(Topic ID: 230751)

Stern Pinball Sales Have Grown 80% in the Last 3 Years....

By BackFlipper

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B35DAC7D-19D3-4892-8862-4B168B925916 (resized).jpeg
    6CF10E07-6DF6-4205-953B-F7C6DBF95174 (resized).png
    86F09AB3-AD89-4D41-904F-CA978A80CBF8 (resized).jpeg
    Unusual_sarcasm_notice (resized).jpg
    SARCASMWARNING (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dblm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

So much for some of the naysayers from the midwest saying that other manufactures are hurting sales and that Stern is not making as many games...

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

it's probably fair to say revenue have doubled over that same time, while profit has probably been even better.

But, but, but...why should we care about their profits and units? Having the largest and most relevant pinball manufacturer showing such great growth and expansion does nothing for the health of the hobby.

Unusual_sarcasm_notice (resized).jpgUnusual_sarcasm_notice (resized).jpg
    #10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It means more customers, more exposure, and more games on location. All of which are healthy for the hobby

Sorry, I was mocking people that make similar comments. I should have included the following warning. I have updated my original comment.

SARCASMWARNING (resized).jpgSARCASMWARNING (resized).jpg

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah there's some real dry folks around here that need everything spelled out.

I hear you, but on the other hand, I have seen plenty of comments like I made around here from Stern haters, people pissed off about price increases/being priced out of the markets, and everything in between. My favorite are those that are like "what do you care about Stern, its not like you are making money from them and they screw the little guy." I thought my but, but but was a dead giveaway...

This is fantastic news for Stern and the hobby writ large. Keep the train rolling!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

but it was CGC MB that was getting all the love

In how many threads are you going to profess your love of Monster Bash?

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

which is what the agressive schedule for MB production is all about.

Aggressive? The game that was supposed to come out at TPF? HAHAHAHAHA!

I love CGC and can't wait until my home remodeling is done to buy MBr. They make a fantastic product and I can't wait to see what they come out with next.

With that being said, your arguments are flimsy at best. Of course API and CGC were going to have a lot of hype at Expo! They unveiled games there when Deadpool had already been revealed. Of course you are going to have people lined up to check out the new hotness. CGC definitely has a leg up against just about everybody in the markets they compete in except Stern. Stern is the industry leader and are focused on volume. Until somebody can put out more than one game a year, they are not going to demonstrably cut into Stern's sales, which is a volume game.

In a Spooky thread this weekend Charlie stated that they made 475 games this year (so far), which is a great accomplishment for them and is to be commended. However, using Ice's 12K number, Stern put out 25x that number this year. What everybody either does not realize or does not want to admit is that more competition does take away some sales from the leader, but hurts smaller players on average more. A theoretical 10% drop for Stern is manageable, but that same drop against a smaller manufacturer is more impactful. This is not pulling for or against anybody, just a statement of fact.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe they should get back in bed with Stern and make Stern’s boutique games while Stern concentrates on the cornerstone games.

This. I think CGC could/should be a high end contract manufacturer for the industry. JJP makes a great product but CGC could help them scale. For contracted games like Jetsons, they could offer more manufacturing economies of scale than a Spooky. They can focus on the Bally/Williams games as their own brand and contract manufacture for one to many others.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

We have Borg Munsters coming, Nordwin Elvira 3, Keith Elwin's second title, original theme buy Steve Ritchie, and whatever Brian Eddie is doing is likely to be gold.

Found this picture of Stern’s development team.

86F09AB3-AD89-4D41-904F-CA978A80CBF8 (resized).jpeg86F09AB3-AD89-4D41-904F-CA978A80CBF8 (resized).jpeg
    #40 5 years ago

Ric Flair is the man!

2 quick Ric stories. When I was a kid, my dad was part of the Lions Club and got Jim Crockett Productions to do a house show in our small town on an off night when I was about 6. I watched them setup the ring and rehearse some matches. Ric noticed me, pulled me into the ring, threw me into the ropes, and gave me a chop, telling me to fall down. Was friggin awesome!

Later in life, helped out my brother and Hermie Sadler (NASCAR driver) promote some TNA wrestling when Flair went there. Without a doubt, never have partied with somebody like him in my life (and I have been drinking with John Layfield and Ron Simmons)!

Flair used to do local promos to the effect of “ I want all of you pretty ladies of x market come see me. And I want you to know one thing, and one thing only: none of you can be first, but any damn one of you can be next! Wooo!”

6CF10E07-6DF6-4205-953B-F7C6DBF95174 (resized).png6CF10E07-6DF6-4205-953B-F7C6DBF95174 (resized).png
    #42 5 years ago

Just found this pic of me, Layfield, and Simmons. Was spring of 2000 or 2001. At this point, I am 5”11 and 230 and they make me look small. Check out the beer can in Layfield’s hand. They drink no joke a 24 pack each and then went and wrestled that night. Unbelievable!

B35DAC7D-19D3-4892-8862-4B168B925916 (resized).jpegB35DAC7D-19D3-4892-8862-4B168B925916 (resized).jpeg
    #45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It sounds like Ric is a cool dude. Besides making me laugh, remind me again what he has to do with Stern?

He is the Stern of pinballs!

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Christian43:

I’m pretty sure that was a Fanny pack!
    LOL

It was a phone on a fanny pack. All we needed was a pair of Zubaz for the wrestler trifecta circa 2000.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You're an intolerable dolt

Kudos for a good use of the words “intolerable” and “dolt”.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dblm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ster-pinball-sales-have-grown-80-in-the-last-3-years?tu=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.