You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 220 votes
    22%

(1011 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 325 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 84.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

In a weird way I think more and more veteran pinsiders are turning towards this direction. Fool me once-shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I myself am done buying LE's sight unseen.

The only LE coming out that will require jumping in blind is going to be Star Wars LE. I am on the fence if whether or not I am willing to go in blind.

I think if we see as many issues on BM66 as we did on GB (defects like playfield chipping and clear cracking, insert ghosting & design flaws, ball guides being to short, captive ball holds bending, drop target issues, orbit lane/gate issues etc etc) then jumping in blind on SW surely has to be out of the question.

I am willing to give Stern the benefit of the doubt that the issues with GB was due to moving factory, bringing stuff in house, changing suppliers etc its all part of business things change. But now they say they have the issues sorted if we see them again on BM66 & Aerosmith then as a community we need to make show its not something we will accept.

I know personally I wont buy another NIB until Stern show the QC issues have been sorted & there have been some good signs of that already with little things on BM66 like Stern sorting out the ramp flap/catwoman art issue, the spelling correction of the "Villain" Vision TV & adding the cabinet side art to the LE's. They might be baby steps but they certainly show a different attitude compared to GB, where incorrectly spell playfields where shipped anyway, so its good to see these little changes and attention to detail after all the recent issues, I just hope they keep it up.

1 week later
#652 3 years ago

stern facebook photo went black, usually means the following day they announce next title. CES starts thursday, I'm betting they announce aerosmith and debut it as CES. They have a booth:
http://ces17.mapyourshow.com/7_0/floorplan/?hallID=D&selectedBooth=booth~26424

#653 3 years ago

Seems like they have more games with unfinished code than what they currently have in lineup for NIB purchasing. I can't imagine a car manufacturer being able to put out 4-6 vehicles in a 2 year period all with 1/2 finished code in the vehicle computers.

#654 3 years ago

and a hidden message.

#655 3 years ago

Yep and all those people saying their done buying NIB with the price increase will be lining up just because it has the new display right.

#656 3 years ago

Definitely a hidden message when you turn up the exposure. What does that say?!

IMG_2628 (resized).PNG

#657 3 years ago

IMG_2626 (resized).JPG

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yep and all those people saying their done buying NIB with the price increase will be lining up just because it has the new display right.

Not a chance. Pretty lame theme, and Stern has yet to show that they can actually do cool stuff with the LCD. I bet that Aerosmith is going to be a slow seller unless the layout is truly special. With so many people afraid of buying games where Lonnie is the lead programmer, this game has a lot working against it.

Dirty Donnie is doing the art, however. He will probably put out a pretty nice looking machine.

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not a chance. Pretty lame theme, and Stern has yet to show that they can actually do cool stuff with the LCD. I bet that Aerosmith is going to be a slow seller unless the layout is truly special. With so many people afraid of buying games where Lonnie is the lead programmer, this game has a lot working against it.
Dirty Donnie is doing the art, however. He will probably put out a pretty nice looking machine.

Given that we've seen most of the machine, including the cabinet and playfield, in his art book, there's not much mystery left.

#660 3 years ago

So, the hidden text is in Russian. Grasping for straws here, but Russian => Aeroflot => Aerosmith?

#661 3 years ago

Here is the message from stern facebook wall. Can anyone translate?

IMG_0079 (resized).JPG

#662 3 years ago

I think that the russians hacked sterns facebook

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Chris Flohr posted a translation in a comment on Facebook:

"""
This time, it says:
"вы ищете здесь
становится
предсказуемым"

Which, roughly translated, says:
"you are looking for here
It is becoming
predictable"
"""

#664 3 years ago

Wouldn't that be a pisser if Stern announced something other than Aerosmith at CES.

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Wouldn't that be a pisser if Stern announced something other than Aerosmith at CES.

Yeah, but what could be more Wrestlemania than Aerosmith? Lol. I kid....

Would be a huge surprise if it was a different title....and the Stern juggernaut would keep rolling on....nice surprise, but a tall order....unless Aerosmith is an elaborate Dirty Donnie art project for some pinball that was never going to exist.

I'm keen to hear Aerosmith tunes and play pinball. The song list is good for a band that has some grating ballads in recent times. Also interested to see the video they use for this game. Batman is getting mixed reviews on looping various clips. John Borg is currently my favourite designer, so I'm confident there....which leaves a question mark on code.

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Just assume it's gonna be Duck Dynasty SLE

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Would be a huge surprise if it was a different title....and the Stern juggernaut would keep rolling on....nice surprise, but a tall order

Wrestlemania basically came out of nowhere, when everyone was expecting Kiss or Game of Thrones (the next 2 titles).

But I doubt that will happen regularly. We know Aerosmith has already been bumped back once for BM66.

#668 3 years ago

WWE was also a last minute replacement for a different theme that fell through.

Kind of makes sense... as a theme, WWE is the the worst of the recent Sterns.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm betting they announce aerosmith and debut it as CES

Well that was my original thought as well, but I have to agree with Frolic. I think Stern is going to bring Batman66, the new home version Spiderman and maybe a few of their other current production titles. They want to focus on selling recently released units(Batman66 Premiums).

Stern is like a car dealer where when they release a new model, they need time to promote and sell that new model before another new model arrives. That is why you never see the next year car advertised, even though it is on the lot towards the end of every year.

I could be wrong, Stern has surprised us before.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Seems like they have more games with unfinished code than what they currently have in lineup for NIB purchasing. I can't imagine a car manufacturer being able to put out 4-6 vehicles in a 2 year period all with 1/2 finished code in the vehicle computers.

Not sure if you realize this but pinball machines aren't cars and your "cargument" is a bit of a fallacy. Your false analogy makes no sense.

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

This is not the pinball machine you're looking for...

#672 3 years ago

I would think Aerosmith will most certainly be revealed at CES in 2 days. This game has been waiting since early Summer for release, I would imagine the designer would like to just move on already ... Batman is shipping so it's not 'new', so we won't see that at CES. Looking forward to it!

Quoted from cantbfrank:

#673 3 years ago

Focusing on batman would be a really bad PR move. Non pinheads will drop their jaws at the sticker price. They need a cheap pro to show off.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Focusing on batman would be a really bad PR move. Non pinheads will drop their jaws at the sticker price. They need a cheap pro to show off.

True dat.

Operators need a new pro.

#675 3 years ago

Despite my suspecting it won't be there, I do hope we get the Aerosmith announcement this week because I am very curious what a Pro with Spike 2 will be priced at.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

They need a cheap pro to show off.

Chances are they are bringing the Spider-Man home game.

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Chances are they are bringing the Spider-Man home game.

It is the "Consumer" Electronics Show, so a home pinball is more appropriate there than a Pro for operators.

If memory serves, they got a lot of media from The Pin the first time around, so I suspect they'll do well with Spidey this time.

#678 3 years ago

Aerosmith????

SWEET!!

SWEEEEEEEEEEET EMOOOOTION.........
Talk about things that nobody cares...

Ahhh, memory lane in a box of fun!! Thank you Stern, may I have another!!

Alice Cooper, et al....

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is the "Consumer" Electronics Show, so a home pinball is more appropriate there than a Pro for operators.
If memory serves, they got a lot of media from The Pin the first time around, so I suspect they'll do well with Spidey this time.

They got a lot of media, but it didn't translate to any measurable amount of success in sales. I had several friends at the show who know that I'm a pinball guy, and they were all texting me about it. The general reaction was, "they look pretty bad compared to your games."

The Spider-Man home game is a lot better than The Pin was, but it's still noticeably compromised. I think that the price is still too high to work when you're probably going to have some insanely cool tech there that can be had for better pricing. Pinball is old tech, and stripped down pinball just feels super out of place at a show about cutting edge electronics.

I don't know that Stern should skip CES, but showing a basic version of a product is tone deaf marketing. Everybody else, literally everybody else, at CES is showing the most cutting edge and impressive products they make. Stern drags their most basic. I would leave Spider-Man off the floor and save it for a different venue.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think if we see as many issues on BM66 as we did on GB (defects like playfield chipping and clear cracking, insert ghosting & design flaws, ball guides being to short, captive ball holds bending, drop target issues, orbit lane/gate issues etc etc) then jumping in blind on SW surely has to be out of the question.
I am willing to give Stern the benefit of the doubt that the issues with GB was due to moving factory, bringing stuff in house, changing suppliers etc its all part of business things change. But now they say they have the issues sorted if we see them again on BM66 & Aerosmith then as a community we need to make show its not something we will accept.
I know personally I wont buy another NIB until Stern show the QC issues have been sorted & there have been some good signs of that already with little things on BM66 like Stern sorting out the ramp flap/catwoman art issue, the spelling correction of the "Villain" Vision TV & adding the cabinet side art to the LE's. They might be baby steps but they certainly show a different attitude compared to GB, where incorrectly spell playfields where shipped anyway, so its good to see these little changes and attention to detail after all the recent issues, I just hope they keep it up.

Are you kidding? people will be begging for the LEs and wont be able to wait for their game then they will bitch about bad PF and no code.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They got a lot of media, but it didn't translate to any measurable amount of success in sales. I had several friends at the show who know that I'm a pinball guy, and they were all texting me about it. The general reaction was, "they look pretty bad compared to your games."
The Spider-Man home game is a lot better than The Pin was, but it's still noticeably compromised. I think that the price is still too high to work when you're probably going to have some insanely cool tech there that can be had for better pricing. Pinball is old tech, and stripped down pinball just feels super out of place at a show about cutting edge electronics.
I don't know that Stern should skip CES, but showing a basic version of a product is tone deaf marketing. Everybody else, literally everybody else, at CES is showing the most cutting edge and impressive products they make. Stern drags their most basic. I would leave Spider-Man off the floor and save it for a different venue.

imagine what people will think if they have just as much fun or more on the SM home pin compared to BM66 and they look at the price difference. im sorta at that spot when i compare my GOT Pro to my Hobbit , both are equally fun to me but one is $3k more new.

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Are you kidding? people will be begging for the LEs and wont be able to wait for their game then they will bitch about bad PF and no code.

You can still buy KISS LEs, WWE LEs, X-Men LEs, and others well below their initial cost. Heck, some of those games still have NIBs floating around at deeply discounted pricing. Not every LE is desirable. If the code continues to suck for long enough, NO LE will be desirable. Stern really needs to fix this code and quality problem.

#683 3 years ago

My spies are setting up their booth at CES as we speak and just texted me this photo. They have instructions to head over to the Stern booth as soon as possible and try to get any photos of a new release. My sources tell me it will be Aerosmith –and get this…. It will ship with COMPLETE code.

15822538_10210338909742925_7613027979661360228_n (resized).jpg

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My spies are setting up their booth at CES as we speak and just texted me this photo. They have instructions to head over to the Stern booth as soon as possible and try to get any photos of a new release. My sources tell me it will be Aerosmith –and get this…. It will ship with COMPLETE code.

KISS complete code? haha

#685 3 years ago

Just wait and see... believe me, I'm still waiting for a KISS update too.

#686 3 years ago

Love their stuff. Have a few of their speaker packages.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern really needs to fix this code and quality problem.

My bet is that Stern wont fix shit. Years ago at a seminar, the first and last one I went to, GS himself said that their concern was the pin currently for sale, not the ones that were already sold.

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They got a lot of media, but it didn't translate to any measurable amount of success in sales.

I agree. We all watched it unfold here. I'm surprised they keep attempting it as a way to grow the market, and it's even had a price bump since The Pin, and that at the time stopped people in their tracks. I think the buyers for Spidey is us... home collectors who might want a nib but can't afford them. Not fuseball buyers.

#689 3 years ago

That is because this game has been worked on for a long time now but that is awesome news

#690 3 years ago

Can't wait to see Aerosmith pics

#691 3 years ago

Is that Lonnie complete, or actual complete?

#692 3 years ago

Complete code doesn't always equate to good code. I'm really really hoping Lonnie hits one out of the ball park and gets back on track cause he does have some great moments in code history. But one of the reasons Lyman is so good and one of the best is that he gets feedback from top players and those in the community and then applies it. Lyman has (typically) always had weak out of the gate code, with amazing game breaking follow up 'complete' code. So saying Aerosmith is released with finished code is nothing new from what Lonnie has done in the past for the most part. But like I said in a previous thread, I think Aerosmith pro version will be this years pinball dark horse and I hope Lonnie nails it.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Here you go, why wait?

I was just about to ask if someone could post them. Thanks!

#695 3 years ago

Unsure if this was posted yet, but one little tidbit of information about this game was discussed briefly on Greg Fitzsimmons podcast as he had Brendon Small as a guest. Brendon confirms he is doing the voices again for Aerosmith, similar to his work with Metallica, and his character is some sort of jack in the box from Toys in the Attic.

#696 3 years ago

@26:40 he talks about doing the voice work for Aerosmith (and Metallica’s Sparky). He mentions his old music industry buddy (Jody D., formerly of US Music). The best part is the offer of a free pinball and his wife said no since they don’t have the room!

https://gregfitz.libsyn.com/

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nope, there are only so many chances a company/product is given before even the most loyal of customers say enough is enough, plus I don't know for certain but could Stern afford to have another GB fiasco? The GB playfield swap program must be costing them.

Even a company as untouchable as Apple have seen a decline in iPhone & iPad sales. iPad sales have been declining since 2014 and iPhone sales slumped massively 2015/2016, Apple got lucky thanks to the Samsung incident, that then saw Apple sales boosted again.

But my point being is you can only annoy your customer base so much before they look elsewhere and in the current pinball climate there has never been more places to look for that next pinball fix.

#698 3 years ago

Stopped by sterns booth earlier. It's what is to be expected

#699 3 years ago

I'm actually kind of looking forward to Aerosmith, it could be a decent game, I like the artwork and the music isn't bad. Looking forward to seeing this at a show soon and having a chance to play it.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm actually kind of looking forward to Aerosmith, it could be a decent game, I like the artwork and the music isn't bad. Looking forward to seeing this at a show soon and having a chance to play it.

I think they should have upped the game a bit and made the legs clawfoot style with Steven Tyler's messed up toes.

steven-tyler-feet-close (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 4176 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside