You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 84.
#1551 7 years ago

We are going with mirror blades on this one.
But you can't go wrong either way because the playfield is so wide open.
Art will look just as awesome.

#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The majority of these machines are still sold to the operator market. In a home setting it would be easy to check pinballs often but one damaged pinball could ruin a play field on location in a very short amount of time.

Not sure how many BM66 LEs or SLEs went to general public. If your more concerned about a goober pinball putting the Grind on your new playfield, why not do as others and put on a Playfield Protector? PPs are not my style.... kinda like using a rubber with your wife in bed, when your wife is past menopause...it don't make much sense to me, but that's me. I would think an operator spending 80 Benjamins would be diligent with their business resources and wax and replace $2 pinballs regularly. Hey but that's me, that's why I aint no operator...LOL. I do know what I like and purchase, and I don't appreciate moon craters on the playfield, irrespective of the material, wood, plastic or metal. It is just a sign of poor quality. Old Man Stern and the Stern family should be disappointed, IMHO. No worries if you agree to disagree.

#1553 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Not sure how many BM66 LEs or SLEs went to general public. If your more concerned about a goober pinball putting the Grind on your new playfield, why not do as others and put on a Playfield Protector? PPs are not my style.... kinda like using a rubber with your wife in bed, when your wife is past menopause...it don't make much sense to me, but that's me. I would think an operator spending 80 Benjamins would be diligent with their business resources and wax and replace $2 pinballs regularly. Hey but that's me, that's why I aint no operator...LOL. I do know what I like and purchase, and I don't appreciate moon craters on the playfield, irrespective of the material, wood, plastic or metal. It is just a sign of poor quality. Old Man Stern and the Stern family should be disappointed, IMHO. No worries if you agree to disagree.

It sounds like you have an unrealistic perception of how these magnet cores are designed. Probably should avoid buying NIB machines in the future so you don't lose sleep over the dimples on your PF and just stick to location play.

#1554 7 years ago

The core of a pinball magnet will be a fine balancing act of alloys. On the one hand it has to maintain a high iron content that is essential for the correct operation of the magnet. On the other hand it has to be as durable as possible and also rust proof.
Too much of one thing will adversely effect another.

It certainly isn't as straight forward as some believe.

#1555 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Same guy thats asking why they dont make the magnet cores harder than the balls............ Even if they could why would they, if they did it would mar the ball and chew up your playfield.

#1556 7 years ago

Magnets, schmagnets. Who's ready for Jack Danger's stream later today!

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Magnets, schmagnets. Who's ready for Jack Danger's stream later today!

You are going to have to be very patient....

"Aerosmith live gameplay stream will be on Friday, Feb 10 @ Stern."

#1558 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It sounds like you have an unrealistic perception of how these magnet cores are designed. Probably should avoid buying NIB machines in the future so you don't lose sleep over the dimples on your PF and just stick to location play.

You may be correct of my perception, but you may be wrong too. No matter, my perception changes based on factual events. I would think about what you tell me I should do, but I am laughing so hard I just cant think straight. You telling me what I should do?? LMAO!!! You are funny like all the other folks who know better than me for me....LMAO. Thanks for that All the best to you and the crater , dimple, acne pinball patina lovers of the world. No worries, no bad days!!

#1559 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You are going to have to be very patient....
"Aerosmith live gameplay stream will be on Friday, Feb 10 @ Stern."

Longest. Day. Ever. 168ish hours left of "today"

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Same guy thats asking why they dont make the magnet cores harder than the balls............ Even if they could why would they, if they did it would mar the ball and chew up your playfield.

Is your preference to have a nasty looking magnet ring that looks worse than moon craters or a full face of Freshman acne. If they could select the correct metal hardness material they would because the magnet ring looks TERRIBLE after a week of play for a pricey machine.

Simply put, its about expectations....I didn't expect my BM66 to have nasty craters in the playfield after a week of play. If you expect that than you have different expectations. Good for you, the world needs diversity.

#1561 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Is your preference to have a nasty looking magnet ring that looks worse than moon craters or a full face of Freshman acne. If they could select the correct metal hardness material they would because the magnet ring looks TERRIBLE after a week of play for a pricey machine.
Simply put, its about expectations....I didn't expect my BM66 to have nasty craters in the playfield after a week of play. If you expect that than you have different expectations. Good for you, the world needs diversity.

Go bitch on the dimples bash thread leave the game thread to the game fans or are one just one more pinsider that like to shit on threads

377455 (resized).png377455 (resized).png

#1562 7 years ago

Can someone post some cool Aerosmith pinball pics, focus people.

#1563 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Go bitch on the dimples bash thread leave the game thread to the game fans or are one just one more pinsider that like to shit on threads

Sure JY, whatever you say. I will do as you say.... LMAO.

You misinterpreted an explanation and discussion to "bitching" LOL. I mean LMAO. No worries if you are one of the ones responsible for the QA/QC and material selection at Stern and that you are offended the discussion exists. Don't like the sounds so shut it down....LMAO. Berkley is calling.

LMK if they decide to change out the magnet ring material on the AerosmithLE from the one they used on BM66LE, or go back to the previous method of using the waxed wood clear coated playfield. Its okay to make mistakes. Everyone does. No bad days, no worries, not for me so far.

BTW: Nice selfie....

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I am not a pinball designer. Above my pay grade.

BOY 78 I do not say anything when people are not all love but you have clogged this thread regurgitating the same shit over and over ten post in the last 24 hours get over it

#1565 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

BOY 78 I do not say anything when people are not all love but you have clogged this thread regurgitating the same shit over and over ten post in the last 24 hours get over it

Like I said, you must be offended and I don't understand. Too bad you cant have an open discussion with you and others who are offended, without insinuating nasty things with pictures of weird people. Good example for others. That's the point you showed yourself. The fact you have pics of people like that on your hard drive makes me wonder....WTF? Unless that really is a selfie....LMAO. No worries JY, I am sure your job is secure at Stern, or wherever.

Curious if the steel in the tin foil magnet ring is from overseas. Check the BOM on the shop drawings and post a pic. Big thanks for clarifying it up for me, once you do. Hope you fix it for AerosmithLE. I hope you do, but hope is not a strategy. LOL. Cognitive dissonance welcome. No worries it runs rampant.

#1566 7 years ago

Man, if Stern could build a quality product I would have already ordered a Premium.

#1567 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Like I said, you must be offended and I don't understand. Too bad you cant have an open discussion with you and others who are offended, without insinuating nasty things with pictures of weird people. Good example for others. That's the point you showed yourself. The fact you have pics of people like that on your hard drive makes me wonder....WTF? Unless that really is a selfie....LMAO. No worries JY, I am sure your job is secure at Stern, or wherever.
Curious if the steel in the tin foil magnet ring is from overseas. Check the BOM on the shop drawings and post a pic. Big thanks for clarifying it up for me, once you do. Hope you fix it for AerosmithLE. I hope you do, but hope is not a strategy. LOL. Cognitive dissonance welcome. No worries it runs rampant.

Be glad Stern spent the money on a magnet ring older Stern games had playfield burn when they had no protective ring

#1568 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Be glad Stern spent the money on a magnet ring older Stern games had playfield burn when they had no protective ring

JY, You and I think differently, which is good, I think. You think I should be happy Stern provided me an inferior product relative to its predecessor. But you are wrong, no I am not happy Stern spent money on an inferior approach. It sucks, IMHO. Never had any mag burn on my playfield on my Sterns in my collection. Its a few. Regardless of your inappropriate responses, the material of construction of the magnet ring is inappropriate too, IMHO. Willful ignorance is not an attribute for any person, company or government, IMHO.

BTW: How steep can a pinball ramp be without launching a solid shot in the air? Answer me this please.

#1569 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Who's ready for Jack Danger's stream later today!

Mrs. Danger.

#1570 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Man, if Stern could build a quality product I would have already ordered a Premium.

Even if I was interested, that Jester voice sparky-rehash completely turned me off, especially with how much he's chatting. I'm sure that production choice has blown quite a few sales of Aerosmith.

#1571 7 years ago

Honestly that's a selling point for me. Too bad I don't like Aerosmith. Brendan Small is great, and the only thing I dislike about the voice is I can't have a Dethklok pin with Face Bones yelling at me.

#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No doubt. I was planning on another Stern in an AerosmithLE with a mirrored BG and excellent art and metal ramps with great Stereo and loud music from the past - way freakin cool man, but I am going to, at the very least, delay until after AFMr and Dialed In LE/CE are paid for in full. Besides Star Wars is coming with Ritchie, flow Master. I just found out about Spooky and they look like a quality group of folks, so maybe they will get my cash. The Jetsons looks interesting doesn't it?

I listed my BM66LE with near 50 plays for $9000.00 on the market place. If JY wants it, I will ship it to him NAVL - No Charge.

#1573 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even if I was interested, that Jester voice sparky-rehash completely turned me off, especially with how much he's chatting. I'm sure that production choice has blown quite a few sales of Aerosmith.

i personally love the sparky voice (Brenden Small), don't feel it's overused or annoying whatsoever on my MET, & can't f'en wait to hear his call-outs on AS. Also, looking forward to Jack Danger next Friday!!

#1574 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Jetsons looks interesting doesn't it?
I listed my BM66LE with near 50 plays for $9000.00 on the market place. If JY wants it, I will ship it to him NAVL - No Charge.

no I think all these games are for well it would not be nice to say

#1575 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

no I think all these games are for well it would not be nice to say

Not sure what you are trying to say. Why not say it? Your a funny one. BM66LE isn't your cup of tea? You will attempt to silence the truth, but when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is, you sound confused. Just as I figured. I know you, your funny. LMAO.

Not sure why you wouldn't jump on a HUO BM66LE shipped to your door for $9000 if you think it is the Bomb; and act so inappropriately to defend it. I tell you what, for you I will ship it to your place in Chicagoland? for a total of $8500.00. PM and I will get your address and I will give you the info for the bank wire. If your in Riverside, my family friends will be happy to deliver special white glove service.

BTW: A selfie is not a selfie if your mom is taking the picture. I see her picture in the reflection...LMAO. Thanks for that, best all week.

#1576 7 years ago

Is the dead flip stream tonight?

#1577 7 years ago

Next week the 10th this game looks cool

#1578 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Looks very cool, but these clowns can't build a reliable machine.

#1579 7 years ago

I understand the concern with the magnet area on AEROSMITH. I am having trouble picturing what you are talking about. Does someone have a picture of this elusive magnet ring. I know my SST has just a dome shaped core slightly protruding that's designed to get beat and replaced.
Actually where is the magnet even located on AS.

#1580 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Not sure what you are trying to say. Why not say it? Your a funny one. BM66LE isn't your cup of tea? You will attempt to silence the truth, but when it comes time to put your money where your mouth is, you sound confused. Just as I figured. I know you, your funny. LMAO.
Not sure why you wouldn't jump on a HUO BM66LE shipped to your door for $9000 if you think it is the Bomb; and act so inappropriately to defend it. I tell you what, for you I will ship it to your place in Chicagoland? for a total of $8500.00. PM and I will get your address and I will give you the info for the bank wire. If your in Riverside, my family friends will be happy to deliver special white glove service.
BTW: A selfie is not a selfie if your mom is taking the picture. I see her picture in the reflection...LMAO. Thanks for that, best all week.

Paying those prices for a pinball game is for fools

#1581 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Paying those prices for a pinball game is for fools

JY,
Your too funny, funny strange. Why is it when you cant have a conversation or agree to disagree you and others of like mind, always come back to name calling. I would call you a loser, but I try to refrain from inappropriate behavior, that would make me what I would consider a LOSER.

BTW: STFU if you cant pony up the money for a machine. You should consider a thread that makes more sense for your pocketbook and lifestyle. You cant afford Aerosmith so WTF? Since you seem kinda tight with your money but loose with your lips, I will give BM66LE No 69 to you for $8000.00 shipped just for fun!! PM me. I want YOU to have it. YOU deserve it!!

Post that pic of the Bill of Materials from the approved Shop Drawing for that magnet ring for BM66 LE and Aerosmith LE and we can discuss it some more. No name calling...just facts.

#1582 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

JY,
Your too funny, funny strange. Why is it when you cant have a conversation or agree to disagree you and others of like mind, always come back to name calling. I would call you a loser, but I try to refrain from inappropriate behavior, that would make me what I would consider a LOSER.
BTW: STFU if you cant pony up the money for a machine. You should consider a thread that makes more sense for your pocketbook and lifestyle. You cant afford Aerosmith so WTF? Since you seem kinda tight with your money but loose with your lips, I will give BM66LE No 69 to you for $8000.00 shipped just for fun!! PM me. I want YOU to have it. YOU deserve it!!
Post that pic of the Bill of Materials from the approved Shop Drawing for that magnet ring for BM66 LE and Aerosmith LE and we can discuss it some more. No name calling...just facts.

I find it funny you bitch about name calling as you do your fair share . On the subject of can I afford it I would rather pay $10,000 on a painting then a pin I have never seen a pin worth that kind of money

#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I hope its better than the live stream for batman66. I will be watching. I am curious if the right ramp acts as a ski ramp (NGG like) with a solid shot. Looks steep, short and close to the flippers. What is the maximum slope of a pinball ramp? When is a ramp too steep? Lets ask Mr. Owl, surely he knows.....

#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I find it funny you bitch about name calling as you do your fair share . On the subject of can I afford it I would rather pay $10,000 on a painting then a pin I have never seen a pin worth that kind of money

Hi JY,
I am glad I could make you laugh. Making progress. You seem uptight. Lighten up Francis, No Bad Days. Not sure of me calling anyone names, LMK if you can find that. LOL You and others of like mind are sad with your responses, and quite predictable.

Please post the BOM from the approved Shop Drawings...then we can have an intelligent conversation on the appropriateness of the magnet ring material of construction selection.

BTW: Why are you on this thread if you call us losers who buy these pins; and you have intention of spending your money on fine art. There are Fine Art websites like pinside aren't there? You could spend time there and possibly find more places for weird pics to load on your c drive. LMAO.

Post the BOM of the mag ring pics please and then we can have an educated discussion. Thanks.

#1585 7 years ago

How about JY and Benetboy take it to PMs or drop it. You two are acting like little kids. Let it go. Back to discussing Aerosmith.

#1586 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How about JY and Benetboy take it to PMs or drop it. You two are acting like little kids. Let it go. Back to discussing Aerosmith.

Last one norcal boy78 I am on this thread because I am from New England and that make this a must have game but not till late 2017 early 2018 to see how things shape up

#1587 7 years ago

Yes , I mentioned something very similar about 20 posts ago. Aerosmith pin pics please.

#1588 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Last one norcal boy78 I am on this thread because I am from New England and that make this a must have game

Crap. Does that mean I have to move out of New England?

#1589 7 years ago

No problem. Sorry you feel it was childish. I was trying to keep it at a parental level. Again, no problem. No Bad Days, No Worries.

Just asking reasonable questions and getting BS and nasty in response. LMAO. Welcome to the New America.

#1590 7 years ago

I noticed the pro edition have started to ship. Waiting on reviews on game play and build quaility.

#1591 7 years ago

Ate they shipping in the states already?

#1592 7 years ago

Yeah think so far just exported pros have shipped

#1594 7 years ago

Jack danger gameplay today ? Right?

#1595 7 years ago

I haven't been asked for final payment yet so we must not be too close. (ASpre)

#1596 7 years ago

Watching the live stream and it seems like many of the (terrible) sounds that were from KISS (spinner, bonus count, super ramps) have now been changed for the better. Although there seems to be a stupid bug where the game closes the toybox and then tries launching the ball into it for a lock.

And it's too bad that neither the designer or programmer are around....

Rob

#1597 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Watching the live stream and it seems like many of the (terrible) sounds that were from KISS (spinner, bonus count, super ramps) have now been changed for the better. Although there seems to be a stupid bug where the game closes the toybox and then tries launching the ball into it for a lock.
And it's too bad that neither the designer or programmer are around....
Rob

Regarding the closed toy box/launch, when I played it there was a deliberate "feature" where the joker complained about being hit in the head with a pinball, and then the ball was launched and hit him in the head. And he said ouch or something. Not sure if that's what's going on here.

#1599 7 years ago

Looks great.... watching the stream now.. little disappointed neither designer nor developer are present to offer some insight and feedback during the event. Oh well, make it happen next time!

#1600 7 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Looks great.... watching the stream now.. little disappointed neither designer nor developer are present to offer some insight and feedback during the event. Oh well, make it happen next time!

Very KISS-y. Very.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.75
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.