• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Fun-Land-Work-02 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190904_211615006.jpg
IMG_20190904_211600892.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drussksu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi, I am getting very close to getting this machine running. This stepper unit is buzzing and getting stuck on in certain positions. I noticed some suspect wiring in the back anyone have any thoughts. Those bottom two wires don't look to be totally attached and they both have been soddered together.

IMG_20190904_211600892.jpgIMG_20190904_211600892.jpgIMG_20190904_211615006.jpgIMG_20190904_211615006.jpg
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Which two are you talking about?

In the second picture the bottom two wires I think one is blue and the other is blue with black. You can't see it in the picture but someone has done a repair which cut those wires then soldered them back together. In those areas bare wire is showing. I want to make sure those wires are not an issue. Otherwise I think I just need to replace the coil on that stepper unit. It seems to work fine when I have the glass off and I am testing playfield features I cannot get the coil to jam. When I play the machine it will jam every other game. I am also thinking I need to replace the coil for the 10 point bell. Do you have the schematics? I ordered them, they have not come in yet. Im wondering what coils I should order from Marcos as the replacements.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Your first photo, is too dark. Are the little shoes on the stepper soldered together, at the top like the visible ones on the left, no missing connections?

When you get the schematic, on it will be the coil info for the stepper unit. Is it possible that the stepper unit is gunked up with old lubricant? If you activate the coil with your finger will it click through its cycle easily?

I took the top off cleaned with 600 grit sandpaper then wiped with alcohol. Problem is still occuring. There are no missing connections. The bottom two wires are connected though they have had some type of repair in the past. There is about three inches of wire then they have been soldered together with bare wire showing. If I activate the coil with my finger it clicks through smoothly. Ill try and take another picture. I didn't notice the repair until I unclipped the unit from the back of the machine.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Is that second pic a shot from IPDB or somewhere? If so, yours should be like that

The second picture is from my machine. The more I think about it the more I think it is a bad coil. I can't find anything else unless there is some type of switch that needs adjusting. I have gone through all the score reels and the m-n-l unit. All of those switches are cleaned and adjusted.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks I think I'll try switching with the add ball coil. One more thing I noticed. When the add 0-9 unit coil gets jammed. The yellow pop bumpers get stuck down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drussksu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stepper-unit-in-back-of-fun-land-problems?tu=drussksu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.