You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 84.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Me too man. Last time I was there, it was like $149 bucks each for a one day, two park pass.

That's what Universal in Orlando was for both parks when I went 2 years ago.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well hopefully Stern will stop drinking the Kool-Aid with thinking that an LCD screen is special and deserves to have a premium added to their advertised map pricing. I am concerned after the pricing was released for Batman 66. If you think about it a LCD should actually cost less than a DMD. I am happy that they chose a 15" LCD instead of getting rid of backglass art like JJP. I cant stand the size of the LCD on JJP games. Hopefully Stern does not try and gouge potential buyers because they installed a $25 Chinese made LCD.

But the price of JJP LCD and everything else we get in a game by them is justified unlike Sterns from what we know so far in a pinball game to have smaller LCD.

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

But the price of JJP LCD and everything else we get in a game by them is justified unlike Sterns from what we know so far in a pinball game to have smaller LCD.

Sorry I wish I liked JJP games but they do nothing for me.

I call WOZ "The Rainbow Show With No Flow" layout is clunky, lightshow is great

and I call the Hobbit "Modern EM on Steroids" with all the drop targets-boring

I like Stern, Data East, and Bally/Williams. Hopefully JJP pulls something out of his hat that will change my tune.

#554 7 years ago

I agree. Like the company but not excited about any of their games yet. I liked what spooky is doing too but haven't been able to buy he game I wanted. I hope the larger than dmd laptop lcd takes off. Kinda goofy to waste the display. But no bigger. Jjp is soo hard to follow. Hobbit looks a a table gaming. I don't care for table gaming.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Aerosmith chatter has gone quiet since Batman 66 flyer came out. Is Aerosmith a code name for a Borg/Lyman/Dirty Donny Iron Maiden pin?
Dirty Donny just posted this to Facebook. An old photo of himself wearing a Maiden tshirt. Is he currently working on an Iron Maiden project?

Classic Maiden art has a very specific style. I really hope that DD isn't doing the art or not doing it in his usual style because I'm really looking forward to buying one of these and DD art could be a dealbreaker on a Maiden pin.

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Classic Maiden art has a very specific style. I really hope that DD isn't doing the art or not doing it in his usual style because I'm really looking forward to buying one of these and DD art could be a dealbreaker on a Maiden pin.

Yeah, understand what you mean. When I think of Iron Maiden, that classic art style always comes to mind. I can't imagine it in Dirty Donny style, but if he was to tackle it, I'm sure he'd have that in mind as well and do it justice.

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My thoughts exactly. Ill risk it and try for an LE, sight unseen like I did Metallica(That worked out well!!!) but the art MUST be on point. As in, Dont change a freaking thing!

3 weeks later
#558 7 years ago

Anybody else just hear that rumble? Joe Perry must have just plugged in.

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sorry I wish I liked JJP games but they do nothing for me.
I call WOZ "The Rainbow Show With No Flow" layout is clunky, lightshow is great
and I call the Hobbit "Modern EM on Steroids" with all the drop targets-boring
I like Stern, Data East, and Bally/Williams. Hopefully JJP pulls something out of his hat that will change my tune.

Yes agree just can't help what you get in a JJP game but wish it had more flow like some of recent Stern games. They will hit the home run evetually I hope.

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes agree just can't help what you get in a JJP game but wish it had more flow like some of recent Stern games. They will hit the home run evetually I hope.

I really hope the new game revealed is fantastic. To me layout and flow is what makes a game fun. You can add LCD's, fancy toys, color changing LED's, Invisi-glass, Powder, etc, etc, but to me it is just fluff. A game with a good layout and rule set and fluff=spectacular. In a weird way I feel like JJP over did it with their current two titles, and tried to cram too much stuff in the games. Sometimes less is more and trying to keep things simple is better. We all want to push the bar level up, but when does it become too complex and too clunky?

I hope the introduction of the LCD on both the backglass and the playfield of Aerosmith does not drastically affect flow. It would suck if the game stops the motion of the ball to show a video clip of a song or something. I am looking forward to the LCD, but am fearful of it being a nuisance and a distraction. It will have to be balanced and hopefully not stop and go. I am also curious to see what Dirty Donny can do with the art package. The character depiction worked for Metallica, but I am wondering if it will work with Aerosmith or if the members of the band will be portrayed on the machine or not?

#561 7 years ago

8d19a0565d9455499eb33ba19ce5420b1f2c4071 (resized).jpg8d19a0565d9455499eb33ba19ce5420b1f2c4071 (resized).jpg

#562 7 years ago

The art I saw in Donny's book is killer.

#563 7 years ago

#564 7 years ago

Could be so good. Appeals to me more than GB, BM66, Dialed-In etc. Could easily be the next Met for Stern!

#565 7 years ago

IMG_1024 (resized).JPGIMG_1024 (resized).JPG

IMG_1025 (resized).JPGIMG_1025 (resized).JPG

#566 7 years ago

Aerosmith? This at least gives hope that maybe, just maybe, an Iron Maiden pin can be licensed and made

#567 7 years ago

Holy crap! Did this leak?

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Holy crap! Did this leak?

It was in Dirty Donny's Artwork book , The actual real reveal will likely be in January at CES.

#569 7 years ago

I noticed there's no real layout revealed. I bet dirty Donny expected the game to be out by now and didn't want the delay to hold up his book release.
Looks sweet. I can read some of he text to the right. His inspiration?

#570 7 years ago

looks familliar...

dolly (resized).jpgdolly (resized).jpg

#571 7 years ago

Fantastic art. It blows away Batman and Dialed In in that regard. The theme...not so much. But man, that's going to be a looker.

#572 7 years ago

The newer music pins are fun to find out and about but I have no interest in any of the newer ones for a collection and this is my least favorite band out of the recent ones.
Make a Ramones pin and I'm in. Or a Tom Waits pin. That would be all kinds of strange and wonderful.

#573 7 years ago

So it's official seems strange this picture is out and I'm his book, looks good so far

#574 7 years ago

What about Slayer? Is it real or these are just marketing stunts?

#575 7 years ago

i think it looks hideous. not interested at all.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#576 7 years ago

Like someone else said, this confirmation of DD doing Aerosmith at least means the Iron Maiden pin maybe, might, possibly have Derek Riggs for the art. Fingers crossed.

#577 7 years ago

I like the purple and the art work is fantastic and original. It is a little cartoony but I like the fact that it is different from the Metallica caricature. This game will look great sitting next to Metallica and I really enjoy playing music themed pinball machines with tunes playing in the background.

Now it all comes down to how does it play? The design and layout will make or break this pinball. It needs to be different, innovative and not a cookie cutter Stern. I really like the size of the LCD that Stern has chosen to go with. It is big enough to read and see, but does not take up the backglass art and does not look like a LCD TV was just mounted in. Time will tell but hopefully this machine plays as well as Metallica which has become one of my favorite machines.

#578 7 years ago

(to follow)

#579 7 years ago

Thank you for the pictures... guess codename 'attic' wasn't a rumour after all

#580 7 years ago

OK what if, the back box had an "Elevator" contraption (doesn't need the be a traditional elevator perhaps a round one etc similar in the pic) bringing the ball to the top area of the back box, which is filled with some type of mechanical toys that would go off in sequence when locking each ball... Eventually once are all 3 are locked for multi-ball, the "Toy's in the attic / upper part of the back-box" come to life, and the three balls drop down / float down from the back box and back on to the playfield for multiball. When dropping down you would "Get your wings"... as the float down in some way. Stern hire me i'm filled with ideas !

AerosmithWingsLogo8 (resized).pngAerosmithWingsLogo8 (resized).png

388520e6109560efa815d35459d72cbb (resized).jpg388520e6109560efa815d35459d72cbb (resized).jpg

#581 7 years ago

Looks great

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Talked to dirty Donny last night; about the artwork for the game he is very happy and thinks people will be extremely happy with the art on it

What else would be say?

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

i think it looks hideous. not interested at all.

are you in the right place? DICE is a completely different thread

#584 7 years ago

Music pins are personal for most of us. Kiss is my favorite band so it was a no brainer I was getting one. When Metallica was revealed I did not like the art....looked like a comic book threw up on it. Played a pro and the game play was so fun I bought a premium. Would like to pick up an AC/DC.....like the music and it's a fun pin.

Very few bands I would buy just on theme......Game play would have to be something special to buy Aerosmith. Same with Zep.....just not feeling it on theme alone if it were to happen.

Looking forward to checking out Aerosmith though.

#585 7 years ago

Someone told me Donny said he likes what he did for Aerosmith better, because he felt like he knew how to do art for a pin better.

Makes sense, I like what he did here, it feels a little more cohesive. But ... I still prefer my Metallica LE's art.

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Now it all comes down to how does it play? The design and layout will make or break this pinball. It needs to be different, innovative and not a cookie cutter Stern.

Can't think of any of the last few games from Stern that have been "cookie cutter".

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Like someone else said, this confirmation of DD doing Aerosmith at least means the Iron Maiden pin maybe, might, possibly have Derek Riggs for the art. Fingers crossed.

Could Derek riggs even do that, legally?

I don't think so. He's out of the maiden game and not on friendly terms with the band.

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from Bmorekrause:

Or a Tom Waits pin

That would be super popular.

Although if they did Small Change for the backglass, at least pinheads could get another dose of Cassandra Peterson (AKA Elvira).

That album was a few years before she became the Mistress of the Dark......

#589 7 years ago

A Tom Waits "Black Rider" pin would be extremely awesome for all five of us fans.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think so. He's out of the maiden game and not on friendly terms with the band.

Riggs owns the rights to Eddie :

"I own the character, the character was never mentioned in any contract, it was never sold by me and never purchased by them. no money was ever exchanged in this regard. The only thing ever mentioned in the contracts is the rights to the paintings I did for Maiden. I never pursued it in a court of law because I actually didn't want to paint Eddie anymore, so I left.

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If the band is into the pin and wants the best result that solves that. Stern just has to play mediator and try to get both the band and him on board with the idea. Doesn't Riggs own the character of Eddie, anyway?

#592 7 years ago

The purple trim on LE is really tempting me, but I really need more cowbell. I wonder if I got a hold of Stern and asked if I can pay an extra $5000 if they might be able to paint a pin-stripe on the game for me? I don't care about clear coating the pin-stripe either, let my kids rub it off with their little fingers. -Joking

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The purple trim on LE is really tempting me, but I really need more cowbell.

Seriously. The list of "features" these days is a frikkin fashion show.

#594 7 years ago

So far love the BG and playfeild art. The cab is ok but purple trim on purple doesn't look good. That does look like a LE so I will wait to judge until I see the other art packages.
Of course the non seen playfeild design and play really play into my decision. At this time I'm in probably about a year or so away. Pending some serious stuff though.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

So far love the BG and playfeild art. The cab is ok but purple trim on purple doesn't look good. That does look like a LE so I will wait to judge until I see the other art packages.

One thing I have learned about pre-release leaked photos is the actual reveal of the game blows the leaked photos away. The purple on purple will probably really pop and I think it will be stunning. We need a purple pin, such a great color. I really like the color of my deep purple Transformers LE, and the Aerosmith looks like it will be more on the pastel color scheme. I am starting to get excited about this title.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have learned about pre-release leaked photos is the actual reveal of the game blows the leaked photos away. The purple on purple will probably really pop and I think it will be stunning. We need a purple pin, such a great color. I really like the color of my deep purple Transformers LE, and the Aerosmith looks like it will be more on the pastel color scheme. I am starting to get excited about this title.

I guess time will tell. I know a LE would be out of my reach, even a premium at this point. My wife's favorite color is purple and favorite band is Aerosmith. Hence the purple Aerosmith tattoo. So as long as it plays good a pro for sure is in my future.

#597 7 years ago

I got some info on the toys and features of this game today. I'm 100% in on it. Can not wait to add this next to Metallica and KISS!

#598 7 years ago

Excited!!! Love Aerosmith... (I was n 80s teen....Aerosmith was a big thing)

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I got some info on the toys and features of this game today. I'm 100% in on it. Can not wait to add this next to Metallica and KISS!

Even though Stern abandoned KISS code? Ill have to wait and see what they do with this, cause Im full in for Iron Maiden, but Ill probably wait it out. Even MET LEs can be bought secondary now. Given the recent QA and code issues, im not all that excited anymore, even though i cant imagine not owning Iron Maiden someday.

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Excited!!! Love Aerosmith... (I was n 80s teen....Aerosmith was a big thing)

Me too! Before Zep, Stones or anything...Aerosmith came first in my LP collection! Seen them in concert about 10 years ago in Detroit. Stage had a long wing on the left and right side that went waaaay waaaay up into the general seating areas. We had tickets at the tip of the left wing. Tyler was putting on a great show with the band, running and singing up snd down those ramps. Then this *ickhead next to me tossed his beer at Tyler and nailed him like Niagara Falls. Steven did not even miss a note and kept singing as he flipped the dude off with the middle finger. Needless to say, he never came up that left side stage again the rest of the night. Only good thing was security did come and toss the idiot out. Mannnn though, why do people do stupid crap like that and ruin things for others? It was so messed up. I hope a Mack truck hit him while he crossed the street that night..
or any night for that matter!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/12?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.