You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 84.
#801 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I watched the video and it looked like comedy to me.

Sounds like you're the minority, but no biggie...

#802 7 years ago

Is it within the realm of possibility that KISS was underwhelming in sales so they just tweaked a few things about the KISS layout and gave it a few different features, hoping some kick ass art would hide the fact? I'd love to see a side-by-side or overlap of AERO vs. KISS Pro models.

- Seems as if the Peter pop bumper was replaced by a scoop, but perhaps the same drill location. Having this as a scoop probably means the 2nd 'S' in the left KISS targets had to go.
- Keep the outer orbit shot through the pops.
- Replace the backstage pass scoop which people on the whole think was a poor shot location with two tiny standups.
- Replace that stupid Paul/STAR section with a real toy.
- Keep the center ramp.
- Add in a "sneak in" skill shot a-la FH or Mustang since KISS lacks any skill shot.
- Replace the Gene head with a few new mech's (don't know what they are since they only post videos on freggin FB and I don't have FB, nor would my employer allow access if I did).
- Keep the spinner on the right orbit.
- Keep the right standups.
- Add new art, and BOOM, new game with minimal investment to PF layout and shot geometry analysis.

#803 7 years ago

Love that you can choose 3,4,5 or 6 ball multiball.
Also noticed some of the photos show inside side art even on the pro model.
Wonder if this will be extra like Ghostbustes? I'm sure it will be.
The video looks awesome.
Hope that ball lock launcher stays accurate.
Code seems much farther along then Batman at the moment.

#804 7 years ago

I applaud the spinner for the pro. Layout looks fun, but looks very much like KISS, with the ramp placement. Kiss is a fun game though, but might feel similar. Pro looks like the better game, unless you like batting around little playfields to slow down the flow.
$200 increase...could have been worse I guess.

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

That's the point of releaseing a super priced BM66 just before this one....to show you had bad it could have been.
Thanks Stern?

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

wish I liked the band...

Put yourself in a time machine and go back to 1975.

#807 7 years ago

Thanks for the link; I wonder who took that video? I was getting dizzy trying to watch it. The pro looks like it would be the way to go because that upper PF is so tight and seems like an after thought (plus I like the blue cabinet). Guess it doesn't matter because either way it's out of my price range...

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sounds like you're the minority, but no biggie...

Lately in this hobby, that seems to be the case.

As long as they keep cranking out these has been licensed themes, I'll be happy to be the in the minority and keep my money for more interesting things.

#809 7 years ago

It looks like Kiss's basic layout. I think the jack in the box thing will be cool. I like Sparky, and Stern can do a lot of things with one magnet there. I like the NBA kickout thing to box...that's a cool effect. The art looks good.

The LCD stuff looks like a joke when the band is playing. They look static...that's nothing like an Aerosmith concert...they're high energy. I was hoping for more songs than the inserts showed. Maybe they'll add some in later. The upper playfield looks pretty terrible to me, but maybe it will be better when I play it and see how it works in the code. The targets are so close...what's the point? Can you hit the big orbit up there from the flipper? I like that the ramp can bypass that at times.

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I applaud the spinner for the pro. Layout looks fun, but looks very much like KISS, with the ramp placement. Kiss is a fun game though, but might feel similar. Pro looks like the better game, unless you like batting around little playfields to slow down the flow.

A $200 increase has been standard for a number of yr now for people spending $5000/10,000 on a toy it should be no big deal.Good themes and getting ghosting in the past will = strong sales

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Good themes and getting ghosting in the past will = strong sales

Yep, Stern does know how to ghost some inserts

#812 7 years ago

Not bad...an improved Kiss, which is a not a bad thing. But I'm out...prices, quality issues, theme. Patiently waiting for AP's Houdini.

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Patiently waiting for AP's Houdini.

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A $200 increase has been standard for a number of yr now for people spending $5000/10,000 on a toy it should be no big deal.Good themes and getting ghosting in the past will = strong sales

wholly crap, you REALLY are a Stern Employee.

Just kindly leave rather than making yourself and your company look stupid on a collectors forum. Pretty sad that you think you can just come into the party and constantly deflect and treat your potentital customers like this. Nothing like being lied to right in our faces...

#815 7 years ago

No custom speech by Steven Tyler? Kiss had both gene and Paul...

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'd love to see a side-by-side or overlap of AERO vs. KISS Pro model

kiss_vs_aerosmith (resized).pngkiss_vs_aerosmith (resized).png

#817 7 years ago

metallica vs aerosmith

metallica_vs_aerosmith (resized).pngmetallica_vs_aerosmith (resized).png

#818 7 years ago

I can see the similarity with Kiss...but with Metallica, it's pushing it.

#819 7 years ago

Since everyone is saying it thought I would make an easy way to compare Aerosmith to Kiss.
EDIT: looks like we all had the same idea!

1 KISS (resized).jpg1 KISS (resized).jpg

Similar shot layout, but code will make a big difference between how the two games play and feel and that LCD looks great lots of custom animation, a completely different look and feel to BM66 which is great helps keep the LCD feeling fresh and different game to game. Not a Aerosmith fan but the game looks a lot of fun and the art just like Metallic is awesome! Luckily I have a friend who loves his music pins so hopefully should get to play this some point down the line.

#820 7 years ago

Definitely some similar geometry to Kiss, but the playfield on Aerosmith looks better. By replacing Gene Simmons and a pop bumper, there are now more good shots.

#821 7 years ago

Is it just me or are all these games looking the same?

#822 7 years ago

I wonder who BORG is punking, US or Stern with these lazy copycat layouts. Look at Fun house and Tron, Austin Powers and Iron man and now this...

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well it's Borg...obviously at some point he had to stop copying PL and find someone else; and whom better than himself.

Quoted from MRG:

I wonder who BORG is punking, US or Stern with these lazy copycat layouts.

Stern has always known what Borg is & does. He aint the cheapest for nothin'

#824 7 years ago

Are the cities programmed?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#825 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

but with Metallica, it's pushing it.

Really? Stretch left ramp to go around toy instead of next to him, take the mystery scoop and move it up but now it's an elevator. Oh but also take out the newton ball, the snake lock, the inline drop targets, and the left target lane. Not pushing it, but stripping it while raising the price.

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it's Borg...obviously at some point he had to stop copying PL and find someone else; and whom better than himself.

Besides that, they all look to have skittled Ed Roth cloned artwork. Hey if that's what's in right now, more power to them.

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Borg is a Taco Bell designer. 3-4 ingredients layered in different ways and sold by different names. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy them, but you pretty much know what you're going to get each time you go.

#828 7 years ago

Will be interesting to see a Dirty Donny lineup all in a row: Pabst Can Crusher, Kiss, Metallica, Aerosmith
(did I miss any non-limited games?)

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Will be interesting to see a Dirty Donny lineup all in a row: Pabst Can Crusher, Kiss, Metallica, Aerosmith
(did I miss any non-limited games?)

I don't think Donny did Kiss.

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got megator.. that's megatee! you can tell because the index finger is crooked slightly different!

#831 7 years ago

What is the achilles heal of this machine?

Lonnie on code.

Fool me once with Star Trek, shame on you. Fool me twice with KISS, shame on me.

#832 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Borg is a Taco Bell designer. you pretty much know what you're going to get each time you go.

Is the answer to this diarrhea?

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What is the achilles heal of this machine?

Aerosmith.

#834 7 years ago

- Contents edited by mod team -

#835 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

images (resized).pngimages (resized).png

#836 7 years ago

2017-01-04_13-56-59 (resized).jpg2017-01-04_13-56-59 (resized).jpg

#837 7 years ago

I sold my GB and had monies waiting to buy a machine and don't mind Aerosmith, interested in the LCD, and might be able to stretch just a touch over GB in the price department but BAM, fucking Kiss layout has me totally out. Too close guys...too soon

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't think Donny did Kiss.

My bad. The art goes well with the other 3.

#839 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've got megator.. that's megatee! you can tell because the index finger is crooked slightly different!
» YouTube video

One of the best stand ups of all time. Classic Dana Carvey.

#840 7 years ago

My Pf is ghosting, it has dimples, where's the code.

#841 7 years ago

Wonder what this will do to used KISS prices seeing how that now has an inferior layout, toys, and display to this.

#842 7 years ago

Just need a PF comparison side by side with IJ4 to complete the cycle.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All games with only two flippers 6/8 shot fan there may be a scoop,bash toy captive ball all similar till rules change that

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Put yourself in a time machine and go back to 1975.

Or put on Dazed & Confused at the very least.

#845 7 years ago

I'm really surprised Mama Kin isn't in the song lineup.

#846 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

All games with only two flippers 6/8 shot fan there may be a scoop,bash toy captive ball all similar till rules change that

I understand that. The poor copying of Ed Roth's classic artwork is wearing thin as well.

#847 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OMG they got Brendon Small (DETHKLOK / Metalocalypse) to do the voice acting!!!! squeeeeeeeee

Funny, cause the first thing that came to mind seeing the "animations" was Metalocalypse. Or maybe aqua teen . . . Seriously, the visuals look like something from an Adult Swim cartoon spoof.

#848 7 years ago

Lockdown bar button is different than Kiss..boom!

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Pro looks solid, per usual for Borg. Basically looks like the same game, minus the upper playfield.

Bingo.

I learned my lesson with GOT Premium. Should have gone pro from day 1 because of the stupid upper/mini PF. If I ever get Aerosmith, it will be the pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.