You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 84.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Toy Story may not be a bad theme

Yes it is.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

If all a theme needs to qualify is to have a Disneyland ride based off it first, how long until we get a Song of the South pin?

"It's a Small World" themed pin....... The ultimate nightmare.

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Middle aged men are the biggest demographic for home sales so yes, games are targeted at them. It's why an obsolete band like KISS can sell while a rumored completed Hunger Games pin gets turned into WWE.

Really? They have to be second-guessing that decision while staring at the piles of WWE unsold stock. Is that the only LE that never came close to selling out?

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

love it can't wait to ride it again... took this photo in 2014.. going back in 17'... (hopefully Avatar Land will be done when i return..rumor is Earth Day)

Haha. Took my son on this when he was 6 and it turned him off coasters for life. As soon as we launched, I knew it was a mistake.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really? They have to be second-guessing that decision while staring at the piles of WWE unsold stock. Is that the only LE that never came close to selling out?

Mistake there was making a pin that cost more to buy than the target demo's trailer homes.

#456 7 years ago

When I mentioned they might be doing Aerosmith she was kind of like WTF? I then told her there was a fat chance they would ever make a Suicide Squad, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or any newer theme her or her generation or even I could relate to. So, like me she is content to play the existing games she likes.

DSCN4896_(resized).JPGDSCN4896_(resized).JPG

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I then told her there was a fat chance they would ever make a...Red Hot Chile Peppers,

Is that the South American cover band?

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Mistake there was making a pin that cost more to buy than the target demo's trailer homes.

So wrong, and yet painfully true.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I happen to love Chile Peppers.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I understand they are from So Cal. I think culture wise that area has always been it's own little island. What people like around here doesn't always seem to jive with the mainstream.

Make that "Chili" :

#461 7 years ago

It boils down to price. If pins were cheaper there would be more operators/home owners for the next gen to enjoy. $5000 for a watered down version is just to expensive for most 35-50 year olds let alone 18-35. Stern and the rest are just pricing themselves out of business. I predict the next 10 years continuing the current path, it will be a used only market.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

It boils down to price. If pins were cheaper there would be more operators/home owners for the next gen to enjoy. $5000 for a watered down version is just to expensive for most 35-50 year olds let alone 18-35. Stern and the rest are just pricing themselves out of business. I predict the next 10 years continuing the current path, it will be a used only market.

That does make a lot of sense and not all pinball machines needed all the extras to make them so pricey. It does seem that even though some say more are getting into the hobby now, there may end up being less and less buyers for each higher priced new machine. Throw in another bad economic period, and it could spell the end of it all.

#463 7 years ago

Theme is definitely an issue, but visibility and transparency of rules are, as well. If TZ crapped out on location due to complexity then I can't imagine how most non-pinheads feel approaching something as dense as TWD or Hobbit, even if both games do offer simpler, more basic bash toys for beginner players, and that's if they ever come across one, which is unlikely. Pinheads crab about games like TAF as being too repetitive, but when you're a home owner it's easy to forget that TAF is magical in an arcade where your access is limited. A non-player steps up to TAF and it's instantly inviting and instantly rewarding, and progress happens immediately. It might be good for Stern to produce a more user-friendly game with a more modern theme.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

But with most 90s pins going from 1500-2500 ten years ago to 3000-6000 now most can't afford those either. I think if stern keeps making games like they have been from 2010 newer more high end collectors will want to not deal with 20 plus old machine that's has issues and but new ones. Allowing the 90s games to come down. I personally feel this is happening. Last mgc 3 DM s were priced around 1700 - 1900 and didn't sell. I beleive games made from 1990-2010 have peaked in price and are going down. 80s games are climbing because collectors re realized for how simple (single layered) they are they are really fun, good bang for the buck. I honk a balanced collection is 2/3 80s one EM and a a few 90s on up.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I honk a balanced collection is 2/3 80s one EM and a a few 90s on up.

The way I achieved balance was to get rid of every thing made after 1990. They were all fun while they were here, but none turned out to be keepers. Seems the newer the machine, the shorter it's stay was. Especially the most recent offerings.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I mentioned they might be doing Aerosmith she was kind of like WTF? I then told her there was a fat chance they would ever make a Suicide Squad, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or any newer theme her or her generation or even I could relate to. So, like me she is content to play the existing games she likes.

I don't quite understand what you're even talking about. In past 10 years, Stern has made:
Spiderman off the current movies
Batman
Star Trek
Avengers
Tron
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
POTC
Iron Man
Family Guy
Shrek
Transformers
WWE
Those are all based upon current movies and tv shows, things that kids relate to.

Really the only 'old guy' themes they've done are:
KISS
Metallica
WWE LE
AC/DC
Rolling Stones
Ghostbusters

*they have had some themes that didn't appeal to anyone, like CSI, 24, and WOF, lol

They totally would make a Suicide Squad game if the movie would have been good, superhero movies are one of their staples.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I don't quite understand what you're even talking about. In past 10 years, Stern has made:

I don't expect you to understand or care if anybody does. 90+% of what you list there interests us not at all. Most of it is reboots of reboots anyway. You might like all that crap, but it doesn't mean everybody does.

And remember this is about Aerosmith, a band that hasn't put out a good album since Rocks released in May 1976 when Gerald Ford was still president. Following several other recent has been band themes not to mention the most recent release, a movie from 1984.

We choose not to support it. All we can do is hope it changes for the better soon.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Stern and the rest are just pricing themselves out of business

Agreed, there could be a price adjustment soon, especially with recent quality issues

Quoted from shovelhed:

I predict the next 10 years continuing the current path, it will be a used only market.

I assume you only mean Stern, not the entire market? In the entire history of pinball, I believe pinball has only died once (and that was for a week while Stern re-structured around 2009). I can see Stern possibly taking a huge hit, not sure if they would ever fully close the doors (at the very least, they would keep the manufacturing side open even if they ended up taking a dump on hundreds of playfields for ghosting issues and had to lay off every designer). They would find a way to stay alive in some form.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't expect you to understand or care if anybody does. 90+% of what you list there interests us not at all. Most of it is reboots of reboots anyway. You might like all that crap, but it doesn't mean everybody does.
And remember this is about Aerosmith, a band that hasn't put out a good album since Rocks released in May 1976 when Gerald Ford was still president.

Your opinion. I believe their later albums were awesome. 9 lives, pump, etc. just different Aerosmith music than their original. So they have two genres to appeal to. The old stuff you like and the new stuff 30 somethings grew up on. I saw Aerosmith on their 9 lives tour twice. Plus I have almost all of their albums on record.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

They would find a way to stay alive in some form.

They are already there.

#471 7 years ago

And reboots that's a Hollywood issue. Not up for discussion in a Aerosmith pinball thread.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

So they have two genres to appeal to. The old stuff you like and the new stuff

New stuff? lol. How fast some of you lose track of time.

And as far as the old stuff I like, maybe in the 70s I listened to it almost every day, but now I may break it out once a year. Same reason I wouldn't want it as a pinball machine to look at every day. And my kid sure wouldn't think it's cool.

But I'm tired of giving my negative opinions because it obviously won't change a thing. Thinking my opinion might help this dying industry seems pretty silly now that I think about it.

So, for the few that voted yes in the poll, enjoy your pinball machine whatever they serve you next.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Most of it is reboots of reboots anyway.

Huh?

Spiderman not reboot
Batman reboot
Star Trek reboot
Avengers not reboot
Tron not reboot
Walking Dead not reboot
Game of Thrones not reboot
POTC not reboot
Iron Man not reboot
Family Guy not reboot
Shrek not reboot
Transformers not reboot
WWE not reboot

Only like 2 of above themes were actually reboots of franchises that had previous movies. Tron and Transformers are close, but Tron started where it left off and Transformers never really had a live action movie, just the cartoon thing.

I don't understand what you're all in a huff about, lol. You don't even buy newer games anyways, right? It just seems weird that someone who is almost all EM would even care about the newest Stern game...you haven't cared enough to buy one the past 38 years since EM's went away, what's so bad about Aerosmith that it's brought you into this thread?

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And remember this is about Aerosmith, a band that hasn't put out a good album since Rocks released in May 1976 when Gerald Ford was still president.

Incorrect - Aerosmith has sold many more albums AFTER Rocks, than they did up through Rocks. Their record sales indicate plenty of good albums - they are one of the top selling bands ever at around 160 million albums. Why keep repeating the same negative, ignoring the facts (record sales), opinion? You're right - it is pretty silly.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

You don't even buy newer games anyways, right? It just seems weird that someone who is almost all EM would even care about the newest Stern game...you haven't cared enough to buy one the past 38 years since EM's went away

I'm pretty much done wasting my breath on this subject, but I guess I still need to respond to somebody that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Recent Sterns I have owned are Nascar, TSPP, TronLE, RBION,and METLE and probably one or two I don't care to remember. Would you like me to tell you why they are gone? That would be wasting my breath too I think. So I don't think I will.

Quoted from T7:

Why keep repeating the same negative, ignoring the facts (record sales), opinion?

Record sales have nothing to do with my opinion or do pinball sales. I don't buy shit because people tell me I should or because other people do. It has to be something I like for me to say it is good. And I'm not wasting any more time explaining my opinion to those that think I should have a different one. I know what I like. And that is good enough for me.

However, as far as buying an Aerosmith pinball machine or thinking it's a good idea in the year 2016, I will go with the majority in the poll in this thread on that one. 347 pinsiders say they are out, and I am one of them.

Later dudes!

#476 7 years ago

The "racetrack" in Nascar is super cute, though, the first time I played it I actually took my hands off the flippers for a couple seconds because I was so surprised.

#477 7 years ago

Haven't been on the site in awhile, happy to see though that everything is as it has been for the last 15 years, with people still predicting Stern's demise. If you ever get time, go back and search RGP and read all the naysayers mentioning how Lord of the Rings was cheaply made, and surely Stern was on it's last legs.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Haven't been on the site in awhile, happy to see though that everything is as it has been for the last 15 years, with people still predicting Stern's demise. If you ever get time, go back and search RGP and read all the naysayers mentioning how Lord of the Rings was cheaply made, and surely Stern was on it's last legs.

They were almost right. Stern was very, very close to dead not that many years after LotR. It's been an impressive comeback for Stern, but RGP wasn't on the wrong track way back then.

#479 7 years ago

When talking about a pinball realease an individual's opinion about what albums they like means a lot less than record sales.
About the poll. Ha. Pinside is a overally negative place. I would be surprised if most of the votes are from people that never read a comment. The poll is useless.

Aerosmith.
I always liked listening to the first side of permanent vacation. I'll have to dig that album out of the boxes tonight.

#480 7 years ago

I hooked a buddy up with a EM king pin he always wanted. And also a Jungle lord. At first he lived them both. And I explain JL had a deeper rules and was a challenge to try to conquer. After a few months he sold JL. Wasn't for him. He likes EM. And I get it. DMD games are not for some too.

#481 7 years ago

If you think pinball and rock and roll themes go together, the following list explains what we can expect in the future for music themed pinball machines. Its just economics, barring contractual hurdles Aerosmith and Van Halen should be locks to happen at some point.

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/how-many-metal-bands-made-the-list-of-top-250-best-selling-musicians-of-all-time

#11: AC/DC (72 million) - DONE
#13: The Rolling Stones (66.5 million) - DONE
#14: Aerosmith (66.5 million)
#18: Metallica (62 million) - DONE
#20: Van Halen (56.5 million)
#30: Guns N’ Roses (44.5 million) - DONE
#46: Def Leppard (35 million)
#48: Bon Jovi (34.5 million)
#62: Ozzy Osbourne (28.75 million)
#79: ZZ Top (25 million)
#81: Rush (25 million)
#82: Nirvana (25 million)
#83: Motley Crue (25 million)
#112 Kiss (21 million) - DONE
#119 Linkin Park (20 million)
#147 Korn (16.5 million)
#150 Limp Bizkit (16.5 million)
#168 Black Sabbath (15 million)
#188 YES (13.5 million)
#202 Whitesnake (12.5 million)
#207 Alice In Chains (12.5 million)
#243 Nine Inch Nails (10.5)

#482 7 years ago

Where are the Scorpions in that list??

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Where are the Scorpions in that list??

Wikipedia says Scorpions sold over 100 million, but I don't see them on that list. Maybe because it's a list of US sales only, which makes it kind of worthless? MTV says 22 million records.

Other notables:
Led Zeppelin 111.5 million
Pink Floyd 75 Million
Queen 34.5 Million

I'd probably buy a Zep, Pink Floyd, Queen, or Scorps pin, but Zep will never happen. Too much licensing cost.

#484 7 years ago

Found a list with worldwide ALBUM ONLY sales instead of US only sales of albums and singles (which is more what you'd want for deciding on a pin theme that would be sold worldwide).

3 - Pink Floyd = 193.700.000 (02/2008)
5 - Elvis Presley = 187.000.000 - ALREADY DONE
7 - Queen = 170.100.000 (09/2008)
8 - Rolling Stones = 169.100.000 - ALREADY DONE
10 - Led Zeppelin = 165.500.000 (01/2008)
17 - AC/DC = 133.700.000 (11/2007) - ALREADY DONE
28 - Aerosmith = 113.500.000 (11/2007)
29 - Bon Jovi = 107.200.000 (12/2007)
34 - Metallica - 102.500.000 (01/2008) - ALREADY DONE
35 - Prince = 99.900.000 (02/2008)
37 - David Bowie = 95.700.000 (12/2007)
38 - Van Halen = 94.000.000 (02/2008)
39 - Guns N' Roses = 93.200.000 (12/2007) - ALREADY DONE
57 - Nirvana = 69.400.000 (02/2008)
60 - The Who = 66.200.000 (11/2008)
67 - Def Leppard = 62.500.000 (12/2007)
69 - Meat Loaf = 61.500.000 (01/2008)
70 - Deep Purple = 61.400.000 (11/2008)
72 - Iron Maiden = 59.700.000 (02/2008)
84 - Kiss = 54.500.000 (11/2008) - ALREADY DONE
91 - Black Sabbath = 48.400.000 (11/2008)
95 - Ozzy Osbourne = 46.700.000 (11/2008)
97 - Scorpions = 44.900.000 (11/2008)

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Elvis Presley = 187.000.000 - ALREADY DONE

Yeah but done so poorly, a new Elvis with real music and more stuff from the 70's would be great.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but done so poorly, a new Elvis with real music and more stuff from the 70's would be great.

I'm not saying it was done well, but it was done. The Elvis we got was super-corny. Guns n Roses was also a pretty mediocre effort. They deserve better.

#487 7 years ago

Iron Maiden - Number 72 on the list, but Number 1 in our hearts... up the irons!!

#488 7 years ago

Where are the Eagles and U2 on the list?

a lot of those album sales were from a long time ago but if you look at the top grossing tours over the last 5 years, it is mainly these older rock bands at the top. Still very relevant in my opinion even though they haven't been putting out a ton of new music. The Stones by the way have a new album coming out this fall!

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You want a pin about a fat, bloated Elvis?

No, no...a 50's based Elvis is what people wanted. I've played it a few times. I wouldn't say it was poorly done.

#490 7 years ago

Limp Bizkit

I'm in for sure

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I've played it a few times. I wouldn't say it was poorly done.

Maybe you need to play it a few more times...that will put you over the hump. That game is junk.
EDIT: Unless you just mean the look of it...being all pink and "50s ish" which I guess it is for the most of it.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You want a pin about a fat, bloated Elvis?

What? ok maybe not the final 2 years of his live but early 70's in Vegas, oh yeah, better music for pinball too.

Don't get wrong I love 60's Elvis as well but the music isn't all the great for pinball.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? ok maybe not the final 2 years of his live but early 70's in Vegas, oh yeah, better music for pinball too.
» YouTube video
Don't get wrong I love 60's Elvis as well but the music isn't all the great for pinball.
» YouTube video

Early 60's is my favorite Elvis music.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe you need to play it a few more times...that will put you over the hump. That game is junk.
EDIT: Unless you just mean the look of it...being all pink and "50s ish" which I guess it is for the most of it.

Steve Ritchie doesn't make poor games.

Fact!

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Steve Ritchie doesn't make poor games.
Fact!

Ha, I guess that's a pinside fact.

#496 7 years ago

I'm holding out for the Nickelback pinball machine...........

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Iron Maiden - Number 72 on the list, but Number 1 in our hearts... up the irons!!

If you take out all the acts that wouldn't translate well to pinball, Iron Maiden is easily in the top 20, based on worldwide album sales alone (not singles, videos, touring, which I think would boost them higher).

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you take out all the acts that wouldn't translate well to pinball,

Iron Maiden is easily in the top 20,

Well Stern can't do that; WWE, Mustang

Damn all the way in the top 20? Looks like I have 5-7 years to save up

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well Stern can't do that; WWE, Mustang
Damn all the way in the top 20? Looks like I have 5-7 years to save up

If the rumors are right, you have a year or less. Supposedly IM is already in the works, sometime after Star Wars.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

They have a roller coaster at Disney, I'd say that's still pretty mainstream.

A coaster the Disney fan base always looks to have rethemed every time the ride comes up because they all feel the band is out of place now and stale. Like right now, Guardians of the Galaxy is the IP Disney is looking to shove into the parks.. with a dinosaur of Universe of Energy on the chopping block.. but people quickly turn to Rockin Roller Coaster and say it would be a better retheme over there.

There is no love for Aerosmith there anymore...

And the ride made news because for some reason some tightwad complained about Steven Tyler holding his hand in the shocker pose (but not really calling it out) so they photoshopped him having another finger to hide the pose..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/10?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.