You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 84.
#851 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A $200 increase has been standard for a number of yr now for people spending $5000/10,000 on a toy it should be no big deal.Good themes and getting ghosting in the past will = strong sales

It's not a ''toy'' to an operator. It should be considered a big deal when you're willing to throw an extra $200 out the window because you justify it as a ''toy''.

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Funny, cause the first thing that came to mind seeing the "animations" was Metalocalypse. Or maybe aqua teen . . . Seriously, the visuals look like something from an Adult Swim cartoon spoof.

Someone said above Brendon Small is the voice. I wonder if he was involved with the animations as well? Or maybe pulled in some of his animator buddies from Metalocalypse.

#854 7 years ago

Immediate game complaints? Check.
Compare how similar game is to other(s)? Check.
Complain about the pricing? Check.
Sprinkle in a few "I love the theme" and a few "I hate the theme"? Check.
Ahhh, all the hallmarks of another new game reveal!

#855 7 years ago

What is the street price of Alien?

#856 7 years ago

Honestly it looks way better then I expected. I do see similarities with both Kiss and Metallica, but honestly the physical lock of the toybox seems like an improved toy. The physical lock to the left of the right ramps also seems interesting. Looks like it sends balls to the toybox and could be used as a either a captured ball or add a ball. The short backhand targets on the upper playfield are something different, but I admittedly have limited access to newer machines. I have never owned a machine newer then mid-90s, but would love to eventually add a newer machine to my collection. Pending code this looks like it could contend with Metallica, if I were go go with a Stern.

#857 7 years ago

Anyone who thinks the artwork is not spot on for this title just likes to complain...

#858 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me or are all these games looking the same?

There are only so many arrangements of pop bumpers, ramps, kickers, extra flippers, and toys that work. All angles in these machines flow towards the player, so that further limits what arrangements are possible. Similarity is inevitable and I think we're well past the point where layout creativity has become limited in a fan or upper-flipper layout. For a company to make something really, really innovative then the basic geometry of the machine needs to be looked at, which might not make for fun games.

Quoted from oohlou:

I wonder if [Brendon Small] was involved with the animations as well?

Watching the animations immediately reminded me of the Snakes & Barrels episode.

#859 7 years ago

Sorry to the haters but this pin looks like a winner. Can't wait to play it.

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is it just me or are all these games looking the same?

60 years of playing pinball will do that for ya.

It's been said but there's only so much shit you can do. And if you go completely off the reservation like Baby Pacman or Pin2K - or Woz for that matter - it usually kinda sucks.

#861 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone who thinks the artwork is not spot on for this title just likes to complain...

I don't think anyone is complaining about the art.

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Approximate street prices:
PRO = $5195
PREMIUM = $6995
LE = $8295
MSRP compared to Ghostbusters:
PRO = +$200
PREMIUM = +$300
LE = +$200

Is this real or made up?

#863 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not 60 years of playing, it's the rehash of an art style from the 60s by the master. How many Big Daddy Ed Roth clones are there now?

#864 7 years ago

This game looks better then expected... and I know I will get some heat for this, but looks WAY better then BM66 - especially the custom LED animations vs video clips.. love the artwork too.....

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK.
Do YOU love that shit?

I don't like Stern IJ at all...but I think cool physical Multiball locks and releases are cool. I like when a cool feature from a shit game makes it into a (potentially) good game.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is this real or made up?

My distro offered $5199 for a pro, so not made up.

#867 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is this real or made up?

Quoted from kermit24:

I was quoted $8299 (shipped) on the LE as best price too.

#868 7 years ago
Quoted from Squall:

Guys! Animations on Aero are so lame! Like made in Paint! - Now look at Hobbit - look at Aero and then again on Hobbit! C'mon!
I have Kiss, MOPLE, ACDC BIBLE and others - but is enough for me!

Hobbit had movie footage to work from. Aerosmith had nothing. It was either this or live action band footage. Even though the animation is like 1998 Internet Flash, the art style is completely cohesive with the rest of the game...I'd rather see good character 2D art with bad animation than bad 3D character art/animation (Lexi Lightspeed, Dialed In). I think for their first game with original 2D color content, it looks really good. Good enough for a pinball display, IMO.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is the street price of Alien?

reach out directly to Andrew. There are lots of options, but safe to say it is very competitive with the AeroPro and obviously packed with way more stuff.

#870 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So the meltdown thread last month was because prices are going up $200?

Jeez. That's not a big deal, especially considering everybody gets the LCD screen they've been lusting after for all these years.

#871 7 years ago

I don't know why, but it upsets me a little that the

-middle ramp sound effects is the same as kiss
-super ramp sound effects is the same as kiss
- bonus counter sound effects are the same as kiss just at a different pitch
- scoop eject sound is the same as kiss
-Spinner sounds are the same as kiss
- Side target sound affect is the same as kiss/army targets

I'm sure there are more

#872 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

-super ramp sound affect is the same as kiss

Maybe they will kill two codes with one stone.

#873 7 years ago

Who's dong the code on this pin?

#874 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's been said but there's only so much shit you can do. And if you go completely off the reservation like Baby Pacman or Pin2K - or Woz for that matter - it usually kinda sucks.

Biggest limiting factors for modern Sterns are 1) mandatory Italian bottom with virtually no variation. So many hundreds of ways to have fun with this area 2) mandatory pop nest (always on upper half of PF) 3) mandatory standard body. Still hard to come up with something truly new but these rules really up the "sameness" factor on these games.

#875 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Maybe that's their "stock music game sound FX" now. Stern's been recycling sound FX since the DE days....remember the "mode is ending telephone ring" sound effect that's in pretty much every DE game?

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hobbit had movie footage to work from. Aerosmith had nothing. It was either this or live action band footage. Even though the animation is like 1998 Internet Flash, the art style is completely cohesive with the rest of the game...I'd rather see good character 2D art with bad animation than bad 3D character art/animation (Lexi Lightspeed, Dialed In). I think for their first game with original 2D color content, it looks really good. Good enough for a pinball display, IMO.

Couldn't agree more Greg.

But our opinions will likely be dismissed as being nothing more than Stern "fanboys" giving Stern a pass (even though we both own and love our Hobbitses).

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Biggest limiting factors for modern Sterns are 1) mandatory Italian bottom with virtually no variation. So many hundreds of ways to have fun with this area

I would disagree with this. I don't know what an "italian bottom is" exactly - at least outside a gay bar - but there are actually VERY FEW variations on the lower playfield that are any good. That's why Steve Ritchie games are always the same down there. Don't get cute - messing around down there can easily ruin a game.

#878 7 years ago

Hoping to see a Features Matrix on this game soon. the pro looks really great so far!

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So the meltdown thread last month was because prices are going up $200?
Jeez. That's not a big deal, especially considering everybody gets the LCD screen they've been lusting after for all these years.

Last I checked you were in that thread, so to have a question mark at the end of anything I just quoted from you above means you didn't really get any of it.
Go back and read the last page, it sums up why it's a big deal.

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Hoping to see a Features Matrix on this game soon. the pro looks really great so far!

Hope no more. It was posted like 5 pages ago.

#881 7 years ago

I must admit I was just luke warm on this title when we learned about it months ago. But after the book came out showing the art it piqued my interest. I'm a fan of the band but not so much that I was in just because it was being made. I thought I would be in on KISS but the code kept me from ever purchasing one. Now that I've seen these pics and the video I have to say I'm much more impressed than I thought and this has zoomed up my charts as a possible purchase. I think the art is simply stunning and love the toys in the attic toy. The code already seems to be ahead of Batman (and Kiss sadly). Put me in the fan category at this point!!

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

- scoop eject sound is the same as kiss
-Spinner sounds are the same as kiss
- Side target sound affect is the same as kiss/army targets
I'm sure there are more

Yup, more cost cutting moves. I'm tired of the lame super targets, super ramps and super loops modes too. Those types of modes are filler modes with minimal coding compared to objective based modes.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having such modes in a game with deep and unique code but Stern doesn't appear to be going in that direction.

Aerosmith does look pretty slick overall. Hopefully it becomes a great game. Will a premium be close to $8k like Batman 66 premium?

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This game looks better then expected... and I know I will get some heat for this, but looks WAY better then BM66 - especially the custom LED animations vs video clips.. love the artwork too.....

Watching the FB footage of gameplay back to back, I'd have to agree with this. Shots look better too...

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more Greg.
But our opinions will likely be dismissed as being nothing more than Stern "fanboys" giving Stern a pass (even though we both own and love our Hobbitses).

Hahah...look, I give props where props are due. The overall package for this game is awesome...and I'm saying that as someone who's on Stern's shitlist for my GB criticisms, a non-Aero fan and someone who won't buy NIB games anymore. I don't see one thing to complain about, seriously. It looks extremely appealing with a nice layout and toys that look cool.

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bingo.
I learned my lesson with GOT Premium. Should have gone pro from day 1 because of the stupid upper/mini PF. If I ever get Aerosmith, it will be the pro.

Agreed. I'm not going to rush out and buy this, but I could EASILY trade my KISS premium for the AS pro.

#886 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hahah...look, I give props where props are due. The overall package for this game is awesome...and I'm saying that as a non-Aero fan and someone who won't buy NIB games anymore. I don't see one thing to complain about, seriously. It looks extremely appealing with a nice layout and toys that look cool.

Again, I agree on all counts.

Not an Aerosmith fan, but if they limit the majority of songs to what they released in the 70's and early 80's I can tolerate it. I won't be buying this anytime soon, but if the rules/code get positive feedback and I like how it plays, I can see owning a pro down the road.

#887 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hope no more. It was posted like 5 pages ago.

oh snap...

#888 7 years ago

Has anything about pricing been announced? I wonder if a premium will be close to $8k like Batman 66 premium?

#889 7 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Biggest limiting factors for modern Sterns are 1) mandatory Italian bottom with virtually no variation. So many hundreds of ways to have fun with this area 2) mandatory pop nest (always on upper half of PF) 3) mandatory standard body. Still hard to come up with something truly new but these rules really up the "sameness" factor on these games.

WOF got away with not using a mandatory Italian bottom and I think it made it a much more exciting game because of the extra nudging possibilities. I'm surprised they haven't tried doing that again.

As for Aerosmith I actually think the art and the layout on the Pro looks fantastic!-I actually enjoy the KISS layout so I don't mind seeing it improved and recycled. The biggest reason to hold off on buying this game though is code. If it doesn't have Lyman or Dwight on lead software what are the chances that it's actually going to be any good.

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

WOF got away with not using a mandatory Italian bottom and I think it made it a much more exciting game because of the extra nudging possibilities. I'm surprised they haven't tried doing that again.

You are surprised? They sold like 20 of those and never even bothered finishing it up.

People love tight, hot Italian bottoms. There's a reason the vast majority of pinball machines made in the last 30 years are like that - it's what players like.

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anything about pricing been announced? I wonder if a premium will be close to $8k like Batman 66 premium?

been posted many times in all the threads...take a look back

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Again, I agree on all counts.
Not an Aerosmith fan, but if they limit the majority of songs to what they released in the 70's and early 80's I can tolerate it. I won't be buying this anytime soon, but if the rules/code get positive feedback and I like how it plays, I can see owning a pro down the road.

You two get a room already.

#893 7 years ago

My only complaint and it has really nothing to do with this machine directly but man, after seeing this today and how well they incorporated the LCD screen, they should've put one in GB.

#894 7 years ago

this game looks a lot better and a lot more fun than batman66

#895 7 years ago

Wait. NO models with mini dome flashers? No deal.

mini (resized).pngmini (resized).png

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are surprised? They sold like 20 of those and never even bothered finishing it up.
People love tight, hot Italian bottoms. There's a reason the vast majority of pinball machines made in the last 30 years are like that - it's what players like.

While I agree it's the safe option and guarantees at least middling results, there are lots and lots of famous entrepreneurs quoted stating that people don't know what they want until you sell it to them. Henry Ford is famously quoted saying his customers would have asked for a faster horse.

Some manufacturer has to take a risk if we want to expect innovation. Stern isn't that company right now. They're know for playing it very safe. Similar layouts, themes with a built in audience. We've seen the threads about it dozens of times. It's interesting to me that the companies who could go completely out of business from a single flop are the ones doing most of the layout innovation.

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would disagree with this. I don't know what an "italian bottom is" exactly - at least outside a gay bar - but there are actually VERY FEW variations on the lower playfield that are any good. That's why Steve Ritchie games are always the same down there. Don't get cute - messing around down there can easily ruin a game.

Virtually every classic Bally SS had a non-standard (Italian) bottom. It's a big part of what makes them so beloved IMO. You have to work at new and unique flipper skills and nudging strategies on every table. Some of my favorites are the lower left "Beasts Lair" pop on Paragon, the inlane save gates with nudging posts on Centaur, the scissor flippers on Harlem, and on and on.

#898 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, see further back. The Premium is $6995 shipped. $8299 for the LE shipped.

I do wish the LE had some better features than what is currently listed to make up for the $1300 difference. Laser-etched armor is always nice. Something a little more creative than just a different color armor, and mirrored backglass versus translite (and the few small things like designer signature on playfield and COA.) Not the best set of LE features.

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

NO models with mini dome flashers?
NO DEAL.

Hey man, at least they're telling us up front what they never intend to complete

Looks liek they really learned from the ACDC fiasco

#900 7 years ago

Borg did give the Pro buyer a lot of love again. God bless that guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.