ernie-fp.jpg
beat a dead horse (starwars).jpg
image-445.jpg
TombstoneEarpHellBaja.jpg
Daredevil_65.jpg
iron_fist.jpg
chulk.jpg
stern-302.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamestencils.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 10 years ago

I'm not sure what the whining about code does really. SO if stern were to actually say something about it what would you expect they would say? Probably 'we're working on it'. So if they actually said the bloody obvious would it change anything? Would it pull a few people here back off the cliff? Or would it simply move them to the next gripe?

Good solid code is the hardest part of a pinball machine that takes the longest time. Over time we see all the manufacturers make changes and adjustments to get it right (although their version of right may not meet up with joe blow on pinside's). I think JJP learned a hard lesson on code difficulty too after years of 'we won't ship an incomplete game' to now working on years to finish the code after release. It's just how modern electronics work, buy your device (or pinball machine in this case) and it's cababilities evolve over time. To what, we don' tknow but they certainly do evolve.

These games are plenty fun out of the box and 99% of players won't care a bit that a mode deep in the game isn't complete or a light doesn't light often enough. hell, I bet most of the people doing the crazy bellyaching about wizard modes not being present can't get to them if the were

#56 10 years ago

First, I would say calling someone out for an individual's perception of incomplete based on a product that historically gets updated and becomes more complete is lacking in judgement. I would further that by pointing out the last 30 years of pinball. Especially newer titles. The code always evolves post release. Always has, always will.

EVERY industry releases products that are functionally incomplete. The iphone was missing major features, the xbox had dozens of feature/bug fix releases, my refrigerator got an update the other day for a filter that wasn't yet implemented, my hue lights in my house had some basic features that were missing added, my car had a navigation fix and features added.

NOTHING is full featured and perfect out of the gate, even products that are damn close still listen to customers and make changes and fixes based on what customers find every day and that's how it should be. People need to find better things to do with their time than worry about stuff like this. If you can't wait for the code update and evolution you know full well is going to happen over time with new things then don't buy in until it's to a level of your liking. If you make that choice to buy early, you know what you are buying and need to settle down and just enjoy it.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Darkslide632:

There is a big, BIG difference between something being complete, but evolving as time goes on, and a product simply being incomplete. If you want to try and fool yourself into believing that Stern has been selling and shipping games with completed code and that the code has just been "evolving", then that is certainly your prerogative. Anyone with a brain can look at some of their recent games (Hello, X-men! I'm looking at you!) and know it was a complete clusterfuck. And if they CONSIDER that complete code, then they have a lot bigger issues than simply shipping games with unfinished code.

So, Xmen received a number of small updates and two major changes to the game in an effort to make it work. People act like that just happened one weekend because people on pinside complained. They missed on the initial code for xmen yes, but that does nothing but validate what i'm saying. Over time, it evolves and they do fix things. It just doesn't happen overnight. Just because people here bellyache doesn't mean it's easy to decide first WHAT the fix is, then HOW to implement it much less how long it takes to code it once you've determine what to do in the first place.

I never said stern was shipping completed code any more than jersey jack is, what I did say is over time they make changes and the games get better or they hit a point that they are considered functionally complete. History backs that statement up. Soon enough ST and MET will get their updates that 'finish' them but guess what, the same cast of characters here will move on to the next reason to complain it's not done. Again, if you're so convinced and adamant the product is incomplete then don't buy it and move on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 60.00
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gamestencils.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-about-to-black-list-me-from-facebook-for-this-post?tu=gamestencils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.