Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

doublejaws (resized).JPG
    lee (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    g (resized).jpg
    tee (resized).jpg
    IMG_0960 (resized).JPG
    31D72BBD-7043-45FB-9AFA-D8938799FA68 (resized).png

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

What an amazing year 2020 was for "Pinball Titles" ( Avengers, TMNT, Led Zeppelin ). What are your guess that the 2021 Cornerstone games will be and who is doing them?

My guesses:
    1. Rush (Borg with Dirty Donny)
    2. Godzilla (New designer with Johnny Crap)
    3. Jaws (Elwin with Yeti)

Have a little fun and Happy Holidays

#2 3 years ago

Isn’t Brian Eddy up next?

#3 3 years ago

My guess:

Godzilla - Brian eddy
    Back to the Future - Elwin
    Mandelorian - Borg

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Isn’t Brian Eddy up next?

Is he a full time designer for Stern now? I thought he was just doing the one offs with them and was not staff. I’m out of the loop though.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is he a full time designer for Stern now? I thought he was just doing the one offs with them and was not staff. I’m out of the loop though.

When he was on the FNO stream, Brian made it sound like he was only going to get to design another game for Stern if Stranger Things did well. And I think it's safe to say that for the most part Stranger Things neither sold well nor was well-received by the vast majority of pinheads.

So I'd be pleasantly surprised if he got another game. That being said, I'd love to see what Brian would do with another game, especially one that didn't have so much of it's BOM tied to a projector.

#7 3 years ago

I know Stern acquired the license, but I doubt Godzilla ever gets made (by Stern any way).

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know Stern acquired the license, but I doubt Godzilla ever gets made (by Stern any way).

The movies keep flopping. Makes it hard to do a game.

I hear K.Elwin is assigned to Rush, and that's all that matters for me.
    That will be my first, last, and only LE NIB: No Q asked.

#9 3 years ago

Same.. bring it Keith!!

Quoted from ejg10532626:

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

Same!! Bring it on Keith

#11 3 years ago

Same. bring it on Keith!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dwight confirmed on pinside a couple days ago they are making Godzilla.

#13 3 years ago
    31D72BBD-7043-45FB-9AFA-D8938799FA68 (resized).png31D72BBD-7043-45FB-9AFA-D8938799FA68 (resized).png
    #14 3 years ago

What is a 'Rush?
    Seriously, never heard of this band, movie, motorcycle club

EDIT
    I am serious, I have never heard of this band
    I am not a fan of G'n'R or Led Zepplin, but I have heard of them and know a few of their songs

To those who have given me a down vote, #########

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

What is a 'Rush?

Band. Look it up.

#16 3 years ago

If it's not Japanese Godzilla theme, I'm out. No one cares about Americanized Godzilla.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Band. Look it up.

If i have to look it up then it probably won't be a big seller

Looked them up
    Nup, still nothing
    Looked them up on YouTube, never heard them

Maybe they never charted outside North America?

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Band. Look it up.

A band? Never heard of them. And here I was, thinking the predictions on this thread were for a pin using the 2013 movie theme Rush (Formula 1 car racing).

A pin based on Rush the band won't sell well in Stern's major overseas market Down Under. But a Queen pin would! Here's hoping for 2022 ...

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

A band? Never heard of them. And here I was, thinking the predictions on this thread were for a pin using the 2013 movie theme Rush (Formula 1 car racing).
    A pin based on Rush the band won't sell well in Stern's major overseas market Down Under. But a Queen pin would! Here's hoping for 2022 ...

I agree, whats up with Rush? I'm from Europe, listen to almost every genre, and ive only heard of Rush.
    How big/well known are they and what iconic stuff do they have to make a nice band pin?

Cant name a song from them

#20 3 years ago

Wow, never realized Rush were nobodies outside of North America, consider yourselves lucky my foreign friends!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

If it's not Japanese Godzilla theme, I'm out. No one cares about Americanized Godzilla.

American Godzilla is a bit heavier....

#22 3 years ago

How about Welk ? Maybe you guys know Welk vs knowing the band Rush.

#23 3 years ago

Jaws
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Grateful Dead

Not necessarily in that order.

LTG : )

#24 3 years ago

I would looovvveee a soa pin.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I would looovvveee a soa pin.

I'm ready.

IMG_0960 (resized).JPGIMG_0960 (resized).JPG
    #26 3 years ago

What is a 'Rush?
    EDIT
    I am serious, I have never heard of this band
    I am not a fan of G'n'R or Led Zepplin, but I have heard of them and know a few of their songs
    To those who have given me a down vote, #########

Top five drummer of all time.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Jaws
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Grateful Dead

I’d love Grateful Dead and hate Sons of Anarchy as a game.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Wow, never realized Rush were nobodies outside of North America, consider yourselves lucky my foreign friends!

They are known. They sold out in multiple cities across the world on a few of their last tours.

#29 3 years ago

I'm a huge Rush fan (waited overnight at Brendan Byrne Arena in NJ to buy tickets to the Moving Pictures tour...remember those days?). But this Rush rumor just surfaced from one person floating it out there last week. Where do we have anything stronger than that? I think it would be great, but I'm not buying that it's true.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm a huge Rush fan (waited overnight at Brendan Byrne Arena in NJ to buy tickets to the Moving Pictures tour...remember those days?). But this Rush rumor just surfaced from one person floating it out there last week. Where do we have anything stronger than that? I think it would be great, but I'm not buying that it's true.

Pretty sure that was Ben Heck who said Stern has the Rush license.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Top five drummer of all time.

I think he is the very best.

#32 3 years ago

I had never heard of them until college and my roommate loved them. So I got to hear all their songs. I still don't get the love, but oh well. Their drummer was great for sure. I was more of a Kansas person.

#33 3 years ago

Since this is all speculation I hope it's ok to drop a couple of Gen X wish list items.

Tron Vault Edition: Re-themed to Tron 1982, Quora » Yori, Gem » Ram, Music might be the new Daft that was just released or there's a handful of Outrun musicians on Soundcloud who would jump at the chance to spin something up with the iconic theme, rules made a little deeper to keep up with the times. This approach would keep the current owners of Tron "whole" but still allow a new run of Tron pins to be released on The Spike system. For art, I like Grzegorz Domaradzki as I think vector-based artwork is a *must* to stay within the tone of the Trom universe. This artist has a lot of experience with theatrical based themes.

Beastie Boys: Make your way through the five boroughs; mini wizard mode is when you make it to Brooklyn ("No Sleep Till Brooklyn" plays). Playfield graphics show a subway (ramps) map that helps you navigate the city. Paul's Boutique is a scoop for mode activation and mystery awards, There's a Brass Monkey bash toy that plays those record scratches from the intro each time you hit it (starts Brass Monkey Multiball), "Intergalactic" video mode, Mini playfield has two small versions of the Beatles spinning record—it's Mix Master Mike's DJ coffin where you can scratch records possibly the functionality is similar to the Twilight Zone, goals are attached to MCA (pops), Ad-Rock (drops), Mike D (ramps), after those three goals are attained you get Sabotage Multiball—a musical intro that would rival Addams Family for best Multiball intro of all time. Collecting all 8 albums (completed modes) gets you to a final Discography Wizard Mode. Bonus points for an MCA tribute Buddhist Chant Mode where you simply run the ramps to keep the chants going. Michael "Mike D" Diamond and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz do the callouts. For art, I'd like to see Tristan Eaton. He's a street artist and I think spray can art as a medium fits with the hip-hop vibe. With that said straight down the middle graffiti art, can read a little retro—which in my experience from selling movies does not perform well. Tristan's art is vibrant and modern but still has its roots based in graffiti.
    g (resized).jpgg (resized).jpgtee (resized).jpgtee (resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago

Beastie Boys, now that would be very interesting.. I could see that making some great waves in the non pinball community as much as within. Question, is Stern willing??

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

I agree, whats up with Rush? I'm from Europe, listen to almost every genre, and ive only heard of Rush.
    How big/well known are they and what iconic stuff do they have to make a nice band pin?
    Cant name a song from them

I find it hard to believe you haven’t heard these songs, even by accident:

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Beastie Boys, now that would be very interesting.. I could see that making some great waves in the nonpinball community as much as within. Question, is Stern willing??

I've heard people want a Wu-Tang pinball but I think Beastie Boys have a much broader appeal—even in middle America. "Licensed to Ill" was a monster seller, spending 73 weeks on the Billboard 200 and selling nine million copies in the U.S. All told, the group claimed six top 10 albums, with four of those reaching No. 1. Also, I think I've demonstrated that there's solid theme integration. For the first hip-hop game, I think this is the best choice. It's just a dream but who knows.

#37 3 years ago

Well so far if you guys are anywhere close to being right my $ is safely stacked in my wallet for 2021, at least as far as Stern is concerned. Be interested to see what they do with Godzilla, esp. if Elwin is involved, though his last two licensed games left a lot to be desired in the theme integration category.

Rush with DD art could be cool (doubt that would happen), probably not a buyer for me though.

#38 3 years ago

Black Sabbath will be made so day, so why not next year gets my vote. Of course I also wish for a Motörhead pin maybe in X amount of years in the future when we can order a game with any design.

#39 3 years ago

At what point does licensing become so expensive and too much of a pain that you just start making parodies of the licenses like they did back in the day? I'm over band pins, and typically licenses are seriously too limited in many respects restricting creativity. Not in all cases but...

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I'm over band pins

So am I. (Unless it rocks!)

Seriously I own a few band pins I’d have never sought out. But the play of them was too good not to buy them. AC/DC was because I liked the speed of the Pro, but hated “The Face”. I bought the Vault Pro as soon as I saw the new artwork, and love the game. MET was meh, but then Lyman polished the crap out of it through iterations of code and it became a blast. Aerosmith was strictly fate because a friend owned it, and I really enjoyed playing it at his house. So when he sold it, another friend who bought it sold it to me because he knew I missed it.

All that to say, even though Jaws is an AWESOME theme for me, I’ll wait until I see the play and the rules. Aerosmith is the only Spike game that has stayed over my objections to the platform, so Jaws will have to be at least that much fun to find a home at my house.

#41 3 years ago

If Rush is in the works Elwin must get it. Still need time to digest LZ before really thinking on next music pin.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

At what point does licensing become so expensive and too much of a pain that you just start making parodies of the licenses like they did back in the day? I'm over band pins, and typically licenses are seriously too limited in many respects restricting creativity. Not in all cases but...

Seems like this is the deeproot model . . .

I agree in theory as it's amazing how many great earlier pins had sort of nonsense themes, but I think it's a tough sell now. Maybe because home buyers are so important now?

Themes are weird -- there is no theme that would make me pay 6K for a mediocre pin, but there are themes that could prevent me from spending 6K on a great pin. I'm more comfortable with my former position making sense than the latter.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I find it hard to believe you haven’t heard these songs, even by accident:

I'd repeat that i have never heard these songs but the Rush fanbois will have a fit and down vote me again

#44 3 years ago

I'm in agreement with ya PopBumperPete on Rush "The Band" making a poor choice as a pinball theme as a whole. I hear a song from them pop up on SiriusXm and I cycle the channel. Just can't get into them like most of the older groups.

Gave your posts a thumbs up.

#45 3 years ago

I'd repeat that i have never heard these songs but the Rush fanbois will have a fit and down vote me again

We get it. Your exposure to high quality music is limited. Fine. Maybe playing the pin someday will introduce you to a truly fantastic band, like it has for so many who were previously ignorant to Iron Maiden's greatness!

#46 3 years ago

Honestly, while I know that as musicians they are great, I never could stand his voice, and I like Dream Theater. I can understand lots of people would like a Rush pin though.

#47 3 years ago

Rush is the most amazing band to ever walk this earth. If you don’t know who they are wake up and get educated. Their progressive style fits pinball better than any band imaginable. Again if you don’t know, you better ask somebody and crawl out of your shell.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Honestly, while I know that as musicians they are great, I never could stand his voice, and I like Dream Theater. I can understand lots of people would like a Rush pin though.

Absolutely the worst lead singer ever. High pitched and whiny sounding.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Jaws
    Sons Of Anarchy
    Grateful Dead

Would love to see a JJP Eric M version of Jaws... a Stern version would be completely hit or miss. It would either be something awesome like Stern JP, or something lifeless like LZ.

#50 3 years ago

I really don’t understand why there isn’t more chatter for a slayer pin? Would fit so well imo. There’s already a mobile game. Also stern has posted/trolled us about slayer before. For me it would be a sight unseen buy like Metallica was.

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-2021-cornerstones- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.