(Topic ID: 301379)

stepper unit lube

By duckkillerclyde

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pbr-greaset (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-01-03-06-49 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JT-Pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

Hello. I hope all goes well with your Space Odyssey! I’m new to working on EM pins but have learned a few things. I recently had some gummed up steppers on the aces and kings I’m working on. They are not hard to pull apart after the first one it goes kinda quick. I don't have an ultrasonic but it would be super helpful for all the parts. I pulled all the old plungers and checked the stops and put in new sleeves. Sanded the plungers nice and smooth. Soaked the mechs and springs in denatured alcohol to get the old grease someone had been nice enough to lube with before that turned to stone. Sanded the contacts lightly with some 1000 grit. Lubed everything back up with some penetrating Teflon at shafts and pivot points. Reset the tension and they work like a Swiss watch.

#5 2 years ago

Uh. I don’t have anything against anything per say. You should check out PinWiki on there EM section. Everything I offered is just opinion. I know some talk of break cleaner. I don’t know bout the lithium I read people say super lube? I didn’t want to use anything that attracted or held dirt. Dry lube (Teflon) is very slick supposed to last and its dry so it attract dirt. I already had the alcohol and dry lube as I use it on my SS pins.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from duckkillerclyde:

Thanks bud, I wasn't trying to sound rude. I apologize.

Lol. No worries!

Your post got a lot of attention for EM lube! .

Hope you get your game going!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JT-Pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stepper-unit-lube?tu=JT-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.