3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shlockdoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Per email from STERN "For a limited time, use code "FALL10" at checkout to take 10% off your purchase and save! Hurry, this offer only valid 10/9-10/12 2015."

#3 3 years ago

Awesome I just bought two shaker motors for $112.50 each and the Rolling Stones Playfield.

#4 3 years ago

Saw the sale on their FB page. Kiss topper ordered!

1 week later
    #5 3 years ago

Hey Jared - how about one more weekend of 10%

#6 3 years ago

The Fall Sale was definately nice. I ended up ordering 2 shakers myself on the first day of the sale .
    Only problem is I still havnt received any information on when they are expected to ship , even though they still charged my credit card for the full amount 2 weeks ago.
    Called Stern and was told by a nice lady who answered the phone that she has no idea when they will ship because they have none available right now.
    She also said she doesnt know why the advertising dept. ran this sale when there are no shakers to ship out .

Has anyone received there order yet from Stern's Fall Sale?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Hey Jared - how about one more weekend of 10%

There may be a Black Friday sale. Stay tuned.

#8 3 years ago

FYI: A friend and I ordered 4 Kiss toppers... 4 boxes showed up... charged for shipping 4 times. Not cool.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from S3G:

She also said she doesnt know why the advertising dept. ran this sale when there are no shakers to ship out .
    Has anyone received there order yet from Stern's Fall Sale?

I ordered 3 shaker motors during the 10% off sale and when I placed my order they showed 14 in stock and 11 in stock after my order went through. I still haven't received them. I sent an email and I was told the same thing that they didn't have any in stock and that they were waiting on parts to build them. By the way when did Stern lower their price on their shaker motors? Didn't they cost like $189 before? I hope these aren't knock offs, but the true Stern shakers.

#10 3 years ago

Ordered 1 shaker on the first day, received it late last week.

#11 3 years ago

When I placed my order it showed 16 in stock.

I was also told that they build the shakers right at Stern. Perhaps Gary decided to include shakers in all the GOT LE's afterall and thats why theres a shortage of shakers now.

1 week later
    #12 3 years ago

Anyone get their shakers yet?

#13 3 years ago

Nope.. Still waiting on the two I ordered.

#14 3 years ago

I called yesterday and was told by a very nice lady that the shakers were back ordered and that it will be two or three weeks before they are in.

#15 3 years ago

I tried to order one, said it was out of stock, emailed to see if they would honor the price when they came in... Never got a response.

#16 3 years ago

I ordered two shakers and haven't received them yet, I called 11/3 and was told they were shipping that day. I am usually overnight from Chicago so I will see if they show up.

#17 3 years ago

I ordered 3 shakers like I posted earlier. I got an email shipping conformation yesterday and they should arrive tomorrow 11/5/15.

#18 3 years ago

Just got my shipping notification. Estimated delivery Monday!
    Yay!

#19 3 years ago

Just received my shipping notification too!! Suppose to be arriving Tuesday.. Happy days are here again!

#20 3 years ago

Still waiting...

#21 3 years ago

I got my 3 shakers yesterday! I will be installing one of them tonight in my Star Trek Pro.

#22 3 years ago

My two shakers made it here on the the 5th, got them both installed.

Install into TWD went without a hitch but the ST I had to use the extra wire harness to tie into ground up in the head. I couldn't get it to work for nothing, tried swapping parts back and fourth and it ended up being the wire harness that ties into the head for the ground was bad. Good thing TWD didn't need this harness so I just grabbed the one from that kit and used it.

#23 3 years ago

Ok, I don't know if I'm just expecting too much here. But I just got a response from Stern regarding the Spike shaker motor I ordered on Oct 10. Was just told that it will be available on Nov 27. Almost a full 7 weeks after order. I had to email twice before I received the response. Can't say I'm too impressed with Stern's customer service.

#24 3 years ago

Stern has never truly been in the parts/accessories business, and there seems to be a history of them not being speedy when they send stuff out.

If you really want a shaker, they are $125 Pinball Life, including Revision C units for SPIKE...and chances are, you would have received them within a few days after ordering. That's where I order shakers from, at least.

-Mark

#25 3 years ago

I ordered several tee shirts just to be told they took all stock to the expo and they would be in stock in 2 weeks. Well here we are still waiting and nothing. I sent a email and nobody responded. Sorry but this is Bs just saying. If I ordered and paid before expo then why in the hell did you take all the stock with you to resale it there.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

Stern has never truly been in the parts/accessories business, and there seems to be a history of them not being speedy when they send stuff out.
    If you really want a shaker, they are $125 Pinball Life, including Revision C units for SPIKE...and chances are, you would have received them within a few days after ordering. That's where I order shakers from, at least.
    -Mark

Quoted from marcos:

Stern has never truly been in the parts/accessories
    business, and there seems to be a history of them not being speedy when they send stuff out.
    -Mark

From what I have read the coin taker shakers have 30 percent more vibration... I have never been able to compare the two, is that too much shake? I have been debating which one to get for stern Batman.

Thanks

#27 3 years ago

I wouldn't want any that were stronger than the ones I received from Stern. I ended up adjusting the weights so that they would shake a bit less.

Quoted from balboarules:

From what I have read the coin taker shakers have 30 percent more vibration... I have never been able to compare the two, is that too much shake? I have been debating which one to get for Stern Batman.
    Thanks

#28 3 years ago

Are the Stern on par with say the Data East ones? I have LAH and had JP the lost world, they were great, and did not need more, I figured Stern shakers would be the same?

I do not want any stronger that what is in LAH either.

Thanks

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

From what I have read the coin taker shakers have 30 percent more vibration... I have never been able to compare the two, is that too much shake? I have been debating which one to get for Stern Batman.
    Thanks

I had a couple of the cointaker red tremor shaker motors and I didn't like them at all. They felt more like a buzz than a rumble. The reason is they turn 1000rpm faster than the Stern motors. They also weren't built as well, the motor had a smaller shaft, the plugs didn't fit correctly on the control board etc. Stick with Stern you will be glad you did.

#30 3 years ago

Thank you Ita, that seems to be the common opinion, I am going to get a Stern one.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from ballykissfan:

Ok, I don't know if I'm just expecting too much here. But I just got a response from Stern regarding the Spike shaker motor I ordered on Oct 10. Was just told that it will be available on Nov 27. Almost a full 7 weeks after order. I had to email twice before I received the response. Can't say I'm too impressed with Stern's customer service.

I finally received my shaker motors on Tuesday and was less then impressed with the packing.. They were loosely placed in the box with no packing material to separate them and keep them from banging around.

Thankfully they arrived undamaged but the spike shaker motor was missing the mounting kit ( a few 8-32 bolts), the connecting cable/harness and z connector. No receipt or packing slip was included either.

I called the Parts Dept just to let them know of my missing parts and asked if I could get the cable but I was put on hold and transferred to Chas who had to write up warranty slip for my missing cable. That was on Tuesday. Still havnt received the cable.

So far im unimpressed with Sterns customer service as well. Hopefully I'll receive my cable before christmas.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

There may be a Black Friday sale. Stay tuned.

Come on stern - have a heart.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 35.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside