DSC05031.JPG
DSC05026.jpg
images.jpg
Camilo Pardo 2.jpg
Camilo Pardo 1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20131110_071101_645.jpg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Boring title, but you can never say never.........if it doesn't sell then they will have to drop the price hahaha no chance

#52 10 years ago

I heard from my brothers cousins sisters former roommate that stern hasn't sold a single mustang yet and the code is unfinished!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

I heard from my brothers cousins sisters former roommate that stern hasn't sold a single mustang yet and the code is unfinished!

That's some grapevine.

#54 10 years ago

I have had my fair share of old mustangs over the years and I just built a 2nd garage to house a couple of classic mustangs. That being said.........I am not going to buy the pin unless it is a challenging pin. Having a pretty car on the backglass and big MUSTANG letters all over the cab is not going to do it for me. For the kind of money they will probably charge, I can get another project pony.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was talking with John at Expo and not sure how it came up but yes, it has a subway. He said something to the effect of "I made it so integral to the design it couldn't be taken out"
Nobody cared about Metallica until they saw the art. Who knows, maybe this'll be the first game with their new system, making it the Hot New Item.
PS: Everyone knows Ford Focus is actually the best Ford, since you can fit a pinball in the wagon.

Ben,

I love that you are now a pinball nut like the rest of us. You can also fit a pin in the ford escape and quite a few in the Transit

#56 10 years ago

I have a highly biased view on cars : I use my car mostly to transport pins.
The rest of the time I am biking, including when it's raining (far too often) or snowing (very rarely)!

So my interest for a car is directly proportional to the number of pins you may put in it.
As - until proved otherwise - a Mustang cannot hold a pin (right?) I will pass on that one

(Well I must confess The Getaway is not a bad pin, so I may change my mind later... never say never!)

#57 10 years ago

Hope there's a v8 engine on the playfield
Kinda like the one in corvette but bigger

Not a fan on the latest mustang

image.jpgimage.jpg

but the classic ford mustangs are a beauty
image.jpgimage.jpg

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

PS: Everyone knows Ford Focus is actually the best Ford, since you can fit a pinball in the wagon.

So true

#59 10 years ago

What if you had to hit a shot to buy your first fixer upper mustang then by hitting other shots you collect parts for the mustang, once the car is built then you race and every missed shot post target etc. your car gets damaged and you have to replace the parts. 10,000 thousand by x-mas. Lol

#60 10 years ago

I'm not excited about it.... and I'm glad this place is not filled with a lovefest for it, since no info has been given yet.

#61 10 years ago

I am just not interested in this release. Im a big Mustang fan, but excitement for this pin is just not there.

Also, since this is the last pin from Stern with the old system, I rather hold onto the funds for Sterns first new release with the new system and LCD.

#62 10 years ago

I heard it will have a "Stang" projector............

#63 10 years ago

The new mustang does actually project a pony onto the ground.... Would be easy enough to do with a pinball cabinet....

images.jpgimages.jpg
#64 10 years ago

Being a Mustang owner, I'm excited about it. The designer and artist announced for this pin seem to indicate a slightly different direction than what we've seen lately. I'm hopeful we will have original art, and an original design (well, at least maybe not the standard fan layout). That being said, I'm still not going to plunk down any $$'s until I've had a chance to play it.

What's that? You want to see another pic of my daily driver? Well.....ok.

DSC05026.jpgDSC05026.jpg
#65 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They announced this title earlier than normal with no information. I don't expect much talk about it until we get the real game announcement.

The Stern announcement was made early in order to coincide with the worldwide intro of the 2015 Mustang.

Quoted from 85vett:

What's to talk about? All we know is the theme. We don't know anything about the potential game play, art work or even who is working on the pin.

The game's designer is John Trudeau who has designed dozens of games over the years, including The Machine: Bride of PinBot, Black Rose, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd and Congo (among others). Creature was my first pin and is still one of my favorites, so I take that as a good sign. And according to the press release Trudeau has the entire Sony music catalog to chose hits from various decades to tie to various generations of Mustangs in the game.

Quoted from 85vett:

I'm a firm believer that you should only buy a pin after you know how it will look and play. Anything other than that is just plain silly as you are spending good money on something you know nothing about.

As much as I agree with this (and, like you, I also own three Mustangs plus my wife's 2013 GT), if there is an LE model that features Shelbys and SVT Cobras I may have to pre-order and take a chance on gameplay.

Quoted from Roostking:

I bet it will just be photoshopped pics. Boring.

Stern has hired freelance artist Camilo Pardo to do the artwork for the Mustang pin. Pardo previously worked in design for Ford for 24 years. Among his works is the design of the Ford GT40 Concept that led to the production Ford GT model. Pardo should certainly know how to draw Ford automobiles.

Camilo Pardo 1.jpgCamilo Pardo 1.jpg
Camilo Pardo 2.jpgCamilo Pardo 2.jpg

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The new mustang does actually project a pony onto the ground.... Would be easy enough to do with a pinball cabinet....

images.jpg 7 KB

Yep......I guess I need to take a pic of my 2013 GT at night
Its definitely a cool feature that can be seen at night.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'm not a car guy at all.
I really enjoy every other car game that is out there. Hell, I'm one of the biggest fans of Viper Night Drivin' that there is (all three of us fans of it). I'm really curious to see what it looks like.
Just wish there was more to see

really? You think Nascar is worth a shit?

#68 10 years ago

Car pins are cool. With great art, rules, toys and layout, what's not to like?

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Stern has hired freelance artist Camilo Pardo to do the artwork for the Mustang pin. Pardo previously worked in design for Ford for 24 years. Among his works is the design of the Ford GT40 Concept that led to the production Ford GT model. Pardo should certainly know how to draw Ford automobiles.

This guys work certainly looks great in those examples, I think if it looks anything like these it will be awesome artwork worthy of a mirrored backglass, add Shelby and quality toys its 2/3's there.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The type of car. :p

#71 10 years ago

I think if they would have done just a "muscle car" theme, then it would appeal to more then just a ford mustang fan(which I'm not). You could have incorporated both old and modern muscle as well to appeal to different generations.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bet it will just be photoshopped pics. Boring.

I bet it will have incomplete code. Annoying.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

I think if they would have done just a "muscle car" theme,

Sure, that would be great - but the licensing issues would kill it. There's no way Chevy, Ford or Dodge would agree to have their cars alongside the others.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

What's that? You want to see another pic of my daily driver? Well.....ok.

C'mon man. That's the same pic as you posted before. How about one from the other side of the cab.. What are you hiding over there, door-handle wear?

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

incomplete code that may or may not be finished isn't that cool imo.

#76 10 years ago

Incomplete code in a new release is a given these days no matter who makes it. Just have to get used to it.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Incomplete code in a new release is a given these days no matter who makes it. Just have to get used to it.

bend over and take it is the wrong approach for me but who am i to judge? touch those toes!

#78 10 years ago

I'll get excited after the rules/code is complete...

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just have to get used to it by not rushing out and buying it sight unseen. Anything else is just aiding and abetting you being robbed of your money by buying a crap product.

Its your money, but come on. After a point even the spendiest folks have to have a limit to the amount of times they let a company take a dump on them?

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Just have to get used to it by not rushing out and buying it sight unseen. Anything else is just aiding and abetting you being robbed of your money by buying a crap product.
Its your money, but come on. After a point even the spendiest folks have to have a limit to the amount of times they let a company take a dump on them?

BC, no location given, no games listed yet you have some very harsh words.

I know we are talking about the Mustang pin but I wouldn't go as far as to say my Star Trek Pro is a piece of "crap" and that I was "robbed" or that the company took a "dump" on me just because the code isn't finished. It's a beautiful game and the build quality is wonderful, it's just that the code is not all it could be at this time, the Mustang pin will probably be the same. In time the code will get there.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Incomplete code that remains incomplete months and years after a release is unacceptable.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

BC, no location given, no games listed yet you have some very harsh words.
I know we are talking about the Mustang pin but I wouldn't go as far as to say my Star Trek Pro is a piece of "crap" and that I was "robbed" or that the company took a "dump" on me just because the code isn't finished. It's a beautiful game and the build quality is wonderful, it's just that the code is not all it could be at this time, the Mustang pin will probably be the same. In time the code will get there.

I am a curmudgeonly international man of mystery

If you have a problem with me let's meet at the bike rack. The one behind the library, not in front of the school obviously.

edit:
And I rate current Star Trek code as "functional", not OMG its awesome and complete and strategic and has an appreciable amount of depth!

Its "okay" in the truest sense of the word, and may get better with some tweaks, ASSuming the tweaks get done before we all die.

Metallica and X-men have been horrible, others less so upon release. And I am not a Stern HATER extrordinaire... I own LoTR, WPT, and Iron Man along with a bunch of other games for what little that is worth.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

C'mon man. That's the same pic as you posted before. How about one from the other side of the cab.. What are you hiding over there, door-handle wear?

No cab damage here. But I can't say as much about my previous ride.

DSC05031.JPGDSC05031.JPG IMG_0355.JPGIMG_0355.JPG
#84 10 years ago

I'm excited about the theme but done with Stern's games due to their lack of completed code and absolutely rediculous LE pricing. 002.JPG002.JPG

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

bend over and take it is the wrong approach for me but who am i to judge? touch those toes!

I'm already loosening up the hamstrings!

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Incomplete code that remains incomplete months and years after a release is unacceptable.

Yes it is. It should never get to that point I will grant you.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am a curmudgeonly international man of mystery
If you have a problem with me let's meet at the bike rack. The one behind the library, not in front of the school obviously.
edit:
And I rate current Star Trek code as "functional", not OMG its awesome and complete and strategic and has an appreciable amount of depth!
Its "okay" in the truest sense of the word, and may get better with some tweaks, ASSuming the tweaks get done before we all die.
Metallica and X-men have been horrible, others less so upon release. And I am not a Stern HATER extrordinaire... I own LoTR, WPT, and Iron Man along with a bunch of other games for what little that is worth.

OK I'll meet you there...I'll bring the smoke.

I rate it as "functional and getting better".

Very nice line-up you have, it says a lot.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm already loosening up the hamstrings!

you sir are part of the problem buying nib sterns is like feeding the bears, never feed the bears.

#89 10 years ago

I like the theme a lot.
I liked The Rolling Stones theme a lot.

I will be paying attention to see what the art and gameplay turn out to be like. Way too soon to tell yet.

#90 10 years ago

With titles like this ? I see more remakes on the horizon!

IMG_20131110_071101_645.jpgIMG_20131110_071101_645.jpg
#91 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

No cab damage here. But I can't say as much about my previous ride.

Well, that's going to happen from time to time. At least it looks like it wasn't too serious.
I like the rims on the current one, they look good up close.

#92 10 years ago

Please make sure to get your LE orders in before any real info comes out. It makes complaining about software not being done after it ships WAAAY better!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Please make sure to get your LE orders in before any real info comes out. It makes complaining about software not being done after it ships WAAAY better!

WAAAY ahead of you buddy, I have already CANCELLLLLLED my pre pre-order due to no official gameplay video

Post edited by lol_implied : the right reason

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Looks like from the lack of talk and topics most could care less about it. Seems like it will be a slow moving title for Stern. I myself could care less unless after it comes out it has phenomenal gameplay.
What say you?

Unless you have a crystal ball... we don't know how well it shall move...

#95 10 years ago

Mustang could be...

Getaway meets Congo...
or
Corvette meets Judge Dredd (minus the wide-body factor)

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I'm excited about the theme but done with Stern's games due to their lack of completed code and absolutely rediculous LE pricing.

Hey, your red GT500 vert matches my red GT500 coupe! You say you're "done" with Stern games, but if the new Mustang pin features a red Shelby with black stripes on the backglass I think we'll both be tempted.

#97 10 years ago

I stand by my other posting here. This new pin should have a 1965 Mustang, a 2015 Mustang, and the Ford Logo. These 3 images will be the major art work features.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Hey, your red GT500 vert matches my red GT500 coupe! You say you're "done" with Stern games, but if the new Mustang pin features a red Shelby with black stripes on the backglass I think we'll both be tempted.

Thats funny. They only made like 512 red GT500 Shelbys in the vert and if they match the game color to our cars my wife and son might demand that I buy it! I would need a MustangLE with the same last numbers in the vin though. You have good taste in cars, and red is the fastest color. But you and I already knew that.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I stand by my other posting here. This new pin should have a 1965 Mustang, a 2015 Mustang, and the Ford Logo. These 3 images will be the major art work features.

I'd go with that but which 65...Coupe, Fastback or Convertable?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-50th-mustang-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.