You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 84.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the rumors are right, you have a year or less. Supposedly IM is already in the works, sometime after Star Wars.

Ahhh the magic rumors. You mean the ones we've been hearing aboot for the last 5 years? Is this after or before Jaws?

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

I'm holding out for the Nickelback pinball machine...........

I'd drop a few quarters in that if it had a bash toy for every band member...

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

The coin slots will be Chad's nose, upside down.

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A coaster the Disney fan base always looks to have rethemed every time the ride comes up because they all feel the band is out of place now and stale. Like right now, Guardians of the Galaxy is the IP Disney is looking to shove into the parks.. with a dinosaur of Universe of Energy on the chopping block.. but people quickly turn to Rockin Roller Coaster and say it would be a better retheme over there.

Given that they're re-theming Tower of Terror as Guardian's of the Galaxy and it's literally right next to Rockin' Rollercoaster, I doubt they're re-theme it to GotG, too.

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh the magic rumors. You mean the ones we've been hearing aboot for the last 5 years? Is this after or before Jaws?

I only really heard Iron Maiden strongly the past year or so, from enough places that I believe it.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that they're re-theming Tower of Terror as Guardian's of the Galaxy and it's literally right next to Rockin' Rollercoaster, I doubt they're re-theme it to GotG, too.

They are not redoing the ToT in Hollywood Studios.. only the one in DCA at this time. Where to put GotG was the debate.. ToT or UoE.. and fans immediatedly turned and said 'do it in RnRC'. No love for Aerosmith there really.. the like the rollercoaster and hate the preshow. The alley is pretty cool for a themed environment, but the attraction could be changed to another theme and most would applaud.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Iron Maiden - Number 72 on the list, but Number 1 in our hearts... up the irons!!

wiki says 90 million worldwide.
puts it much farther up the list.

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They are not redoing the ToT in Hollywood Studios.. only the one in DCA at this time. Where to put GotG was the debate.. ToT or UoE.. and fans immediatedly turned and said 'do it in RnRC'. No love for Aerosmith there really.. the like the rollercoaster and hate the preshow. The alley is pretty cool for a themed environment, but the attraction could be changed to another theme and most would applaud.

Re-theme it into a Tron coaster.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Yeah album sales are notoriously tough to look up. Billboard vs RIAA it's just a headache.

Quoted from stoptap:

I think after Disney shit-canned the sequel that's not likely. Sorry; not bloody likely.

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Disney already pulled electronica out of DCA several years back. It was a little disappointing, but at least the folks at Disney sometimes know when a particular theme has run it's course and pull it before it becomes too stale.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Man, TOT into Guardians of the Galaxy?

Worst idea ever. Jesus.

Next thing you know, they'll be taking out the classic Country Jamboree Bears and replacing it with some shit 4th rate Winnie the Pooh ride through. Oh wait ... They already did that.

Disney is going down in my estimations. Daily.

rd

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I've been saying that since they pulled out the Jr. Autopia and put up It's a Small World in it's place.

851c022d2c01d410c4f4d87017dc2ca5_(1)_(resized).jpg851c022d2c01d410c4f4d87017dc2ca5_(1)_(resized).jpg

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been saying that since they pulled out the Jr. Autopia and put up It's a Small World in it's place.

Small World is so crusty .. But it's iconic.

I can't wait till Disney rethemes it to WHAT COUNTRIES WILL IRONMAN SMASH UP TODAY instead. That'll be awesome. Not.

rd

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think after Disney shit-canned the sequel that's not likely. Sorry; not bloody likely.

Quoted from o-din:

Disney already pulled electronica out of DCA several years back. It was a little disappointing, but at least the folks at Disney sometimes know when a particular theme has run it's course and pull it before it becomes too stale.

Yet they used TRON lightcycles as an anchor attraction in the brand new Shanghi park that just opened (and its awesome btw)

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

That quote is from 2015, so you have to realize that everything else on the 2008 list I quoted from sold more, too. They're probably in roughly the same area.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Worst idea ever. Jesus.
Next thing you know, they'll be taking out the classic Country Jamboree Bears and replacing it with some shit 4th rate Winnie the Pooh ride through. Oh wait ... They already did that.
rd

Yeah, it was announced about a month ago after being rumored for like a year:

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2016/07/23/its-official-dcas-tower-of-terror-to-get-guardians-of-the-galaxy-makeover/

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Small World is so crusty .. But it's iconic.

It was like my first trip to Disneyland I remember as we drove down Harbor you could see all the little kids driving those midget cars. It was my favorite ride of the day.

Next time all I could see from the street was new construction . They had completed all the blue channels for the boats on small world. Cars all gone.

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was like my first trip to Disneyland I remember as we drove down Harbor you could see all the little kids driving those midget cars. It was my favorite ride of the day.
Next time all I could see from the street was new construction . They had completed all the blue channels for the boats on small world. Cars all gone.

First time I went there was 1982. I think pretty much all the rides from then have gone now. Except Matterhorn and some fantasyland rides.

rd

#519 7 years ago

They really screwed up Tomorrowland with it's most recent makeover. Back when they first redid it it was awesome. I may be one of the only people that has ridden all three versions of this ride.

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Worst idea ever. Jesus.

WTF, no kidding, that's total BS.

That is great F ing ride.

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF, no kidding, that's total BS.
That is great F ing ride.

I've been to amusement parks all over the world, and ridden most of the great coasters in the world. I'm hard to impress.

IMO Tower of Terror is as good a ride as you'll get, anywhere.

And the best ride in a Disney park by miles.

rd

#522 7 years ago

Tower of Terror is great! I heard the one at Disney World is a slightly different ride than the one out west.

#523 7 years ago

Soon Disneyland will be nothing but Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen.

#524 7 years ago

Glad they priced me out of there already. And I'm not alone. I had my fill.

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad they priced me out of there already. And I'm not alone. I had my fill.

Me too man. Last time I was there, it was like $149 bucks each for a one day, two park pass.

Knotts Berry Farm is $39 on Internet sales. Magic Mountain is like $49.

Mind you, it didn't stop anyone going there. The place was packed on a Wednesday. So who can blame them for cranking in the cash, I guess.

rd

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#526 7 years ago

I remember when that place was closed Mondays and Tuesdays. lol. Up till a few years ago we could get a pretty sweet deal on a So Cal pass which was great while taking the kid now and then. But now it's outrageous, more crowded than ever, and they keep on removing all the cool stuff. Knotts and Magic Mountain for me too.

But from where I live I can still see their fireworks every night, and that's free.

Sorry to over side track this thread, but when you grew up in the shadow of that place it's hard not to.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The new TRON coaster at Disney China is bad assed and 60MPH

shdr-att-tron-lightcycle-power-run-hero-new_(resized).jpgshdr-att-tron-lightcycle-power-run-hero-new_(resized).jpg

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

We all know Led Zeppelin would be the ultimate, but that's a very hard license to secure. Jimmy Page is really hesitant to let it out into the wild very often.

That's would be a crazy pin, but JJP would do a better building it !

#529 7 years ago

I totally hate Aerosmith. One good song, Sweet Emotion, then piles and piles of crap. Talk about a theme that's going to bomb instantly.

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yeah I have seen that and that is what I had in mind for a re-theme of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Exactly. A rethemed TWD would be perfect for that crap band.

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I totally hate Aerosmith. One good song, Sweet Emotion, then piles and piles of crap. Talk about a theme that's going to bomb instantly.

And I totally hate games of thrones and walking dead (the shows). I don't understand how tv show pins can sell anything. Talk about low value pins in 10 years when no one remembers the show.

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If I was heading to China I think I might take my chances on this one.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

And I totally hate games of thrones and walking dead (the shows). I don't understand how tv show pins can sell anything. Talk about low value pins in 10 years when no one remembers the show.

Coming from you that's funny.

#535 7 years ago

You guys have opened a Pandora's Box.

#536 7 years ago

My main worry is that Tyler will want himself all over the game....mick on a stick part 2.

#537 7 years ago

I doubt they will include that song. Or Lord of The Thighs for that matter.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

People are going to line up, watch. Color LCD and Lyman and hand drawn art, all the bitching about the band will fade away.

It's competing with Alien, so selfishly I could wish for it to bomb (not that the audiences really compete theme-wise) but I just don't think it will. Too many things for pinheads to get all hyped up and excited about, and that starts a frenzy. We all know how Pinside gets!

#539 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's competing with Alien, so selfishly I could wish for it to bomb (not that the audiences really compete theme-wise)

Two themes from the 70s competing with each other. A dream come true...

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was heading to China I think I might take my chances on this one.
» YouTube video

Cool ride. And cool vid. "I am moderately terrified right now!"

rd

#541 7 years ago

If game is good with nice art and the best of their music, I will buy one.

#542 7 years ago

As Aurich said, people will still line up for Aerosmith....if it's Dirty Donny art and new display, I don't think they will be screwing this one up. They'll include all the "cool" Aerosmith songs and leave out the ballads. The usual angry mob will go quiet and people will go on to whinge about the next title or playfield issue.

#543 7 years ago

One band that deserves a pin and not on the list (as will not have most sales) is Motorhead. I wish for someone to make one day or NHL pin done right. I know Lemmy always wnated one made from last interviews. At least we got one song in the Mustang pin.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Coming from you that's funny.

My point is not every theme is for everyone. I waited for two years with cash in hand for a nib theme I cared about.

Don't rule spooky out. Maybe Motörhead would get made by them?

#545 7 years ago

Hand drawn artwork is a must, I wouldnt part with my Luci, just wish the playfield had the same artwork That photo shop art Blows, If its done right Im in

2 weeks later
#546 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Worst idea ever. Jesus.
rd

Just an FYI, they are not retheming Tower of Terror in Florida (thank god!) just the one in California, which is not as good as the Florida version.

1 week later
#547 7 years ago

Aerosmith chatter has gone quiet since Batman 66 flyer came out. Is Aerosmith a code name for a Borg/Lyman/Dirty Donny Iron Maiden pin?

Dirty Donny just posted this to Facebook. An old photo of himself wearing a Maiden tshirt. Is he currently working on an Iron Maiden project?

FB_IMG_1473934682653 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1473934682653 (resized).jpg

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Aerosmith chatter has gone quiet since Batman 66 flyer came out. Is Aerosmith a code name for a Borg/Lyman/Dirty Donny Iron Maiden pin?
Dirty Donny just posted this to Facebook. An old photo of himself wearing a Maiden tshirt. Is he currently working on an Iron Maiden project?

I certainly hope so. Aerosmith, I would consider playing. Maiden, I would consider buying.

#549 7 years ago

Just a thought I had. Remember someone stating they heard the code name "toys" and everyone said that must be aerosmith referencing toys in the attic?
With the batman 66 release they mentioned the sle having even more toys on it. Maybe they are referring to the jokers line "where does he get all those wonderful toys" er something like that. Of course I know that line form batman staring Michael Keaton. Not sure if it's a reoccurring thing with the joker.

Just a thought. Not a rumer or backed by anything.

#550 7 years ago

Well hopefully Stern will stop drinking the Kool-Aid with thinking that an LCD screen is special and deserves to have a premium added to their advertised map pricing. I am concerned after the pricing was released for Batman 66. If you think about it a LCD should actually cost less than a DMD. I am happy that they chose a 15" LCD instead of getting rid of backglass art like JJP. I cant stand the size of the LCD on JJP games. Hopefully Stern does not try and gouge potential buyers because they installed a $25 Chinese made LCD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 10.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.