(Topic ID: 125232)

Stepper motor lockdown

By btw75

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have 4 steppers under my playfield on my Derby Day and am having a really hard time keeping them adjusted right. I can tighten the allen screws that hold the disk onto the shaft as much as I dare and before too long they have slipped just a bit. I am thinking of resorting to using thread locker, but have a hunch that isn't going to do it. Any suggestions?

The steppers look like this one
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/gtbcoin1.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Have you tried adjusting the disc with the 3 inner screws to compensate to your slipped location?

#3 9 years ago

I need to take pics of the actual steppers, but am pretty sure they don't have the adjustment - looks like I picked the wrong "model" to use. That said, I do agree with the thought of figuring out a way to let the rotating disk be at it's "happy place" on the shaft and adjusting around that. Maybe there is a way I can adjust the base plate to do that.

#4 9 years ago

Certainly with flippers the locking screws will cut a circle into the shaft and if you try to adjust a little off then they move right back to the old groove. If you ever have to adjust flipper position swap flipper shafts left to right etc so you can cut a new "home". Dont know if this is the same issue here. But the slots in the Bakelite disk should give you the fine adjustment.

Ken

#5 9 years ago

It also helps to take the cam out, and file the 'burr' line smoother on the shaft, so that the set screws in the hub have a better surface to bite into.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stepper-motor-lockdown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.