You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #733 First official pictures, press release and feature matrix from Stern. Posted by Gexchange (7 years ago)

Post #762 Link to Stern "Gameplay Video Sneak Peek" on Facebook. Posted by Apollyon (7 years ago)

Post #784 Approximate Street Prices to expect for Aerosmith Pinball Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 84.
#1 8 years ago

If Stern makes a Aerosmith pinball what would you like to see? What songs would you like to see featured? Are you interested?

Aerosmith.jpgAerosmith.jpg

Aerosmith_artwork.pngAerosmith_artwork.png

#2 8 years ago

I am not a huge fan but I grew up listening to their songs and can relate. My wife loves Aerosmith and would want one for our collection.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am not a huge fan but I grew up listening to their songs and can relate. My wife loves Aerosmith and would want one for our collection.
» YouTube video

I guess that's always a good thing to have the wife in on the purchase of a new machine.

For me, it's a dud. I don't hate them. If there music comes on the radio, I don't turn away. I love pinball so I would play one but I have zero interest in ever owning one.

Edit: Unless it's based on their game Revolution X, complete with cheesy sound bites. Then I would be interested.

#4 8 years ago

I'd like to see really unique art for Aerosmith so it doesn't become just another "generic rock pin". Think Black and White art like Centaur (with maybe just pops of bright red). Or give the art for the pin a whole 70's feel (70's pin style art from colors, to style, and what you're drawing) since that's the era that made them iconic. Put whoever did Woah Nellie's art on the job.

If there is an Aerosmith pin in the works, the art will be it's biggest factor when deciding to buy in my opinion.

#5 8 years ago

Dream on best be in there.

#6 8 years ago

I agree I would like to see hand drawn art and not cut and paste. I heard Dirty Donny was working on something for Stern? That would be awesome if Dirty Donny was involved. Also rumors of Led Zeppelin? Is it possible Stern scrapped Aerosmith and is doing Zeppelin?

#7 8 years ago

I'm very new to this hobby.....but I'm already sick of music pins.....OR...(it won't happen)...but a while back we were talking about bands like NIN,Primus...this would be cool.....but to just take the larger than life bands(I get it...they sell).....but......YAWN................Joey

#8 8 years ago

My Mustang rocks out Walk This Way during Cruisin' mode...so yea...I'm all for it.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

I'd like to see really unique art for Aerosmith so it doesn't become just another "generic rock pin". Think Black and White art like Centaur (with maybe just pops of bright red). Or give the art for the pin a whole 70's feel (70's pin style art from colors, to style, and what you're drawing) since that's the era that made them iconic. Put whoever did Woah Nellie's art on the job.
If there is an Aerosmith pin in the works, the art will be it's biggest factor when deciding to buy in my opinion.

Great point. If they wow me with a unique art and gameplay package, it could be very interesting. I feel the same way about Metallica (maybe I like their music a little more) but the pin is awesome.

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm very new to this hobby.....but I'm already sick of music pins.....OR...(it won't happen)...but a while back we were talking about bands like NIN,Primus...this would be cool.....but to just take the larger than life bands(I get it...they sell).....but......YAWN................Joey

+1 for bands with smaller fan bases.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

but to just take the larger than life bands(I get it...they sell).....but......YAWN................Joey

Yea Stern has to go with what would be the most popular for the masses and potential sales. The music of today really pales in comparison to some of the earlier decades. One thing is it probably would be a great earner for operators, especially for bar locations. AC/DC and Metallica seem to do very well.

#11 8 years ago

Aerosmith will be awesome - can't wait. Maybe they'll get Dirty Donnie again

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea Stern has to go with what would be the most popular for the masses and potential sales.

Then only make 150 of em'...........Joey

#13 8 years ago

No. I am so sick of old man rock band games.

#14 8 years ago

I'm not looking forward to the art package, presently.

brad-whitford-by-Svarteson[34562]_(resized).jpgbrad-whitford-by-Svarteson[34562]_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago

Up the Irons!!

Sorry wrong thread.

I'm waiting for IFMLE with lcd.

#16 8 years ago

uff no interest here but I didn't like Metallica nad the game was great.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

uff no interest here but I didn't like Metallica nad the game was great.

I'm surprised you didn't re-theme it into Winger

#18 8 years ago

Winger>Metallica>Iron maiden.

At least Winger knew he was making cock-rock for the ladies singing like a little girl.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Winger>Metallica>Iron maiden.
At least Winger knew he was making cock-rock for the ladies singing like a little girl.

You still have your wall poster?

#20 8 years ago

Another boring old man theme. If it's awesome like AC/DC then sure, I'll play it, but how many rock bands of AARP members do we need modern pinball machines of?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You still have your wall poster?

Right next to my Tron poster.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Another boring old man theme. If it's awesome like AC/DC then sure, I'll play it, but how many rock bands of AARP members do we need modern pinball machines of?

No Lady Gaga for you lol

#23 8 years ago

pink is my fa-vor-ite color, pink is...... Ha ha no thanks!

#24 8 years ago

iron maiden is the next music pin i'm looking for, anything music related between that is helping me save sweet NIB pin money.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

No Lady Gaga for you lol

I don't need pure-modern themes either. Stern is really good about picking themes that appeal to the 70s/80s demographic who buy pinball machines while still having modern relevance (i.e. Tron, Transformers, Spider-Man, Star Trek...).

#26 8 years ago

I would rather see a Red Hot Chili Peppers pin than Aerosmith if another music pin is released. I think their songs would make for a more interesting playfield and options. But maybe that's just me.

#27 8 years ago

This seems doesn't seem like a very good license to me. Have a hard time believing it's for real.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This seems doesn't seem like a very good license to me. Have a hard time believing it's for real.

Yeah I thought it was already sort of outed that is was a fakey?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well let me tell you something brother...

#30 8 years ago

Aerosmith...maybe. I am holding out for this fantastic pin ideajonas_brothers_1191029655_(resized).jpgjonas_brothers_1191029655_(resized).jpg

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Aerosmith...maybe. I am holding out for this fantastic pin ideajonas_brothers_1191029655_(resized).jpg

Me too. That way I'll finally have a "reason" why I'm always hanging around teenage chicas in the arcade.

#32 8 years ago

I'm not buying another music/band themed pin that doesn't have two channel audio. And no, the speaker in the cabinet doesn't count as a second channel. I love my AC/DC but it would be vastly better if I could turn it up to eleven. Does anyone have any intel as to if/when Stern will go to stereo audio?

#33 8 years ago

For me Metallica and ACDC work because it's mostly blasting, adrenaline pumping rock and roll ( except for the couple lame Metallica tunes they put in there) that you're hearing. That's why Maiden would work too.
The Stones, while undeniably a great band, do not rock hard like ACDC and Metallica. Their pin sucked.
Kiss plays rock but not hard and heavy, more glammy. Haven't played KISS but I've heard things.
Aerosmith, especially for the last thirty years, has not rocked much at all in my opinion. More like radio pop that I usually switch away from. For me it's not good pinball playin' music. Plus I think there is way cooler art and imagery to draw from with the heavier bands. I don't really want to look at a photoshopped OR a hand drawn Steven Tyler. Much rather see hand drawn Eddie if we gotta get another music pin.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Does anyone have any intel as to if/when Stern will go to stereo audio?

They already did. KISS is in stereo. Plus a sub channel.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

They already did. KISS is in stereo. Plus a sub channel.

Well, I'm still outraged.

#36 8 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see an Aerosmith pin in progess. The bands members are all card carrying members of the "Relics of Rock", which seems to have enormous appeal over at Stern central. Where 70's/80's rock still reigns supreme.

Please Stern, if you do an Aerosmith pin, NEVER EVER consider doing another AC/DC Angus face thing using Steven Tylers face. Tyler's face could easily be used on poison bottles......sending kids fleeing in tears & horror!

Corrected

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Please Stern, if you do an Aerosmith pin, NEVER EVER consider doing another AC/DC Angus face thing using Steven Perry's face. Perry's face could easily be used on poison bottles......sending kids fleeing in tears & horror!

Gotta sell premiums somehow.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Perry's face could easily be used on poison bottles......sending kids fleeing in tears & horror!

And yet Steven tylers is good enough to sell Skittles to kids? What a F&^%ing world we live in.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

Please Stern, if you do an Aerosmith pin, NEVER EVER consider doing another AC/DC Angus face thing using Steven Perry's face. Perry's face could easily be used on poison bottles......sending kids fleeing in tears & horror!

Why would they put the singer from Journey on an Aerosmith pin?

#40 8 years ago

Steven Perry? Are we talking about Journey?

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

For me Metallica and ACDC work because it's mostly blasting, adrenaline pumping rock and roll ( except for the couple lame Metallica tunes they put in there) that you're hearing. That's why Maiden would work too.
The Stones, while undeniably a great band, do not rock hard like ACDC and Metallica. Their pin sucked.
Kiss plays rock but not hard and heavy, more glammy. Haven't played KISS but I've heard things.
Aerosmith, especially for the last thirty years, has not rocked much at all in my opinion. More like radio pop that I usually switch away from. For me it's not good pinball playin' music. Plus I think there is way cooler art and imagery to draw from with the heavier bands. I don't really want to look at a photoshopped OR a hand drawn Steven Tyler. Much rather see hand drawn Eddie if we gotta get another music pin.

I think you could make a pin if you used songs like:
Walk this way
sweet emotion
big 10 inch
same old song and dance
back in the saddle
mama kin
train keeps a rollin
rag doll
dude looks like a lady
FINE
Living on the Edge

But you're right, mainly songs 20+ years old.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

right on

#43 8 years ago

Aerosmith is a garbage band, so the gameplay would have to be mind-blowingly good for me to care, regardless of art.

#44 8 years ago

I'm a huge fan of their early work and still think it's a crap license/theme for a Pinball game. Walk the other way, please.

#45 8 years ago

Foo fighters. Current. Today's music. Easy decision They sell out arenas

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I don't need pure-modern themes either. Stern is really good about picking themes that appeal to the 70s/80s demographic who buy pinball machines while still having modern relevance (i.e. Tron, Transformers, Spider-Man, Star Trek...).

I hear you, so maybe you are not really into music theme pins either. A lot of people don't like them cause they don't offer progression modes that ties to a theme as movies or original themes would offer. And that's cool. I love them both, long time ball wizard modes you need to save the earth but also love crankin the shit out of a music pin and slamming the ball for one jackpot to another one song at a time.

#47 8 years ago

For the next, next rock theme, I would hope that they could license a record label and do various artists around a genre. Mustang's soundtrack could translate into a rock arena themed pin. You could model it after the Rock Band video game story progression where you start out as a small band (maybe play some early work from a band) and finishing modes earns you fans/money. As you progress through the game you get to more recent work and play bigger venues.

#48 8 years ago

Music is so subjective that its hard to pick one band that appeals to music fans. As a 44 year old I love bands rock/metal/Grunge bands that span the 60's to Present however even within those genre's there are bands I love and ones I can't stand (Love Metallica but I don't listen to Iron Maiden) as well as some of the bands I love, I may love only their earlier music not their later music (Love Metallica up through ...And Justice for all...). I love all Pink Floyd/Hendrix/Doors but have no love for Kiss/ACDC or Aerosmith...

Very Subjective so I can see why Stern would go with bands that had high mutiple album sales and radio play, or popular image (Aerosmith/Kiss/) Vs ones I think are so much better (Soundgarden/Alice in Chains).

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Foo fighters. Current. Today's music. Easy decision They sell out arenas

foo fighters? LOL
might as well be nickleback

#50 8 years ago

We all know Led Zeppelin would be the ultimate, but that's a very hard license to secure. Jimmy Page is really hesitant to let it out into the wild very often.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
$ 199.95
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.