(Topic ID: 166270)

Stern 30th Party at Viper Alley - Who's going?

By ViolinSteve

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mike_M
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Attending the Stern Party at Viper Alley?”

• Hell yes I'm going! 29 votes
      45%
    • No thanks, I'd rather stay at Expo. 20 votes
      31%
    • I hate parties and people. I just want pinball. 15 votes
      23%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20161021-160724 (resized).png
    FB_IMG_1476478930704 (resized).jpg
    20161021_155357 (resized).jpg
    20161014_221824 (resized).jpg
    20161014_210541 (resized).jpg
    Hope you aint got a wonder twin (resized).jpg
    thuh whiyou (resized).png
    gary_cake.jpg
    stern (resized).jpg
    vip_(resized).jpg
    whiplash_(resized).JPG
    MagicRandy_(resized).jpg
    Turbos_Daddy_gettin_ready_to_keel_you_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    SternParty_(resized).jpg
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago

Anybody have tickets for sale? I'm at expo.

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from seb951:

Anybody have tickets for sale? I'm at expo.

Just show up to the party. I'm sure there will be a ton of scalpers just outside the doors ....

#103 7 years ago

Which entertainer is not going to make it to Stern's party? I heard Stern announced that someone couldn't make it at today's factory tour but couldn't hear who it was.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

i also am assuming for my ticket fee that damn monkey is going to lick its butt and then give Jared a big ole smooch for us

Rumor is mindy the monkey wont be there.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Wait? Whos bringing the weed?-Jeff

#106 7 years ago

I have 4 tickets for the stern epic party Text 630-440-5190. $40 each. I will be at Expo for Batman meet and greet at 3p.m.

#107 7 years ago

Waste of money.

#108 7 years ago

Yup, I spent 30min there and then left. Gave away my wristband to a friend in line and the best decision I made was catching an Uber back to the Expo.

Got back to Expo with ample time to actually play pinball and get a decent meal from JJP for free. Time was much better spent at expo.

Still pissed there was no Mindy the monkey. That was actually #2 reason I went to the "epic" (not epic) party. Figured I would be able to actually play some pinball, hang out with a monkey, and if there was enough pinball to hold my interest then stick around for the Ed robertson show. This party was the biggest fail of Expo.

I hope Stern has a stern talking with whomever the PR gurus are that put this together.

#109 7 years ago

Was quite fun, only complaint is I wish there were more machines set up to play.

20161014_210541 (resized).jpg20161014_210541 (resized).jpg

20161014_221824 (resized).jpg20161014_221824 (resized).jpg

#110 7 years ago

Man that sucks for you guys that paid and went to the party. To me, from reading other posts, it sounds like Stern wanted to have their own little "praise Gary" party and found a way to get it paid for. I'll never trust Jared's use of the word EPIC again.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Got back to Expo pinball and get a decent meal from JJP for free. Time was much better spent at expo.

& I'll bet the Pizza was way better there than that cardboard they sold @ the Viper

#112 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

I'll never trust Jared's use of the word EPIC again.

I should have known after his failed attempt at making a viral video about BBQ sauce that this party was going to suck. Not sure who is worse, him or Jody.

#113 7 years ago

I unfortunately agree with this and so did everyone I was with. A celebration for the 30th anniversary of a pinball company that was basically devoid of all pinball makes no sense. No appetizers, no drinks, not even a drink token for your $35+ admission. The event was just bizarre. We were all expecting a pinball celebration. If I wanted to watch a woman swallow coat hangers and balloons, I'm sure I could pull up a Youtube video for that. We left early and found some real Chicago deep dish pizza and headed back to the hotel.

The most memorable part of the night was during Eugene Jarvis' roast of Gary when he said to the crowd, "How many of you suckers in here dropped $15k on a f#cking attract mode!?!?" The look on Gary and Joe's faces when he said that was priceless.

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

& I'll bet the Pizza was way better there than that cardboard they sold @ the Viper

yeah, I am not a deep dish guy normally, but the JJP free pizza was superb!

Also, was nice to finally get the joke about "Deep Dive" was actually in reference to the great deap dish za.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

The most memorable part of the night was during Eugene Jarvis' roast of Gary when he said to the crowd, "How many of you suckers in here dropped $15k on a f#cking attract mode!?!?" The look on Gary and Joe's faces when he said that was priceless.

Gary and Jody probably had the club bouncers kick his ass out for that one. BANNED!

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I thought he started out pretty funny, but he went on for way too long about Gary's boat.

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Still pissed there was no Mindy the monkey.

Mindy died a couple days before.

LTG : )

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mindy died a couple days before.

she didn't miss anything

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Still pissed there was no Mindy the monkey. That was actually #2 reason I went to the "epic" (not epic) party. Figured I would be able to actually play some pinball, hang out with a monkey, and if there was enough pinball to hold my interest then stick around for the Ed robertson show.

no monkey was the reason that I skipped the party altogether and gave my ticket away. yep, gave it away. I figure I only lost a portion of the money paid for the ticket, because a) the pizza from the JJP seminar was very good (and free!), I got to chat with ed robertson during the show (really nice guy) and kick back and relax back at the hotel. also, waiting in a line 100+ people deep for an autograph from ernie hudson is not my idea of a great time

in my opinion, after skipping it but hearing what others had to say, I kind of felt like it was more a "stern is throwing a 30th anniversary party for gary (but you, the customers and fans of stern will be the ones footing the bill). I think that they kind of pulled a fast one making the event with a cash food and drink bar. that initial flyer made it sound like food and drink were included

#120 7 years ago

she didn't miss anything

Sad but true. I rarely laugh out loud when reading Pinside but this was one of the funniest posts I ever read.

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

in my opinion, after skipping it but hearing what others had to say, I kind of felt like it was more a "stern is throwing a 30th anniversary party for gary (but you, the customers and fans of stern will be the ones footing the bill). I think that they kind of pulled a fast one making the event with a cash food and drink bar. that initial flyer made it sound like food and drink were included

I enjoyed it, but this is accurate. It was a celebration of Stern, not a thank you to past or future customers. They owe me nothing, so I was able to enjoy the party for what it was. Even with giving away my second ticket. There are however, plenty of pinheads that have spent $5,000+ on Stern products. If I were in that situation, perhaps my expectations for the party would have been different.

#123 7 years ago

the line to meet Ed was never more than about 20 people and he was such a nice guy!

party was great I enjoyed it

#124 7 years ago

20161021_155357 (resized).jpg20161021_155357 (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago

Mindy isn't dead. She has her own Facebook page. It was her trainer/owner "dad" that died.

From her Facebook page.

FB_IMG_1476478930704 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476478930704 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20161021-160724 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161021-160724 (resized).png

#126 7 years ago

she didn't miss anything

Best. Post. Ever.

Still pissed about paying for Gary's private party. Tried to get a refund on tilt.com; no response.

I really enjoyed to factory tour; this party left me with the complete opposite feeling towards Stern.

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-30th-party-at-viper-alley-whos-going/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.