You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 84.
#1101 7 years ago

Just get Aerosmith perfected code and all and then switch out the Band and clone them. That way we get our favorite bands quickly.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At 95 she still get around. No wheelchair or oxygen tank. We should all be so lucky.

You have good genes. That means you will be here giving us shit for a long time to come!

Except in 20 yrs the Odiner will be all about current day Sterns, nostalgia, and all that.

Odiner will be like, man, that old time LCD is some cool as shit stuff! Back in the day.

#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have good genes. That means you will be here giving us shit for a long time to come!

If I averaged in my dad's lifestyle with mom's I'll be lucky to make it out of my 70s.

I've got a baby's brain and an old man's heart. Alice Cooper.

#1104 7 years ago

I'm not getting sucked into this old men talk. Reminds me.....

“Poor Old fool,” thought the well-dressed gentleman as he watched an old man fish in a puddle outside a pub. So he invited the old man inside for a drink. As they sipped their whiskeys, the gentleman thought he’d humor the old man and asked, “So how many have you caught today?”

The old man replied, “You’re the eighth.”

#1105 7 years ago

Any more gameplay footage from ces?

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Any more gameplay footage from ces?

Gary Stern just had a live stream in Facebook playing the game about 10 min ago.

#1107 7 years ago

I was afraid that tonally this would be another godawful Revolution X. Glad to see it's anything but.

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Except in 20 yrs the Odiner will be all about current day Sterns, nostalgia, and all that.
Odiner will be like, man, that old time LCD is some cool as shit stuff! Back in the day.

"You an' yer new-fangled expensive hologramantics! In mah day we had LCDs an' LIKED it!" (waves stick)

#1109 7 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Gary Stern just had a live stream in Facebook playing the game about 10 min ago.

That freakin' match sequence looked sick!

#1110 7 years ago

No Aerosmith here, but I may be interested in supporting a go fund me to have one shipped to Odin!

#1111 7 years ago

Hmm, I thought the style reminded me of something:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2156&picno=12302&zoom=1

#1112 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That place is pretty awesome - it's called Comic Hero if I remember correctly

Comic Hero University. They were expanding their pin lineup over the last couple of months, but just recently about half of their machines (including GoT!) moved down the street to Lost Levels, a retro gaming store / arcade that sorely needed some pins - and now they have some! But still, kinda weird to see games move just a couple of blocks.

#1113 7 years ago

Well beautiful game, i like the art and colors. Sounds seem great, LCD animation look real good! Pricing seems reasonable. The problem with Stern is that they keep announcing games but also have problems putting them out. Batman hasn't even started or we are presented with another title. Now they surely will say batman is not for everyone, Aerosmith is not for everyone, so you got something to choose. But they didn't even fix the issues with GB. So I am a bit reserved about the this. Early delivery in July??

#1114 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

No Aerosmith here, but I may be interested in supporting a go fund me to have one shipped to Odin!

Thanks! But could you do the browser thing before you send it? How bout replace love in an elevator with big ten inch and I'll post rave revues.

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well yeah, is it any good? And will it ever be "finished"?

hmmm... from a GB owner point of view, i prefer to not reply to this...

#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Man.. another Borg/Lyman combo like MET would have been awesome.. instead he is stuck coding for a BDK re-theme. Oh well... hoping Lonnie can steal some ideas from Lyman on this, I did see a "Crank It Up" plastic on the playfield which makes me hope he is going to use some Lyman style tricks

Hopefully both borg and lyman will work together on Iron Maiden. Although I would also be happy with a Trudeau/Sullivan for Iron Maiden I think

#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't get band pins, there's no narrative there, it's like reading some old rock guy's autobiography as opposed to a fantasy novel.

I prefer the old rock guy camp...

nerd-boy-reading-big-book (resized).jpgnerd-boy-reading-big-book (resized).jpg

Rev Horton Heat video team (resized).jpgRev Horton Heat video team (resized).jpg

#1118 7 years ago

Looks like the Reverend

#1119 7 years ago

Trust an Aerosmith thread to turn into the Old Farts Thread.

#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The problem with Stern is that they keep announcing games but also have problems putting them out. Batman hasn't even started or we are presented with another title.

What do you mean? Batman 66 was shipping about 4 months after it was announced.

Quoted from PeterG:

{Aerosmith} Early delivery in July??

I'll take the Under on that bet; I would bet April, and potentially as early as March 1. This game looks ready to go and, from the videos Stern has been posting, has more code and rules than Batman. Batman took 4 months to get a single game-play 'preview'. Aerosmith was announced and had several live gameplay videos on the same day. Of course, it all depends on what they need to get built ahead of it as for manufacturing capacity seems to be the only limiting factor for Aerosmith deliveries at this point. This is all speculation, and putting 2 and 2 together.

#1121 7 years ago

I think Aerosmith will be much closer to the traditional "6 week" Stern production schedule. That puts us in mid to late February.

Batman seems like an anomaly, and probably had everything to do with the 30th Anniversary Party. They wanted to make Batman their anniversary pin, not Aerosmith, and then were stuck trying to pull everything together to line up with Expo, the party and Adam West appearance. Batman was simply not ready for October.

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I'll take the Under on that bet; I would bet April, and potentially as early as March 1.

I think Stern will want to start shipping Aerosmith as soon as possible. I would guess that the first run of LE's will ship overseas by February 7-14. Then LE's followed by Pros domestically by end of February. It will be well before March or April.

#1123 7 years ago

Pros traditionally ship first. LEs later, followed by Premiums.

Since Stern hasn't had a new Pro to offer since way back in the spring with GB, the pressure will be on to pump those out. I predict Pros coming out of the factory soon and at high volume.

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Pros traditionally ship first. LEs later, followed by Premiums.

Are you sure I thought it was LE's first overseas then domestic then Pros followed by Premiums?

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Are you sure I thought it was LE's first overseas then domestic then Pros followed by Premiums?

unless they've said otherwise for Aerosmith, the traditional order is:

Pros - overseas
Pros - domestic
LEs - overseas
LEs - domestic

I think the last "LE first" was Avengers Hulk (came out before Pro). I am not counting Batman because that is not a typical release.

#1126 7 years ago

No need to buy Aerosmith.

I have all the same rules and sounds with my KISS machine.

#1127 7 years ago

The Stern display at CES is really impressive. Thumbs up to the marketing dept.

I also think the artblades are cool.

CES Stern Display.jpgCES Stern Display.jpg

Aerosmith artblades.jpgAerosmith artblades.jpg

#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Stern display at CES is really impressive. Thumbs up to the marketing dept.

That is pretty impressive, nicely done. And since I am currently renovating my home it gives me a cool idea for my gameroom build and setup

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I wish Donnie would whip up some blades for Metallica that match the game. I like thos things best when they're cohesive with the design of the game like ZY's Ghostbusters, or the ones SillyOldElf made for Monster Bash and TSPP.

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wish Donnie would whip up some blades for Metallica that match the game. I like thos things best when they're cohesive with the design of the game like ZY's Ghostbusters, or the ones SillyOldElf made for Monster Bash and TSPP.

Seconded! Since they're making more Metallica machines now with a renewed license, this is a no-brainer.

#1131 7 years ago

Gary Stern email received via our distributor:
-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Today at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas we are introducing our next "Cornerstone" game, Aerosmith, based on the classic, high energy rock band and its music. We will exhibit to the Electronics industry our Spike 2 system with our new high definition LCD display. We are also exhibiting "Everything Pinball" including Batman, PBR private label pinball, smart phone and other digital Stern pinballs, Oculus virtual reality pinball and more.

Aerosmith pinball will be available in Pro, Premium and Limited Edition models. We will build only 500 LE's.

This game utilizes our new high definition display with custom animated content. Unique and new mechanical features include a "Jacky in the Box" toy box into which balls are thrown through the air and locked for multiball and the "Love in an Elevator" toy. An upper playfield is among the features distinguishing the LE and Premium models from the Pro.

We have again drafted Dirty Donny to provide art for the various Aerosmith models. All models use some color changing RGB LED lighting. Players can choose between 9 Aerosmith performed songs.

To learn more, please see the attached photographs and read the attached comparative features matrix. You can also watch a video of Aerosmith pinball at https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7b8wqzanesr8p1/1080p.mov?dl=0

We have announced a price increase, our first in 2 ½ years. We have or will soon discuss the pricing with you. We continue our LE game policies, requiring $2,000 deposit and thereafter full price prepayment . The charge to claim specific numbers 2-9 and numbers over 10 are unchanged.

We will begin production of Aerosmith Pro around the middle of January, starting with export deliveries. Limited Edition production will be a month later, followed thereafter by Premium.

We ended 2016 with very little game inventory. In January we will produce to fill both backorders and new orders for Batman Premium, Ghostbusters Premium, and Spiderman VE. In February we will make more of our great earning Ghostbusters Pro. We have a very few Metallica Monsters, Whoa Nellie and WWE.

Please review the attached Aerosmith pinball material. We will soon contact you for opening orders.

Best regards,

Gary

#1132 7 years ago

That upper playfield does not look like much fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7b8wqzanesr8p1/1080p.mov?dl=0

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Gary Stern email received via our distributor:
-------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,
<snip>
We have a very few Metallica Monsters, Whoa Nellie and WWE.

Best regards,
Gary

Ha ha! How much is "very few" WWE? 100? 200? It bet it's more than Metallica, and unlike Metallica, there's no WWE demand in sight! I predict "very few" WWE next year, too, unless they chop the price in half to blow them out.

#1134 7 years ago

I agree upper playfield doesn't look great. Art package is amazing!

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

We have announced a price increase, our first in 2 ½ years. We have or will soon discuss the pricing with you. We continue our LE game policies, requiring $2,000 deposit and thereafter full price prepayment . The charge to claim specific numbers 2-9 and numbers over 10 are unchanged.

Does anyone know how much that charge to claim specific numbers is?

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Does anyone know how much that charge to claim specific numbers is?

On Ghostbusters LE it was $150 for over 50 and $250 for under. I don't know how that changed with B66, which seems to operate on a different price/number range that's being carried forward for Aerosmith.

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That upper playfield does not look like much fun.

You could always just block off the entrance and glue these on there.

review_celebritysimps4p2_1 (resized).jpgreview_celebritysimps4p2_1 (resized).jpg

#1138 7 years ago

Very fun game. Played both the pro and the premium. Upper Playfield is fun. Not enough time to compare. Game seems like a winner though I didn't get very far into the code. Hopefully it becomes deep and immersive

#1139 7 years ago

Art work is amazing. The best I have seen since Metallica. Ordered LE today!!

#1140 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

We have announced a price increase, our first in 2 ½ years.

Is this accurate?

Doesn't seem like it.

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this accurate?
Doesn't seem like it.

It actually is.

Oh sorry thought it said 2.5 months

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this accurate?
Doesn't seem like it.

Yeah it's a price decrease over BM66 Premium....

#1143 7 years ago

As others have pointed out, very similar to Kiss and MET. I like the MET pin on locations and at shows (one of our favorites that we play that we do not own), but not a big fan of the band's music. Aerosmith is more likeable for us as a HUO potential pin. We (my wife & I) will have to play it to see if the game play is as good as MET. If they have specific scoring/rules/modes for each song selected (like AC/DC) then it could be a slam dunk potential future purchase for us - depending on code and game play ... and playfield quality.

I think it is odd that people complain (previously in this thread) about the JJP WOZ ball save modes for the out lanes. They don't realize that the game is still scoring as if they were still playing normally, no matter what they hit (but will not start/change to new modes). If the extra ball in the throne room was lit before the Toto or TNPLH game save mode, go for that to still get an extra ball ... it will still award that. If you don't win the ball save modes, so what ... you're still scoring points in a sudden death stealth mode. Just my opinion.

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Art work is amazing. The best I have seen since Metallica. Ordered LE today!!

Did you see that Ghostbusters came out?

#1145 7 years ago

Upper playfield looks pretty boring.

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Upper playfield looks pretty boring.

It honestly looks like the lamest upper playfield I've ever seen. Will need to try it, but like GoT, losing it on the pro seems like a welcome subtraction.

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It honestly looks like the lamest upper playfield I've ever seen. Will need to try it, but like GoT, losing it on the pro seems like a welcome subtraction.

I don't like mini pf's to begin with, but this one looks particularly cringe worthy. GOT's, which I didn't like, still looks way better than this one.

I agree, like GOT, the pro is the way to go on this one.

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, like GOT, the pro is the way to go on this one.

I really hope that the direction of the pro target audience is drifting slightly from what we have always felt was operators, to players. So rather than operators/home use bifurcation we move into players/collectors. This would be very positive for less gimping of pros, and a welcome relief amongst all the price rises for the players who want to stay involved and not have to pay up for extras.
I for one would be very happy to become a default pro buyer rather than a default premium buyer.

#1149 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Worse than Transformers? Or do we not even consider that an upper playfield?

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Worse than Transformers? Or do we not even consider that an upper playfield?

I wouldn't, but I do consider WWE...wonder how that stacks up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wentzville, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 199.95
Trade
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.