You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 84.
#901 3 years ago

This thread's poll is looking a little lopsided.

#902 3 years ago

Pro looks good but the limited video on FB site showing a guy playing the Pro doesn't look to exciting to me.

Still, for $5200 where are the other options out there? Alien pro closest? JJP not even in the same universe.

#903 3 years ago

Better than I thought it would be.

#904 3 years ago

I'm not a fan of the BM66 theme, but you gotta admit.... George Gomez's giant spinning mech is IMPRESSIVE. It can add variety to a game in a small space. I hope it works well and is reliable because we might see if on future games as well... Just sayin...

I'm looking forward to a chance to flip both titles... new pinball is fun.

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Virtually every classic Bally SS had a non-standard (Italian) bottom. It's a big part of what makes them so beloved IMO. You have to work at new and unique flipper skills and nudging strategies on every table. Some of my favorites are the lower left "Beasts Lair" pop on Paragon, the inlane save gates with nudging posts on Centaur, the scissor flippers on Harlem, and on and on.

These wacky arrangements don't work well with ramp games, which is exactly why they disappeared.

When they try it nowadays it sucks. I know WOZ has it's fans but I didn't like the layout at all. And pretty much everybody hated WOF when it came out.

Stern is doing the right thing. Keep it simple down low like the players like it.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These wacky arrangements don't work well with ramp games, which is exactly why they disappeared.
When they try it nowadays it sucks. I know WOZ has it's fans but I didn't like the layout at all.

WOZ is good *exactly* because it's different and done well. If you're not a fan of stop and go games, I can understand the dislike, but for a collection, WOZ is a perfect antidote to "sameness".

#907 3 years ago

Well I am interested but not blown away. The upper PF on LE is not for me, I really do not like upper PF's and the only one's I like are WH20 and Shadow. So it will definitely be the Pro if I play it and like it. I will need to play this one to get a good feeling in person. I remember when Metallica was released and I was like 'meh'. Then I played Metallica and I was blown away with how fun it was. It does look like the Pro will be the way to go on this one. The animations are a little cartoony but I would probably rather have sub-par animation than real video clips? I am still transitioning myself to accept the LCD, yes I like the old DMD and I am not starring at a screen when I am focusing on the ball. Stern is getting their feet wet with LCD integration and it will only get better. I am thankful to have pinball back in the spotlight, these game announcements are exciting and I wish Stern the best of luck in 2017. Cheers to the start of a great year for pinball!

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

WOZ is good *exactly* because it's different and done well. If you're not a fan of stop and go games, I can understand the dislike, but for a collection, WOZ is a perfect antidote to "sameness".

I hate the stupid ball save games on the right and left. The game would just be better with a NORMAL inalne/outlane layout.

And ok...I'll finally bite, and not just because I think it's hilarious that people keep saying "Italian Bottom" as if they are liberace placing a craigslist personals ad.

Why do they call it that?! The Italians invented it? I have Gottlieb games from the 1960s with that arrangement.

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I'm not a fan of the BM66 theme, but you gotta admit.... George Gomez's giant spinning mech is IMPRESSIVE. It can add variety to a game in a small space. I hope it works well and is reliable because we might see if on future games as well... Just sayin...

It creates some real ugly shots. There's a dead zone on the sides in certain positions that looks really clunky. Also, two of the sides are almost the same. Decent idea, flawed execution.

#910 3 years ago

Overall the pro price with lcd isnt bad and definitely the best option imo. The other models only have a few more rgb inserts and the upper playfield (which dont look very interesting) and few cosmetic upgrades. Dont look like any multiple color gi anymore which sucks especially for as much as the premiums are now and really not worth the upgrade on this pin imo. Game looks nice and looks like a met and kiss had a baby which cld be good depending on code. Lcd is nice but i still like met type animation on color dmd but its nice not to have to spend 425.00 on color dmd now lol. Overall the pro cld be a great playing pin and for 5 k with lcd and cliffy on scoop i think its very fair price if code is up to met standard and not kiss...

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Borg did give the Pro buyer a lot of love again. God bless that guy.

Totally...all the legit good stuff is on the Pro, including some color changing inserts.

I'm trying to figure out if I'd like the upper playfield or not.
-I like that the left ramp shot is still a legit ramp shot....and it looks like the divertor would allow you to do some loops up there in certain instances.
-I like that the elevator is actually an elevator on the Prem/LE. The elevator shot takes the ball up, and I like the little doors on it.
-Not sure I like the actual shots from the flipper once you're up there though...they're all backhand shots, which seems kinda odd for an upper playfield...guess it depends on the mode/code context - could be fun, who knows.

At the end of the day, it's a vast improvement from the GOT upper playfield...that thing literally makes no sense on any level.

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Again, I agree on all counts.
Not an Aerosmith fan, but if they limit the majority of songs to what they released in the 70's and early 80's I can tolerate it. I won't be buying this anytime soon, but if the rules/code get positive feedback and I like how it plays, I can see owning a pro down the road.

I'm NOT a fan of Metallica but that pin ended up being one of the best pins ever made. I've come to like most of the songs on it just from the joy of playing it so much. I had no interest in owning one when it came out but now it will probably never leave my collection.

Edit (I'm not disagreeing with you I wanted to support your theory)

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When they try it nowadays it sucks. I know WOZ has it's fans but I didn't like the layout at all. And pretty much everybody hated WOF when it came out.
Stern is doing the right thing. Keep it simple down low like the players like it.

To be fair a lot of dislike toward WOF was on theme and unfinished code, not the flipper arrangement. And on WOZ the lower playfield features are basically implemented below an Italian bottom anyway.

Why specifically is any lower playfield variation bad with ramps? If the issue is trapping and shooting, games like Centaur took care of that with one-way gates. And neither WOZ nor WOF prevent trapping and holding.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont look like any multiple color gi anymore which sucks especially for as much as the premiums are now and really not worth the upgrade on this pin imo.

The LE pics definitely have multiple colored GI. Not sure if it's just the bulbs to look cool, or if they're actually going to be coded to have different effects.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So the meltdown thread last month was because prices are going up $200?
Jeez. That's not a big deal, especially considering everybody gets the LCD screen they've been lusting after for all these years.

agree 100%

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, more cost cutting moves. I'm tired of the lame super targets, super ramps and super loops modes too. Those types of modes are filler modes with minimal coding compared to objective based modes.
I don't think there's anything wrong with having such modes in a game with deep and unique code but Stern doesn't appear to be going in that direction.
Aerosmith does look pretty slick overall. Hopefully it becomes a great game. Will a premium be close to $8k like Batman 66 premium?

Welcome to a Lonnie Ropp coded game!

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The LE pics definitely have multiple colored GI. Not sure if it's just the bulbs to look cool, or if they're actually going to be coded to have different effects.

Its not in the feature matrix ....

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not in the feature matrix ....

Stern has been known to make mistakes in there. We'll see, I guess!

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate the stupid ball save games on the right and left. The game would just be better with a NORMAL inalne/outlane layout.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern has been known to make mistakes in there. We'll see, I guess!

Yea we can hope but dont think theres been a spike system with multiple color gi yet has there? I really love that feature...

#922 3 years ago

Just an observation...

image (resized).png

#923 3 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

Just an observation...

You missed GnR and Nugent.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Still, for $5200 where are the other options out there? Alien pro closest? JJP not even in the same universe.

Spooky's Dominos pin is $5299 delivered.

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just went with the games made by the current incarnation of Stern that's existed since 1999.

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

...but then you own & have to play a Spooky Dominos pin.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

and captain fantastic

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And ok...I'll finally bite, and not just because I think it's hilarious that people keep saying "Italian Bottom" as if they are liberace placing a craigslist personals ad.
Why do they call it that?! The Italians invented it? I have Gottlieb games from the 1960s with that arrangement.

Well on that point we agree. I'm okay with TOTO because it's pretty quick, but the other one gets old real fast. I could have done without that one.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and captain fantastic

Dolly Parton!

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

I just went with the games made by the current incarnation of Stern that's existed since 1999.

I saw that. To include those older music games you would need a much taller graph.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Yeah but its a big step back from what I'm seeing with Aerosmith, not a good example at all. I'm not a fan of Aerosmith really but it looks real nice and that clown with the toy box is very cool, I think the animations look good, I really hope Sterns next band pin is something I like, Slayer,Motorhead, Maiden or Megadeth with that kinda art and animation style, wow. Impresssed

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

Just an observation...

Guessing by your graph, who is the next theme? Johnny Cash or Roy Orbison?

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Guessing by your graph, who is the next theme? Johnny Cash or Roy Orbison?

Glenn Miller SLE

#934 3 years ago

Hendrix

#935 3 years ago

I'll make an analogy of this to GoT. Pro looks good and playable, the upper playfield on the Prem doesn't add a lot and may actually detract from the game. But, I'm not a fan of upper playfields so I'm biased. I got a pro on order with my distributor as soon as the CES pic surfaced. Glad the pics for the pro came out positive. Beautiful machine.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Glenn Miller SLE

Mozart or Bach would really mess up that graph.

#937 3 years ago

Think about this.. how much more machine and game are you getting with a $15K BMSLE vs a $6K Aerosmith Pro? Insane. Is there really $9,000 more value in a BM66SLE here? This machine looks great at that Pro price point.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread's poll is looking a little lopsided.

But is it well designed scientific poll? Let's vote.

A) Yes
B) Yes
C) No
D) Yes (Maybe)

#939 3 years ago

Meh

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I got a pro on order with my distributor as soon as the CES pic surfaced. Glad the pics for the pro came out positive. Beautiful machine.

Since you like the Pro, and a Pro is unlimited - what's the point of pre-ordering? Why not wait for some more videos to see how the gameplay is, or play one first?

#941 3 years ago

O-din you hippie you Motorhead should really be next, don't you like Motorhead?

59149642 (resized).jpg

#942 3 years ago

I'd play that.

#943 3 years ago

Not very keen on the cabinet art. But the playfield art works superbly, I think.

Thing is, as I'm sure must have been pointed out already, this seems like a very minor variation on the Metallica and KISS layouts, in yet another music theme ... how many more customers are there for this?

Depending on code and how it shoots, I'd probably take one over KISS or Metallica, if forced to choose between the 3. But who with a Metallica or KISS, or with serious play time on them, is going to buy one? Not many I'd have thought.

#944 3 years ago

Personally, I'm buying a Met PRO and will be getting a KISS Prem off the secondhand market. Met PRO is a fantastic and proven game with one of my favorite bands. KISS I inexplicably like despite it's flaws.

All that aside, I hope that the people who decide to go for an Aerosmith enjoy the heck out of their games.

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since you like the Pro, and a Pro is unlimited - what's the point of pre-ordering? Why not wait for some more videos to see how the gameplay is, or play one first?

Playing one first is way overrated. I've bought 100 pinball machines I've never played. Nobody who buys a Stern pro is gonna lose more than a few hundred bucks selling a HUO game that they decided they don't like.

Pre-ordering provides a rush of endorphins for people - a sense of ownership of something that can't actually be possessed. It will never stop.

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not very keen on the cabinet art. But the playfield art works superbly, I think.
Thing is, as I'm sure must have been pointed out already, this seems like a very minor variation on the Metallica and KISS layouts, in yet another music theme ... how many more customers are there for this?
Depending on code and how it shoots, I'd probably take one over KISS or Metallica, if forced to choose between the 3, but who with a Metallica or KISS, or with serious play time on them, is going to buy one? Not many I'd have thought.

All pinball is pretty similar. You can't assume they're targeting people who already have one or two specific games. I can already tell this game will be different from those two in multiple ways. Rules might be kinda like Kiss, though...but neither of those games has a ball flinging through the air into a physical lock box...which then gets dumped out later. The combination of the NBA fling trick with the IJ ark trick is going to be a great feature that will definitely differentiate the game from Met and Kiss.

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Think about this.. how much more machine and game are you getting with a $15K BMSLE vs a $6K Aerosmith Pro? Insane. Is there really $9,000 more value in a BM66SLE?

No, people wanted the BM66 SLE for one reason and one reason only to get into the Super Limited Club, sometimes rarity is more valuable than actual physical hardware, I like a bit of both and usually an LE buyer but I would go Pro with this every day the Pro looks great! Borg always delivers with the Pro model.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Personally, I'm buying a Met PRO and will be getting a KISS Prem off the secondhand market. Met PRO is a fantastic and proven game with one of my favorite bands. KISS I inexplicably like despite it's flaws.
All that aside, I hope that the people who decide to go for an Aerosmith enjoy the heck out of their games.

we know Kirk... It goes without saying

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Is there really $9,000 more value in a BM66SLE here?

To some people yeah, whats wrong with that? They get what they want and the company makes money, I see what ur saying but who cares.

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well on that point we agree. I'm okay with TOTO because it's pretty quick, but the other one gets old real fast. I could have done without that one.

I would agree too. I own a WOZ and the TOTO ball save to fine, but the left state fair balloon game... not fun. I have not completed it yet, too hard for me. It seems to just take too long. A ball save mini game should be super quick. It's the only feature I don't like in WOZ, other than that I like the layout overall. I do get a ton of cheap drains on the left side, which makes it more frustrating when I play, but I have it set to 5 ball so that helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside