Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by schwarz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

It2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg
    images-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1957 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    king-top-20-creepshow (resized).jpg
    7055995A-0484-4E34-AED7-E1D32D281BED (resized).jpeg
    4EDEB5F2-A628-47FF-BC0E-A272A1553A82 (resized).jpeg
    265743 (resized).jpg
    maxo3 (resized).png
    IMG_2466 (resized).PNG
    CreepshowStephenKing (resized).jpg
    johnny.gif
    king (resized).jpg
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Mr. King and with all the latest success he's been getting what better time than now for one of the big companies to take on the King Universe...... So much material to pull from and he is a pinball fan, anyways good idea? or bad?

king (resized).jpgking (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Uff that's a big one eh? Tons of great stuff to pull from but maybe too big? I can just imagine people bitching aboot what didn't make the cut!

#3 6 years ago

It's a fantastic idea. I could see an IT pin becoming a huge hit.

#4 6 years ago

I've heard worse ideas. It could only be done without any art or clips from the movies and I'm not sure if Pinball is ready for a literary-based pinball machine.

#5 6 years ago

Pet cemetery! Graveyard, tombstones etc.......that could be cool!

#6 6 years ago

Creepshow. Could make the short stories into a quest pin like WOZ or Hobbit. I would be a buyer

#7 6 years ago

johnny.gifjohnny.gif

#8 6 years ago

Pick a story/series and go with it. Dark Tower, It, Salem’s Lot, or potentially The Stand would all be great. But trying to cram multiple storylines into one game would not work well (and yeah, I know Mr. King himself has flirted with this at times by retconning his various stories together, but doesn’t mean it’s a good idea in a pinball machine).

I agree 100% that movie clip art would be terrible. Bring in an illustrator from one of his books, or someone else that can draw horror.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've heard worse ideas. It could only be done without any art or clips from the movies and I'm not sure if Pinball is ready for a literary-based pinball machine.

Then we could get a Pride and Prejudice pin, too! Of Mice and Men? Anyone?....

#10 6 years ago

I think an it Pinball would be really cool.

#11 6 years ago

100% THE DARK TOWER series!!!!! Omfg!

#12 6 years ago

Did anyone else check out his latest show, Mr Mercedes on the Audience network? First new show I've watched since breaking bad and was pleasantly surprised.

Seems there are countless opportunities to make something scary cool.

#13 6 years ago

Oh man, what a cool, original concept! I don't think incorporating ideas from all the classics would be tough at all.
    Great idea!!!

#14 6 years ago

Hell of a lot cooler than a Toy Story pinball would be.....

#15 6 years ago

They could cover the whole thing in Meteor Shit just like the new POTC.

CreepshowStephenKing (resized).jpgCreepshowStephenKing (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aflacjack:

Creepshow. Could make the short stories into a quest pin like WOZ or Hobbit. I would be a buyer

YES, Creepshow rules. Paying respect to George too

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think an it Pinball would be really cool.

The clown could reach out of a sewer grate and take your ball to a lower playfield.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

They could cover the whole thing in Meteor Shit just like the new POTC.

This story terrified me when I was little, both in the comic version and the screen version, and I think still does.

#19 6 years ago

IT IT IT!

#20 6 years ago

Creepshow would be great.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

The clown could reach out of a sewer grate and take your ball to a lower playfield.

That is an awesome idea.

#22 6 years ago

I would definitely be down for some Steven King. Since IT was so successful in this movie release, that makes the most sense. But, he has a ton of great work to pick from.

#23 6 years ago

I see him occasionally at the grocery store....If I see him this weekend, Ill ask!

#24 6 years ago

I like the idea...and then we could have yet another King Pin

#25 6 years ago

Well hopefully one of the manufacturers is watching and can get this idea going. Creepshow or IT would be awesome but I’d be into any of them. I’d rather see something like this over any of the last few pins that have come out. But who knows how the licensing would be.....

#26 6 years ago

Too much material for one pin, how do you narrow it down?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I see him occasionally at the grocery store....If I see him this weekend, Ill ask!

Does he have a place in Florida? Of course at any given time, any grocery store in the USA probably has at least one creepy old dude that looks a bit like Stephen King.

#28 6 years ago

IMG_2466 (resized).PNGIMG_2466 (resized).PNG

#29 6 years ago

If the pinball machine has damage, cabinet/parts, it should restore itself to brand new like Christine. No maintenance...

#30 6 years ago

Good idea! As long as there is a mode or two honoring Desperation, I'm happy

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Does he have a place in Florida? Of course at any given time, any grocery store in the USA probably has at least one creepy old dude that looks a bit like Stephen King.

He owns an estate at the North end of Casey Key, about 3 miles away from me.
    He visits the Publix nearby, and I've said hi
    and small chatted a couple times.
    No harm in asking if he likes Pinball, etc.
    I see him a couple times a year.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Too much material for one pin, how do you narrow it down?

Maybe then there can be a series of machines: Steven King's Horror Stories, Steven King's Fiction Fantasy etc..

#33 6 years ago

That would be really cool!!! I agree though if you want the play of the game to make sense it might be best to pick a book or have the individual goals set to unlock certain books if you're going to use more than one book. As far as art work I definitely agree Don't use art from the movies, find an artist who either has illustrated some of King's books or find a graphic horror artist to do it. King is a big fan of the comics/graphic novels. He did the whole Creep Show which was basically a comic so I think that art form would be truer to King and his work than using movie clip art.
    I would so save my pennies for a game like this.

SuAnn

#34 6 years ago

Maximum Overdrive is the only correct answer...

maxo3 (resized).pngmaxo3 (resized).png

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

That is an awesome idea.

Thanks. I have not seen the remake of the movie yet. Does anyone know when the sequel is supposed to be out? That would be the time to release the game.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Thanks. I have not seen the remake of the movie yet. Does anyone know when the sequel is supposed to be out? That would be the time to release the game.

Sequel is set for 2019 around this time. There’s going to be flashbacks to the kids so the director wants to shoot soonish so they don’t age.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurium:

Sequel is set for 2019 around this time. There’s going to be flashbacks to the kids so the director wants to shoot soonish so they don’t age.

They're doing a sequel to IT?!?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

They're doing a sequel to IT?!?

They only covered half of the story. Save that rage for the prequels.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

They only covered half of the story. Save that rage for the prequels.

Seriously? I'm not asking for spoilers, but they stop in the middle of the book? I never heard that (so I guess my spoiler avoidance is paying off).

#40 6 years ago

I did enjoy the movie but it what really needs and deserves is an HBO quality TV show. There is enough in the book to easily cover two seasons.

#41 6 years ago

265743 (resized).jpg265743 (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago

A Dark Tower pin would be awesome. There is plenty of content to run with. I would not use art from the recent movie, but from the actual books published by Grant, which I own. The illustrations are amazing and would translate well to a pin.

#43 6 years ago

Some Michael Whelan or Ned Dameron Dark Tower Pinball art editions? Yes please.

4EDEB5F2-A628-47FF-BC0E-A272A1553A82 (resized).jpeg4EDEB5F2-A628-47FF-BC0E-A272A1553A82 (resized).jpeg

7055995A-0484-4E34-AED7-E1D32D281BED (resized).jpeg7055995A-0484-4E34-AED7-E1D32D281BED (resized).jpeg

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Seriously? I'm not asking for spoilers, but they stop in the middle of the book? I never heard that (so I guess my spoiler avoidance is paying off).

The book is broken up between they’re returning childhood memories and their confrontation as adults. They only covered their childhood in the new movie. Next will be as adults with some likely additional recollections of childhood.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zdoor:

The book is broken up between they’re returning childhood memories and their confrontation as adults. They only covered their childhood in the new movie. Next will be as adults with some likely additional recollections of childhood.

Huh, I had no idea they did the movie that way. Guess I should get around to watching it!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Maximum Overdrive is the only correct answer...

The game has an alphanumeric display that calls you an “Asshole”

“WHERE’S MY CAKE?”

#47 6 years ago

Creepshow would be great.

Thanks for the ride, lady.

Young uns should be forced to watch Creepshow 1 & 2 (not 3 that was shite) to see how good comedy horror can be. What makes it awesome IMO is the COMEDY. Far too little of that in pinball. And it has zombies, sci-fi, zombies and zombies. The fact Stephen King acted in it in more than a momentary cameo is also very interesting.

Return of the Living Dead is another comedy horror I'd love to see as a pinball.

#48 6 years ago

Gotta include Cujo too. Read the book when I was a teen. It really creeped me out and I spent hours thinking about how I'd exit the car and race indoors. Outsmarting Cujo and becoming master of my domain.

2 weeks later
    #49 6 years ago

king-top-20-creepshow (resized).jpgking-top-20-creepshow (resized).jpg

#50 6 years ago

Meteor shit!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stephen-king-themed-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.