View topic image gallery

flipper4 (resized).png
flipper1 (resized).png
flipper2 (resized).png
flipper3 (resized).png
stflip (resized).jpg
20170220_140714 (resized).jpg
20170220_112248 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TBatti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I can't figure out what to do with my ST LE. My 3rd right flipper stays stuck up.

1. Replaced Coil Stop
2. Replaced sleeve
3. Replaced plunger

Turning game off the flipper stays stuck up.
I tried spacing and I've pushed it as far down as it can go to the play field and can still fit credit card underneath easily.

I went to this thread but nothing is working. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-sticking-stern-acdc#post-1291857

Any thoughts on what to do out there?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your plunger assembly - when out of the game does it move freely ? Not binding the plunger/plastic link/pawl areas where it hooks together ?
If you pull the flipper straight up ( not back and forth ) can you pull it up an 1/8th of an inch or so ?
LTG : )

it is very free flowing the plastic part of the plunger moves and wiggles. I've tried tightening and loosening it as well.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your plunger assembly - when out of the game does it move freely ? Not binding the plunger/plastic link/pawl areas where it hooks together ?
If you pull the flipper straight up ( not back and forth ) can you pull it up an 1/8th of an inch or so ?

currently I can not move the flipper straight up an 1/8 of an inch.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

currently I can not move the flipper straight up an 1/8 of an inch.

I just made a gap so I could move it up and down and it still stays stuck up.

#6 7 years ago

I noticed when i move the plunger by hand really slow to engage it it it gets stuck sometimes like magnet is holding it in place as well.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try a new plunger assembly.

I can't quite see what that part actually is (assembly)? When I search it looks like nothing I have? I did replace the plunger?

#10 7 years ago

I noticed in the ST manual the spring washers are on plunger side. All of the spring washers on mine are on the coil stop side???? What is wrong the factory install or the manual??

Edit. Didn't matter I switched spring to other side no difference

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1512
If yours is different, could you post a picture of it ?

20170220_112248 (resized).jpg20170220_112248 (resized).jpg

20170220_140714 (resized).jpg20170220_140714 (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have an upside down left handed one on yours. That white plastic is likely hooking the bolts holding the playfield bushing to the flipper base plate.
On this flipper mech, you don't need that white plastic piece that is riveted on, it opens the EOS switch on your lower left flipper. So if it is that, that is catching, I'd remove it, leave the metal piece holding the return spring.

The left piece of white plastic doesn't touch anything when it moves. I almost got excited that was the issue.

Not sure how you mean I have left handed backwards what, sorry?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Archer600:

Also check your coil stop. I have had the bushing disintegrate in the coil stops causing the flipper to stick up. With the playfield up and flipper stuck, just press the circle on the coil stop and see if it releases the flipper.

It's brand new though. replaced it because I thought that was the reason? I'll check.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wrong plunger assembley. It is a left side one upside down on a right flipper mech.
Compare to your lower flipper mechs.

This is from factory I'm not sure what exactly I would do here? Sorry lost by what you think I need to do on that part?

This is crazy it's just a flipper and I replaced everything and it won't work.

#22 7 years ago

The wires aren't in the way when I put it together . The plastic is NOT touching the bushing screws there is clearance there.

#30 7 years ago

Not the assembly just the plunger. I have everything packed away now. I will have to open it up in the morning. I honestly ready to take a sledgehammer to it. I haven't played it forever and can't fix it. I am just a beginner though

#34 7 years ago

The flipper bat is straight.

The button isn't the issue as the 3rd flipper is the only one stuck up.

I am playing with the coil brackets on each side and nothing is working. The flipper moves by hand and returns as does when I engage it from under the PF with the machine off. It doesn't return as quickly as the other flippers but still does.

Any other thoughts?

10 months later
#39 6 years ago

Yes it was resolved. Proper Stern spring as PBL sent the wrong one which was weaker and secondly it needed to be wrenched down every so slightly for alignment issue. Likely 1/32 of an inch or so did it but it was hard to move prior to tightening. May have been rubbing every so slightly making the issue was a bloody weak spring and minor alignment. Took 3 people to finally make it work and realize the 2 issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TBatti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-3rd-flipper-sticking?tu=TBatti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.