You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In case someone missed the video
» YouTube video

Sweet thanks for the link. Has some cool tricks but man I still think it looks too much like Jody.

EDIT: Er sorry sorry I meant looks too much like Kiss.

#1352 3 years ago

Pretty nice 11 minute demo of Aerosmith gameplay.

https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live/v/115645670

#1353 3 years ago

I have to admit, AS does look like a nicely done game. The graphics and art are top notch. Although the gameplay videos don't really show much of the rules for the different songs or hint and what wizard modes there may be.

Rob

#1354 3 years ago

Reminds me of met and kiss alot.... its gonna come down to the code . If its half as good as met code it may not be to bad of a pin. Have a feeling its gonna be more like kiss tho so......

#1355 3 years ago

Looking better, and better. Ability to abort multiball? Yes!

#1356 3 years ago

I think it is a killer deal of a game considering the pro is only 5200$ and you get the color display and love the looks of the jester toy lock.

#1357 3 years ago

I am liking more and more, what does the elevator do? I noticed it says elevator ball lock 1 in display
I also loooooooove the side boob action even if it is a cartoon!

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

In case someone missed the video
» YouTube video

I was wondering what the sparky jester voice reminded me of.
It's so annoying but I love it.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I was wondering what the sparky jester voice reminded me of.
It's so annoying but I love it.
» YouTube video

Hahahaha
Dear lord, please give me a Rick & Morty pinball.

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Pretty nice 11 minute demo of Aerosmith gameplay.
https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live/v/115645670

Thanks for sharing.

Game does look good. But man code looks like it needs a lot of help yet. Little to No light choreography or effects for multiball start. No lcd instructions on modes - just a timer and a guy continually saying times almost up. Super ramps/targets/spinner seemed uninspiring after doing a mode. and the modes themselves didn't look like much. Still hard to tell at this point, and I'll reserve final judgement til I play the game; but Where's the dynamic scoring and breadth? Just looks too like too much flip the ball around aimlessly for 45 secs and get a reward if you don't drain. Still on my radar though and I do like that the songs carry over to multiball and there isn't too many song changes (ala AC/DC).

#1361 3 years ago

Love the art, it's over the top! But when I watch this, I feel like it's exactly like my Kiss playfield and would play almost identical.

Code is definitely lacking at this point also. No way I'd even consider this one while I still owned Kiss.. and given that the same coder is working this one as my almost 1.5 year old Kiss machine that has shallow code, I'm sitting this one out.

Makes me wish that Kiss was the first machine with the LCD screen, I think they could have done so much with the theme. Oh well.

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Love the art, it's over the top! But when I watch this, I feel like it's exactly like my Kiss playfield and would play almost identical.
Code is definitely lacking at this point also. No way I'd even consider this one while I still owned Kiss.. and given that the same coder is working this one as my almost 1.5 year old Kiss machine that has shallow code, I'm sitting this one out.
Makes me wish that Kiss was the first machine with the LCD screen, I think they could have done so much with the theme. Oh well.

Great post.

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Yeah, if I owned KISS, or even if I had owned it and sold it, I don't know that I would want this pin.

Since I have not owned KISS, this one interests me quite a bit. Pin looks great, shots look good, and that ball lock sequence is the best one in a really long time.

#1364 3 years ago

That jester voice just kills it for me. I had to watch the video on mute.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That jester voice just kills it for me. I had to watch the video on mute.

It's a bit too heavily used. Nothing wrong with that voice in small doses, but it's not something you want to hear a lot. Maybe they'll find a better balance for that.

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a bit too heavily used. Nothing wrong with that voice in small doses, but it's not something you want to hear a lot. Maybe they'll find a better balance for that.

Agreed, really off-putting for me. Seems like it doesn't bother most fans though.......then again there's a lot of people that buy Kanye West records......

#1367 3 years ago

The voice is over used, but I'm more disappointed that it's a Sparky clone.

I love how this pin looks overall, but man, it really is derivative of other Borg pins. *Recent* Borg pins at that.

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

it really is derivative of other Borg pins. *Recent* Borg pins at that.

They will fix it with code.

#1369 3 years ago

Anyone else see the band is playing in Wayne & Garth's basement?

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I noticed that

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

classic!

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They will fix it with code.

This phrase for me is almost like my dentist telling me "it's only going to hurt a little".

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

This phrase for me is almost like my dentist telling me "it's only going to hurt a little".

"You're going to feel a liiiiiitle bit of pressure"

Dentist
Proctologist
IRS

#1374 3 years ago

For $5200, tough to go wrong with Aerosmith.

Are we to the point now where we say it doesn't even matter what code is at that price? Don't think so.

For me, if its not Lyman or now Dwight, I've gotta see the finish off. Don't want to get the Kiss treatment.

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and that ball lock sequence is the best one in a really long time.

I just hope it works correctly or they account for it not working in the code. Game is brand new and it missed firing the ball into the chest lock an awful lot in that video. Seems like it could be a Metallica / hammer situation all over again.

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just hope it works correctly or they account for it not working in the code. Game is brand new and it missed firing the ball into the chest lock an awful lot in that video. Seems like it could be a Metallica / hammer situation all over again.

I saw that too. I have to play it and see that everything is working correctly before I buy. Hopefully some more entertaining modes with lights, video, action, better call outs, & sounds can make their way into the game. If that doesn't happen, then I'll probably be in for a Metallica instead.

#1377 3 years ago

I have heard a few calling it AS.
It's cool A-S

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

, this one interests me quite a bit. Pin looks great, shots look good, and that ball lock sequence is the best one in a really long time.

I thought the same about KISS when I bought it. Then LR didn't finish the code..... for whatever reason.

Rob

#1379 3 years ago

The whole similarity with KISS is why I'm getting it, funded by selling my KISS. It's a second bite at the solid layout with maybe a superior execution.
The thing that irks me the most on KISS is the Starchild area. Whenever Mommy Magnet drops the ball off at StarKindy Day Care I just think, "wasted mech". Then watch it flop around a bit (yes, I nudge it to get superior target hitting results), then wait for the inevitable dribble out of the saucer. What a freaking let down. Now, I can shoot balls THROUGH THE AIR at an open box!? AND, I can delay my multiball gratification until I get it totally loaded up with balls?! Done, and done!
So if everything else is the same, I'm way ahead.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The whole similarity with KISS is why I'm getting it, funded by selling my KISS. It's a second bite at the solid layout with maybe a superior execution.
The thing that irks me the most on KISS is the Starchild area. Whenever Mommy Magnet drops the ball off at StarKindy Day Care I just think, "wasted mech". Then watch it flop around a bit (yes, I nudge it to get superior target hitting results), then wait for the inevitable dribble out of the saucer. What a freaking let down. Now, I can shoot balls THROUGH THE AIR at an open box!? AND, I can delay my multiball gratification until I get it totally loaded up with balls?! Done, and done!
So if everything else is the same, I'm way ahead.

I saw kiss in concert was a duo headliner with Aerosmith. Still an Aerosmith fan. I'm actually surprised they didn't reuse a ramp to make manufacturing cheaper.
I'll spend 5200 on a new pinball one or twice. But it has to play great AND be a theme I can get behind. Like AS and not Kiss.
So I'm happy for the theme variety. Now watching code and to play both at MGC.

#1381 3 years ago

The week ghostbusters was announced I had a tour planned for my group. They had a NBA game in a back room. We asked why it was there and was told they were looking to use the mech on it in a new game.
Well now I know what game! Pretty cool to see a non baseketball game making a shot like that.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm having a hard time finding this. is it in the twitch video? During what song or part?

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm having a hard time finding this. is it in the twitch video? During what song or part?

4:20

It isn't really Wayne & Garth's basement BTW. It just resembles it & makes me smile.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sWjbwRZ_h_U

#1384 3 years ago

I was just wondering was there any LE pictures released as of yet and what the LE Model will include. Thanks

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I was just wondering was there any LE pictures released as of yet and what the LE Model will include. Thanks

Photos and Feature Matrix in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/15#post-3523260

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

4:20
It isn't really Wayne & Garth's basement BTW. It just resembles it & makes me smile

anyone watch the other video on pinball news?

1:25 - europeans get a metal cage around the board in the backbox, with a hole manually cut out and some sort of rubber stripping popped in to prevent customers from cutting their finger inserting the usb stick (I hope this is only a prototype, not production)
spike2_euro (resized).jpg

And then go to 2 minutes and watch how upset Gary gets when he asks if the backglass will fall out

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I have heard a few calling it AS.
It's cool A-S

If they release a Super edition we can call it ASS

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For $5200, tough to go wrong with Aerosmith.
Are we to the point now where we say it doesn't even matter what code is at that price? Don't think so.
For me, if its not Lyman or now Dwight, I've gotta see the finish off. Don't want to get the Kiss treatment.

Or worse, the Wheel of Fortune treatment.

It will be interesting to see how the market at large reacts. Seems like a lot are sitting this one out for a lot of different, and valid, reasons.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It will be interesting to see how the market at large reacts. Seems like a lot are sitting this one out for a lot of different, and valid, reasons.

Yeah, at the end of the day, Aerosmith is like Stones...a HUGE band with an impressive musical history...but perhaps on the type of fanbase who really wants to buy something like a pinball machine. ACDC and Metallica have that type of passionate fanbase who definitely would want a pinball machine of their favorite band. That's why I still contend that Rush would be a huge hit. You can argue that they're niche...but their fans are BEYOND passionate. 500 Rush LEs would sell out instantly.

Theme aside, pinball hardcore types are likely sitting on their wallets due to QC/code issues...we're probably moving closer to more people having a "PLAY IT FIRST" stance.

#1390 3 years ago

Don't tease with the talk of a Rush pin. I would sell someone else's kidney for a Rush pin. Any organ donors out there ?

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Don't tease with the talk of a Rush pin. I would sell someone else's kidney for a Rush pin. Any organ donors out there ?

See? ...and the Canadians would stop complaining about prices if it was Rush!

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rush would be a huge hit

LOL you forgot to post this

#1393 3 years ago

Blah, Rush. Can't stand 'em. But yes, it would probably sell well.

Gimme Led Zeppelin, for crying out loud.

There are some automatic big hit bands, regardless of how you feel about them. I could see the following drawing good numbers (in no particular order):

- Iron Maiden (Pinside favorite)
- Rush
- U2
- The Beatles
- Led Zeppelin

Plenty more, but these seem like they have the built-in fanbases to easily sell out their run of LEs and plenty of pros and premiums.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Blah, Rush. Can't stand 'em. But yes, it would probably sell well.

I absolutely *love* Rush and it would basically be a blind buy for me, but even I have doubts about how well a Rush pin would sell.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Gimme Led Zeppelin, for crying out loud.

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I absolutely *love* Rush and it would basically be a blind buy for me, but even I have doubts about how well a Rush pin would sell.

Long term - sure...but could they move 500 LE's in one day? Absolutely. Any hardcore Rush fans who missed out would buy Prems or Pros. Then - if the game was good and had Lyman on code...it COULD become a long term seller like Metallica and ACDC. Lyman is a HUUUGE Rush fan, so you know he'd go to town.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it would be hot upfront, but what pinball place in Canada wouldn't have one on location? Plenty of bars in the US too, I'd wager. Private sales would be interesting to see.

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think it would be hot upfront, but what pinball place in Canada wouldn't have one on location? Plenty of bars in the US too, I'd wager. Private sales would be interesting to see.

Paul Rudd and Jason Segel would buy one...that's 2 LE's sold already!

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands and I'm staying away from this pin.

Lonnie got me with Star Trek and KISS. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

#1400 3 years ago

Well I always hear about how limited Rush's appeal is, and that chicks hate them, but I am certainly not going to argue strongly against the idea that Rush would sell well given that they are one of my all time favorite bands.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside