You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 84.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

We all know Led Zeppelin would be the ultimate, but that's a very hard license to secure. Jimmy Page is really hesitant to let it out into the wild very often.

I was talking to my brother ab this just yesterday. I hate to say this but Page & Plant will need to be dead for this to happen.
Lets make it happen, Father Time.

#52 4 years ago

Cadillac got it done..

#53 4 years ago

Wow the majority of people on the poll are saying no to Aerosmith. It may just be a hoax and Stern is doing something else and Aerosmith is the "code" word for the real game to throw people off like cinnabon? For all the haters of music pins, what else do you recommend to switch out franchise based themes that have a chance of selling over 1000 units to the masses. You have Music, Movies/TV, and what else? They tried sports with NFL,NBA & WWE and that did not go over well. Also tried Harley Davidson motorcycle based, Mustang car based and that did not appeal to the majority. People relate to Music, Movies and TV in todays day and age and it would be awesome if we would ever see a non-licensed franchise theme from Stern, but I doubt that will ever happen. So if not Aerosmith then what would work for another music pin, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Queen, Guns N Roses, The Eagles, Van Halen and The Beatles come to mind. I am thinking of top grossing music acts with appeal and I cant stand U2.

#54 4 years ago

Aerosmith!? Really!?

image_(resized).jpeg

#55 4 years ago

I'd love a generic heavy metal pin with fun layout and good rules that came with no music and I had to drop in my own audio files and a text file identifying them on the sdcard.

#56 4 years ago

The jukebox idea is great. Provide a great mix of songs and then people always have the option to change out some or all with pinball browser

#57 4 years ago

Zero interest.

#58 4 years ago

I was thinking Europe as well...

#59 4 years ago

Aerosmith is a great band, but just not a good fit for pinball in my opinion. So many other bands would be a better fit.........Although I would have said that about the WWE theme as well.

#60 4 years ago

There would be as much excitement for a pinball machine called "Mr. X" as there would be for an Aerosmith machine.

#61 4 years ago

Aerosmith = a big Hell No from me.
YUK.

#62 4 years ago

Interesting... would you see young Steven Tyler on the glass or the older one???

Just sayin...
faz

StevenTyler_(resized).JPG

#63 4 years ago

Yuk. Another pinball based on a washed out band like KISS. I'll pass.

#64 4 years ago

Rather Stern do Led Zeppelin or Van Halen

#65 4 years ago

It all depends on how they execute it. There was zero excitement for Metallica until the art was revealed, then everyone went nuts. Nobody wanted KISS either but it turned out pretty good from an art/design standpoint.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It all depends on how they execute it. There was zero excitement for Metallica until the art was revealed, then everyone went nuts. Nobody wanted KISS either but it turned out pretty good from an art/design standpoint.

And GOT was a goddamn ugly dog until people started playing it and it shipped with killer code. Never say never.
Could come out all 70s hits with throwback art work and be the hottest thing since toasted bread.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And GOT was a goddamn ugly dog until people started playing it and it shipped with killer code. Never say never.
Could come out all 70s hits with throwback art work and be the hottest thing since toasted bread.

Fair enough. But if it's loaded with their garbage skating rink ballads, those turd sammiches are the first things to go.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'd love a generic heavy metal pin with fun layout and good rules that came with no music and I had to drop in my own audio files and a text file identifying them on the sdcard.

Heavy Metal Meltdown VE!

#69 4 years ago

I don't actively hate Aerosmith, but for Christ's sake, why waste your time with that crap, Stern? Just give the people the Iron Maiden vs. Jaws pin that they so clearly want. People, myself included, will pay big $$$ to see Eddie take on Bruce! (the shark, not the Dickinson)

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

The jukebox idea is great. Provide a great mix of songs and then people always have the option to change out some or all with pinball browser

Yeah, in the "what music pin next" thread, I mentioned that a "Monsters of Rock" arena tour theme would be awesome because you could have a lineup for the game that covers a number of bands and players could load their own tunes via USB to change the lineup.

But licensing for more than one band per pin is probably cost prohibitive.

#71 4 years ago

Huge no and a fail... why the hell would anyone suggest this band for a pinball. .
Aerosmith already had a video game by midway and it was a heap of junk. From an operators point of view it was a dud in terms of coin ..

#72 4 years ago

Aerosmith pin? No thanks, not my cup of tea.

I'd love to see a Slipknot, Pantera, or even a Cher pin (kidding )

#73 4 years ago

I'd put money on Hendrix ahead of Aerosmith...

#74 4 years ago

Aero who?

Will NOT sell in Australia.

Unknown-5_(resized).jpeg

#75 4 years ago

Van Halen or Rush, sure. But no way with this one.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Van Halen or Rush, sure. But no way with this one.

I'd say a resounding no to all 3 of these

#77 4 years ago

You Read that Stern 61% poll say no.

#78 4 years ago

Black Fing Sabbath!!!!

#79 4 years ago

Well if Stern does Aerosmith it sounds like they will need to knock it out of the park with art,gameplay and features if it has a chance to sell significant numbers. Pinside has spoken and pitchforks are on stand-by...

sp_pitchfork.png

#80 4 years ago

Not sold on Aerosmith as a pinball theme. They just weren't a huge enough band to pull it off, IMHO. That being said, I'm glad I grew up in an era when we drove around with their early tunes blasting out of our Alpine car stereos, as opposed to that dance bar bass crap the younglings are pumping out of their Japanese tuner sound systems today. Good luck with what's left of your hearing when you're my age kiddies! LOL!

Train Kept a Rollin'!!

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Aerosmith is a great band, but just not a good fit for pinball in my opinion. So many other bands would be a better fit.........Although I would have said that about the WWE theme as well.

Here you go, WWE have millions of nuts crazy fans all around the world, problem is they are not into pinball. So even if you have numbers and fans behind you you need to ask yourself first before all : will they buy pinball ?

#82 4 years ago

Aerosmith will sell just fine. Just because a small group of pinsiders are very passionate on their like/dislike for particular rock bands, it doesn't mean diddly. Aerosmith is one of the top selling bands ever and will be a big draw - and Stern knows this.

They have more US album sales (67 million) than ANY of the other suggested bands except the Beatles and Led Zeppelin - which Stern probably can't get the licensing for. It's kind of hilarious how many people keep suggesting B-level heavy metal bands like they would have a shot at selling in volume for a pinball machine over a mega popular band like Aerosmith.

Some of the negativity is probably spurred on by a dislike that Steven Tyler was on American Idol - but from a marketing perspective, Steven Tyler / Aerosmith is mega popular right now and will result in more sales because of American Idol.

Bring it on Stern! The naysayers are just a small, insignificant (but vocal) sampling

#83 4 years ago

Any rock and roll pin pre 1990. Earlier the better. But get a female voice for call outs from one of the little girls back stage, similar to voices on TOM and Junkyard. Please not a Metallica voice call-out, best way to ruin a great pin, IMHO. Hendrix!!!!

#84 4 years ago

Maiden is not B-level heavy metal group dude. Just because you don't like evil stuff from hell doesnt mean it's not good lol

#85 4 years ago

An Aerosmith pin would/will be a flop, mark my words.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Aerosmith will sell just fine. Just because a small group of pinsiders are very passionate on their like/dislike for particular rock bands, it doesn't mean diddly. Aerosmith is one of the top selling bands ever and will be a big draw - and Stern knows this.
They have more US album sales (67 million) than ANY of the other suggested bands except the Beatles and Led Zeppelin - which Stern probably can't get the licensing for. It's kind of hilarious how many people keep suggesting B-level heavy metal bands like they would have a shot at selling in volume for a pinball machine over a mega popular band like Aerosmith.
Some of the negativity is probably spurred on by a dislike that Steven Tyler was on American Idol - but from a marketing perspective, Steven Tyler / Aerosmith is mega popular right now and will result in more sales because of American Idol.
Bring it on Stern! The naysayers are just a small, insignificant (but vocal) sampling

Don't forget the number of Skittles fans that will be certain buyers too. Great commercial. The guy still has all his hair!!!

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Maiden is not B-level heavy metal group dude. Just because you don't like evil stuff from hell doesnt mean it's not good lol

LOL - I didn't say IM was B-Level - they're probably the best heavy metal option that's been mentioned (for a pinball machine) - primarily because of the album artwork and Eddie. Maiden would be polarizing and would stop as many purchases as it would pull in.

#88 4 years ago

The ride at Disneyworld felt like a pinball theme.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#89 4 years ago

I might even appreciate the polarizing factor.....at least if it's not false advertising.

Better show some heavy stuff on the art package if the dots are heavy than showing up a little pony art with zombie hardcore animations.

You've been warned, play at your own risk mouahahahaha

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

first time I heard Aerosmith pinball that ride in Orlando is the first image that came to mind

#91 4 years ago

That generic rock idea is a great one. It'd be like a Jukebox and you could pick the song to play at the start. Put the songs in there that you want like itunes. Stern may never do something like that though since they think everything has to be licensed.

Some bands with great songs didn't have enough hits to make a pinball out of. So a theme like the 80s could include a bunch of different hits from the 80s.

#92 4 years ago

aerosmith pinball? Stern if youre reading, avoid another WWE.... this is a terrible idea

#93 4 years ago

Even without his wig, he's got tits that any grandma would be proud of.

steven_tyler_old_woman_01_(resized).jpg

#94 4 years ago

I think all the classic rock bands from the 60's and 70s and even into the 80s make for great pinball themes but I would like to see more of them focused on the bands in their prime. Led Zeppelin would obviously have to be done that way so why not make them all like that?

Tribute pins.

Aerosmith would be great to do as the band in the 1970s (when they made some of the greatest rock music of the era). There are a ton of awesome Rock 'n' Roll HOF acts that could be done that way.

I'm sure even the Iron Maiden crowd prefer the band when they were in their prime vs now that the band members have either been replaced or are Sr. Citizens in their 60s.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even without his wig, he's got tits that any grandma would be proud of.

steven_tyler_old_woman_01_(resized).jpg

Can't believe it took you this long to post your favorite pic.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Any pinball theme based around evil stuff from hell is a winner in my book.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I read there removing that ride for the new Star Wars ride or center

#98 4 years ago

Train Kept a Rollin'

#99 4 years ago

I always wanted a Monsters of Rock pin as well with a jukebox that you could have two songs by each band. The game could be like a Brutal Legend game which is an original concept. Too bad we know this will never happen. Anyway with Aerosmith not touring and doing his solo work hard to believe it will be made or get much interest, still hope it's a hit. But we know Maiden will be in 2017 and be a big success. http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?page_id=34

#100 4 years ago

Flashback time

Walk This Way featuring RUN D.M.C.-classic

I remember watching this video over and over on MTV. That was back in the day when MTV used to play music videos.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lebanon, NH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside