New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 132124)

STERN 4TH OF JULY CODE EXPLOSION! Metallica, TWD, WNBJM Updates!

By Jared

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

code.png
survey-stern-pinball-code-order.jpg
old-cannon.jpg
whoagary-620x264.jpg
what.jpeg
20150702_201248.jpg
Met_164_file.jpg
hulk-cries.gif
stern_code_explosion.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

@twd

no more bonus at end of ball !?

#102 5 years ago

What do you mean RipleYYY? In previous 1.24 The only reason NOT to get a bonus is if you haven't killed a walker. Otherwise you get the pile up bonus count.

#103 5 years ago

yes David, was back with more infos, and my son said : was surelly due to the "killed", as now get bonus working but its 300M scored and ... 4 killed only

is it working well for you !?

well, lets wait more feedback from others (and again, to us, we're only testing the ROM on VP)

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

reste cool David
and +1 with Aurich... almost my son is happy : my hi-scores are gone, he can now (try to) put his name - lol

haha, i than let him put his name on the "genuine" pin, told him OK boy, its not for long, and with 1 single game, score 358M (while already 227M at FWTBL, risquy, but so good when playing to complete it, and collecting it in X2)

i love that shit !

#105 5 years ago

I'm cool with releasing 3. It makes a bigger impact and they only need to make the announcement on their site and social channels once. No big deal.

#106 5 years ago

Just in case anyone needs a tutorial on how to install an update:

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Any of the upgrades have any negative impacts on Colordmds?
Specifically Metallica????

There are a few screens that are not colored now. The Combo high score and some of the config menu screen are the ones that stood out to me.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm cool with releasing 3. It makes a bigger impact and they only need to make the announcement on their site and social channels once. No big deal.

As a MET owner, the game had been "mature" for some time, so holding back a small update for a big release announcement is ok by me.

I'd feel different if it were a game with much earlier code with glaring parts missing.

It could also be a case where the Pro had its update first and put on the line, and the Premium/LE code was updated to match it during these last few weeks.

#109 5 years ago

Never in 1,000,000 years.
Why I sold mine fall 2013. Despite that I like the pin alot, I saw the neglect coming.

Stern has to support ALL the products they make - even the ones that do not sell 10,000 copies.
That's what a good company does!

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes. You can actually do it with as little as "Backhand right ramp -> piston target".
And yes, I can backhand the right ramp. =\

Yep. Fairly easy to do if cradling. Once in the while if it doesn't get up the ramp it'll drain on me.

I think there's a new flying eyeball animation for AJFA round too.

#111 5 years ago

Well here are the poll results for code update order. Thought it would also be relevant here. The people voted.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well here are the poll results for code update order. Thought it would also be relevant here. The people voted.

I agree 100% with those results. Maybe switch Xmen with other, but other then that they are spot on!

#113 5 years ago

Loving the new update on TWD.
Flashers are more active in the prison
Arena mode is cool now and can be ended at the Woodbury shot.
Topper seems to be more active and flashy.
TWD keeps getting better and better.

I haven't even gotten to update Metallica yet.

Great job Stern! Keep the updates coming.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Quick question, for those that have a ColorDMD in their Stern, did you need that clear pinbits portion so you can attach it? According to ColorDMD, you need that part (which I find ridiculous as much as I love Pinbits stuff).

The MET LED PRO and other new Sterns with angled metal speaker panels ship with a red shield. This needs to be replaced with a clear shield for use with the ColorDMD.

The original run of MET and older Sterns with wood speaker panels shipped with a clear shield and do not require any additional parts for installation.

#115 5 years ago

Just updated it without issues.
Looks to be a good update and indeed lots of added flasher effects. Bonus count is normal as it should be ripleyyy. Like the mode changes and woodburry items.

Still think weapons are way too easy to get on default settings! Really hope something gets added then to qualify the weapons from flashing to solid through multikills.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There are a few screens that are not colored now. The Combo high score and some of the config menu screen are the ones that stood out to me.

Looks like I will use the colourdmd update as an excuse not to erase my high scores

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Bonus count is normal as it should be ripleyyy

ok noticed

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

So you should be a happy chappy now?!
Your crusade is producing results, no?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes. You can actually do it with as little as "Backhand right ramp -> piston target".
And yes, I can backhand the right ramp. =\

Yep. As soon as you can't backhand the right ramp it means it's time for a cleaning and waxing again.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

So you should be a happy chappy now?!
Your crusade is producing results, no?

I'm happy we are getting more updates. From a personal stand point I would believe that "where's thecode" did make an impact. No matter how small. I really think Stern got the message from the home market. True test will be the next release and its code rollout.

#121 5 years ago

Happy 4th to all my American friends!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yep. As soon as you can't backhand the right ramp it means it's time for a cleaning and waxing again.

Are you guys talking about backhanding the right ramp from a trap? On my Met premium that has never worked.

#123 5 years ago

Has anyone with a colordmd loaded the latest Met Prem software? Any issues?

#124 5 years ago

I'm trying to update the KISS code, but when I plug the stick in, this is all that comes up. Anyone know what it means?

code.png

#125 5 years ago

Murica. Speaking of Fireworks, when will you finish the code to ACDC?

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I'm trying to update the KISS code, but when I plug the stick in, this is all that comes up. Anyone know what it means?

code.png

In your other thread you said you had boot up issues. After seeing your video I would give Stern a call on Monday and your distributor.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Are you guys talking about backhanding the right ramp from a trap? On my Met premium that has never worked.

Yes. I can do it repeatedly as long as the game is clean and waxed.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Murica. Speaking of Fireworks, when will you finish the code to ACDC?

If you're not satisfied with Acdc code then you can't be satisfied with any game code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside