(Topic ID: 187083)

Stern 16b-3 vs. 16b-6 What's the difference?

By brenna98

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 transformers?
I'm using a Stern Magic as a donor for a Stargazer build and I need to know if the 16b-3 will work fine for this.

#3 2 years ago

I don't have the specs, but have heard it works, but MPU-200 games don't play right with the 16B-3. I have a spare 16B-3, I should try it in one of my 200's sometime and see what it does.

#4 2 years ago

It would be great to know if the 16B-3 works with mpu-200.
I know I can buy a -6, but I would rather not if I don't need to.

#6 2 years ago

They both have the same output voltages as far as I can tell from the schematics.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

They both have the same output voltages as far as I can tell from the schematics.

Yeah I imagine the difference is their current capabilities.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yeah I imagine the difference is their current capabilities.

Only the F4 fuse value seems to vary. On some games it's 5A, on others it's 7A. I'm not sure what the pattern is since it doesn't seem to matter which transformer or which game (MPU-100/200) gets a 5A or a 7A fuse.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Only the F4 fuse value seems to vary. On some games it's 5A, on others it's 7A. I'm not sure what the pattern is since it doesn't seem to matter which transformer or which game (MPU-100/200) gets a 5A or a 7A fuse.

Games with more than 2 flippers maybe?

#10 2 years ago

ok. Good enough for me. I'll use my -3.
Thanks!!

1 year later
#11 6 months ago
Quoted from brenna98:

ok. Good enough for me. I'll use my -3.
Thanks!!

Any update on this? Did the -3 work with the 200 MPU?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside