(Topic ID: 254807)

Stern 9 Ball - Ball Trough Microswitch Diodes - What value?

By Barakawins1

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by G-P-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9 Ball Diodes (resized).PNG

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the ball trough diodes are on these two ball trough microswitches? I can't read the numbers on mine.

9 Ball Diodes (resized).PNG9 Ball Diodes (resized).PNG
#2 4 years ago

That diode should be a normal 1N4004.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for that info exflexer!

#4 4 years ago

Looks like they can be replaced with 1n4007. Some switch diodes are also 1n4148. Buy a bunch of both to have on hand at all times (they're cheap), these are the two common types used in the switch matrix, lamp matrix, and on coils in the vast majority of machines.

#5 4 years ago

There isn't a need to purposely replace 1n4004s with 1n4007s. They can both be interchanged but on a functional level why would you need a diode rate for 600 more volts at the same amperage? Answer is you dont

#6 4 years ago

No need to go to 1N4007s over 1N4004s. In fact, no need to use 1N4004's there when a 1N4001 would work just fine.
BUT - there are some instances where 1N4007s are desired (e.g. within vids). Since 4007s are the same price as 4004s (and 4001s) - why not just stock 4007s?
Speaking as a parts seller - I say stock both 1N4004s AND 1N4007s! But, realistically, there is no real need to stock 1N4004's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-9-ball-ball-trough-microswitch-diodes-what-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.