Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

201503_SW_targets.jpg

#1 5 years ago

What is the best approach to replacing standup targets in my Seawitch?
I'm going to be attempting my first CQ restore, and I'd like everything to be "new" or "like new"
-mof

1. clean/repaint/mylar these?
2. buy white and blue decal/mylar?
3. buy white and self-paint/mylar?
4. buy NOS somewhere?
5. other ideas?

thanks,
-mof

201503_SW_targets.jpg

1 week later
#2 5 years ago

My Nine Ball has this same star pattern on the drops...
-mof

#3 5 years ago

PBR does't have these? I've got a seawitch in my restore queue too, so this is certainly something I'd like to find out as well.

If they aren't available, I might be tempted to get plain white targets, create a mask, and paint the blue myself. Then wax the target and cover the face with mylar.

Or, you could print out the star as a decal and trim it out from the paper.

#4 5 years ago

Well to be precise mof, the Nine Ball targets are rectangular and are drop targets, but those stars seem to be the same. Mines need to be restored as well, and I'm also wondering what's the best course of action.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from aKa:

Well to be precise mof, the Nine Ball targets are rectangular and are drop targets, but those stars seem to be the same. Mines need to be restored as well, and I'm also wondering what's the best course of action.

Oh yeah, I got that mixed up.
-mof

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Oh yeah, I got that mixed up.
-mof

But you own the machine mof, and you just started the Nine Ball owners club ! Those drop targets are the main attraction of the machine !

I'll keep that under my sleeve to tease you later.

2 months later
#7 5 years ago

anyone have success with this?

1 month later
#8 5 years ago

I mentioned these to steve young @ PBR and he is going to do a special run for me. I'm not sure how many he was planning on making (since I believe that seawitch is the only game that uses this particular style of stand-up target), however if, in fact, he is planning on hot stamping just a few, I'll try and get 40 or so done so that people here can pick them up as well.

#9 5 years ago

I'd like a set, please.

#10 5 years ago

I would be in for a set too. Thanks.

#11 5 years ago

dibs on a set please

#12 5 years ago

i would also be in for a set

#14 5 years ago

I'd suggest you guys contact PBR directly to express your interest to let them know how large of a run they should do, since it looks like it's beyond the estimate of 40 already.

#15 5 years ago

I'd like a set as well. I'd also like that lane flap if someone knows who has them.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I'd like a set as well. I'd also like that lane flap if someone knows who has them.

someone talked about sending one to cliff to get him to reproduce them, but I never saw any follow up on that.

#17 5 years ago

I need a set.

#18 5 years ago

The guy that bought my Galaxy could use a blue one, a black one, and a yellow one. Probably a few other games with the same issue.

#19 5 years ago

given that I appear to have taken on the role as the "poster child" for all things seawitch, I've gone and contacted mr. cliff rinear about getting the spring steel flap re-made

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

given that I appear to have taken on the role as the "poster child" for all things seawitch, I've gone and contacted mr. cliff rinear about getting the spring steel flap re-made

Do we know for sure that Steve Young will not make more? Was he just unloading old inventory?
-mof

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

If it comes to working with Cliffy, I'll drive my new flap part over from Steve Young so he can scan it.
-mof

#22 5 years ago

I bought a bunch of these sometime back at a show. Can't remember where but the person had bin's of them. Need to see if I can find them. I really did not want to mess with drilling rivet and repress.

#23 5 years ago

i contacted cliff and was sending him the flap to remake for someone on pinide. but that person got one from pbr so they told me not to send it in. i know cliffy will make them if needed.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've gone and contacted mr. cliff rinear about getting the spring steel flap re-made

I would like to see if it can be remade with a slightly stiffer spring steel, so you could theoretically make the upper orbit multiple times.

#25 5 years ago

These are now available from PBR

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page.

#26 5 years ago

thanks for the update ForceFlow. kind of odd that I never received an email from steve or jimmy on this

in semi-related news:
for those of you needing replacement wire forms for the in lanes, this part is the same exact length. you just need to gently bend it into the proper shape.

http://www.pbresource.com/special/stn-6a-220.jpg
Stern Right Ball Guide Rail
6A-220 STN-6A220 $5.00

found about 1/5th the way down on the specials page
http://www.pbresource.com/special.html

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

thanks for the update ForceFlow. kind of odd that I never received an email from steve or jimmy on this

They were just added to the website this morning.

#28 5 years ago

I received an email from PBR about 15 mins after placing an email order with them for the stand-up target faces

#29 5 years ago

received my stand-up target faces today. steve & co. did a really nice job reproducing these for us

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside