• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

This unit in the back box thats numbered 0-37 and has a little square hole that you can see one number at a time from the front glass, it never moves are does anything but this old Williams em game apears tp play ok without it, evidently not.
So whats the set up for this or a test for it. Ive never seen it change numbers the first time but the game goes from player 1 to player 2 perfect it seems and the score reels count every point. I have the schematic but it could take me a week to figure it out if not longer. This unit has been cleaned and nothing is froze up, and both coils work, im not aware that either coil has fired, I manually checked them with a proper voltage supply.
Thankyou.

#2 10 years ago

The game is probably set to "free play".
Post a few hires pics of the switches on the unit, including wire colors.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 10 years ago

My photo ability was on my other computer, lightning killed the computer, so it could be a while before any pictures.
I use dimes to fire off this pinball machine, one dime gives me one player for 5 balls, 2 dimes gives me a 2 player game with 5 balls each, all of that works.
No manual is available for this machine.

#4 10 years ago

This may help, it does have a little tag on this unit and it says replay unit.

#5 10 years ago

i believe you are talking about the credit unit. it only incriments when you add coins or get to whatever points are set to give you a free game, if you game will give free games. It should decriment when you hit the start button and use a credit. on games that do not have a real free play some people pull a wire off the decriment coil so they never go down or like I do set the free game score so low you always get a couple of free games. and set the extra ball adjusment to replay..

#6 10 years ago

It never moves or does anything, the factory tag says replay unit. This game does have ways to set it up but since it works ok the way it is I haven`t tried those yet.
I waited to last to try to figure out whats up with this unit.

#7 10 years ago

yes, it's the replay unit (sometimes called credit unit by other manufacturers)...

if chrishibler suggests a starting point, that is where i would start... it's more than likely hacked somehow for free play... without pics (or you reading the schematic and telling us what is going where) it's hard to make a definitive statement...

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

What is the name of the game?

#9 10 years ago

OK thats it, the game is Williams Casanova, mfg. late 1966 into very early 1967. I was told you can`t purchase a manual because none exist, so I will have to figure out part of this game.
I may be able to figure out what this replay unit does by looking at the schematic but it may take a long time. I do know that both coils are good and the switches are clean and apear to be in good working order. Now one of the springs apears to have been stretched.
What I need to know is what needs to be done to check this unit out for proper operation.
Thanks.

#10 10 years ago

^^^

"what is does" is step up when credits are added to the game (either by coin or by winning a game), and step down when a game is started... when not set to "free play" or when "working", when it gets to "0" on the reel, it does not allow you to start a game...

#11 10 years ago

If your replay unit is showing zero in the front window and you are able to start a game then your game is set to free play and you don't need to add coins to play. Try pressing the start button without putting in coins and see if it starts a game. If your replay unit shows something other than zero in the front window then it was probably disconnected so that you never run out of credits and again you would not need to add coins to play a game.

#12 10 years ago

Ok the game does start by pressing the red start button without the need to add coins, if you press the start button once you have a single player game, if you press the start button twice, you have a 2 player game.
I noticed the replay unit showed 10 in the window and now it has stepped down to 2, so I guess its working now.
I have no idea what changes were made but thanks for the help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stepper-unit-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.