Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ernie-fp.jpg
beat a dead horse (starwars).jpg
image-445.jpg
TombstoneEarpHellBaja.jpg
Daredevil_65.jpg
iron_fist.jpg
chulk.jpg
stern-302.png

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

But it was worth it!

stern-302.png
#2 5 years ago

Glad that you are so proud of yourself for being a troll.

#4 5 years ago

As a newb to Star Trek, whats incomplete about their code?

#5 5 years ago

I loved it!

#6 5 years ago

Good one, Darrell Dumond.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

But it was worth it!

chulk.jpg

#8 5 years ago

It will achieve nothing.

#9 5 years ago

Low class all the way.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

But it was worth it!

Thumbs up for the sheer comic value.

#11 5 years ago

I dont own any stern pins or have an opinion on stern but I do have an opinion on messing with a mans business and denigrating his product in front of other customers to bignote yourself. I'll keep it to myself but its not postive

#12 5 years ago

Trolling the vendors Facebook page is pretty low class. You should be banned.

#13 5 years ago

Exactly. Stern may not be perfect but, when you visit the factory and meet them you see first hand they regular folks like us making a living. Recently they seemed to have proven to be listening to our small pinball community. The bashing gets old. It makes me roll my eyes seeing a grown man making a post like this to other adults. Just seems pretty childish. Sorry.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Low class all the way.

Quoted from markmon:

Trolling the vendors Facebook page is pretty low class. You should be banned.

Low class, maybe.
True? Yup.
Will he get a ban? Probably.
However, if Stern didn't have such a bad track record with code updates...
Don't tell me no one else was thinking the same thing he said.
I'm just warped enough to appreciate a well earned jab here and there. If stern can't take it, they shouldn't have a page for comments.

Quoted from pauloz:

It will achieve nothing.

This I agree with 100%

#15 5 years ago

1) Stern calls us geeks and nerds (namecalling)
2) Pinsider states opinion on what he will or will not spend his hard earned dollars on in a tight economy
3) Pinsiders retort calling him low class

#16 5 years ago

Star Trek has acceptable release code, so in this case! you are a troll. But everyone knows how Stern governs their Facebook? WITH AN IRON FIST!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

2) Pinsider states opinion on what he will or will not spend his hard earned dollars on in a tight economy

This.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

everyone knows how Stern governs their Facebook? WITH AN IRON FIST!

Sterns next release?

iron_fist.jpg

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Sterns next release?

iron_fist.jpg 72 KB

Will be an epic duel with old Darrell D-------> DD!

Daredevil_65.jpg

#20 5 years ago

Well, his comment and one other are down, did you get the ban Darrell?

#21 5 years ago

You guys. Really? His comment was in poor taste and you fricken know it. Get over yourselves with this "I deserve to be heard about my EXPENSIVE hobby problems" crap. The economy talk is pretty lame too. If the economy was so bad you would NOT be in a LUXURY hobby forum in the first place. Just get on with it and be adults already. NEXT.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

You guys. Really? His comment was in poor taste and you fricken know it. Get over yourselves with this "I deserve to be heard about my EXPENSIVE hobby problems" crap. The economy talk is pretty lame too. If the economy was so bad you would NOT be in a LUXURY hobby forum in the first place. Just get on with be adults already. NEXT.

1)Maybe its in poor taste, its arguable to be honest.

2)Im guessing the economy part of your post is directed at me and I am "lame"

3)I guess its just adult to call people low class.

Happy Holidays everyone!

#24 5 years ago

In the worda.of sean connery, You're the man now, dawg.

#25 5 years ago

Welcome to the banned club!
Pinaholic

#26 5 years ago

I'm done with this one.

#27 5 years ago

When Stern makes a commitment to complete code in a timely manner and improves quality, they won't need to concern themselves with such posts.

Step it up.

#28 5 years ago

What do you want for 8k???

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

What do you want for 8k???

At least one nurse who can work in close without getting her tits in my way.

#30 5 years ago

Ya I am done defending them, Stern needs to get their $hi& together and finish these games until then they deserve to be beat up over it and get the message, many different times and many different ways.They have a social media page to promote their product cause we as consumers fund it by buying their games, they want to promote on there then they better be prepared to take the bad as well(which they do and promptly delete), so in the end doesn't really matter but I still ain't giving them a big old rosy pat on the head saying everything is fine cause it isn't and they need to fix it.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

1)Maybe its in poor taste, its arguable to be honest.
2)Im guessing the economy part of your post is directed at me and I am "lame"
3)I guess its just adult to call people low class.
Happy Holidays everyone!

In these parts we say Merry Christmas. Now go on with the chlorophyll!

#32 5 years ago

May be posting that on stern's page was (kind of) legitimate. Bragging about it on Pinside was less.

Then... OP, I understand your frustration with Metallica... I was giving you a thumb down then saw your game list: had to remove it... well, you have motive!!

#33 5 years ago

If you don't want an incomplete game, go get STTNG instead.

#34 5 years ago

I bought a new refrigerator, but the ice machine still isn't functioning...

I bought a new car, it has the cruise control button, but I still can't set my car to go a certain speed...

I bought a new computer, but I still can't access the internet...

They knowingly sell a full-price product that isn't finished (and may, or may not, actually get around to finishing it (date TBD)), but calling them out on it is in bad taste? Really?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

They knowingly sell a full-price product that isn't finished (and may, or may not, actually get around to finishing it (date TBD))

Then why do people knowingly BUY a full-price product that isn't finished?

This isn't the first time its happened, so why are people surprised? Then they go get mad at Stern and yell at them on facebook and get banned, thats not surprising either.

I just don't get it.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Popping that kind of stuff on the company's facebook page is hardly just stating your opinion on how you spend your money. It's trolling.

Quoted from centerflank:

I never called him low class. I called the action of trolling the vendor's web page low class. There's a difference. One is name calling, the other is disapproving an action (not the person).

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Then why do people knowingly BUY a full-price product that isn't finished?

Clearly then it's the guy who bought the game, and not the company who produced it, that's at fault...

Trolling them or not, he's right in calling out their BS business practices. If what he posted is true and/or hits a nerve with the crack PR team they have, Stern should nut up and address the comment head on, instead of hiding behind a wall and deleting his post and banning him from their FB page ("if people can't see it, then obviously it doesn't exist...").

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Popping that kind of stuff on the company's facebook page is hardly just stating your opinion on how you spend your money. It's trolling.

I never called him low class. I called the action of trolling the vendor's web page low class. There's a difference. One is name calling, the other is disapproving an action (not the person).

60% of the time, Markmon is right every time.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Star Trek has acceptable release code, so in this case! you are a troll. But everyone knows how Stern governs their Facebook? WITH AN IRON FIST!

I am sorry.... Cant take this anymore.

The pin is costing 8 thousand f%^king euros here, thats close to 10k usa prints.

And you find it acceptable that complete modes are missing, inserts are not used. Etc etc...

I just cant believe this. Its not like you buy a 60 dollar videogame. You buy something that is close to an average years wage in one of the most rich countries in the world.

It is NOT acceptable!

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Actually Stern did no such thing.

They simply posted a link to their FB page with the title. It wasn't their title, article, or comment.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/living/lifestyles/1023882-469/christmas-is-all-set-for-geeks-and.html

#41 5 years ago

Edit----although posting it to their Facebook page kinda gives the impression they approve of the wording.

Quoted from RobT:

Actually Stern did no such thing.

Well, somebody did, and they are going to pay the piper and hell's coming with me!

TombstoneEarpHellBaja.jpg

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit----although posting it to their Facebook page kinda gives the impression they approve of the wording.

Well, somebody did, and they are going to pay the piper and hell's coming with me!

TombstoneEarpHellBaja.jpg 8 KB

Are you saying that we are *not* nerds and/or geeks?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

60% of the time, Markmon is right every time.

Ok I can't argue with this . Thumbs up.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you saying that we are *not* nerds and/or geeks?

We are all super cool dudes, thats where Ive been going with this the whole time!

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It wasn't their title, article, or comment... They simply posted a link to their FB page with the title.

Endorsed by Stern.

So, you and every pinhead is a geek and a nerd according to them - centerflank was right.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Endorsed by Stern.
So, you and every pinhead is a geek and a nerd according to them - centerflank was right.

Oh noes, the horror!

I'm truly offended. This can not stand! We should start a petition or something.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh noes, the horror!

Nah, keep your post above about how they weren't calling out their customer base; I was just pointing out the problem with your argument.

But it plays into the fact that there is a lot of Stern apologists on here ignoring what's right in front of them (whether it's because they don't see it, refuse to believe they just spent $4k-$8k on a game that will never have full features, or it's the price fluffers that want their next 'big' flip), Stern doesn't give two chits about their consumer base and it's becoming more and more evident with each release. So, the OP still isn't wrong in his 'troll' post on their FB page.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am sorry.... Cant take this anymore.
The pin is costing 8 thousand fucking euros here, thats close to 10k usa prints.
And you find it acceptable that complete modes are missing, inserts are not used. Etc etc...
I just cant believe this. Its not like you buy a 60 dollar videogame. You buy something that is close to an average years wage in one of the most rich countries in the world.
It is NOT acceptable!

I really like this guy ^^^^^^. He always says the sh!t I'm thinking.

#49 5 years ago

Ok, here goes. After a few whisky. You know Stern and their history, you know code is not their top priority. So no one is grabbing your arm and making you buy their games. That is a what the business world is about.

You can walk away from the product the manufacturer is producing and sales will dictate the results. But to go to their site, whether it is internet or snail mail and continually bitch about their business practice and not expect to either be ignored or banned is ludicrous

I have been in the pinball business as an operator and collector since the early 90's and while the games produced have always had revisions, the operators and general public have been able to run the product. Williams had a list of my comments and ideas back then but now on the other side of the fence and running six businesses, there are lots of decisions that have to be made either for the good of the product or the consumer that are never revealed.

If your really disheartened about the quality of what is being offered then don't buy it . Speak with your wallet not your slanted views on their website and then wonder why they drop you off like a hot potato.

I must apologize to all the good fellows and ladies of pinside, but it seems almost every post of late is nothing more than a hijack by another member to vent his views on how businesses should run their companies. Really JJP and when MMR are up and running with a few products behind them then the purists of the game will see the benefits. But lets be real, pinball needs new blood and lots of it to even think about the glory days of the past. With that in mind did we look at layer games and modes with the e.ms of the day. No we just wanted some fun. Lets back off and let the companies battle it out, the end result will be better games and deeper rules. But we need to work on getting more families around the pin table and off the xbox and computers.

I will leave you now to pour another, and to bbq my post.

#50 5 years ago

Just for some context - CitznFish has a Metallica LE. Brotha just wants a finished game like the rest of us Met owners Yeh it won't accomplish anything - but if Stern just said SOMETHING about the code issue in any kind of generic reassuring way, people wouldn't feel so compelled to vent like this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside