Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doublejaws (resized).JPG
    lee (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    g (resized).jpg
    tee (resized).jpg
    IMG_0960 (resized).JPG
    31D72BBD-7043-45FB-9AFA-D8938799FA68 (resized).png

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

They had to make an alternate soundtrack for bksor because it was to heavy for most. I liked slayer back in the day, but agree.

I think its great music for pinball but their audience is too small for the type of numbers Stern looks for.

It would be an immediate pass for most of the pinball market.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I’ve been on a list with a distributor for probably close to a year for LoTR Vault so there is definitely interest.

Ive heard its already in the works (like coming soon) but Ill believe it when I see it.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I think its great music for pinball but their audience is too small for the type of numbers Stern looks for.
    It would be an immediate pass for most of the pinball market.

While we’re talking about it... this is the shirt I’m wearing today ha!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #104 3 years ago

I've got to admit I'm a bit shocked that this many people are unaware of Rush. I honestly had no idea they weren't as well known outside the U.S.

#105 3 years ago

I wish I were unaware of rush but no such luck.

Not my cup of tea.

(Except for Working Man)

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I've got to admit I'm a bit shocked that this many people are unaware of Rush. I honestly had no idea they weren't as well known outside the U.S.

Absolutely crazy. I thought they were joking at first!

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I like Rush and think it would be great music for pinball... I also think its another niche band that wont get done (at least by Stern or JJP)

If you look at the history they go with the bands that have done 100 million + on album sales. This is a small club.

For rock music you are more likely to get U2 or maybe Queen or Pink Floyd.

I think they should do a new pin for the Stones that doesnt suck ass. Original one was a dumpster fire.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wish I were unaware of rush but no such luck.
    Not my cup of tea.
    (Except for Working Man)

...well they are known as the "thinking man's" metal band.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

...well they are known as the "thinking man's" metal band.

Lol yeah brilliant stuff.

I like that song about the red car.

And all the Fountainhead stuff really
    Makes you think! (About putting on some Guess Who instead)

#110 3 years ago

I like Rush and think it would be great music for pinball... I also think its another niche band that wont get done (at least by Stern or JJP)
    If you look at the history they go with the bands that have done 100 million + on album sales. This is a small club.
    For rock music you are more likely to get U2 or maybe Queen or Pink Floyd.
    I think they should do a new pin for the Stones that doesnt suck ass. Original one was a dumpster fire.

You can’t just look at the record sales. Rolling Stones & Aerosmith are “bigger” & more mainstream, but that didn’t translate to pinball sales. You have to look at fan base passion & demographic. Rush fans are the exact people who would buy a pinball machine of their favorite band.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

MERRY RUSHMAS!!!

That made Christmas!! Thank you!

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You can’t just look at the record sales.

Why not? its obvious they do.

Look at the bands they have done.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I'd repeat that i have never heard these songs but the Rush fanbois will have a fit and down vote me again

Yeah, I don't get the down votes. There are a lot of modern pop stars that you might be able to name that I have no clue about.

Rush is my dream theme (unless they would make a Kansas pin but that will never happen). I think it would sell well to the pinball demographic. Huge band in the 70s and 80s and continued to sell out arenas up until the drummer had health issues. Their music had a lot of sci-fi and fantasy themes. The 2112 album would be an obvious choice.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Yeah, I don't get the down votes.

A downvote can merely mean “it makes me sad that someone exists in the same time & space as Rush, yet hasn’t experienced the joy that I have.”

#115 3 years ago

Jaws
    BTTF
    Bond

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Yeah, I don't get the down votes. There are a lot of modern pop stars that you might be able to name that I have no clue about.
    Rush is my dream theme (unless they would make a Kansas pin but that will never happen). I think it would sell well to the pinball demographic. Huge band in the 70s and 80s and continued to sell out arenas up until the drummer had health issues. Their music had a lot of sci-fi and fantasy themes. The 2112 album would be an obvious choice.

Downvotes are from the way he comes across. Saying feel free to downvote invites it.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think if a LOTRs vault is made it’ll be a significant revamp (similar to SM) with new artwork and possibly even the LCD display. Wouldn’t that be incredible? It would sell like hot cakes too....

I've been over the advantages of bringing LotR forward to Spike before, and yes, Gomez is on the right track by redoing it. Color screen, stereo sound with sub support, LED RGB lighting, native shaker support, non-dotty, hi-res cabinet and playfield art, more reliable flippers, $2000 topper - it's all upside and it will print money, especially with the Amazon series renewing interest.

Also, since there were not "levels" of pins when LotR was released, Stern could technically vault LotR with both a Premium AND an LE, since there were no LEs at the original release (not counting the JJP special hidden penis run that came later). Biggest Spike LE run ever at 1,000?

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I've been over the advantages of bringing LotR forward to Spike before, and yes, Gomez is on the right track by redoing it. Color screen, native shaker support, non-dotty, hi-res cabinet and playfield art, more reliable flippers - it's all upside and it will print money, especially with the Amazon series renewing interest.

And improved sound quality. That game could really do with improved sound. Yep, it’ll absolutely print money. It would make a heck of a good Christmas 2021 release given all the movies were released during Christmas and it’ll be the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

it’ll be the 20th anniversary of the 1st movie.

Holy shit!

#120 3 years ago

For LOTR I always thought the license was an issue... but with the Amazon show coming up I doubt thats the case.

Not sure if they would have to re-skin it or not but yah like allot of others it would be my rare commit to buy it as soon as its announced machine.

Cant think if a single other theme or game I would do that for.

I just hope its not one of those "the pin" stripped down things.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That reflects more on you than it does us

#122 3 years ago

Please be Queen - my wife would then agree to another NIB....

#123 3 years ago

For LOTR I always thought the license was an issue... but with the Amazon show coming up I doubt thats the case.

The Amazon show is a different thing. If they want to relicense the movies & use footage/voices on the LCD - they’ll most likely have to renegotiate with the entire cast.

#124 3 years ago

Any chance Dune ever gets made? I think it would be a fantastic pin theme. Seems like there would be a lot of design potential. The new movie comes out soon...

#125 3 years ago

Not sure if they would have to re-skin it or not but yah like allot of others it would be my rare commit to buy it as soon as its announced machine.
    Cant think if a single other theme or game I would do that for.
    I just hope its not one of those "the pin" stripped down things.

It's definitely Gomez's top 3 designs, if not the best, and is a proven pin - they're not going to home pin it, the design is already done. People love the game, despite all the limitations of the whitestar release. Fixing all those limitations, the adding color screen, LED RGB lighting, stereo sound and all the other improvements will add up to Stern's biggest vault release ever, by several multiples.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Any chance Dune ever gets made? I think it would be a fantastic pin theme. Seems like there would be a lot of design potential. The new movie comes out soon...

Not soon anymore. Warner pulled it back from HBOMAX same day streaming and it's now theatrical only again for...October 2021 - tentatively, I.E. DEAD.

#127 3 years ago

THAT is an insult to dumpster fires.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from Daditude:

Yes, we are not joking.

The only Rush we know is our very own Geoffrey (aka Pirates of the Caribbean movies). And that pin has already been done.

With the greatest respect to both the band and fans of the band, a Rush pin will not sell well in Australia (and most of Europe), which is a significant market for Stern. Most pinball enthusiasts Down Under will not buy one to add to the home collection. Most operators won't put a Pro pin on location that has the branding of a band that no one has ever heard of. It wouldn't matter for them who the designer is. So, assuming the speculation in this thread about Stern planning a Rush pin is based on fact, either Stern is confident that the North American market will soak up all the LEs (and Premiums and Pros) that would usually go overseas, or Stern hasn't done their market research properly.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#129 3 years ago

Likely:
    Queen
    Gozilla
    Jaws

Not happening:
    BTTF
    SOA
    Rush

#130 3 years ago

Rush had a decent drummer. Can’t deny it. Maybe a top 10 drummer of all time. Probably top 20 easily. Odd that his name is pronounced the same as the shampoo though.

But having a decent drummer doesn’t get you a pinball machine. Yes, they made machines for the number one drummer of all time. The other machines with the top 10 drummers were NOT just because of the drummer though. AC/DC has a big fan base and kept up the quality for years. People have heard of the band. Iron Maiden wasn’t just because of the drummer. The singer is also a pilot so there was crossover appeal there.

(Trolling Rush fans is as old as time itself. Neil was probably the best ever and from everything I have read a really decent guy)

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Video game crossovers always flop in pinball.
    Terrible idea. Maybe deep root will do it for you.

Any evidence on what you are saying?

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshPA:

Rush had a decent drummer. Can’t deny it. Maybe a top 10 drummer of all time. Probably top 20 easily. Odd that his name is pronounced the same as the shampoo though.
    But having a decent drummer doesn’t get you a pinball machine. Yes, they made machines for the number one drummer of all time. The other machines with the top 10 drummers were NOT just because of the drummer though. AC/DC has a big fan base and kept up the quality for years. People have heard of the band. Iron Maiden wasn’t just because of the drummer. The singer is also a pilot so there was crossover appeal there.
    (Trolling Rush fans is as old as time itself. Neil was probably the best ever and from everything I have read a really decent guy)

lee (resized).JPGlee (resized).JPG
    #133 3 years ago

All in on Jaws! For 2021
    Shoot it in the sharks mouth, incorporate a shaker motor, could have a great soundtrack with humor. Could be a great pin if done right

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

All in on Jaws! For 2021
    Shoot it in the sharks mouth, incorporate a shaker motor, could have a great soundtrack with humor. Could be a great pin if done right

LMAO stranger things retheme. Shark instead of monster, the UV stuff is blue for water instead of purple. Boom. Stern email me and I'll send you the info where you can pay me my money.

#135 3 years ago

#137 3 years ago

Maybe it's Double Jaws.

doublejaws (resized).JPGdoublejaws (resized).JPG
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-2021-cornerstones-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.