(Topic ID: 143459)

Stern! Add walker bombs to TWD pro please!

By NightTrain

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you think Stern should add walker bombs to TWD pro?”

• Absolutely, it's seems pretty simple and pro owners would love it! Great idea! 91 votes
    69%
  • No. That would detract from premium/LE sales. 11 votes
    8%
  • No. That would make my premium/LE less special. 14 votes
    11%
  • No. It's completely impossible to code that in. Curing AIDS would be an easier task. 16 votes
    12%

(132 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

458552.gif
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 8 years ago

Here's a little advice:
Buy whichever pin you can afford/feel is the best value.
Invite a friend over.
Crack open a beer or order a pizza.
Play some pinball.

Nobody should give a $hit about whether your pin has or does not have, features that someone else's pin has.
Personally, I like the side armour. Doesn't mean you're wrong if you don't. It certainly isn't worth the money, but I like it anyway.

If you're sore at Stern for not including the Walker bombs on the Pro model, tough. You have to pay extra for some features, and apparently Walker bombs is one of those features.
To those complaining that Walker bombs weren't around when they bought their pin:
You still have a great game. Remember that the day that Walker bombs were invented for the Premium, the Pro model also had code upgrade, turning the "meh" game into a fantastic game. You're lucky to have a game that's as good as it is.

The main lesson once again is that it pays to wait for code before buying a pin. If you don't, you're rolling the dice.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I went the same route. Instead of them selling a high profit machine their own silly product lineup deterred me from buying. I get they are trying to make more money but they are doing it in a douchebag manner. Instead the premium and pro differences should not have major gameplay differences. If I was running it all premium upgrades would be optional add ons to a pro that bundled together cost you more separately versus buying a premium. If their goal is set on money they could potentially pull more money out of a customer over time that bought a pro. Le stays the same with limited cosmetics for the collector.
This would please the customer who could test a pro and invest more later. I bet this would please the designers who now have to develop 2 games for 1. Instead Stern will continue to disrupt their customers with a lineup that creates competition among only itself.

To me, this is nonsense. No disrespect intended. I just don't get your way of thinking.
Buy either version. Both models are a blast!
Why worry about what you would do in Gary Sterns' shoes? You have 3 options to choose from.
Pick one.
Play a phenomenal pin.
Enjoy it.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well technically 4 options and the 4th is dont buy any. There is regular feedback from potential buyers that they are taking the 4th option. I dont really care what Stern does but it seems obvious they are missing more sales at current paradigm.

You "4th option" guys who opted not to have fun sure showed Stern!

I'll tell you once more: reconsider with or without Walker bombs. This game rocks.
The problem isn't Stern. It's how the "4th option" guys see things.
Half full or half empty?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-add-walker-bombs-to-twd-pro-please?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.