Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ValleyGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ValleyGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi
Just got a flight 2000, had a quick look, fixed a couple broken wires, machine in decent shape, the previous owner had done a lot of work but could not get the game running. This is my first solid state so I am pretty much a newbie.
When I turn machine on the lights work and that's all, I press the self test and some of the numbers appear and flash and don't stop? how long do you hold the self test button for, how long does the test run?

Thanks

#3 9 years ago

The old battery came in a parts bag, I tested it and no volts. Would a phone battery work? what volts?

Thanks

#6 9 years ago

Thanks, I noticed 2 wires broke on the cable from Mpu to audio card, going to try and replace as well as the battery and then going to reboot, could be a bit until get the parts, in the mean time going to keep checking wires and contacts.. do some cleaning.

Paul

#8 9 years ago

I am back to the battery issue, I have read that this battery does not have to be installed, I don't care about keeping high scores, Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for all the info, I will check back when I get the above looked at

Paul

#13 9 years ago

I picked up a phone battery, Ni-Cd rechargeable battery 3.6 volts 320mAh, wondering if this would work?

Thanks

1 week later
#14 9 years ago

anyone have any comments?

Thanks

#16 9 years ago

I wired back both ways, one way worked one did not.
The problem was the newer relay was not sitting correct causing the latch not to engage I adjusted and is working. Going to go from here.
Still not sure why relay says 3 when wired 10 when not?
Paul

#17 9 years ago

sorry about the above post.. wrong

Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 10.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 125.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ValleyGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-1980-flight-2000?tu=ValleyGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.