well, make it happen next time!

That's what makes the live streams so great is when the programmer and designer are there. I would have been more surprised if LR was there.

Rob

#1604 3 years ago

Jody wearing a Rogue One shirt on stream. Star Wars confirmed?

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

At least the sound effects have been changed for the better. It doesn't sound like KISS any more.
Rob

Yes, that's a plus, but the play is VERY KISS-like.

#1606 3 years ago

Stern has it.....steve richie doing it.

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Very KISS-y. Very.

It's like they took everything that's wrong with KISS and redesigned it to make an awesome pin!

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

San Diego ComicCon reveal

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It's like they took everything that's wrong with KISS and redesigned it to make an awesome pin!

We'll see about that. For one, the upper playfield does not seem awesome at all. Seems dumb in the livestream.

#1610 3 years ago

Were they playing the Premium on Deadflip?

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Were they playing the Premium on Deadflip?

Yep.

#1612 3 years ago

I am surprised there wansn't more attention to the stream on Pinside. Maybe because there wasn't much to complain about? It played really well and the code seemed pretty deep. This may be a sleeper hit.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am surprised there wansn't more attention to the stream on Pinside. Maybe because there wasn't much to complain about? It played really well and the code seemed pretty deep. This may be a sleeper hit.

Seems like quite a few are sitting this one out, hence the lack of excitement for the stream.

#1614 3 years ago

Stream replay is here if you missed it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121167845

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I have confirmed this as well.
Done deal.
Now I have not heard if it is next out or not but it has been awhile for Ritchie now.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Done deal.
Now I have not heard if it is next out or not but it has been awhile for Ritchie now.

Predicted Order of events:

1. Elvira 3 (House of Horrors) @ TPF
2. Star Wars @ Comicon

#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Really a shame. I just hope he does something innovative and no rehash stuff like the past few have been.

#1618 3 years ago

Must say Aerosmith looks to be much better to shoot than bat66 . Just more going on and better shots imo. Its also much cheaper. Code looks pretty good so far also.

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really a shame. I just hope he does something innovative and no rehash stuff like the past few have been.

BK2K is due for a rehash

Premium/LE will have the upper PF.

Pro will not.

You heard it here first folks

#1620 3 years ago

Watching the play. Looks like a solid pin. A bit worried about a lot of the shots up he middle just hitting something then being dead. Almost TMNT like bad shot layout.
I'm definitely feeling the premium has not enough to offer. May seriously look for a pro on the secondary or new market end of year or next. Got my cash reserved for this year.

#1621 3 years ago

Yeah the video didn't convince me of the value of the upper PF. Are the pop bumpers RGB color changing on the pro?

#1622 3 years ago

Bk2k is a rehash.
Give me ghost In the shell and I'd be selling a lot to fund a premium.
So many fresh and never done themes why do a rehash or sequel.

Aerosmith looks cool. Can't wait to play one.

#1623 3 years ago

Game looks cool. I actually like the added element of the upper pf. Does anyone know what's needed to be done to activate 2X scoring on a pro?

Looks like the PREM you can lock a ball in sparky during multiball for 2X scoring and hit the upper pf loop for 4X scoring. Not sure how that's performed on the pro.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Done deal.

Star Wars is the Expo game

#1625 3 years ago

Game looks awesome. I cannot wait to play this pin. Game appears well coded. Look forward to hitting some super jackpots! Multi balls action looked like fun. Artwork is fantastic. Looking forward to getting my game and blasting some old Aerosmith songs!!!

#1626 3 years ago

Just watched the Dead Flip stream and I gotta say that this game looks pretty Bad Azz! I am not an Aerosmith fan.....don't hate them, just don't really like them that much but the artwork is fantastic, toys and playfield layout are cool, animations are cool, the music is good, and the game just looks fun as hell. I have dogged this game from day one because of the theme and because Steven Tyler is.....Imo a pretty strange guy. I thought this pin was going to be WWE bad! It's time to eat my crow now because this game elfin rocks and is going to be a huge seller for Stern, as long as the Pro model isn't a Turd.

From what I have seen tonight, I would not rule this pin out if the Pro model is good, and from what I've seen so far this game kicks Batmans Ass big time and Batman is pretty much a dream theme for me.

#1627 3 years ago

Here is the archive of tonight's stream on Aerosmith!

Give it a bit, as it's transcoding better qualities!
(Side note, hit that sub button on youtube for us! It's free and helps a ton!)

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Jody wearing a Rogue One shirt on stream. Star Wars confirmed?

He wore a Star Wars shirt with millennium falcon on it ages ago with the GoT broadcast. Pretty sure he's just a good ol fashioned SW fan but it cracks me up how you guys read into things and analyse shit. He was drinking a coke too. A coke theme on the way?

You may be right, and I hope so, but it his shirt has nothing to do with it.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

He was drinking a coke too. A coke theme on the way?

I'd be really excited if he was wearing a pepsi t-shirt and a Pepsiman pin was on the way. Insta-buy for me.

#1630 3 years ago

He drank 3 cokes....Half-Life 3 confirmed

#1631 3 years ago

Game looks like it plays butter smooth and the code looks very good so far. This maybe the sleeper hit of the year.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here is the archive of tonight's stream on Aerosmith!
Give it a bit, as it's transcoding better qualities!
(Side note, hit that sub button on youtube for us! It's free and helps a ton!)
» YouTube video

Jack - Great job with the Stern stream as always. Appreciate you doing it. Next time, get KME on that thing since he will be in the building!

#1633 3 years ago

I like what Jody had to say about the self calibration on the magnet feed lock mech. It was a concern for me but it sounds like it will perform or at least correct itself to function properly while still initiating the lock sequence. It looks like a fun game and I think it will do well on location and attract new players. So far this game is looking good. I still think the Pro is the way to go on this one, but I will wait to play both to get a good feeling. Also, thanks to Dead Flip for taking the time to do the stream.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our prototype Aerosmith Topper. It has 2 controllers, one with remote for the back panel and one for the front flame effect attached to the back. It comes with 2 10" replica Joe Perry guitars, 3D effect flames and Hi Rez speaker art. I am really happy with how it turned out. I will be taking pre orders so if your interested email me direct, NO Pinside mail .
joe@laseriffic.com
Thanks
Joe
» YouTube video

I would buy this even if I didn't have the game .... I would mount it to my mantle in the basement ... Nice job!!

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Seems like quite a few are sitting this one out, hence the lack of excitement for the stream.

Put this game next to DI or BM66 I pick Aerosmith hands down

#1636 3 years ago

I watched the replay. That upper playfield is the biggest waste of space. People complained how the upper playfield on GOT would kill the flow.

Someone had said earlier that the game is very KISS-y. They hit the nail on the head.

#1637 3 years ago

The pro looks like a top 20 pin. So far the art, rules, layout, sounds, LCD all look great. Hopefully no QC issues.

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I watched the replay. That upper playfield is the biggest waste of space. People complained how the upper playfield on GOT would kill the flow.
Someone had said earlier that the game is very KISS-y. They hit the nail on the head.

At the moment. I disagree about the upper pf. On GOT, the upper pf takes up 1/4+ of the entire game and is used to try and keep a very flowy game flowing, and it does this well for the most part except ramp shots always go to the upper pf - and it lacks interesting rules. On Aerosmith, the upper pf is in quite a discrete location, ramp shots are really ramp shots and upper pf rules are quick simple and keep the action flowing. If I had the money, I'd lean towards the PREM or Le, plus that light show is awesome! Also, it's still not clear what starts double scoring on the pro, is it even on the pro? Or a PREM/LE feature?

Anyone got the matrix list, is there any other additions on the PREM?

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Hopefully no QC issues.

One of the STL guys who posts here (I dont know him personally or recall his avatar) just accepted delivery of a NIB MET.

When I saw him post his NIB was on the way I thought to myself "too soon". The QC issues are IMO not in the rearview yet.

His clear is chipping off the game already & there are other mechanical/electronic issues preventing him from playing the game & Stern is not responding to his warranty claims if I understand things correctly.

I played a fairly recent GB last weekend with chipping around the Scolari bros.

Hopefully this shit is fixed before Star Wars is released. I'm no underwriter but I see all risk & no upside buying anything with 2016/2017 stamped on the PF.

#1640 3 years ago

after watching the live Dead Flip podcast, that hideous upper mini PF on the Prem looks like a complete disaster. Notice the posts directly in front of the single flipper? Whats with the 4" skill shot to elevator? I know I would get really annoyed/bored with this alone. So thankful I called & downgraded my LE to a Pro!

Pro is the only way to go IMHO.

pro-vs-LE (resized).jpg

#1641 3 years ago

Man, the LCD implementation looks great!

Much better than BM66 with the looping videos clips.

#1642 3 years ago

Watched a bit yesterday and it actually got me interested in the game. I guess I like Aerosmith music more than I thought... caught myself taping my foot and finger a few times.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Man, the LCD implementation looks great!
Much better than BM66 with the looping videos clips.

Agreed. I was really impressed with the animations and use of LCD.

#1644 3 years ago

Pro is IMO the way to go on this title

That's good because Pro is the only way I will go on any title due to the ridiculous pricing of Premiums.

If Stern makes lame pros & awesome premiums they get $0 from me. Code, pricing & QC has slowly pushed me into other hobbies & I'm just seeing less & less value in pinball lately.

Stern will survive without me. No worries

LCD is DOPE! My DMD games can suck it. No way in hell moving FW I'd buy a used DMD Pro listed @ $4500 then buy a $400 color DMD when a NIB LCD magically arrives @ my house for $300 more

#1645 3 years ago

Yeah you can always count on Borg to give us a kick ass pro the master of flow is back; everyone else has been put on notice
BORG RULES

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Watched a bit yesterday and it actually got me interested in the game. I guess I like Aerosmith music more than I thought... caught myself taping my foot and finger a few times.

Same here, I thought this pin was going to suck really bad and I will admit that I ragged on it hard. I am eating some serious crow right now and happy about it. This pin may very well make its way into my lineup.

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Pro is IMO the way to go on this title
That's good because Pro is the only way I will go on any title due to the ridiculous pricing of Premiums.
If Stern makes lame pros & awesome premiums they get $0 from me. Code, pricing & QC has slowly pushed me into other hobbies & I'm just seeing less & less value in pinball lately.
Stern will survive without me. No worries

I'm with you about the Pro models. If they start cheaping out on the Pro models then they lose me as a customer. I am buying a GB Premium but that's a one time thing for me and it's only because I like GB so much. Pros only for me from here out because that's what fits my budget. I will go without though before I settle for junk Pros.

#1648 3 years ago

I'm currently in the market for a new Stern Pro. I was firmly in the GB Pro camp, but now I'm seriously thinking Aerosmith. Hmmm.

The Pro looks great on this one, and I can't help but feel like the GB DMD makes the game look a little dated.

#1649 3 years ago

I thought the game looked great! The pro looks to be a winner just like Metallica!

#1650 3 years ago

It does look like Stern did a good job on this one. I don't think the upper pf is a disaster. It's tucked in the corner and pretty simple. That's the way it should be. I really like how the balls are tossed in the box. Very cool. Shots look fun even though very Kiss like. Theme sours it for me. Maybe interest will grow once I play it. Some of my fav pins are those I thought would suck before playing or had some bias.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside