You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 84.
#101 8 years ago

So nobody here remembers 3 years ago when the same things were being said about Metallica right up until people saw the artwork?

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So nobody here remembers 3 years ago when the same things were being said about Metallica right up until people saw the artwork?

Exactly - people are very passionate about music, so the negativity comes out pretty strong.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I read there removing that ride for the new Star Wars ride or center

I could see that. The theme was ok, but something more broadly interesting would do much better.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Walk This Way featuring RUN D.M.C.-classic

I remember watching this video over and over on MTV. That was back in the day when MTV used to play music videos.

It's funny how different people had different reactions to the same video.

Many of my black friends would play me mix tapes where black artists would rap over classic rock songs - without the permission of the original artist, of course.

I would nod that it was clever, but I did not want the rap versions poisoning my memory of the original rock song.

Then I remember watching in disbelief when I saw that Aerosmith was COMPLICIT in having their music forever tainted by RunDMC.

I hung my head, one of my favorite classic rock bands had completely sold out

#105 8 years ago

AC/DC would have been much better art wise with a Bon Scott era theme. Similarly, an Aerosmith pin has to be strongly leaning towards the 70's to work. Hand drawn like the Stern Kiss would be good.

#106 8 years ago

I'm not a big Aerosmith fan but with Lyman, Borg, and Dirty Donnie rumored to be at the helm I think it could surprise a lot of people and turn out awesome! Hopefully they follow the formula with Metallica and basically create an original theme with an Aerosmith soundtrack vs. Designing the theme around the band itself. I'm imagine 70s themed classic artwork and maybe they would even throw in the Sparky character and make it a sequel of sorts.

#107 8 years ago

Yeah I'm not saying Aerosmith is the greatest band or anything, just that people should think about it in perspective.

They're actually far more mainstream than Metallica, and stayed revelant in media a lot longer as well (despite bring older!) Again, not comparing quality of bands, but BRANDS.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah I'm not saying Aerosmith is the greatest band or anything, just that people should think about it in perspective.
They're actually far more mainstream than Metallica, and stayed revelant in media a lot longer as well (despite bring older!) Again, not comparing quality of bands, but BRANDS.

Yep, Aerosmith is a way longer running, much more 'middle of the road', less polarizing band.

But is it still cool to **like** Aerosmith today?

I still see strippers with Metallica tshirts on, but I have not seen a kid wear an Aerosmith tshirt since the 90s.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, Aerosmith is a way longer running, much more 'middle of the road', less polarizing band.
But is it still cool to **like** Aerosmith today?
I still see strippers with Metallica tshirts on, but I have not seen a kid wear an Aerosmith tshirt since the 90s.

Kate Hudson knows where to "draw the line" (or does she?!)

7111324_kate-hudson-in-flared-jeans_51fae58a_m.jpg7111324_kate-hudson-in-flared-jeans_51fae58a_m.jpg

#110 8 years ago

I've heard through the grapevine it's actually an Armageddon soundtrack pin.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have not seen a kid wear an Aerosmith tshirt since the 90s.

-

Quoted from PinB:

Kate Hudson knows where to "draw the line".

She sure does, lol.

But she's a 40 year old broad, not a kid.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I've heard through the grapevine it's actually an Armageddon soundtrack pin.

Give me more power ballads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

...and more Aerosmith songs written by Diane Warren.

Diane_Warren_03_b_(resized).jpgDiane_Warren_03_b_(resized).jpg

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-

She sure does, lol.
But she's a 40 year old broad, not a kid.

Okay, how about Miley Cyrus? Or is 23 still too old for you?

8ed18beb3a94c56b896af1b81422398b.jpeg8ed18beb3a94c56b896af1b81422398b.jpeg

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Okay, how about Miley Cyrus? Or is 23 still too old for you?
8ed18beb3a94c56b896af1b81422398b.jpeg

Now you are talkin'

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The music in the game still sucks though. It lacks energy and low end. The music in ACDC gets me going, MET doesn't. But, it's still a fun game to play.

Rob

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The music in the game still sucks though. It lacks energy and low end.

Yeah, we all had to swap out the suckass songs and sappy ballads to make the game rock again:

The unforgiven

Sad but true

One

Fuel

Enter sandman

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah, we all had to swap out the suckass songs and sappy ballads to make the game rock again:
The unforgiven
Sad but true
One
Fuel
Enter sandman

Exactly. What's the problem?

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Exactly. What's the problem?

No problem for me

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No problem for me
» YouTube video

I changed the exact "suckass" songs. With our current options you can put whatever you want in a pin. Make it as lame or awesome as you want. Slapping Four Horsemen in mine was one of my best decisions.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The music in the game still sucks though. It lacks energy and low end. The music in ACDC gets me going, MET doesn't. But, it's still a fun game to play.
Rob

I don't know anything aboot "low end" or any of that shit because it's a pinball machine, not a jukebox, but ACDC music doesn't really "get me going;' so to each their own.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know anything aboot "low end" or any of that shit because it's a pinball machine, not a jukebox, but ACDC music doesn't really "get me going;' so to each their own.

Well said.

#122 8 years ago

Fucking 'A!' I'm literally taking a picture and putting it on my wall. After 4 years for both of us, Markmon agrees with me.
WOW!

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fucking 'A!' I'm literally taking a picture and putting it on my wall. After 4 years for both of us, Markmon agrees with me.
WOW!

I was thinking the same thing. But you made two points and I couldn'tcompletely agree with both.

#124 8 years ago

Songs I would like:

Mama Kin, Ain't that a Bitch, Eat the Rich, Big Ten Inch, Toys in the Attic, Dream On, Amazing, Cryin, Moving Out, Dueces are Wild

#125 8 years ago

Not interested in Aerosmith for my locations

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes, to each their own. I'm not really a fan of either ACDC or MET (the bands), but given a choice I would take ACDC music. It's a matter of preference so we can all agree to disagree if needed.

Rob

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The unforgiven
Sad but true
One
Fuel
Enter sandman

What did you replace them with?

Rob

#128 8 years ago

I'd want a more rocking set list with none of the sappy little girl bullshit:

Toys in the Attic
Kings and Queens
Mama Kin
Let the Music Do the Talking
Lightning Strikes
Chip Away The Stone
No More
Sick As A Dog
Adam's Apple
Train Kept a Rollin'
Uncle Salty
Rats In The Cellar

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'd want a more rocking set list with none of the sappy little girl bullshit:
Toys in the Attic
Kings and Queens
Mama Kin
Let the Music Do the Talking
Lightning Strikes
Chip Away The Stone
No More
Sick As A Dog
Adam's Apple
Train Kept a Rollin'
Uncle Salty
Rats In The Cellar

I think you messed up and forgot cryin'

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Aerosmith...maybe. I am holding out for this fantastic pin idea

Psh...this would rock so much harder.....Yeaaah yeaahhh It's such a Gooood Vibration!!!! It's such a sweeeettt sensation! Donnie D break it down for me fellas......LOL

MI0001821059_(resized).jpgMI0001821059_(resized).jpg

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Not interested in Aerosmith for my locations

I am interested in your opinion. I know your games get a ton of plays on location. My question is as an operator why would you not want to consider an Aerosmith for location? Is it simply because you do not care for the band and have zero interest or is it because you do not think it would be a good earner. From a business perspective it would seem that Aerosmith would do well on location and attract more people that otherwise may just walk by. Aerosmith as a brand is well known and I think it would be a great game for location.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Aerosmith as a brand is well known and I think it would be a great game for location.

The ops I know buy almost every new game that comes out.Including "boutique" games.just to see if it earns.
Perfect example :IJ4.Most players could care less,but man that sucker earned.

#133 8 years ago

For location play, the Aerosmith game could ask you to "pick your location" just like KISS.

You could pick 1 of 2 possible cities and corresponding set lists:

BOSTON - Toys in the Attic, Kings and Queens, Mama Kin, Let the Music Do the Talking, Lightning Strikes, Chip Away The Stone, No More, Sick As A Dog, Adam's Apple, Train Kept a Rollin', Uncle Salty, Rats In The Cellar

SAN FRANCISCO - Cryin', Don't want to miss a thing, Angel, Walk this way (with RunDMC), Crazy, Livin' on the edge, Amazing, Falling in love, Hole in my soul, Pink, Angel's Eye, Love in an Elevator, Janie's Got a Gun, Jaded

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's funny how different people had different reactions to the same video.
Many of my black friends would play me mix tapes where black artists would rap over classic rock songs - without the permission of the original artist, of course.
I would nod that it was clever, but I did not want the rap versions poisoning my memory of the original rock song.
Then I remember watching in disbelief when I saw that Aerosmith was COMPLICIT in having their music forever tainted by RunDMC.
I hung my head, one of my favorite classic rock bands had completely sold out

The RUNDMC version is BETTER than the original. And it wasn't a sellout, at the time it was actually a daring and pioneering collaboration.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The RUNDMC version is BETTER than the original. And it wasn't a sellout, at the time it was actually a daring and pioneering collaboration.

Wrong

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I read there removing that ride for the new Star Wars ride or center

Star Wars land is going where the Indiana Jones Stunt Show is. Toy Story Land is going where the backlot tour once was (the Catastrophy Canyon part already got demolished and the Stunt Show is gone too)

I would not buy an Aerosmith pinball... however I am shocked no one brought up a Queen pinball machine. That would be a purchase guarantee

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was not some collaboration like RunDMC and Aerosmith were friends hanging out drinking and swapping licks.

Rick Rubin was in the studio producing RunDMC and wanted a crossover hit to make white kids listen to rap.

When Rubin first played the track to RunDMC, they had never even heard of the song.

At first RunDMC hated the idea, but Rubin swayed them over with visions of $$$$$ if they could crossover.

The rest is sellout history.

#138 8 years ago

I would be interested in replacing my AC/DC with one. Back in the Saddle, Dream On, Walk This Way, Eat the Rich, Sweet Emotion, Train Kept A' Rolllin', No More No More, Dude Looks Like a Lady, Mama Kin, Janie's Got a Gun.

I'd also replace my AC/DC with an Iron Maiden. I would expect IM artwork to be some of the best ever. I'm a little concerned what would be used for Aerosmith artwork.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It was not some collaboration like RunDMC and Aerosmith were friends hanging out drinking and swapping licks.
Rick Rubin was in the studio producing RunDMC and wanted a crossover hit to make white kids listen to rap.
When Rubin first played the track to RunDMC, they had never even heard of the song.
At first RunDMC hated the idea, but Rubin swayed them over with visions of $$$$$ if they could crossover.

You are completely wrong about RUNDMC. They knew about the aerosmith song as they had rapped over the breakbeat many times. DMC thought the name of the band was "Toys in the Attic." And yeah, it was Rubin's idea. A great idea, which he had a lot of back then.

I don't really know how a corporate rock juggnernaught like Aerosmith - who had already sold out with a reunion tour a couple years earlier despite the fact that they hated each other and were not yet sober - sold out with the RUNDMC thing. Aerosmith have always been sellouts and were desperate to become huge again. The RUNDMC thing helped drag them out of the gutter and make it happen.

It is pretty funny seeing the reactions on this, and that not much has really changed since it came out...it was well documented at the time that people were PISSED about the remake. Old white rock fans mostly, especially in Boston. So the radio stations all stopped playing it because their old white listeners were all pissed. Until of course everybody started begging them to play it again.

I prefer the remake as it's much more interesting and higher energy.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Man, Rubin is a sellout king isn't he?

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are completely wrong about RUNDMC. They knew about the aerosmith song as they had rapped over the breakbeat many times. DMC thought the name of the band was "Toys in the Attic."

Rapping over a breakbeat is not actually knowing a song.

That would be like rapping to Loc's "Wild Thing" means you know "Jamie's Cryin'" by VanHalen .

Rubin has said in many interviews that the band did not know the song, did not know the lyrics, and initially did not want to do the track.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aerosmith have always been sellouts

So it sounds like we are in agreement, lol

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

That guy prints money in his sleep!

Rap, Rock, Country, Metal, Gypsy....he owns it.

1980s

1981: The Pricks - The Pricks
1983: Hose – Hose
1984: T La Rock & Jazzy Jay – "It's Yours"
1984: LL Cool J – "I Need a Beat"
1985: Beastie Boys – Rock Hard
1985: Run-D.M.C. – King of Rock (mixing)
1985: Jazzy Jay – "Def Jam/Cold Chillin' In The Spot"
1985: Jimmy Spicer – "This Is It / Beat The Clock"
1985: Hollis Crew – "It's The Beat"
1985: LL Cool J – Radio
1986: Run-D.M.C. – Raising Hell
1986: Slayer – Reign in Blood
1986: Beastie Boys – Licensed to Ill
1986: Original Concept – Can You Feel It?
1987: Public Enemy – Yo! Bum Rush the Show (exec.)
1987: The Cult – Electric
1987: Run-D.M.C. - "Christmas in Hollis"
1987: Various – Less Than Zero Soundtrack
1987: LL Cool J – "Jack The Ripper"
1988: Public Enemy – It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (exec.)
1988: Slayer – South of Heaven
1988: Danzig – Danzig
1988: Run-D.M.C. – Tougher Than Leather
1988: Masters of Reality – Masters of Reality
1988: Original Concept – Straight from the Basement of Kooley High! (exec.)
1989: LL Cool J – Walking With a Panther
1989: Wolfsbane – Live Fast, Die Fast
1989: Andrew Dice Clay – Dice

1990s

1990: The Black Crowes – Shake Your Money Maker (exec.) - (not originally credited - only after the album sold one million copies)
1990: Andrew Dice Clay – The Day the Laughter Died
1990: Danzig – Danzig II: Lucifuge
1990: Slayer – Seasons in the Abyss
1990: Geto Boys – The Geto Boys (supervisor)
1990: Trouble – Trouble
1990: Wolfsbane – All Hell's Breaking Loose Down at Little Kathy Wilson's Place
1991: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Blood Sugar Sex Magik
1991: Slayer – Decade of Aggression
1991: Andrew Dice Clay – Dice Rules
1991: The Four Horsemen – Nobody Said It Was Easy
1991: Dan Baird – Love Songs for the Hearing Impaired
1992: Sir Mix-a-Lot – Mack Daddy (exec.)
1992: Trouble – Manic Frustration
1992: Danzig – Danzig III: How the Gods Kill (exec.)
1992: The Red Devils – King King
1992: Andrew Dice Clay – 40 Too Long
1992: Red Hot Chili Peppers – What Hits!?
1993: Flipper – American Grafishy (exec.)
1993: Mick Jagger – Wandering Spirit
1993: Raging Slab – Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert (exec.)
1993: The Cult – The Witch (CD, Single)
1993: Danzig – Thrall: Demonsweatlive
1993: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – Flashback
1993: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Greatest Hits
1993: Messiah – 21st Century Jesus (exec.)
1993: Andrew Dice Clay – The Day the Laughter Died, Part II
1993: Digital Orgasm – Do It (exec.)
1993: Barkmarket – Gimmick (exec.)
1993: Various – Last Action Hero: Music From The Original Motion Picture
1994: Johnny Cash – American Recordings
1994: Sir Mix-a-Lot – Chief Boot Knocka (exec.)
1994: Slayer – Divine Intervention (exec.)
1994: Danzig – Danzig 4p
1994: Tom Petty – Wildflowers
1994: Andrew Dice Clay – Dice Live at Madison Square Garden
1994: Deconstruction – Deconstruction (exec.)
1994: Milk – Never Dated (exec.)
1994: Lords of Acid – Voodoo-U (exec.)
1994: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Live Rare Remix Box
1994: Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Plasma Shaft
1995: God Lives Underwater – God Lives Underwater (exec.)
1995: Nine Inch Nails – Further Down the Spiral
1995: Red Hot Chili Peppers – One Hot Minute
1995: AC/DC – Ballbreaker
1995: God Lives Underwater – Empty (exec.)
1995: Jazz Lee Alston – Jazz Lee Alston (exec.)
1996: Slayer – Undisputed Attitude (exec.)
1996: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – She's the One
1996: Sir Mix-a-Lot – Return of the Bumpasaurus (exec.)
1996: Donovan – Sutras
1995: LL Cool J – All World: Greatest Hits
1996: Johnny Cash – Unchained
1996: Barkmarket – L. Ron (exec.)
1996: Raging Slab – Sing Monkey Sing (exec.)
1996: Kwest tha Madd Ladd – This Is My First Album (exec.)
1997: System of a Down - Demo Tape 3
1997: Various – Private Parts: The Album
1998: Slayer – Diabolus in Musica
1998: Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson – VH1 Storytellers
1998: System of a Down – System of a Down
1998: Lucinda Williams – Car Wheels on a Gravel Road (mixing)
1998: Various – Chef Aid: The South Park Album
1998: Sheryl Crow – The Globe Sessions "song sweet child o`mine" included in some editions
1999: Kula Shaker – Peasants, Pigs & Astronauts
1999: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Echo
1999: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Californication
1999: Various – Loud Rocks
1999: Melanie C – Northern Star
1999: Mr. Hankey Poo – Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo
1999: Various – Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics (exec.)

2000s

2000: Johnny Cash – American III: Solitary Man
2000: Rage Against the Machine – Renegades
2000: Eagle-Eye Cherry – Living in the Present Future
2000: Paloalto – Paloalto
2001: Saul Williams – Amethyst Rock Star
2001: American Head Charge – The War of Art
2001: System of a Down – Toxicity
2001: Slayer – God Hates Us All (exec.)
2001: Macy Gray – The Id (exec.)
2001: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan – The Final Studio Recordings
2001: Krishna Das – Breath of the Heart
2002: Aerosmith – O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits
2002: Red Hot Chili Peppers – By the Way
2002: Johnny Cash – American IV: The Man Comes Around
2002: Audioslave – Audioslave
2002: System of a Down – Steal This Album!
2002: Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan – Rahat
2003: The Jayhawks – Rainy Day Music (exec.)
2003: The Mars Volta – De-Loused in the Comatorium
2003: Limp Bizkit – Results May Vary
2003: To My Surprise – To My Surprise (exec.)
2003: Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros – Streetcore
2003: Jay-Z – 99 Problems
2003: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Greatest Hits
2003: Rage Against the Machine – Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium
2003: Johnny Cash – Unearthed
2003: Paloalto – Heroes and Villains
2003: Krishna Das – Door of Faith
2003: Manmade God – Manmade God (exec.)
2004: Johnny Cash – My Mother's Hymn Book
2004: Slipknot – Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
2004: The (International) Noise Conspiracy – Armed Love
2004: Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz – Crunk Juice
2004: T.H. White – More Than Before (keys)
2005: Weezer – Make Believe
2005: System of a Down – Mezmerize
2005: Audioslave – Out of Exile
2005: Shakira – Fijación Oral Vol. 1 (exec.)
2005: Limp Bizkit – Greatest Hitz
2005: Neil Diamond – 12 Songs
2005: System of a Down – Hypnotize
2005: Shakira – Oral Fixation Vol. 2 (exec.)
2006: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Stadium Arcadium
2006: Dixie Chicks – Taking the Long Way
2006: Johnny Cash – American V: A Hundred Highways
2006: Slayer – Christ Illusion (exec.)
2006: Justin Timberlake – FutureSex/LoveSounds
2006: God Dethroned – The Toxic Touch
2006: U2 – U218 Singles
2007: Linkin Park – Minutes to Midnight
2007: Poison – Poison'd!
2007: Luna Halo – Luna Halo (exec.)
2007: Gossip – Live in Liverpool (exec.)
2007: Dan Wilson – Free Life (exec.)
2007: Kanye West, Nas, KRS-One, Rakim – "Classic (Better Than I've Ever Been)"
2007: Vanessa Carlton - "Heroes & Thieves"
2007: Coheed and Cambria - "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow"
2008: Ours – Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy
2008: Neil Diamond – Home Before Dark
2008: Weezer – Weezer
2008: Jakob Dylan – Seeing Things
2008: Metallica – Death Magnetic
2008: The (International) Noise Conspiracy – The Cross of My Calling
2009: Gossip – Music for Men
2009: Pete Yorn – Back & Fourth (exec.)
2009: The Avett Brothers – I and Love and You
2009: Brandi Carlile – Give Up the Ghost
2009: Slayer – World Painted Blood (exec.)

2010s

2010: Johnny Cash – American VI: Ain't No Grave
2010: Gogol Bordello – Trans-Continental Hustle
2010: Linkin Park – A Thousand Suns
2010: Josh Groban – Illuminations
2010: Kid Rock – Born Free
2011: Adele – 21
2011: Red Hot Chili Peppers – I'm with You [1]
2011: Metallica – Beyond Magnetic
2011: Linkin Park – A Thousand Suns+
2012: Linkin Park – Living Things[2]
2012: ZZ Top – La Futura
2012: The Avett Brothers – The Carpenter
2012: Lana Del Rey – Paradise
2012: Red Hot Chili Peppers – Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers EP
2013: Linkin Park – Living Things +
2013: Black Sabbath – 13
2013: Kanye West – Yeezus (exec.)[3]
2013: Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP 2[4]
2013: Jake Bugg – Shangri La
2013: Linkin Park – Recharged
2013: Lady Gaga – Artpop
2013: The Avett Brothers – Magpie and the Dandelion

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rapping over a breakbeat is not actually knowing a song.
That would be like rapping to Loc's "Wild Thing" means you know "Jamie's Cryin'" by VanHalen .
Rubin has said in many interviews that the band did not know the song, did not know the lyrics, and initially did not want to do the track.

They were familiar with the song. Not sure what the difference is.

And your ton loc analogy is terrible. They "knew" (in the biblical sense) "Walk this way" before recording the cover version.

Wild Thing was recorded after Jamie's Cryin.

Not sure what the history of the song has to do with the quality of it. A lot of stuff RUNDMC did want to do, like their 1990 album Back in Hell, was absolutely terrible.

Rubin had a great idea and the execution was stellar, which is why the 1987 version of Walk This Way is now the definitive version. In fact when Aerosmith plays it today, that's the version they do.

Quoted from Hougie:

Guy was a hit factory, and at one point did a lot of fantastic work. These days he sucks ass and is a terrible producer. For many acts he's barely in the room these days and his underlings do most of the "producing."

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They were familiar with the song.

OK, you are right and Rubin is wrong.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wild Thing was recorded after Jamie's Cryin.

You are right!

Wild Thing features a sample of Jamie's Crying by Van Halen.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure what the history of the song has to do with the quality of it.

I think history is fascinating.

Did you know that Tom Hamilton did not play the original funk bass line in Walk This Way?

#145 8 years ago

AC/DC and MET is the music I listen drivin the car, so of course it helps when a pin comes out and before even seing any art toys or layout you start with the music you love.

And yes I'm an aggressive driver lol just joking

#146 8 years ago

There's very few mainstream rock bands that Stern could potentially do that haven't been done that would make for descent pinball music. In looking at this list of album sales, they are certainly up there at the top.

I can't believe Barbara Streisand has sold more albums than The Stones.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#147 8 years ago

Aero who?

Gary, Aero pinball will NOT sell in Australia, New Zealand & South Africa.
A trickle will be sold in Asia.

So if you are planning to build this pinnie you must be very confident of very strong North American & Europe sales.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Aero who?
Gary, Aero pinball will NOT sell in Australia, New Zealand & South Africa.
A trickle will be sold in Asia.
So if you are planning to build this pinnie you must be very confident of very strong North American & Europe sales.

Gary told me he's going to re-theme Areosmith as Yahoo Serious for the Australian market.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Gary told me he's going to re-theme Areosmith as Yahoo Serious for the Australian market.

I think "Oz Rock" is a thing
faz

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

There's very few mainstream rock bands that Stern could potentially do that haven't been done that would make for descent pinball music. In looking at this list of album sales, they are certainly up there at the top.

I can't believe Barbara Streisand has sold more albums than The Stones.

1. Beatles license aint happening (not for reasonable cost)
2. Garth is hardly relevant these days
3. Elvis has been done
4. Led Zeppelin (see item 1)
>> 5. Eagles - could work
6. Billy Joel - not relevant, not rock enough
7. MJ - too tainted
8. Pink Floyd (see item 1)
9. Elton John has been done with captain fantastic
10. AC/DC done
11. George Strait is hardly relevant these days
12. Barbara Streisand - Maybe if the market is people in their 70s
>> 13. Aerosmith (bing!)
14. Rolling stones (done twice)
>> 15. Bruce springsteen - Don't see why not
16. Madonna - blech
17. Mariah Carey - She got replaced by Ariana Grande
18. Metallica - been done
19. Whitney Houston - Died from drug overdose, so did her daughter, no thank you
>>>>> 20. Van Halen (yes please! do it do it!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.